Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Who Will You Marry? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Who Will You Marry? (2395 Views)

Would You Marry An Ugly Rich Man or A Handsome Poor Man? / Would You Marry a Single Parent? / Most Romantic Way to Ask, "Will You Marry Me?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Will You Marry? by marvelck: 1:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
I was somewhere the other day, and over heard a mother and her daughter having a heart to heart conversation about getting married. Here is the details of their conversation.

Mother: Who will you marry? An engineer, Actor, Actress, Lawyer, Banker, Photographer, Doctor, Architect, Footballer, Trader, Business man, Military man, Teacher, Politician, Broadcaster, Musician, Carer etc. Biko don't marry any actor or actress, cos na so so auditions and locations he/she go dey go/sleep. And before you know it, issue of infidelity would start creeping into your marriage. You know most Nollywood/media practitioners are known to be randy and unfaithful.

Daughter: Ok. But bankers are cute and ok.

Mother:Bankers never have time for their families. They are always leaving home early and coming back late from work. Your kids might end up seeing him as a stranger...And it would even look as if you are a single mom.

Daughter: Ok, what about a doctor?

Mother: Chei, that one na night shift he/she would always want to be, so as to have time for his/her night lover. If you marry a doctor/Nurse, you'd end up spending most nights alone. na your pillow go be your companion for bed every night.

Daughter: Ok, na true sha. What about lawyers?

Mother: Kai, my daughter, na wahala you wan carry waka come. Dont you know those ones dey get plenty enemies. Abeg, no let them kill you for me o. Lawyers way no dey straight.

Daughter: But mama, photographers are romantic and loving.

Mother: For where? Those ones na ashewo. most of them end up dating their female clients. From photo session, na for dark room both of them go end up.

Daughter: Doing what?

Mother: Ask am naw!

Daughter: What about a military personnel. Love their uniform. Especially navy.

Mother: Hmmm, see your mouth. na your type, men like that go dey deceive with their appearance. Don't you know most military men dey get plenty wives. Since they end up dating/marrying wherever they are posted. Even those for road blocks, dey frequent ashewo for nights well well. Do you want to start fighting other women over your husband's properties if he happens to 'kpeme' for duty?

Daughter: Ok, ok, what about professional footballers, they have enough money and gives one enough comfort. See how Kanu and Okocha's wives are enjoying life.

Mother: Hmm, so, you want marry heart breakers? Those ones are confirmed womanizers. See Michel and Babayaro. Can you count how many girlfriends each of them has? Impossible! So, don't go there.

Daughter: What about teachers, business man or musicians?

Mother: Teachers are ok, but tend to be too strict and less romantic. Everything to them, must be according to book. While business men, are hardly around. Always traveling from here to there. And only him knows what he does each time he goes on those business trips. My dear, he would only turn you into a domestic goddess. And as for musicians. When you see his female dancers or back up girls you've seen some of his secret girlfriends/lovers. And any time he goes on tour, he's always sure of getting some girls to sleep with. My daughter, is that the kind of man you want?

Daughter: Hmmm, so, no good one among all of them. Ok, an engineer or an architect would make a good husband. Since they are serious minded and detailed.

Mother: Hmmm, my dear I'm your mother and married to your father, an engineer. Where is he now?

PO: there is a Yoruba proverb that says " there is no where they don't cook in the night, but some food are sweeter than others,". There is none that is perfect. When you want to get married, simply look for a loving, decent, caring, genuinely God fearing, honest, straight forward, responsible, kind, nice and hard working person, whether you are a man or a woman. Don't be deceived nor carried away. Looks can be deceptive!

2 Likes

Re: Who Will You Marry? by Tallesty1(m): 1:36pm On Aug 22, 2014
How did the mother know all theses?
Re: Who Will You Marry? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Aug 22, 2014
Tallesty1: How did the mother know all theses?
Help me ask am.
As for me I'm going to marry sameer1212
Re: Who Will You Marry? by Tallesty1(m): 1:51pm On Aug 22, 2014
rozzay:
Help me ask am.
You again??
Re: Who Will You Marry? by padeolu: 1:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
Its MrsBreezy or no one else

2 Likes

Re: Who Will You Marry? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
You sud av told d woman all these...warris our own??
Re: Who Will You Marry? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 22, 2014
padeolu: Its MrsBreezy or no one else

How you take know ?
Re: Who Will You Marry? by marieolae(f): 2:22pm On Aug 22, 2014
Lolz funny tin
Re: Who Will You Marry? by padeolu: 2:24pm On Aug 22, 2014
okparaugo:

How you take know ?
ask her, she go tell you
Re: Who Will You Marry? by pweedyuz(f): 2:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
its ......................nd no one else

d space hasent been filled yet!!
Re: Who Will You Marry? by DEGREE2466(m): 2:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
marvelck: I was somewhere the other day, and over heard a mother and her daughter having a heart to heart conversation about getting married. Here is the details of their conversation.

Mother: Who will you marry? An engineer, Actor, Actress, Lawyer, Banker, Photographer, Doctor, Architect, Footballer, Trader, Business man, Military man, Teacher, Politician, Broadcaster, Musician, Carer etc. Biko don't marry any actor or actress, cos na so so auditions and locations he/she go dey go/sleep. And before you know it, issue of infidelity would start creeping into your marriage. You know most Nollywood/media practitioners are known to be randy and unfaithful.

Daughter: Ok. But bankers are cute and ok.

Mother:Bankers never have time for their families. They are always leaving home early and coming back late from work. Your kids might end up seeing him as a stranger...And it would even look as if you are a single mom.

Daughter: Ok, what about a doctor?

Mother: Chei, that one na night shift he/she would always want to be, so as to have time for his/her night lover. If you marry a doctor/Nurse, you'd end up spending most nights alone. na your pillow go be your companion for bed every night.

Daughter: Ok, na true sha. What about lawyers?

Mother: Kai, my daughter, na wahala you wan carry waka come. Dont you know those ones dey get plenty enemies. Abeg, no let them kill you for me o. Lawyers way no dey straight.

Daughter: But mama, photographers are romantic and loving.

Mother: For where? Those ones na ashewo. most of them end up dating their female clients. From photo session, na for dark room both of them go end up.

Daughter: Doing what?

Mother: Ask am naw!

Daughter: What about a military personnel. Love their uniform. Especially navy.

Mother: Hmmm, see your mouth. na your type, men like that go dey deceive with their appearance. Don't you know most military men dey get plenty wives. Since they end up dating/marrying wherever they are posted. Even those for road blocks, dey frequent ashewo for nights well well. Do you want to start fighting other women over your husband's properties if he happens to 'kpeme' for duty?

Daughter: Ok, ok, what about professional footballers, they have enough money and gives one enough comfort. See how Kanu and Okocha's wives are enjoying life.

Mother: Hmm, so, you want marry heart breakers? Those ones are confirmed womanizers. See Michel and Babayaro. Can you count how many girlfriends each of them has? Impossible! So, don't go there.

Daughter: What about teachers, business man or musicians?

Mother: Teachers are ok, but tend to be too strict and less romantic. Everything to them, must be according to book. While business men, are hardly around. Always traveling from here to there. And only him knows what he does each time he goes on those business trips. My dear, he would only turn you into a domestic goddess. And as for musicians. When you see his female dancers or back up girls you've seen some of his secret girlfriends/lovers. And any time he goes on tour, he's always sure of getting some girls to sleep with. My daughter, is that the kind of man you want?

Daughter: Hmmm, so, no good one among all of them. Ok, an engineer or an architect would make a good husband. Since they are serious minded and detailed.

Mother: Hmmm, my dear I'm your mother and married to your father, an engineer. Where is he now?

PO: there is a Yoruba proverb that says " there is no where they don't cook in the night, but some food are sweeter than others,". There is none that is perfect. When you want to get married, simply look for a loving, decent, caring, genuinely God fearing, honest, straight forward, responsible, kind, nice and hard working person, whether you are a man or a woman. Don't be deceived nor carried away. Looks can be deceptive!

so what do we do with this?
Re: Who Will You Marry? by padeolu: 2:46pm On Aug 22, 2014
pweedyuz: its ......................nd no one else

are you advertising?
Re: Who Will You Marry? by pweedyuz(f): 2:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
padeolu: are you advertising?

im marketing!!
Re: Who Will You Marry? by padeolu: 2:55pm On Aug 22, 2014
pweedyuz:

im marketing!!
good.. Who n who can apply and who shouldn't?
Re: Who Will You Marry? by PrincessB1(f): 2:56pm On Aug 22, 2014
So funnycheesy
Re: Who Will You Marry? by MizzToluwalase(f): 3:25pm On Aug 22, 2014
God's Will
Re: Who Will You Marry? by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 22, 2014

if i may ask ma'am, who's to fill it?
Re: Who Will You Marry? by padeolu: 3:36pm On Aug 22, 2014
MizzToluwalase: God's Will
is that someone's name?
Re: Who Will You Marry? by ERCROSS(m): 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2014
I'll rather marry my wife than marry my gurlfwend..
Afterall, she is my wife and she's gonna be my wife..
Re: Who Will You Marry? by MizzToluwalase(f): 4:23pm On Aug 22, 2014
;DNo sir,,,, u knw naw
Re: Who Will You Marry? by Lagusta(m): 5:39pm On Aug 22, 2014
What you said about doctors is true for those that specialized in clinic work i:e physicians, surgeons, gynecologists and pediatricians...

Lab doctors and public health doctors always have time for themselves and their families!!!
Re: Who Will You Marry? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 22, 2014
rozzay:
Help me ask am.
mee too baby
Re: Who Will You Marry? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Aug 23, 2014
padeolu: Its MrsBreezy or no one else

Haha ehh lol that's not true
Re: Who Will You Marry? by padeolu: 5:35pm On Aug 23, 2014
MrsBreezy:

Haha ehh lol that's not true
you can't be so sure of that..u know
Re: Who Will You Marry? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 23, 2014
rozzay:
Help me ask am.
...love in Tokyo...
Re: Who Will You Marry? by KillerBeauty(f): 7:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
Hmmm. If I get dat kind woman as mama ehn
E nor go dey funny at all o
Re: Who Will You Marry? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Aug 23, 2014
tongue
temigracie: ...love in Tokyo...
tongue
Re: Who Will You Marry? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 23, 2014

I see my name in the dotted line. Look closely.
Re: Who Will You Marry? by Hollyb(f): 9:09pm On Aug 23, 2014
i will marry who God says i'll marry
Re: Who Will You Marry? by teewai3(m): 9:14pm On Aug 23, 2014
is ur name teewai? cos dats wat m seeing...abi pweedyuz?
Re: Who Will You Marry? by teewai3(m): 9:16pm On Aug 23, 2014
nd God says m d one!!! wink
Re: Who Will You Marry? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Aug 23, 2014
...I ll marry my husband....even if he s a doctor,lawyer, accountant, banker etc...I dont care....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will You Wish For Your Present Relationship To Lead To Marriage? / Why Are Most Nigerian Ladies Rude To Their Toasters? / A Fact About Online Dating...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.