Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. - Education (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. (588839 Views)

JAMB: Share Your Experience / When Is Your Exam Date,time And Name And Score If You Gotten Yours / UNIZIK Post-UME Candidates: What's Your Score? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (159) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by priscy001(f): 3:20pm On Jul 09, 2018
Please, can you help with the study packs you used?My exam is on 28th
bestbynature:

Please is there any test centre in Ibadan (Mauve2 1 event centre)

I got there to submit bank draft and I was told they have moved .

True?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by priscy001(f): 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2018
Please can you help me with the materials you used? My exam is on 28th
oscoxa214:
Checked MY IELTS results for Feb 1st,
L8. 5,R 7.0,S 7.0,W 6.5,
I had a score band of 7.5...
Pleasant experience... Read on my own within a space of two weeks...
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by DonFreshmoney(m): 3:27pm On Jul 09, 2018
priscy001:
Hello,Please lets do something together. my exam is on 28th of this month and i know am not ready for it due to work stress. I need someone i can read with.

I sent you an email..

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by ugonwa2003: 9:34am On Jul 11, 2018
mim1031:

6 weeks
Good morning. Please did British council get back to you after the 6 weeks or you checked online for the feedback?
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by makasimatics(m): 9:40am On Jul 11, 2018
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Daphie4(f): 12:33pm On Jul 11, 2018
priscy001:
Please can you help me with the materials you used? My exam is on 28th
. Please can you also forward the materials to chebedaphobiakor@gmail.com. thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by kokorita: 4:23am On Jul 13, 2018
Pls house how do I check my result on mod. What's the site to check result
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by dives(m): 12:03pm On Jul 13, 2018
kokorita:
Pls house how do I check my result on mod. What's the site to check result

https://results.ieltsessentials.com

1 Like

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by dives(m): 12:15pm On Jul 13, 2018
Hello guys. I wrote ielts the first time and i had a L-7.5, R- 8. S- 6.5 and W-7. Unfortunately i need an 8 in listening and 7 in other sections so i wrote again amd now i had
L- 8
W - 8.5
R - 6.5
S- 7.5

I am quite worried with the reading knowing that I had an 8 the first time I wrote it and OBJ questions are usually not a problem for me.

Now the issue is i want to request for an Enquiry on result and it would cost me 46k. I am ready to give it a shot because i am quite positive I did better than that but I am also having second thoughts because this is an OBJ section so it may be unlikey there was an error. The L and R section na pass or fail unlike the W and S where opinions may differ. Abeg how una take see this matter?

is it worth requesting this EOR?

Are there any chances my score will change knowing that this section i need an EOR on is OBJ? Does anyone know someone who has had a similar experience before?

Please share your thoughts. (Please pardon the typos)Thanks guys.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by henrymor: 1:20pm On Jul 13, 2018
Good day fam,

I have a question which I would like an answer to. I was preparing for TOEFLE before because I was trying to gain admission to a school in Canada, but now I changed my mind to Australia where I am requested to do IELTS. Now I am more worried worried than before because people are saying IELTS is difficult. Pls I need someone who has done the exam or have experience to tell me more about it. Thanks. Lest I forget, can I don't TOEFLE instead of IELTS?

Thanks fam
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by TY4succex(m): 6:16pm On Jul 13, 2018
dives:
Hello guys. I wrote ielts the first time and i had a L-7.5, R- 8. S- 6.5 and W-7. Unfortunately i need an 8 in listening and 7 in other sections so i wrote again amd now i had
L- 8
W - 8.5
R - 6.5
S- 7.5

I am quite worried with the reading knowing that I had an 8 the first time I wrote it and OBJ questions are usually not a problem for me.

Now the issue is i want to request for an Enquiry on result and it would cost me 46k. I am ready to give it a shot because i am quite positive I did better than that but I am also having second thoughts because this is an OBJ section so it may be unlikey there was an error. The L and R section na pass or fail unlike the W and S where opinions may differ. Abeg how una take see this matter?

Are there any chances my score will change knowing that this section i need an EOR on is OBJ? Does anyone know someone who has had a similar experience before?

Really?? 46k?? I thought the cost for Standard IELTS remark is NGN15,000 payable by Banker's draft or other appropriate means. My friend ask for remark and paid N15k. Anyway, it won't be a bad idea for you to do same. You will be refunded if your band score changes for any of the 4 sections.
However, for most people that has gone that route including my friend, it was specifically the speaking and writing they requested for. My friends got more score from those after the remark and was refunded. Just like you rightly mention, Listening and Reading are multi-choice answer type with marking scheme. The former are as deem alright by the examiner. You may give it a try, perharps, it might be no-of-count mistake smiley
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Lana1(m): 7:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
henrymor:
Good day fam,

I have a question which I would like an answer to. I was preparing for TOEFLE before because I was trying to gain admission to a school in Canada, but now I changed my mind to Australia where I am requested to do IELTS. Now I am more worried worried than before because people are saying IELTS is difficult. Pls I need someone who has done the exam or have experience to tell me more about it. Thanks. Lest I forget, can I don't TOEFLE instead of IELTS?

Thanks fam
IELTS is not difficult. Dont let other people's opinions confuse you. Try out some questions and see for yourself.

U'll probably ve to do Academic. And academic questions are a bit stiffer than General questions.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Lana1(m): 7:14pm On Jul 13, 2018
dives:
L- 8
W - 8.5
R - 6.5
S- 7.5

Dont think its as expensive as 46k but if u're sure u did better than ur score suggests, then call for a remark. And if u get a better score after the remark, then u get refunded ur money anyways.

Its all up to you!
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by dives(m): 4:18pm On Jul 14, 2018
TY4succex:

Really?? 46k?? I thought the cost for Standard IELTS remark is NGN15,000 payable by Banker's draft or other appropriate means. My friend ask for remark and paid N15k. Anyway, it won't be a bad idea for you to do same. You will be refunded if your band score changes for any of the 4 sections.
However, for most people that has gone that route including my friend, it was specifically the speaking and writing they requested for. My friends got more score from those after the remark and was refunded. Just like you rightly mention, Listening and Reading are multi-choice answer type with marking scheme. The former are as deem alright by the examiner. You may give it a try, perharps, it might be no-of-count mistake smiley

Thanks for the suggestion. Yes, for British Council it costs 15k. I took mine with MOD IELTS and remarking with them costs 46k.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by dives(m): 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2018
Lana1:
Dont think its as expensive as 46k but if u're sure u did better than ur score suggests, then call for a remark. And if u get a better score after the remark, then u get refunded ur money anyways.

Its all up to you!

Hmmmm...if you were me would you call for a remark?

Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Lana1(m): 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2018
dives:

Hmmmm...if you were me would you call for a remark?
I cant put myself in ur shoes here coz i didn't write the exam. U're the only person in the best position to know whether to ask for a remark or not....
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Aydayo9: 1:02pm On Jul 15, 2018
Please I need someone we can study together that lives in Ikorodu.Probably next weekend, my exam is August 2. You can contact me on this number 08071953352.Thanks
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Daporeals(m): 7:50pm On Jul 15, 2018
Pls can someone give me the order of how the exam is been conducted, and lastly , can we go in with blank sheet during the listening test,
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by jjbest(m): 11:03am On Jul 18, 2018
Good morning,, please I want to write IELTS but don't no if am to get a sch first bf writing or jst write and use the result when apply for sch. am planning applying for a sch in Canada.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by jjbest(m): 11:06am On Jul 18, 2018
Aydayo9:
Please I need someone we can study together that lives in Ikorodu.Probably next weekend, my exam is August 2. You can contact me on this number 08071953352.Thanks

plz sir, can u help me wit materials, mk I reach u for whatapp

my email. jacksonjusticechidi@gmail.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by jjbest(m): 11:16am On Jul 18, 2018
bollybees:
I spent only two days preparing for my test and I got 7.5 don’t try this at home thou.

If you already good at English and you cracked English at WAEC/JAMB exams you don’t have to be afraid of the IELTS. In my opinion WAEC English is harder.
1. Get familiar with the test format
2. Watch youtube tutorials for each of the sections Learn IELTS with Emma
3. Practice
4. Get familiar with the different writing questions; some questions will ask to what extent you agree or disagree; some wants you to take a side.

For your speaking and writing use big words you know.

plz can u help me wit materials, my email is jacksonjusticechidi@gmail.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by scobyy2007: 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2018
Anybody in Abuja that can help me with IELTS. I need a study partner in Abuja Oooo. Please call me on 08077768238

PLEASE if you have the current IELTS materials please kindly share: larrypizzu@gmail.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Matrix07: 2:57pm On Jul 27, 2018
Hello, I recently got my result from UKVI academy IELTS.

R 7.5
L 7.5
S 7.5
W 6

I need 7 in writing. Do you think its worth applying for a remark? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Erums(m): 10:35am On Aug 03, 2018
bollybees:
I spent only two days preparing for my test and I got 7.5 don’t try this at home thou.

If you already good at English and you cracked English at WAEC/JAMB exams you don’t have to be afraid of the IELTS. In my opinion WAEC English is harder.
1. Get familiar with the test format
2. Watch youtube tutorials for each of the sections Learn IELTS with Emma
3. Practice
4. Get familiar with the different writing questions; some questions will ask to what extent you agree or disagree; some wants you to take a side.

For your speaking and writing use big words you know.

Can you please send me ielts materials, my exam is next month I think I'm not catching up yet.

Terumusele@gmail.com
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by junglebook: 3:32pm On Aug 04, 2018
Nice thread.....Any person or persons around Ajah/Vgc axis looking for a study partner should quote me pls
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by themonk(m): 6:11pm On Aug 05, 2018
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Mexus23: 11:06am On Aug 07, 2018
i am so happy to join nairaland after all these years, i plan on going to study in the usa and i am writing ielts. I am afraid of the speaking aspect because of my accent . For my economic stance, i may only be able to afford it once and i am scared i need advise on what to do
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by v3: 11:49am On Aug 07, 2018
https:///iwKTzrTqra?amp=1 For those looking to prepare for GRE, IELTS and the likes.

That's a treasure trove of information.
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by Bestelle: 4:17am On Aug 08, 2018
Hello guys.... I have two questions (1) the section for filling the contact address is it adviceable to use home address or office address (2) will the hard copy of the result be sent to that particular address or you have to go to british council to get it in person?
Pls reponses will be really appreciated
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by quille11: 5:54am On Aug 08, 2018
junglebook:
Nice thread.....Any person or persons around Ajah/Vgc axis looking for a study partner should quote me pls

Hello. I am an IELTS candidate also looking for a study partner. I stay at Ikota before VGC. Kindly let's hookup
Re: IELTS: Share Your Experience, Ask Your Questions, Tell Us Your Score If You Can. by joie123(f): 11:09am On Aug 08, 2018
quille11:

Hello. I am an IELTS candidate also looking for a study partner. I stay at Ikota before VGC. Kindly let's hookup
Please I am interested in joining the study group. I live in Ajah.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (159) (Reply)

2013/2014 Obafemi Awolowo University ::ASPIRANTS:: / University Of Abuja 2017/2018 Admission Updates / 2017/2018 PTDF Scholarship Scheme (Overseas And Local)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.