Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,730 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (591091 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by charlycharly: 12:31pm On Feb 14, 2016
Solitin40:
if u drop ur email for IELTS MATERIALS chck ur box i 've SENT it
Pls send me as well thanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by RetroBoy: 4:18pm On Feb 14, 2016
iphie25:

Yeah...same thing am getting. I average 34-36 marks on each of them, L&R. Been dreaming of the day I'll get 40 out of 40 grin.

But how did you rate d exam and ur performance?(I mean b4 ur results came out)
I expected to ace the L, W and R modules. The Speaking part I wasn't sure of. Let's say I just didn't expect 8 for writing.
By the way, 39-40 will give you 9 , and 37-38 will give 8.5 , so I think you're doing fine.
Keep practising.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 4:47pm On Feb 14, 2016
charlycharly:

Pls send me as well thanks.
Yor are funny o where will i sne too? undecided tongue
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by iphie25(f): 5:29pm On Feb 14, 2016
RetroBoy:

I expected to ace the L, W and R modules. The Speaking part I wasn't sure of. Let's say I just didn't expect 8 for writing.
By the way, 39-40 will give you 9 , and 37-38 will give 8.5 , so I think you're doing fine.
Keep practising.

I'm writing the GT module...is the marking scheme the same?

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2016
iphie25:

The reading marking for general is different from d acedemic

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by RetroBoy: 12:18am On Feb 15, 2016
iphie25:

Yes, it is. However, the reading and writing modules are different
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by RetroBoy: 12:18am On Feb 15, 2016
Solitin40:
I didn't get your mail
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 7:01am On Feb 15, 2016
RetroBoy:

I didn't get your mail
Ahhhh drop ur mail address
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by chucksbadt(m): 11:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
Good evening house. Please is it possible for someone to prepare for an IELTS exam within 2 weeks and pass well?. Planning to write on March 6th
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cottyekundayo(m): 12:49am On Feb 16, 2016
chucksbadt:
Good evening house. Please is it possible for someone to prepare for an IELTS exam within 2 weeks and pass well?. Planning to write on March 6th
if it is conceivable, it is achievable. 2 weeks is good
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by iphie25(f): 8:01am On Feb 16, 2016
chucksbadt:

It's very possible from wt I've heard. Hv u registered? Pls check ur date to confirm, coz it's 5th not 6th.

2 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by iphie25(f): 8:18am On Feb 16, 2016
RetroBoy:

Average scores
Listening-35/40
Writing-No way to grade that
Speaking-no way to grade that
Reading-32/40

The important thing is to know why you missed the answers in your practice and go over it again

Pls what material did u use while practising?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by chucksbadt(m): 8:20am On Feb 16, 2016
iphie25:

It's very possible from wt I've heard. Hv u registered? Pls check ur date to confirm, coz it's 5th not 6th.

Am registering tomorrow. It's actually 6th not 5th
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by iphie25(f): 8:35am On Feb 16, 2016
chucksbadt:

Am registering tomorrow. It's actually 6th not 5th

Haba bros..where did u get that date from? Oya register 1st am sure after you've done that there won't be any doubt.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Luggi007(m): 8:21am On Feb 17, 2016
Solitin40:

Pls i need the IELTS materials too. My mail is: bunmi.ogundare@gmail.com

Thanks in advance and God bless.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Luggi007(m): 9:02am On Feb 17, 2016
I registered for the IELTS last week and chose 5th of march for the exams, even though i would have prefered 19th of march but it was cancelled cuz of the election in rivers state on that day.

But now i thinking that the 5th march will be too close to prepare so i made request to change the date to april 2nd, but i was told i will have to pay 25% of the exam fee which i cannot afford now.

Pls i want to ask you ppl if now till march 5th will be enough for me to prepare and make at least 7 in all the components? Or should i continue and shift the exam date forward.

And pls anybody that can help me with any useful information and materials to prepare should do help o.

And if their is anyobdy that have done the exam before or with anything help that resides in PH can pls connect with me.

08038408232 (bunmi.ogundare@gmail.com)
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cottyekundayo(m): 7:29pm On Feb 17, 2016
Luggi007:
I registered for the IELTS last week and chose 5th of march for the exams, even though i would have prefered 19th of march but it was cancelled cuz of the election in rivers state on that day.

But now i thinking that the 5th march will be too close to prepare so i made request to change the date to april 2nd, but i was told i will have to pay 25% of the exam fee which i cannot afford now.

Pls i want to ask you ppl if now till march 5th will be enough for me to prepare and make at least 7 in all the components? Or should i continue and shift the exam date forward.

And pls anybody that can help me with any useful information and materials to prepare should do help o.

And if their is anyobdy that have done the exam before or with anything help that resides in PH can pls connect with me.

08038408232 (bunmi.ogundare@gmail.com)
from when you typed till march 5 is more than enough time. Know your limitations and overcome em. see videos on YouTube, check ieltsliz.com, speak English frequently, and picture your exam day in your thoughts. on the exam day, the questions become so simple like you have been there before. don't stand still

3 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Fiona111: 10:20pm On Feb 17, 2016
Solitin40:
g

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by geejayjax: 5:40am On Feb 18, 2016
Solitin40:
Abeg, send to me.. gbengajohn0@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Luggi007(m): 10:50am On Feb 18, 2016
Cottyekundayo:

from when you typed till march 5 is more than enough time. Know your limitations and overcome em. see videos on YouTube, check ieltsliz.com, speak English frequently, and picture your exam day in your thoughts. on the exam day, the questions become so simple like you have been there before. don't stand still

Its OK then.

Will the site and the videos in the YouTube be enough to prepare till the 5th of march? if you have any other useful infos or materials be let me know.

Thanks bro
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by omoomoba(m): 5:21pm On Feb 18, 2016
I did my L, R and W today. Guys, everyone in the hall just bon comot because of the reading test. They wanted to scatter our head. L and W was good but am at the moment very afraid of any damage R can can O. So surprised at the moment.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by iphie25(f): 5:57pm On Feb 18, 2016
omoomoba:
I did my L, R and W today. Guys, everyone in the hall just bon comot because of the reading test. They wanted to scatter our head. L and W was good but am at the moment very afraid of any damage R can can O. So surprised at the moment.

It's well...just hv faith in God, he's able to make things right. BTW what module did u write?

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by jorgan(m): 6:27pm On Feb 18, 2016
Hello house, pls I need an urgent response as to which British embassy office can I collect my ielts result certificate...is it the one in ikeja or the one on the island.

Exam was written in Ibadan. Thanks in anticipation
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by omoomoba(m): 7:15pm On Feb 18, 2016
iphie25:

Surprisingly, it's the academic module

It's well...just hv faith in God, he's able to make things right. BTW what module did u write?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by iphie25(f): 7:33pm On Feb 18, 2016
[quote author=omoomoba post=43043344][/quote]

Nna it's well o..but academic module no be here sha. But it's not something you can't manage...what made it so bad today?
Nw fear has entered my body o..am writing on d 5th.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cottyekundayo(m): 8:03pm On Feb 18, 2016
jorgan:
Hello house, pls I need an urgent response as to which British embassy office can I collect my ielts result certificate...is it the one in ikeja or the one on the island.

Exam was written in Ibadan. Thanks in anticipation
. check your exam details or confirmation mail.yoi should see the council office your centre is affiliated to
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cottyekundayo(m): 8:08pm On Feb 18, 2016
Luggi007:

Its OK then.

Will the site and the videos in the YouTube be enough to prepare till the 5th of march? if you have any other useful infos or materials be let me know.

Thanks bro
there are several sites. however, whether it will help or not.. it depends on your limitations. mine was the writing part 2. and I acquired what I needed to get a 6.5 for the writing. I believe the sites will guide you. as for the materials, check previous posts.. there is someone that sends time people's mails. you can also visit dxschool.org and goodluckielts.com etc. dem plenty mehn.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Cottyekundayo(m): 8:09pm On Feb 18, 2016
omoomoba:
it's just fear of the unknown. but you should be able to have an estimate of what you can score outta 40 for the reading. be optimistic
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by jorgan(m): 8:18pm On Feb 18, 2016
Cottyekundayo:
. check your exam details or confirmation mail.yoi should see the council office your centre is affiliated to

Thanks got it, it's ikoyi, guess that's where I am to get the certificate from
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Painpill: 9:29pm On Feb 18, 2016
A minute silence for everyone who faced the academic reading task today......

For those that were caught unawares at the ending part of the listening section...

And to those who are currently wishing British council will just take small point from the over-sweet writing part to augment the horrible reading section grin

Countdown to 2nd March. Ikeja wept today..
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Nobody: 12:39am On Feb 19, 2016
Solitin40:

Ahhhh drop ur mail address

Bro, please send me materials too
edjenyo@gmail.com

Thanks Bro

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 7:51am On Feb 19, 2016
omoomoba:
Hello sir
Whch centre nd was it acedemics? Bcuz yday i did mine at mauve21 and the was okay notin difficult d part 2 was some how sha but ingiv God the glory

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.