Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (588826 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 7:55am On Feb 19, 2016
iphie25:

Nna it's well o..but academic module no be here sha. But it's not something you can't manage...what made it so bad today?
Nw fear has entered my body o..am writing on d 5th.
My sister dont mind him o i wrote mine yday at mauve21 ibadan omo if u pratice well their is notin to be afraid of my reading was super but d section 3was somehow but not dat difficult tho section 1 was the simple likewise section 2 so no fear i did acedemics sha i will advise you to read the question first b4 the passage nd whn u r reading the passage underline sometins u knw are key for easy reference with pencil

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by iphie25(f): 8:37am On Feb 19, 2016
Solitin40:

My sister dont mind him o i wrote mine yday at mauve21 ibadan omo if u pratice well their is notin to be afraid of my reading was super but d section 3was somehow but not dat difficult tho section 1 was the simple likewise section 2 so no fear i did acedemics sha i will advise you to read the question first b4 the passage nd whn u r reading the passage underline sometins u knw are key for easy reference with pencil

Thanks bro! wink
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 10:06pm On Feb 19, 2016
Check ur mail box if you drop your email adddress for ielts materials
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by omoomoba(m): 10:15pm On Feb 19, 2016
Solitin40:

Hello sir
Whch centre nd was it acedemics? Bcuz yday i did mine at mauve21 and the was okay notin difficult d part 2 was some how sha but ingiv God the glory

It was the Lagos centre. Ikeja precisely. Quite optimistic anyway. How was the writing aspect. Can you give an idea of the questions?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 7:10am On Feb 20, 2016
omoomoba:

It was the Lagos centre. Ikeja precisely. Quite optimistic anyway. How was the writing aspect. Can you give an idea of the questions?
which part o
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Painpill: 1:17pm On Feb 20, 2016
Solitin40:

The reading section was somehow at the Lagos center, it was actually the shortest 1hr of my life and many confirmed it after the exam, infact reading was the hardest and it was really weird. I'm an expert in skimming and the least score I always got during practice was 39/40 and I always finished before an hour and even have time sometimes to enjoy the interesting passages. However I was in for a shocker on Thursday.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 11:39am On Feb 22, 2016
Painpill:

The reading section was somehow at the Lagos center, it was actually the shortest 1hr of my life and many confirmed it after the exam, infact reading was the hardest and it was really weird. I'm an expert in skimming and the least score I always got during practice was 39/40 and I always finished before an hour and even have time sometimes to enjoy the interesting passages. However I was in for a shocker on Thursday.
THE READING part 3 was mad like was not easy at all but the other part i did it well about the time yes the time was short but i finished mine some people didnt finish some 20 out of 40 some 23 out of 40 like thar i tank God sha let us tinl positive gonna be good IJN Amen cant wait for march 2 to see my result overall 8.0 grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 12:37pm On Feb 22, 2016
omoomoba:

Task 1
to describe a map
Task 2
to talk about the modern way to access information agree or disagree or so
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by alphanuvo(m): 2:26pm On Feb 22, 2016
Solitin40:

THE READING part 3 was mad like was not easy at all but the other part i did it well about the time yes the time was short but i finished mine some people didnt finish some 20 out of 40 some 23 out of 40 like thar i tank God sha let us tinl positive gonna be good IJN Amen cant wait for march 2 to see my result overall 8.0 grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

I think its wise to start answering the reading passage from section 3 (Q27-Q40), because it's usually tasking and requires total concentration.
The remaining two passages are less demanding and laborious.

I completed all the questions in the reading part using this approach.

I'm waiting for March 2 also! smiley

4 Likes

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by sammiy: 4:36pm On Feb 22, 2016
Solitin40:
pls kindly help me with d ietls material pls. Samshi010@yahoo.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by abidex0z(m): 2:09am On Feb 23, 2016
Solitin40:
bro pls help me with study materials.. abbey0z@yahoo.com...my exam is coming up on the 19th of march...
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by amkaro(f): 7:45am On Feb 23, 2016
Please I need assistance on how to apply for the IELTS exams, centers n locations in lagos, and how to get d practice materials. Pls kindly forward this info to my mail sammy4realluv_007@yahoo.com

Thanks.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ShehuAba(m): 9:50am On Feb 23, 2016
Solitin40:

Pls help me to send the ielts materials to my email:

abdulganiyshehu@gmail.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by DawnEden(m): 1:13pm On Feb 23, 2016
Painpill:
A minute silence for everyone who faced the academic reading task today......

For those that were caught unawares at the ending part of the listening section...

And to those who are currently wishing British council will just take small point from the over-sweet writing part to augment the horrible reading section grin

Countdown to 2nd March. Ikeja wept today..
what was the questions given in the scary part of the reading section
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by geejayjax: 1:26pm On Feb 23, 2016
geejayjax:
Abeg, send to me.. gbengajohn0@gmail.com
Abeg I never see the mail... gbengajohn0@gmail.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Painpill: 7:40pm On Feb 23, 2016
DawnEden:

what was the questions given in the scary part of the reading section

You mean the 40 questions I was asked 5days ago

If you wrote same day then it's prolly same questions. A passage about the New Zealand Kiwi, a boring one about intelligence, and an extremely annoying one about grown-ass men fighting over the origin of language.

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by SlowlybtSurely: 8:22pm On Feb 23, 2016
Painpill:

You mean the 40 questions I was asked 5days ago

If you wrote same day then it's prolly same questions. A passage about the New Zealand Kiwi, a boring one about intelligence, and an extremely annoying one about grown-ass men fighting over the origin of language.

Lol.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 8:59pm On Feb 23, 2016
amkaro:
Please I need assistance on how to apply for the IELTS exams, centers n locations in lagos, and how to get d practice materials. Pls kindly forward this info to my mail sammy4realluv_007@yahoo.com

Thanks.
everything you need have been explained here. i will advise u to start from page 20 down to the last post or u check my posts i ve stated everything
will send u d materials to practice with to save cost
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 7:18am On Feb 24, 2016
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by donald197: 8:49am On Feb 24, 2016
Pls send me the materials too. strollwithphallik@yahoo.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Lotalways: 9:26am On Feb 24, 2016
Solitin40:
if u drop ur email for IELTS MATERIALS chck ur box i 've SENT it
Please I need ielts material
Hollalot@yahoo.com. tanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by abidex0z(m): 10:30am On Feb 24, 2016
Solitin40:
Check this pdf file out it explains how to write at band 9
https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0Bz7Xm1dw9s5VUDlUTlFpOFk4RTQ?usp=folder&sort=13&direction=a
thanks bro..I ve seen what u sent..

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Solitin40: 2:50pm On Feb 25, 2016
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Wadosky(m): 2:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
Wadosky:

listening 7.0
speaking 7.5
reading 7.5
writing 6.5
overall 7.0
I will have to apply for a remark.
I checked it last nyt

I applied for a remark of my writing and my band score increased from 6.5 to 7.0 ,my overall also moved to 7.5.
A refund of my 15000 is underway.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by charlycharly: 2:23pm On Feb 26, 2016
[quote author=Solitin40 post=42918687]
Yor are funny o where will i
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by aykanbi: 11:42pm On Feb 26, 2016
Ticktock ticktock march 5th. My result cometh. God unto you I commend my scripts
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by alphanuvo(m): 10:32am On Feb 27, 2016
aykanbi:
Ticktock ticktock march 5th. My result cometh. God unto you I commend my scripts

@aykanbi: I'm also anxiously waiting for my result. The tension is palpable. Actually the result date is March 2nd. wink
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by primeson1(m): 2:11pm On Feb 27, 2016
I am writing April 2nd in lagos. who's with me?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by DawnEden(m): 6:45pm On Feb 27, 2016
primeson1:
I am writing April 2nd in lagos. who's with me?
I am with you.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by omoomoba(m): 10:32am On Feb 29, 2016
alphanuvo:

@aykanbi: I'm also anxiously waiting for my result. The tension is palpable. Actually the result date is March 2nd. wink

It's a crazy tension caused by that reading aspect. Should be online by 2nd I guess. Optimistic......
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by aykanbi: 11:44am On Feb 29, 2016
I wrote on the 20th. I heard it takes 13 days for the results to come out
alphanuvo:

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by alphanuvo(m): 1:57pm On Feb 29, 2016
aykanbi:
I wrote on the 20th. I heard it takes 13 days for the results to come out

Yeah, you're right. It does take 13 days for the results to be posted online. I wrote mine on the 18th February.

.....tick tock to 2nd March grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.