Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,378 members, 7,812,101 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866338 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 06, 2015
guttentag:

Sweden, the nederland, or any european country you may know, i will appreciate
Ok, but what do you wanna study?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 06, 2015
DARKLIGHT:
Interview at Lagos Embassy @ 6:30am

Me: Goodmorning!
V.O: Why do u want to go to US
Me: I want to study for Master's in Chemical Engineering at the University of Dayton.
V.0:Why University of Dayton?
Me: there is a on going research made by prof Michael Elass on dynamics modelling and simulation of chemical plant which happened to align with my area of research interest during my extensive research.
V.0: How long is your program?
Me: 24 months. Ending by May, 17 2017.
V.0: Which year did you graduate?
Me: I graduated 2011
V.0: How many schools did u apply to?
Me: Lamar University...
Me: University of Dayton, University of Connecticut and Lamar University.
V.0: Did you write any Standardized tests?
Me: I did Toefl and Gre. I submitted both. Gre's score was 296 and Toefl's score was 85
V.0: where do you work?
Me: I work as a customer care agent in Globacom
V.0: What do you do?
Me: I attend to customers issues and complaints.
V.0: How much do you earn?
Me: I earn 83K per month
V.0: Who is sponsoring you?
Me: My dad.
V.0: what does he do?
Me: he is into estate management and construction.
V.0: I'm sorry but I won't be issuing you Visa and she gave me 214b form.

Darklight my guy!.
I think ebdib is very right...The only fault I see in your transcript here is your work experience not aligning with your intended Msc...This caused my visa denial too last year...Going for Forensic science but working with non-forensic related coy, I swear the vo was just laughing at me...

My Advice, IF YOU CAN, pls don't rush!.
Kindly defer the admission, re-strategise, and fill your ds160 with utmost care.. your current status would have change and improve...OR you reapply and pray extremely hard you meet a nice VO...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyzita(f): 3:34pm On May 06, 2015
slimmy05:
Show me a link to that where they need a visa to enter the UK? How is the esta a visa?

Thanks guys. . .

slimmy05 and Zee. . .how are you guys doing?

But my concern is, With a US passport she needs a Nigerian visa to travel to Nigeria which she doesn't have, and with a Nigerian passport, I am not sure if she needs a UK transit visa since she is travelling with british airways to Nigeria. And I don't think its appropriate to use both passports.

Thanks. . .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:52pm On May 06, 2015
kennyzita:

Thanks guys. . .

slimmy05 and Zee. . .how are you guys doing?

But my concern is, With a US passport she needs a Nigerian visa to travel to Nigeria which she doesn't have, and with a Nigerian passport, I am not sure if she needs a UK transit visa since she is travelling with british airways to Nigeria. And I don't think its appropriate to use both passports.

Thanks. . .
Well, she doesn't need a transit visa at all.

Dual Citizenship

Any person, who is not a citizen of Nigeria by birth, shall forfeit his or her Nigerian Citizenship, if he or she acquires or retains citizenship of another nationality other than that of Nigeria, of which he is not a citizen by birth.

Any grant of Nigerian citizenship by registration or naturalisation shall, subject to such an applicant not being a citizen by birth of another country, be conditional upon the effective renunciation of the citizenship or nationality of that other country within a period of not more than twelve (12) months from the date of such registration or the grant of Nigerian citizenship.

Source: http://proshareng.com/articles/2559/Immigration-and-Citizenship-in-Nigeria--May-2013

Check this thread as well: https://www.nairaland.com/710567/american-dual-citizenship-rules

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 06, 2015
profojah:

Darklight my guy!.
I think ebdib is very right...The only fault I see in your transcript here is your work experience not aligning with your intended Msc...This caused my visa denial too last year...Going for Forensic science but working with non-forensic related coy, I swear the vo was just laughing at me...

My Advice, IF YOU CAN, pls don't rush!.
Kindly defer the admission, re-strategise, and fill your ds160 with utmost care.. your current status would have change and improve...OR you reapply and pray extremely hard you meet a nice VO...

Thanks, Prof! The kind of love you guys display here is amazing. That's why most our gurus can't help it but to feel the aura of love and display their fatherly and motherly love. It seems like I'm babbling. The point is that I appreciate everyone that has steal out time from his busy hour to advise and correct me. Respect!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 06, 2015
Prof, my school resumes 17th August. Like one nairalander directed me, I will work on my flaws and re-fire first week of June.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 06, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Thanks, Prof! The kind of love you guys display here is amazing. That's why most our gurus can't help it but to feel the aura of love and display their fatherly and motherly love. It seems like I'm babbling. The point is that I appreciate everyone that has steal out time from his busy hour to advise and correct me. Respect!
I understand your state. I know the issue with job prospect in Nigeria but these VO do not want to see that. Don't alter your DS 160, reapply and the job might not matter to another VO as the unavailability of my degree cert wasn't an issue which was with the first VO.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:06pm On May 06, 2015
DARKLIGHT:
Prof, my school resumes 17th August. Like one nairalander directed me, I will work on my flaws and re-fire first week of June.
Fill another DS 160 with thesame information, reapply for first week of June and make sure you buttress more on engineering research and your passion for the course.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 06, 2015
slimmy05:
Fill another DS 160 with the same information, reapply for first week of June and make sure you buttress more on engineering research and your passion for the course.

Thanks, Oga Slimmy05! I will definitely do that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 06, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Thanks, Oga Slimmy05! I will definitely do that.
Once you type your interview transcript, you can CC me and I will help throw some points or edit for you so we can try to cover the Job aspect. Wish you success bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 4:43pm On May 06, 2015
worry357:

[b]This has been done a thousand times.
Schools that do not require english test are usually poor schools.
The get a lot of visa rejections because they are low standard.
I got mine at once
She didn't even collect d letter from me
But its always adviceable to get one
It also depends on d VO
Baba,all na prayer
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 4:45pm On May 06, 2015
virginice:
Lmaaaao.....this happened to me before...go get some moisturizer and also anti itch like cortizone. Mix it together, u probably have dry skin
I also hope this works
I have almost ripped off my skin
Thanks alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 4:47pm On May 06, 2015
guttentag:

Thank you decreamaster
please can you list out the schools that offer exempt English test for he student from Nigeria
Visit Berkeley college manhattan
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 06, 2015
slimmy05:
Once you type your interview transcript, you can CC me and I will help throw some points or edit for you so we can try to cover the Job aspect. Wish you success bro

I have posted my transcript. My area of specialization is dynamics modelling and simulation of Chemical plants. I will send a mail to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 06, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

I have posted my transcript. My area of specialization is dynamics modelling and simulation of Chemical plant. I will send a mail of the mail to you.
I've seen it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by warriboy21(m): 5:07pm On May 06, 2015
Pls wen a school informs u Dat u ve been accepted. Does it mean Ur i20 is ready n do De send it immediately or de wait for some weeks to prepare it for sending..

I'm asking because my school sed I shud allow 3weeks to receive my i20..don't know If it's normal for oda schools
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 5:17pm On May 06, 2015
imperiouxx:

I think the problem with some people is the daily hot water bath.
Ima try coldwater now
The water is just too cold to stay under for a long time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 5:22pm On May 06, 2015
warriboy21:
Pls wen a school informs u Dat u ve been accepted. Does it mean Ur i20 is ready n do De send it immediately or de wait for some weeks to prepare it for sending..

I'm asking because my school sed I shud allow 3weeks to receive my i20..don't know If it's normal for oda schools
Its means u have to submit ur financial docs and others if u havent.then, they can issue it.
In other words,it is ready
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 5:27pm On May 06, 2015
slimmy05:
Nysc dey hungry the guy badly
Him go soon tire. No be NYSC? At the end of three weeks in camp, he will reboot.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by clow(m): 5:52pm On May 06, 2015
Hello all,please I have a question I already collected my official transcript from my school before I.e the hard copy,but I misplaced it,but not after scanning and keeping a soft copy for myself,now do I have to go apply for another one from my school,which by the way wud cost about 7k or shud I just print out the official soft copy and carry along with me when going for my interview,
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:18pm On May 06, 2015
clow:
Hello all,please I have a question I already collected my official transcript from my school before I.e the hard copy,but I misplaced it,but not after scanning and keeping a soft copy for myself,now do I have to go apply for another one from my school,which by the way wud cost about 7k or shud I just print out the official soft copy and carry along with me when going for my interview,
Print it and take it there.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kingimmade: 6:58pm On May 06, 2015
spyke01:
My Transcript as follows
……
It was just God's favour, I prayed and I got it

Congratulation,God will continue to see u thru...I sent u PM pls respond.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 8:47pm On May 06, 2015
decreamaster:

Ima try coldwater now
The water is just too cold to stay under for a long time

Don't use cold water except it's really warm outside.

I have the same problem too and many other people that came to U.S with dry skin.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:26pm On May 06, 2015
jakeharris:

Yo Walspring if you still get my number what's app me or here it is +16817588615

Roger that.. grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:28pm On May 06, 2015
slimmy05:
Walspring, are there any schools that gives 100% scholarship to SAT 2000? if yes, which schools?

Troy University

Claffin university

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:29pm On May 06, 2015
DARKLIGHT:
I am feeling sad. I just got denied.

Dont feel sad but be rejoicing big boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 06, 2015
warriboy21:

Have you submitted your financial statement & letter?..If yes, just chilax for them to prepare it...They said 3weeks probably because they have so many Intl students they wanna prepare an i20 for OR they have prepared yours and sent it through regular mail...You know this i20 must be done carefully without misinterpretation of words & data....just be patient...

BTW, why don't you tell them to scan and send to you so that you can get your SEVIS # known for payment before it arrive
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:50pm On May 06, 2015
Walspring:

Troy University

Claffin university
thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:51pm On May 06, 2015
guttentag:

i like to study abroad without going through this English language process, if you know any school that don't ask for it, please let me know

What you running for is easy to scale through.. Try and do it now and dont let it hunt for you when you get to the school you going to
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:52pm On May 06, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Hi! Is there any available appointment date towards ending of May @ Lagos embassy? Reply asap. Thanks in anticipation!

Yes big boss.. Kindly take your time to work on your lapses before booking again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 10:58pm On May 06, 2015
slimmy05:
TN, will be leaving to Chicago next week.

Safe trip but before you leave we need to talk on mobile ooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by warriboy21(m): 10:59pm On May 06, 2015
decreamaster:

Its means u have to submit ur financial docs and others if u havent.then, they can issue it.
In other words,it is ready
Thanks boss. Though I submitted my financial documents wen applying

(1) (2) (3) ... (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.