Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? (19872 Views)

Tweet I Read Yesterday About Job Seekers, I Thought I Should Share. / My Funny Job Hunting Experience / What I Learnt From My Two Months Of Job Hunting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by bbdrown: 2:24pm On Aug 21, 2014
Job hunting in Nigeria is job itself. But so many things piss me off.
1- Waiting for almost eternity to get shortlisted for test, then another century to get results, which one may eventually get a regret mail...chai
2-Some HRs saying most Naija graduates are unemployable. I'm very sure they didnt do Dragnet and Workforce tests during their own time!
3-Guys who are already working, applying for jobs which they will later find out after passing d tests or interview, that they don't pay well compared to their current job. Thereby blocking d unemployed.
4-Some nairalanders asking questions abt a particular coy but unwilling to tell how they applied!
Drop yours, pls.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by bbdrown: 2:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
Oya ooo, make una comment o grin. I will still put more
*Banks employing you as a DSA with unrealistic targets, with those consulting firms being third parties, eg ICSL, SOL, VLA.NB: na DSA for degree holders, banking operations for OND/HND.
*GNLD guys showcasing their disguising talents on NAIRALAND. Them no fit catch me.
*you must have experience, 3-5. years. What happened to 0 year experience
*friends & family be asking u, "how is work" when they know u have none.
My eyes don see plenty. I need a job..somebody HELP cry

17 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
The test and all that interview stages pisses me off like kilode... I've skipped some test n did horribly at some....

8 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Lero15(m): 2:46pm On Aug 21, 2014
Hahaha...a situation where u share on nairaland that u got a regret mail and members be asking u "please what is the content of the mail?" Na birthday wishes dem put nah...mtcheeew. grin

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 21, 2014
Lero15: Hahaha...a situation where u share on nairaland that u got a regret mail and members be asking u "please what is the content of the mail?" Na birthday wishes dem put nah...mtcheeew. grin
grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by sholay2011(m): 3:43pm On Aug 21, 2014
Lero15: Hahaha...a situation where u share on nairaland that u got a regret mail and members be asking u "please what is the content of the mail?" Na birthday wishes dem put nah...mtcheeew. grin
Lol...crazy man.

@OP...You nailed it, especially your last point. You go see thread like 'Accenture Apititude Test' as thread title and the content go be like: "People that have been shortlisted for the Accenture Apititude test should meet/ discuss here'.

'Pls, how you take apply?', a curious moniker would ask.

And no one answers sad

14 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 21, 2014
1)Some companies conduct like 2 tests and 3 interviews just for a position without minding the inconveniences and costs on the part of the applicant.. angry

2) Not getting back to applicants after a test/interview. .#thesilenttreatment angry angry

3) having to travel down to Lag for almost all job tests/int.

4) Having to struggle to get a job at the cost of many things only to be given your offer letter with 15k as the salary grin grin grin

5) Having to wait at an interview hall for hours before the interviewers show up...

Will add more later. .There are just so many of them

20 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Lero15(m): 3:55pm On Aug 21, 2014
Lolz...funny but true nah
sholay2011:
Lol...crazy man.

@OP...You nailed it, especially your last point. You go see thread like 'Accenture Apititude Test' as thread title and the content go be like: "People that have been shortlisted for the Accenture Apititude test should meet/ discuss here'.

'Pls, how you take apply?', a curious moniker would ask.

And no one answers sad

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Lero15(m): 3:56pm On Aug 21, 2014
MarvellousGod: grin grin grin
madam, hw far? grin
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by HooxJnr(m): 3:57pm On Aug 21, 2014
After hustling to enter a company to see a hr to submit a hard copy Cv, the hr will direct you to drop your cv with the gateman.

34 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Lero15(m): 3:58pm On Aug 21, 2014
MarvellousGod: 1)Some companies conduct like 2 tests and 3 interviews just for a position without minding the inconveniences and costs on the part of the applicant.. angry

2) Not getting back to applicants after a test/interview. .#thesilenttreatment angry angry

4) Having to struggle to get a job at the cost of many things only to be given your offer letter with 15k as the salary grin grin grin

5) Having to wait at an interview hall for hours before the interviewers show up...

dat ur ph sef...no show

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 21, 2014
Lero15: dat ur ph sef...no show
Show no dey anywhere, even Lag... undecided undecided

Another is going for a job test only to reach and notice na GNLD grin grin grin

After an interview, the HR Personnel tells you you're going to hear from them next week, you wait no response then decide to call and they tell you sorry the position's been filled angry angry

11 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by DeanOlamide(m): 4:06pm On Aug 21, 2014
....... This man u don mad oooooo hahahahahhahahahahhaha........ Stupid question anyway.........

5 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by abdulslutsky(m): 4:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
bbdrown: Job hunting in Nigeria is job itself. But so many things piss me off.
1- Waiting for almost eternity to get shortlisted for test, then another century to get results, which one may eventually get a regret mail...chai
2-Some HRs saying most Naija graduates are unemployable. I'm very sure they didnt do Dragnet and Workforce tests during their own time!
3-Guys who are already working, applying for jobs which they will later find out after passing d tests or interview, that they don't pay well compared to their current job. Thereby blocking d unemployed.
4-Some nairalanders asking questions abt a particular coy but unwilling to tell how they applied!
Drop yours, pls.

Especially the 3rd point. Another is someone getting 2,3 offers only to be confused of which one to pick. Perhaps, it could be because of him/her the cut off was high.

5 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Lero15(m): 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2014
MarvellousGod: Show no dey anywhere, even Lag... undecided undecided

Another is going for a job test only to reach and notice na GNLD grin grin grin

After an interview, the HR Personnel tells you you're going to hear from them next week, you wait no response then decide to call and they tell you sorry the position's been filled angry angry
grin
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by bbdrown: 4:32pm On Aug 21, 2014
abdulslutsky:

Especially the 3rd point. Another is someone getting 2,3 offers only to be confused of which one to pick. Perhaps, it could be because of him/her the cut off was high.
na so jare bros.
Another one is KPMG! Yes! There is no second chance once u fail their test. And to think that most peeps already have them questions, verbatim, they are not ready to change their quaetns...too bad for a multinational coy. How I wish say dem dey see this!

3 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by bbdrown: 4:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
HooxJnr: After hustling to enter a company to see a hr to submit a hard copy Cv, the hr will direct you to drop your cv at the gate.
too bad...lol
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by bbdrown: 4:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
I see no reason why coys cannot conduct tests themselves...fmn, halli, etc...kudos jare.

1 Like

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Izontubo(m): 4:43pm On Aug 21, 2014
1..Hailing from a core niger delta community and being marginalized when it comes to recruitment...angry....

2...Writing dragnet exams and not getting to see results immediately to confirm if one really failed or not,then later sent a regret mail.(How am I sure I failed?)...angry...

5 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 21, 2014
1. Applying for a position and not knowing what happens to your application, no regret mail, nothing...

2. Receiving a regret mail after 5 years, when you can't even remember when you applied (General Electric and Schlumberger)

3. Ghost Recruitment process example GE.

26 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by bbdrown: 6:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
Izontubo: 1..Hailing from a core niger delta community and being marginalized when it comes to recruitment...angry....

2...Writing dragnet exams and not getting to see results immediately to confirm if one really failed or not,then later sent a regret mail.(How am I sure I failed?)...angry...
I remember a Saro test my friend did. It was cbt. The cut-off mark was pre-set. Results came out immediately after the test. Way to go...

2 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by bbdrown: 6:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
Three7Ty9: 1. Applying for a position and not knowing what happens to your application, no regret mail, nothing...

2. Receiving a regret mail after 5 years, when you can't even remember when you applied (General Electric and Schlumberger)

mehn, those GE guys...Maybe it's Ghost Employment (GE) they are doing. grin

11 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by cc150615(f): 6:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
MarvellousGod: 1)Some companies conduct like 2 tests and 3 interviews just for a position without minding the inconveniences and costs on the part of the applicant.. angry

babe you're so on point with that first point, 1 test nd 1 interview is just ok.
another point is not being re imbursed t fare for an interview
nd this last point There's Nothing more annoying than it, you pass a test then pass interview but keep swimming in a talent pool expecting to be called anytime to resume nd they're just calling ppl at random for offers, nd you're swimming for 3 months or over ,you can't know how it feels if you've not been there before.

9 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by bbdrown: 6:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
cc150615:
babe you're so on point with that first point, 1 test nd 1 interview is just ok.
nd this last point There's Nothing more annoying than it, you pass a test then pass interview but keep swimming in a talent pool expecting to be called anytime to resume nd they're just calling ppl at random for offers, nd you're swimming for 3 months or over ,you can't know how it feels if you've not been there before.
hmm...Halliburton, oya ooo.
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 21, 2014
Three7Ty9: 1. Applying for a position and not knowing what happens to your application, no regret mail, nothing...

SLB been trying now, they send regret mail within a year, as for GE, theirs is inexplainable
Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Lewinskee: 6:33pm On Aug 21, 2014
People bragging that they already have a job, that they just applied for applying sake yet they're always on nairaland job section from morning till night looking for job. grin

24 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Fabulousmii(f): 6:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
cc150615:

Ur last point hits it, Unity bank did me same thing... Its very frustrating, u wouldn't want to knw any1 in dis boat ooo... Dairis God oooo

3 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by ABEngine(m): 6:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
1. Friends never mention when the applications were ongoing but will waste no time to publish their locations if you wish to gate crash.
2. Having to suffer the collective fate of being amongst a wrong group during a group interview session.
3. Delaying candidates the entire day, subjecting the to physical and psychological stresses yet expect optimal performance NLNG & NNPC
4. Stampede
5. Job portals making our emails available for SEO marketers and spam mailers at a fee
6. Publishing already filled vacancies for the sake of due process
7. Redundant email links or dead career portals on most companies webpage
8. For the mushroom-like firms with big pay, the gate man doubles as the personnel recruiting officer, if you don't dance to his tune please check the bin
9. Girls run from you like a plague, don't even let em spot your bent heel
10. For indigenous oil companies and few others, its ladies first. Keep that weight appropriately it might just land you the next big job
11. I suffer shaa those years, trying to listen to my lady's heart but she kept paying attention to my purse. Then one day, She left and I paid more attention to the hunt #InAkimbo#

It was fun after all, stories must be told. Be diligent, remain steadfast in prayer and be informed. #ThatsAll

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by cc150615(f): 7:20pm On Aug 21, 2014
Lewinskee: People bragging that they already have a job, that they just applied for applying sake yet they're always on nairaland job section from morning till night looking for job. grin
that got me lmao, I know some ppl like that! lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by Lero15(m): 7:31pm On Aug 21, 2014
ABEngine: 1. Friends never mention when the applications were ongoing but will waste no time to publish their locations if you wish to gate crash.
2. Having to suffer the collective fate of being amongst a wrong group during a group interview session.
3. Delaying candidates the entire day, subjecting the to physical and psychological stresses yet expect optimal performance NLNG & NNPC
4. Stampede
5. Job portals making our emails available for SEO marketers and spam mailers at a fee
8. For the mushroom-like firms with big pay, the gate man doubles as the personnel recruiting officer, if you don't dance to his tune please check the bin
10. For indigenous oil companies and few others, its ladies first. Keep that weight appropriately it might just land you the next big job
11. I suffer shaa those years, trying to listen to my lady's heart but she kept paying attention to my purse. Then one day, She left and I paid more attention to the hunt #InAkimbo#

It was fun after all, stories must be told. Be diligent, remain steadfast in prayer and be informed. #ThatsAll
wow...inspirational

4 Likes

Re: Things That Annoy You About Job Hunting? by MissJennifer(f): 10:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
ABEngine: 1. Friends never mention when the applications were ongoing but will waste no time to publish their locations if you wish to gate crash.
4. Stampede
11. I suffer shaa those years, trying to listen to my lady's heart but she kept paying attention to my purse. Then one day, She left and I paid

more attention to the hunt #InAkimbo#

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kogi State Teaching Service Commision (TSC) Recruiting / Constables Recruitment: IG Releases List Of Successful Candidates / Recruitment By Polytechnic Ile Ife, Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.