Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,995 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:29 PM

Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) - Business (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) (124464 Views)

15 Businesses You Can Start On Campus That You Don't Know About / Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger? / Profitable Businesses You Can Start With Little Capital. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by AdejorLawrence(m): 9:42am On Oct 13, 2015
Well done sir. Keep it coming.
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by helpfromGod: 3:00pm On Oct 13, 2015
[quote author=dadojo post=38372009][/quote] sundayodeniyi75@gmail.com
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 14, 2015
AdejorLawrence:
Well done sir. Keep it coming.

Sorry there has been no update. Will update later today.
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by Nobody: 3:45pm On Oct 14, 2015
contd...

I eventually got prepared for our meeting! It was a bright morning, with so much enthusiasm in the air. I was determined to make a good first impression because this meeting for me was the first of its kind. I took a last minute peep at my note to refresh my memory on the answers to some questions that might be asked me. The meeting was scheduled for 10:00am, by 9:50am I was in the school premises. I found my way to her office and was well within schedule at 9:55am. She was impressed at my punctuality when I knocked at her door and stepped into her office. I was asked to spare some time so she could finish up with what she was doing (obviously, I was too early!).

Let me digress a bit

This got me thinking about the stories I read from Germans and individuals who had businesses in Germany. In Germany, you dare not come late for a meeting! If by error of judgement you arrive one minute behind schedule, you'll be so frowned at that the next few minutes will be spent in addressing your lateness. Do this twice and you could potentially loose a business deal worth millions or billions... literally! (They are that conscious about time) You dare not, I repeat, dare not arrive one minute late for a business meeting! They see anyone who does not keep to time as not been trustworthy, or that you feel you are so important, that others just have to wait for your arrival before a meeting can begin (That may work in Nigeria, but definitely not in Germany).

Meanwhile, in Nigeria if you arrive too early for a meeting, you'll be considered as "jobless" (because those who have work to do 'should' come late).

If you arrive too early for a meeting in Nigeria, your host might ask you to "feel free" and enjoy yourself while you await the arrival of others.

If you arrive too early for a meeting in Nigeria, the host apologises in advance on behalf of those who are not yet present and re-schedules the meeting time to give room for late comers.

I then reminded myself that "This is Nigeria!" But it doesn't necessarily have to be so. Our attitude to time needs to change.

Keeping to time at all times tends to build trust for us in people's mind unknowingly.

"Punctuality builds trust"

This was a subtle principle which I employed, and it got our meeting started on a good note.

The irony however is that, after spending over an hour in her office, I was asked not to bother write a proposal anymore.

Details in my next post
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by Nobody: 10:35am On Oct 16, 2015
contd

After what seemed like eternity, she finally finished with what she was doing and her attention was shifted to me.

"Young Man, we would like to develop an e-journal to compliment the print edition of our journal; and I learnt you design websites." Those where her first words.

I responded in the affirmative, and asked why she needed an e-journal designed for her, seeing that the Journal already has a print edition.

I had made up my mind that I wasn't going to let myself feel intimidated nor look intimidated. I was determined to make a good impression on this woman. I was gonna ask questions, I was gonna take notes, I actually brought out a pen and was noting some points. This was however, to help me write a good proposal but it ended up making a much greater impact on the vibes I was passing accross.

She said it was true the journal had a print edition but submissions have been declining for some time now and they (actually the Journal has a network of editors) suspect it is because there is no online version. Authors are tending towards journals that publish their articles online, hence the decision to get an online version.

I noded my head after she had finished and told her that was a very intelligent decision she had made. It definitely will do a lot of good for them, if they upgraded to an e-version.
Her next question was:"since you are the I.T expert, how can we achieve this?"

This question was like a trigger to the wealth of knowledge I had. Just like cold is a trigger to asthma (yeah, I once suffered from asthma; But God healed me).

I did the talking for the next 50mins, all she did was nod, smile, look at me with amazement and continue to listen...

After she could not handle it anymore, she interrupted and asked "how did you know all these things?"

details in my next post
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by talktohaywhy(m): 10:38am On Oct 16, 2015
You could also start importing cheap things with as low as #5,000 and make huge profits.
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by brownmang(m): 6:11pm On Oct 16, 2015
I want the manual too. Brownmang2013@gmail.com
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by gbolakpine(m): 10:16am On Oct 17, 2015
dadojo:
I know some folks might be saying "well, I don't have money to startup these businesses". Actually, you maybe right and at the same time wrong. You need money to start up a business sure! But you can start up a business using other people's money as well (OPM). I have organised a seminar in a polytechnic that fetched me close to 400k without spending a dime. If I mention the school, some people might know when. All I did was to present my seminar materials and what I had to offer to the school SUG body. They took over from there seeing I had something to offer and did the publicity in my behalf, got a hall for me, provided the sound system and other logistics. I simply came with my crew and we did the talking and demostration. At the end of the day, students paid for the seminar materials, the SUG got their commission, and I went smiling to the bank. You too can start from there.

Please send me the material... princetunde17@gmail.com
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 20, 2015
Contd
You know that saying that goes: "you are what you eat?" It's also applicable in your career.

"You are what you read." literally! What she did not know was that I had read over 30 books on business, auto-biographies and personal development prior to meeting her; I spend a minimum of 3hrs daily on my PC (Note:MINIMUM), not watching movies, but learning, practising, designing, reading.

There are millions of computer applications out there, so when I see people bragging about their computer skills only to find out that all the expertise they have is on Microsoft word or Corel draw or excel, I laugh. Mehnn, wake up! According to one advert I saw on here: "If you are a graduate, have a laptop and still broke, you need serious psychological examination."

Everyone wants a white collar job, but who creates the job? Angels? How I wish the average Nigerian youth will have a change of mentality! Look beyond their limitations! Take their destiny in their hands and DECIDE to succeed.

Yes, Success is a decision. It does not happen by chance.
I decided to prepare for that meeting.
I decided to take a pen along.
I decided I was gonna make a good first impression.

Thats not all,

I have decided I'm gonna ride on my private jet in my lifetime.
I have decided to learn a programming language.
I decided to spend an average of 7hrs in front of my PC since the last 3 month.
I decided to watch over 50hrs of videos on web development and programming (Mind you, it is not entertaining oo, programming is probably the most boring activity to me, but I have Decided.)
I decided to download over 15gb of videos on tutorials in different range of topics including photoshop, django, bootstrap.

Friends decide, and do so NOW!
I decided not to be in any relationship till I'm ready to settle down (I'm 26!)
I decided I was gonna strive to be relevant where ever I found myself.
I decided I was only gonna settle for the best.
I decided to always volunteer to be the one to do what no one else wanted!!!

Making decisions and sticking to them is hardwork I must admit. But that's the starting point for a life of discipline and success.

Decide! Decide!! Decide!!!
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by jimitacomputer(m): 9:39am On Oct 20, 2015
Hello Sir, Am So Happy About Ur Post That I Just View Now, Pls Kindly Send Me the Manuals: jimmyakaiso@yahoo.com
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by dibjay: 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2015
pls send me the manual reubengeorge@gmail.com
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by tjadeniyi(m): 9:23am On Oct 22, 2015
interested tjconcepts@hotmail.com
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by Perpetual459: 11:24am On Oct 22, 2015
jummiek2009@yahoo.com
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by fgr63: 3:42pm On Oct 22, 2015
uyefrancis@gmail.com
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2015
fgr63:
uyefrancis@gmail.com
Perpetual459:
jummiek2009@yahoo.com
tjadeniyi:
interested tjconcepts@hotmail.com

Sent to you and every one who dropped their email address.
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 22, 2015
You may need to check your spam folder
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by temmytayur(f): 6:46pm On Oct 22, 2015
Mr Dadojo kindly pls sent the pdf file to tymakings@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by Dumdum217(m): 7:17pm On Oct 22, 2015
Kindly send the pdf file to dumdumjfk@yahoo.com
thank you
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by Dewtor(m): 11:59am On Oct 23, 2015
Kindly send the pdf file to dewtor@yahoo.com
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 25, 2015
Contd

My response to the question: "How did you know all this?" Was simple.

"I spend my day in front of my PC." I replied.
I did not bother to tell her (but I'm telling you now) how I have had problems a lot of times with my parents while living with them, including my friends.

My dad had insulted me severally because I would not want to do anything save browse, work and read on my laptop.

Well, her next remark was "You are too good to be living in Ughelli, you should be in either Lagos or Abuja, you'll have more opportunities there." (These were her exact words)
But I knew too well that 'a lizard in Mozambique will still remain a lizard, even in America.' It is true, you might be exposed to greater opportunities in the city but you can't give what you don't have.

When Lot and Abraham wanted to seperate, Lot chose the exotic part of the land, leaving Abraham to contend with the challenges of settling in an average land. But at the end, We are told Abraham ended up being richer and more prosperous.

What guarantees the success of any individual is their Association (includes friends and family members), their reading culture (basically the books and materials they choose to read) and their perspective to things (ability to recognise an opportunity when they see one).

Right there in my presence in the course of our meeting, the librarian picked up her phone and called one of her associates at the federal University of *** (edited), telling him that he needs to come and hear what she is hearing from this "website guy," her ears can't hear this along, saying that I was too good at what I do (These were her words not mine).

Another meeting was scheduled immediately for the following week. I was asked to prepare mockups of how the end project was going to look like and do a presentation in the next meeting.

Little did I know that I had been selected for the job already, even without them getting a proposal or interviewing someone else. From our discussion, she just knew that I was the right person for the job.

She thanked me for coming to see her first before writing the proposal because if I had gone ahead to write a proposal, she would not have heard all that I told her.

To show her appreciation for my coming, I was handed an envelop (If you'll like to know the content, ring me up).

Details of how I was so drilled by the new man (her collegue which she called) as if I had committed an offense which he was trying to pay me back for, in my next post.

to be contd

1 Like

Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by dellsystems: 2:22pm On Oct 25, 2015
I will definitely like to meet you one on one, though, I live far from you. Any time you will be coming to Lagos, I will be present there.
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by spacestar(f): 2:32pm On Oct 26, 2015
Good afternoon sir, please you're the reason I just registered and I'm very much interested my email is roziee88@yahoo. com. Thanks in advance. God reward your good works
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by spacestar(f): 2:35pm On Oct 26, 2015
pls I need the manual. my email is roziee88@yahoo. com
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by Temisbain1(m): 8:12pm On Oct 26, 2015
Pls,i Need The Manual I Know I Am Late,but Pls I Want It,email habeebvilla14@gmail.com
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by MOREN406(f): 10:04pm On Oct 27, 2015
dadojo:
contd

details in my next post
tank you very much Sir for d manual u sent to me, may God continue to empower and strengthen you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by realbizz(f): 11:49pm On Oct 27, 2015
Kudos on the great job you are doing, please could you send me the pdf files? My email is
Thanks in advance
God bless
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by skyrocketernal(m): 7:17pm On Oct 28, 2015
Please sir also send me the pdf
I had requested for it before but
you didn't respond, please my
email is domainblast@yahoo.com
Regards.
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 29, 2015
Please sir,I need the manual too. Kindly send to rachaeladeegbe@yahoo.com Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 29, 2015
You attempted to sent me a mail but i do not link my mail on my nairaland profile for certain reason. Send to g_uju@yahoo.com
takleboy:
Pls send to ytk4sure@yahoo.com

I greet you sir
Re: Training: 40 businesses you can start with 1000 naira or less (with Videos) by saints2(f): 12:08pm On Oct 29, 2015
dadojo:

Sent to you and every one who dropped their email address.

rtmajayi@hotmail.com

Thanks and God bless you for this selfless service

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (43) (Reply)

Soap-making Business In Nigeria / 10 Hot Profitable Business Ideas You Can Start From Home With ₦20,000 / How Much Capital Will Be Needed To Start A Mini Supermarket?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.