Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain (9127 Views)

The Bad State Of Murtala Muhammed International Airport / Akanu Ibiam International Airport Flooded (Pictures) / Photo Of The Day: 21st Century Akanu Ibiam Airport Enugu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by DahtDopeBoi(m): 6:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
Sometimes it seems like dis country have been programmed to be governed in the wrong way
Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by atlwireles: 6:09pm On Aug 21, 2014
oyb:

nigerians dont panic, airport flooding happens everywhere, it is just nigeria's turn

So?

1 Like

Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by Unemadu: 6:10pm On Aug 21, 2014
atlwireles: Like always in Nigeria fools will always be fools, and most will remain fools. Some of you probably never saw a flooded airport before.

Airport in Milwaukee, Airport in Chennai and New Dehlli international airport. Flooded by rain.

1 Like

Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by UrbanMystique: 6:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
oyb:

angry angry angry angry

you beat me to it
grin grin grin
Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by Unemadu: 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Nwokem, shut up!

Enugu airport since renovations were completed has witnessed at least two rainy seasons! That it didn't flood last year should tell you that either Enugu witnessed extra heavy rains this year (that overwhelmed the existing drainage system), or recent/ongoing developments and construction works in and around the airport area have blocked the normal flow of rain water!

Get a life!

1 Like

Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by Goddex: 6:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
[size=18pt]Where is the evidence that this picture is Akanu Ibiam International Airport?

The janjaweeeds can be quite mischievous, you know.[/size]

6 Likes

Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:22pm On Aug 21, 2014
atlwireles:

Egun man, don't worry me, go and look for Chino
Why can't you address the issue, but attack my personality, Odorubu boy? I remain Yoritsekiri (Yoruba+Itsekiri).
Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by atlwireles: 7:25pm On Aug 21, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
Why can't you address the issue, but attack my personality, Odorubu boy? I remain Yoritsekiri (Yoruba+Itsekiri).

You never raise any issue worth addressing. Your sole purpose here is to insult people's tribes, with your 200 monikers.
Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
obiajuru01: its very bad quite alright, but you are putting political sentiment into it.
If blaming Jonathan is what you call political sentiment, you may go about chorusing it. I don't care. For crying out loud, this airport was recently "remodelled", and all you could want to make us believe is that nobody should be blamed.
Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:30pm On Aug 21, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^Nwokem, shut up!

Enugu airport since renovations were completed has witnessed at least two rainy seasons! That it didn't flood last year should tell you that either Enugu witnessed extra heavy rains this year (that overwhelmed the existing drainage system), or recent/ongoing developments and construction works in and around the airport area have blocked the normal flow of rain water!

Get a life!
Keep deceiving yourself. Very soon o ge me gi voom n'anya.
Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by obiajuru01: 7:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
If blaming Jonathan is what you call political sentiment, you may go about chorusing it. I don't care. For crying out loud, this airport was recently "remodelled", and all you could want to make us believe is that nobody should be blamed.
am not endorsing this eyesore, but you should face the system of government and don't single-out jonathan. And your comment smell of sentiments. Its possible jonathan approved funds for the contract and it wasn't channelled effective, we should blame our system of government, don't bring in the normal jonathan, APC and PDP fray.
Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by blacksta(m): 7:38pm On Aug 21, 2014
it is not flooding that really bothers me... It is fact that passengers had to wade through the flood. it clearly confirms that most Nigerian airports are glorified runways.
Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by Ifyjemila(f): 7:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
Incredible.
Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by EasternLeopard: 7:52pm On Aug 21, 2014
vicadex07:

But its fake na. Chinko airport. They just use the project to siphon money. Typical of the jonathan administration.

GEJ's chinko is better than OBJ Buhari Shagari etc marginalization out of ethno-religious pure hatred

Do you also hate Igbos with passion
Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by OrlandoOwoh(m): 7:54pm On Aug 21, 2014
obiajuru01: am not endorsing this eyesore, but you should face the system of government and don't single-out jonathan. And your comment smell of sentiments. Its possible jonathan approved funds for the contract and it wasn't channelled effective, we should blame our system of government, don't bring in the normal jonathan, APC and PDP fray.
I don't know why you're hovering around my posts today.
If Jonathan can be given credit for his "success", he should in like manner be blamed for every failure of his. My friend, what you're trying to make us believe is that nobody should be blamed for this and those of Yola and Ikeja. Do you know billions were spent here in the name of remodeling?

2 Likes

Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by vicadex07(m): 8:02pm On Aug 21, 2014
EasternLeopard:

GEJ's chinko is better than OBJ Buhari Shagari etc marginalization out of ethno-religious pure hatred

Do you also hate Igbos with passion

Hate igbos ke. I love them...especially their ladies. Most of my friends offline are Igbos but online, they seem to always assume a different kind of character that is strange to me.
Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by obiajuru01: 8:05pm On Aug 21, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
If Jonathan can be given credit for his "success", he should in like manner be blamed for every failure of his. My friend, what you're trying to make us believe is that nobody should be blamed for this and those of Yola and Ikeja. Do you know billions were spent here in the name of remodeling?
yap, I know, the govt should be blamed for that, I was only against you sounding like a partisan of an opposition party, hit the nail on the head and stop scrutinizing like a power starved politician.
Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by hercules07: 8:26pm On Aug 21, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:

According to some people flooding happens everywhere, what volume of rain did we have the caused this, ,come and see better airports with snow and heavy rains with no flooding, the Oduah woman just spent money on cosmetics and not on real infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 21, 2014
jigawatts: Hello,
I am not here to spite anyone or tribe, I just feel its ABNORMAL, After just few months of the TRANSFORMATION in the AVIATION INDUSTRY, especially ENUGU that is INTERNATIONAL.

Sad sha

Where is the link to the story?

1 Like

Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 21, 2014
Goddex: [size=18pt]Where is the evidence that this picture is Akanu Ibiam International Airport?

The janjaweeeds can be quite mischievous, you know.[/size]

Exactly
It might as well be MM2
It could be anywhere

2 Likes

Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by igboitalo: 8:34pm On Aug 21, 2014
babyosisi:
Exactly
It might as well be MM2
It could be anywhere
This not enugu airport , it's yola airport, go to google image u will see the difference between AIIA and airport in the picture
Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by ElFenomeno1: 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2014
This is absolutely embarrassing and disgraceful.
Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 21, 2014
igboitalo: This not enugu airport , it's yola airport, go to google image u will see the difference between AIIA and airport in the picture

And Seun is out there asking how to stop tribalism
How can a thread exist without any links and the poster labels it whatever pleases him?

1 Like

Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2014
babyosisi:

How can a thread exist without any links and the poster labels it whatever pleases him?

It is on bellanaija.
Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 21, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1867996/recently-renovated-enugu-airport-flooded#25665887

http://www.bellanaija.com/2014/08/21/recently-renovated-enugu-airport-flooded-photos/

Instead of shaking your heads at the rubbish work done by your kinswoman, you are whining tribalism.pathetic.

The project is not even six months done. This is ms oduahs true legacy . Work as cosmetic as the pancake on her face

1 Like

Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 21, 2014
There is no need for us to lie to ourselves .We have several airports in Nigeria where we have the same rain as Enugu. Has any of them ever been flooded like this . Even for one day? All those Delhi and La Guardia are not relevant. Even when we had the worst flood in our National history last year or so Abuja airport did not flood PHC dey kampe. Lagos dey gidigba. Delta no shaking Benin nko. Abeg make we hear word.

3 Likes

Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 21, 2014
babyosisi:

What does that have to do with tribalism ? That seem to me a question of veracity and truth what does that have to do with gender or sexual orientation or tribal marks

2 Likes

Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2014
this is uk, thailand and mexico in 2013

1 Like

Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 21, 2014
oyb:

It is on bellanaija.

Can you post a link to the source,that is all I asked
Anyone can post pictures and call it anything
This is what Bella naija says below

Today Thursday 21st August 2014, photos have emerged online, showing the recently renovated Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, flooded.

Passengers can be seen carrying their luggage on their heads as they make their way through the flooded area.

So they could have copied it from nairaland
Where is the source identifying it as Akanu Ibiam airport?

1 Like

Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 21, 2014
babyosisi:

Can you post a link to the source,that is all I asked
Anyone can post pictures and call it anything
This is what Bella naija says below

So they could have copied it from nairaland
Where is the source identifying it as Akanu Ibiam airport?

Osisi and denial. The story will soon break properly. Then you can post pics of flooded us airports.

1 Like

Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by HappyJoe: 11:11pm On Aug 21, 2014
So incontrovertible facts.

1. The Enugu airport is flooded in August 2014.
2. It wasn't flooded in August 2013 when the first international flight took off from Enugu
3. The cause of the flooding is yet to be established
4. Stella Oduah was removed as aviation minister early this year. Dr. Samuel Ortom has been minister for several months - apparently he had no responsibilities, Stella is the cause of all our problems.
5. Four international flights take off weekly from Enugu. For that Ndigbo will be eternally grateful to Stella Oduah.
6. Yes, most of what Stella built was crap, but her intentions were good - not like the average Northern or South Western leader who had from 1970 - 2010 (forty years) to do something tangible about the Enugu airport (crap or not) yet deliberately refused to; in order to enforce an economic blockade of the Southeast.
7. I notice the glee with which our Hausa & Yoruba friends pass bad news about the 2nd Niger Bridge & Enugu airport. Yes, people complain about compensation for the 2nd Niger Bridge - because govt is serious about doing that. Ask your Buhari whether he bothered to do the 2nd Niger Bridge either as Head of State or PTF chairman.
8. You can eat your hearts out - we aren't going to vote for your party. You have nothing to offer us except barely disguised contempt.
9. A flooded runway is an embarrassment - but it isn't major in the scheme of things; you can now fly out from Enugu to anywhere in Nigeria. That is what Gowon, Murtala, Obasanjo, Shagari, Buhari, Babangida, Abacha, Abdulsalami & Obasanjo again worked very hard to prevent - but thank God for Goodluck Jonathan - we can fly out from Enugu to anywhere. Osita Chidoka will handle the flooding.
10. When KLM starts flying out of Enugu - please dig a grave and bury yourselves in it.

2 Likes

Re: THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain by deathTOyorubas: 11:15pm On Aug 21, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
grin

GO AND DIE

Bastard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Best 5 Asian Countries!!! / Accra Aerial / Jamaica.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.