Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,946 members, 7,814,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians (14472 Views)

Poll: Nigeria, Ghana: which country is better at football?

Ghana: 26% (13 votes)
Nigeria: 74% (37 votes)
This poll has ended

Letter To Ghanaians After Nigeria Beat Them 6:1. / Nigerians & Ghanaians Fight On Twitter After Olympics Basketball Loss / Bidding War Between Nigerians And South Africans For Newcastle United Fc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by salamander(m): 10:24am On Oct 27, 2008
@
shotster50:

Etisei to cyril3333 and salamander , You guys craaa what are you doing on NL.

Masa ask again ooo, na our konkonsa brought us here. But the truth is I really like it here. This is not my regular thread. I'm with the Satellite thread. I find the subject interesting hence my contribution.

@all
I think people have deviated entirely from the topic.
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by slyk2(m): 12:56pm On Oct 27, 2008
so?
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by initiator(m): 4:54pm On Oct 27, 2008
I remember when i was in secondary school, i had a friend whose mum is ghanian, who would argue with all his veins about how ghana is better than Nigeria and i'd be like what

Its a "my dick is longer than yours argument" which most Ghanians like to engage it but i must admit that Ghanians have a strong nationalistic sentiment which is good but they should stop masturbating with Nigeria's flag lol
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by MP007(m): 8:24pm On Oct 27, 2008
let the players do their thing on the field, sick and tired of all these crapp, naija people get better things to yarn about than soccer,  i guess folks on ghanaweb only know about sports,  its a broad forum here and i think everybody got a right to discuss different issues and not just fuking soccer, dumb asx ghanians
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by Andala: 3:39am On Oct 28, 2008
Ga ba or ga ka anyi na grin or whatever they call themselves should shut up because they know they are nowhere in history,If any ghanian comes to the u.s. or any other country they would have to change their country name before they can get a job because their country is disgraceful.
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:23am On Oct 28, 2008
Who is the one bagga that chose Ghana, they should identifly themself promptly
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 28, 2008
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by lollyefisi: 2:14pm On Oct 28, 2008
Ghana must go !!!
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by maryray(f): 1:15am On Oct 29, 2008
Lol everyone here is amusing, but d funny thing is even d Essien that Ghanians r so proud of is half Nigerian, the name Essien comes from d Akwa Ibom/Calabar region. Seriously i love Nigeria, n don't want to insult our sis Ghana, so 4r d first time in my life i'm going to be peaceful! shocked.

Hey Ghanaians, seriously though u really shld be greatful to Nigerians, because we've helped u a lot in most things, even d sports u r so proud of. ur best player that's helping u win, is 9gerian!, as eye said, Essien is a half Akwa Ibom Calabar man!, , lmao.

My fellow Nigerians, as long as Ghanaians don't respond negatively, lets stop this feud (hmm, can't even believe IIIII said that!), but yeah let sleeping dogs lie!

love ya all
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by mwanamwiwa: 1:35am On Oct 29, 2008
no beef but both ur countries suck in sports so stop insulting each other cry
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by cyril3333: 9:10am On Oct 29, 2008
LOL, omg nigerians are self obsessed. hahahaha, Essien is Half Nigerian, You must be out of your mind. That is the funniest thing i've heard all year. hahahaha

The name Essien is a pure pure Fante name. From the Coast of Ghana. It is wildly common. Do you even know what it means?, LOL, this is pure jokes. b t w, unlike you guys we don't idolise individual players. We love Essien, just as much as we love Appiah, Muntari, and all the black star players. Infact, the most popular black stars player in ghana now is Junior Agogo. Why don't you claim he's nigerian too. maybe it's the name of a town in nigeria?, lololol

What exactly have you done to help us?, More than we've done to help you?, Go and ask your elders who know. When the western governments refuse to deal with Abacha, do you know who went to intercede for him?, Do you know your government was recently in Ghana to beg us to export a little electricity to u people?, Do you know your government wants ghana to establish another nuclear plant (we're already building one for ourselves) to supply power solely to nigeria because America doesn't trust you people to sell you enriched uranium?,
Do you know what will happen to your national security if we decide to close our oil refineries to nigeria?, there will be chaos. already you people queue for fuel everyday.

Now keep in mind,  none of this is for free. We're charging you for everything. Same way nigeria charges ghana for everything if we ever need something from you. When we need oil from nigeria, we buy it. it's not for free.Plus we don't buy the oil from you, we buy it from the multanational companies who drill it. This is the world of international business. Nobody is doing anybody a favor. Can you name one thing which nigeria has given to ghana for free?, nothing.

Somebody even said the ghanaian passport is useless. This coming from a nigerian?, lol, there's a lot of comedy on this site. Look, the nigerian passport is second only to Somalia in terms of insignificance. Ask ur brothers in europe and america how many of them are now travelling with ghanaian passports.

Even the oil you people are always bragging about, now we've found ours. In huge commerical quantities. Estimated 3rd in Africa.  Yes, in addition to our already strong diversified economy. Drilling is already underway. So in 2 years we will no longer need to import oil.  And we only have 30 million people to support with the huge oil revenues.  So while you guys are sitting there singing your own praises, we are fast moving towards middle income status.

The point is if you've lived in the first world, then you know both countries are shiite anyway. We both have a long to go, but we are moving forward while it seem nigerians are more content with bickering among themselves (south against north) and singing their own praises. Don't worry, we'll not forget our little neighbourhood friends when we become a superpower.lol.

Consider this my last contribution on this topic. It's pointless. We should be looking to strengthen our ties together. Not this useless cock fight about who's better. (because we all know that's ghana, lol). We have very similar cultures. Similar foods. Similar traditions. We are the only two significant Anglophone countries in West Africa (no offense to Liberia and Sierra Leone) Everytime i meet a nigerian outside ghana, i'm happy to see them. Infact, my girlfriend of two years in nigerian, and that's how i got here (she made nairaland our homepage, lol)

Truce anyone?
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 29, 2008
Essien is not a Nigerian pls. But Muntari grew up in Kano, read one of his parents (father or mother,not sure) is a Nigerian.
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 29, 2008
To buttress the fact that Ghanaweb is more current than Nairaland sports on Nigerian football, I first learnt that Nigerian govt is making u-turn on their U-17 WC decision on GW.
http://discussions.ghanaweb.com/viewtopic.php?t=92600

Like I've said earlier I get latest on Nigerian football on GW, far before it is brought up here. This is one of the main reasons I visit GW-to get the latest on Nigerian football/players!!!
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by ikeyman00(m): 11:57am On Oct 29, 2008
kwasia!
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by mwanamwiwa: 5:22pm On Oct 29, 2008
Big up to Ghana, nigerians compare urselves to South africa and Egypt not to Ghana angry
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by lollyefisi: 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2008
mwanamwiwa:

Big up to Ghana, nigerians compare urselves to South africa and Egypt not to Ghana angry

I totally agree with u! Ghana is too insignificant for us to compare our great Nigeria to.
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by mwanamwiwa: 7:44pm On Oct 29, 2008
i meant its a shame nigeria competes with ghana! angry
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 29, 2008
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by dayokanu(m): 5:38am On Oct 30, 2008
@ All,

I would like anyone to put forth an articulate argument on why Nigeria is better than Ghana in Football
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by mwanamwiwa: 9:58am On Oct 30, 2008
or why nigeria is better than any other country, consider their huge pool of pop,their gdp and resources
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by dayokanu(m): 1:33pm On Oct 30, 2008
I dont know what POP and GDP has got to do with football
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by princekevo(m): 7:33pm On Oct 30, 2008
cyril3333:

LOL, omg nigerians are self obsessed. hahahaha, Essien is Half Nigerian, You must be out of your mind. That is the funniest thing i've heard all year. hahahaha

The name Essien is a pure pure Fante name. From the Coast of Ghana. It is wildly common. Do you even know what it means?, LOL, this is pure jokes. b t w, unlike you guys we don't idolise individual players. We love Essien, just as much as we love Appiah, Muntari, and all the black star players. Infact, the most popular black stars player in ghana now is Junior Agogo. Why don't you claim he's nigerian too. maybe it's the name of a town in nigeria?, lololol

What exactly have you done to help us?, More than we've done to help you?, Go and ask your elders who know. When the western governments refuse to deal with Abacha, do you know who went to intercede for him?, Do you know your government was recently in Ghana to beg us to export a little electricity to u people?, Do you know your government wants ghana to establish another nuclear plant (we're already building one for ourselves) to supply power solely to nigeria because America doesn't trust you people to sell you enriched uranium?,
Do you know what will happen to your national security if we decide to close our oil refineries to nigeria?, there will be chaos. already you people queue for fuel everyday.

Now keep in mind, none of this is for free. We're charging you for everything. Same way nigeria charges ghana for everything if we ever need something from you. When we need oil from nigeria, we buy it. it's not for free.Plus we don't buy the oil from you, we buy it from the multanational companies who drill it. This is the world of international business. Nobody is doing anybody a favor. Can you name one thing which nigeria has given to ghana for free?, nothing.

Somebody even said the ghanaian passport is useless. This coming from a nigerian?, lol, there's a lot of comedy on this site. Look, the nigerian passport is second only to Somalia in terms of insignificance. Ask ur brothers in europe and america how many of them are now travelling with ghanaian passports.

Even the oil you people are always bragging about, now we've found ours. In huge commerical quantities. Estimated 3rd in Africa. Yes, in addition to our already strong diversified economy. Drilling is already underway. So in 2 years we will no longer need to import oil. And we only have 30 million people to support with the huge oil revenues. So while you guys are sitting there singing your own praises, we are fast moving towards middle income status.

The point is if you've lived in the first world, then you know both countries are shiite anyway. We both have a long to go, but we are moving forward while it seem nigerians are more content with bickering among themselves (south against north) and singing their own praises. Don't worry, we'll not forget our little neighbourhood friends when we become a superpower.lol.

Consider this my last contribution on this topic. It's pointless. We should be looking to strengthen our ties together. Not this useless cock fight about who's better. (because we all know that's ghana, lol). We have very similar cultures. Similar foods. Similar traditions. We are the only two significant Anglophone countries in West Africa (no offense to Liberia and Sierra Leone) Everytime i meet a nigerian outside ghana, i'm happy to see them. Infact, my girlfriend of two years in nigerian, and that's how i got here (she made nairaland our homepage, lol)

Truce anyone?

Actually i dont blame you for coming here and say all these rubbish abt Nigeria with your fake history.I Blame the nigerian government, coz Ghana dosnt have 1/3 of Nigerian resources to start with.If being utilised well people like you should be running to Nigeria as refugees from ghana. You better go back to ur history or ask you father to tell where they fled to when hunger was the order of the day in ghana.When Ghanains where queing for food(Kenke) in the street of Ghana.Ask most of them that fled and worked in Nigeria then.A ghanaian who teached in Nigeria as at that time told me freely that working in Nigeria then was like working in the US.Despite the economic crisis in Ghana then he was able to buy a land in Accra and built his own home.All his families were living fine in Nigeria,until they were asked to go from Nigerian.
Thank God for my man J.J Rawlins who sacrifies himself to save u guys from that situaton now u have the mouth to come here and start talking shits abt Nigeria.
You are talking abt Nigerians using Ghana passport, Pls sir u can ask ur elders i believe they will the truth that they were the once that distroyed Nigerian passport.I could count many Ghanian elders for you whom their first travel ourside the continent was with Nigerian passport until they distroyed the image.
Well like i said b4 i dont blame you.
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by Dend(m): 11:20pm On Oct 30, 2008
See this Ghanians sha, lol. like they've got a better place than Nigeria, the only think I like, I say it again, the only thing I like and enjoyed there was the electricity, It's like 4month ago, I flew there by Arik Airline.
Even their capital city accra and their government reserved area in Osu can never be compared to my ordinary Surulere local government in Lagos.

Ghana my foot.

It's shit to talk about that shity country mayne, They are POOR. talk about their food? it's POISON, perhaps the best cook around couldnt cook well? LMFAO

I like the place though, but it's rediculous when your trying to compare it to GREAT NIGERIA. Even they themself knows. they feel inferior anytime they see of hear of a Nigerian around, hahaha, even everywhere I go, it's Nigerian films and music, I swear, they dont watch or listen to anything rather than Nigerian sturfs(Yoruba hiphop self) even when you go to their clubs, it Nigerian music, their BEST DJ's self- NIGERIAN MUSIC. it like when they see a NIGERIAN, they see a YANKEE returnee grin .
You cant hide from the TRUTH my Ghanians bro and sis.

No hating.
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by mwanamwiwa: 1:34am On Oct 31, 2008
Africans do not feel inferior to nigerians angry, nigerians feel superior while the rest of us laugh behind ur backs.too much pride."GREAT NIGERIA" is the only country in sub saharan africa with polio.POP and GDP have to with soccer in that "GREAT NIGERIA"with her immense resources and huge pool of talent,they are competing with GHANA instead of south africa or egypt or even spain, werent u guys the same level with spain and korea in terms of infrastracture and economy in the 70s? embarassed
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by maryray(f): 8:14am On Oct 31, 2008
[b]@ D.end, tnk ya but ya shld have travelled around. Apart from Accra d other parts r like real Villages with no clean water, n limited electricity. Even d hotel was worst than a Nigerian motel!. I mean u all know Enugu right?, the other parts of Ghana can't even compete with common Enugu!, n their older folks r mostly not educated. don't let Accra fool u, don't forget d capital of a country doesnt usually tell u much about other areas! shocked. Ghana can definitely not compete with Nigeria, n if they don't change, even if they end up with xtra income from oil, their ego n aptitude towards copying others actions, n wasting their time on hating others, will make their country even worst off!.

@ cyril333, was trying 2 b civilized, but try not to insult other Africans. can't see how Liberia n Sierra Leone is insignificant but ya Ghana is not! lipsrsealed. Trust me even Ivory Coast is def better than Ghana, its just that ya guys r ignorant! of other places in Africa. Check d pics below for a glimpse of Ivory Coast. Welcome to d real world, n get over yourself, don't u love their Plateau, d 2nd pic?, lmao.

mwanamwiwa:

or why nigeria is better than any other country, consider their huge pool of pop,their gdp and resources

U r too insignificant to bother with!, U r an illiterate with a bush name. I didn't want to go down this dirt road but u asked for it. Ciao guys wish me good luck in my midterm, gotta go b4r i say worst things, lol!

[/b]

Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by mwanamwiwa: 5:20pm On Oct 31, 2008
idiot in denial!show us pics of lagos or "ABUJA"AND NOT ABIDJAN, OF COURSE ABIDJAN HAS THE BEST INFRASTURE IN THE WEST OF AFRICA, who doesnt know that?
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by maryray(f): 6:35pm On Oct 31, 2008
Okay bushman wiwa i want u to show us d bush pics of at least 5 diff cities in ur bush, lol!. I don't need to tell u that Nigeria is d best in Africa but for d sake of others here, i'll oblige ur stupidity!, sit back, relax, n check out Nigeria!.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/lemeridien/property/photos/index.html?propertyID=1936#photo_section_0Link

Thats Uyo in Akwa Ibom State, one of d smallest states in Nigeria, but its ok, we know even that state is better than ur capital, lol!.

http://www.bnoack.com/photopages/abuja/

Thats our new Capital, its ok i didnt ask u to compare ur bush country with it, lol!

Even our former President Abacha's house is better than ur enrire country, lol this is amusing. Check out other sceneries, i've added our poor areas to give u a sense of belonging grin.

Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by maryray(f): 6:43pm On Oct 31, 2008
As someone already said earlier, u already know that 9ja is better than all ur countries, n as typical Africans, u r coming here to insult us 2 make urself feel better, while continuing to delude urseld. And some people say ignorance is not a disease.

My fellow Nigerians know we r, everything, including d Lion of Africa! shocked grin smiley wink.

Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by maryray(f): 6:45pm On Oct 31, 2008
grin
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by Sammy107d(m): 6:55pm On Oct 31, 2008
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by Sammy107d(m): 6:58pm On Oct 31, 2008
the pics u posted r decades old.
thats lagos, abuja, calabar, i think otta from 2005.
i just got tired. visit nigeria @ skyscrapercity.com
Re: Football: Between Nigerians And Ghanaians by maryray(f): 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2008
Sammy you too much, in short thrillions of Gbosas for ya, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Lets see waht d village man has to show. Bush wiwa, we understand if u suddenly fall sick n can't come online wink, lol grin.

I'd better go study 4r exams, b4r my mum kills me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okagbare Faces Stiff Test For 100m C'wealth GOLD, Asumnu Is A Possible Finalist! / Brazilian Legend Pele Back In Hospital Due To Colon Tumour / England Players Training Ahead Of Croatia Match (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.