Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (490) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (867473 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ttmacoy: 11:01pm On May 06, 2015
As a US passport holders she doesn't need a visa to visit or transit the UK

kennyzita:
Hi guys,

Really long time. . .

I want to ask please, if my daughter is travelling from the US to Nigeria on British airways and will be having a less-than-two-hours stop over in Heathrow London. She is just 4 months old and she has both the Nigerian and US passport, but none has visa in it. And she will be travelling with the Nigerian passport, and US passport will be checked in. Does she need a UK transit visa?

Expect your responses, y'all. . .

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ttmacoy: 11:10pm On May 06, 2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by akin3102(m): 11:12pm On May 06, 2015
Hello Gurus..please is it the student that is responsible for the payment of the shipping agency for i-20 to be delivered?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 06, 2015
Walspring:

Safe trip but before you leave we need to talk on mobile ooo
we would definitely talk bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by warriboy21(m): 11:16pm On May 06, 2015
profojah:

Have you submitted your financial statement & letter?..If yes, just chilax for them to prepare it...They said 3weeks probably because they have so many Intl students they wanna prepare an i20 for OR they have prepared yours and sent it through regular mail..You know this i20 must be done carefully without misinterpretation of words & data....just be patient...

BTW, why don't you tell them to scan and send to you so that you can get your SEVIS # known for payment before it arrive

thats wat i wanna avoid..regular mail sucks...

and yes i submited my financial docs wen applying....i hav mailed dem though
thks boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:18pm On May 06, 2015
slimmy05:
thanks

Thanks to Most high... grin grin grin

slimmy05:
we would definitely talk bro.

Okay big boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:23pm On May 06, 2015
akin3102:
Hello Gurus..please is it the student that is responsible for the payment of the shipping agency for i-20 to be delivered?

Yes and some schools will be the student $100 while some schools will pay the for the shipping
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by terefe(m): 11:24pm On May 06, 2015
I hail thee all... Please any info on how having a running immigration petition affects landing a students visa? Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:24pm On May 06, 2015
Bplati:
Yes Yaba axis.

Okay big boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:25pm On May 06, 2015
innovativeame:

Walspring, God will honour you, believe it or "live" it. It doesn't matter who has gone ahead of you. The glory of the later shall be greater than the former.

Amen in the name of Jesus

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mattkelly: 11:26pm On May 06, 2015
profojah:

Have you submitted your financial statement & letter?..If yes, just chilax for them to prepare it...They said 3weeks probably because they have so many Intl students they wanna prepare an i20 for OR they have prepared yours and sent it through regular mail...You know this i20 must be done carefully without misinterpretation of words & data....just be patient...

BTW, why don't you tell them to scan and send to you so that you can get your SEVIS # known for payment before it arrive

Prof,You mean when my I.20 is ready i can ask them to scan it to me?And can i pay the Sevis fee and the Visa Application fee with the Scanned I.20 and even go with the Embassy with it while i wait the original Version.Why am saying this is that,I want to save funds..My school advises applicants to pay $100 to receive the I.20 faster as most schools do say too.Though the regular mail is going to take time.So instead of going for the $100 to receive the I.20 faster,I think the scanning would do too while i wait for the original I.20.Or what do you think?

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:28pm On May 06, 2015
mattkelly:
Wahooo,Hard,Stressful Day.Did the Toefl today and hoping and expecting something good..Thereafter Met the Great and One and Only Walspring..We ended up attending a Wedding ceremony where we chopped wella...Walspring,You are God sent,You deserve The Best..You deserve to be compensated and i believe your compensation is on the way..

We all will share our Success stories here by God's grace.I believe..

Big boss, God is the Great One and not me ooo grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

That wedding nah small levels wedding but no worry, another day we go attend bigger wedding

The Most high will compensate us all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:29pm On May 06, 2015
glitter24:
please check my email

Email replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:31pm On May 06, 2015
mattkelly:

Prof,You mean when my I.20 is ready i can ask them to scan it to me?And can i pay the Sevis fee and the Visa Application fee with the Scanned I.20 and even go with the Embassy with it while i wait the original Version.Why am saying this is that,I want to save funds..My school advises applicants to pay $100 to receive the I.20 faster as most schools do say too.Though the regular mail is going to take time.So instead of going for the $100 to receive the I.20 faster,I think the scanning would do too while i wait for the original I.20.Or what do you think?

Thanks

Exactly!... You can use the scan copy to get some things done before the original copy arrive

Please dont use regular mail because it usually delay packages
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mattkelly: 11:38pm On May 06, 2015
Walspring:

Big boss, God is the Great One and not me ooo grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

That wedding nah small levels wedding but no worry, another day we go attend bigger wedding

The Most high will compensate us all

Amen and you too..Bros,we go talk on whatsapp tommorow.My Data just got exhausted.Am typing on my PC right now..God bless you abundantly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mattkelly: 11:39pm On May 06, 2015
Walspring:

Exactly!... You can use the scan copy to get some things done before the original copy arrive

Please dont use regular mail because it usually delay packages

100Gbosas for you..Talk 2mrw of whatsapp..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:47pm On May 06, 2015
lolajenc:
Hello Nairalanders, I initially applied for the accelerated nursing program in Illinois state university but then some people advised me to change to another course because VOs don't normally grant visas to people going to study nursing so I changed to health information management but I already have a degree in cell biology and genetics(university of lagos) and now[b] I'm hearing that they don't usually issue visas to second degree applicants,[/b] my interview is on may 26th, 2015...I'm a little confused...should I tell the vos I'm going for a second degree or a forget that I have a prior BSc and just say I'm going for a first degree instead? Thank you

If i am not wrong, i think recently someone posted success story and (s)he is going for second degree...

Last year i met 2 beautiful girls like you in person grin grin grin (they are cousins/sisters i cant really remember again) after they were both denied visa in their first attempt and they are both going for second degree, We talked, restructure somethings and lots more and i asked them to refire and they did one got her visa, unfortunately the second girl didnt get it during the second attempt

Dont let people mislead you, All you have to do is to get a good reason while going for the second degree because VO(s) will want to know what you have been doing since you left high school, Try and make sure that the second degree you going for is related to your first degree because that really helped one of the girls last year and remember with God all things are possible grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:51pm On May 06, 2015
mattkelly:

100Gbosas for you..Talk 2mrw of whatsapp..

Okay sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:51pm On May 06, 2015
mattkelly:

Amen and you too..Bros,we go talk on whatsapp tommorow.My Data just got exhausted.Am typing on my PC right now..God bless you abundantly

God bless you too...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kellycute(m): 12:42am On May 07, 2015
mattkelly:

Thanks
you dare not go to the embassy with a scan I 20 if u don't wanna tell a story that touch. Wait for original copy before storming the embassy.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 1:25am On May 07, 2015
warriboy21:

Thanks boss. Though I submitted my financial documents wen applying
If (yes) then
Keep ur hands akimbo grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by guttentag(m): 1:30am On May 07, 2015
DeeTus:
Ok, but what do you wanna study?

bros please, list out the once you know and i will make my choice of study, i think it is high time they stop asking for that English language test because English is Nigeria official language
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by virginice: 2:41am On May 07, 2015
decreamaster:

I also hope this works
I have almost ripped off my skin
Thanks alot
There are different types of cortizone. The first set I bought didn't work till I got the intensive healing one. Don't use cold water. Instead always use the cream before ur skin feels dry . I had one permanently in my small purse when it started then. It will go grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:52am On May 07, 2015
virginice:

There are different types of cortizone. The first set I bought didn't work till I got the intensive healing one. Don't use cold water. Instead always use the cream before ur skin feels dry . I had one permanently in my small purse when it started then. It will go grin
I'm sure you would be done with studies.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by virginice: 3:27am On May 07, 2015
slimmy05:
I'm sure you would be done with studies.

My dear, I am not done o....it's a phD prog I signed for cry but it's been fun all d way...I do wish it was masters though. We about to round up this spring that's y I have time to breeze in smiley it's been a while and I feel bad being away for so long
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:40am On May 07, 2015
virginice:

My dear, I am not done o....it's a phD prog I signed for cry but it's been fun all d way...I do wish it was masters though. We about to round up this spring that's y I have time to breeze in smiley it's been a while and I feel bad being away for so long
It's all good, cos I remembered vividly you got your visa 2013. I thought you went it for a masters program.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MrRoYCe(m): 4:12am On May 07, 2015
imperiouxx:

I heard this before. I tried the links giving by the humble thread mate but still tickets for 2 adults is around $2,500 for end of the year.

Do you think incognito can make it a bit cheaper? or we should wait till the 6 months to leave before searching?

Thanks

The things is....all those site operate in such a way that once you've been to their site, the price remains the same or increases....but if you're in incognito mode...you get to see the present price everytime you check the site.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by MrRoYCe(m): 4:25am On May 07, 2015
imperiouxx:

I heard this before. I tried the links giving by the humble thread mate but still tickets for 2 adults is around $2,500 for end of the year.

Do you think incognito can make it a bit cheaper? or we should wait till the 6 months to leave before searching?

Thanks

I'll advice you to search with a lot of website like kayak.com and the likes... then go to the airline that was cheap according to kayak that you wanna travel with and search for flight....in most case, the price at the airline website is cheaper than what's on kayak.....all these must be done in incognito....and u can repeat all these steps during the day and in the middle of the night (nigerian time)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 4:39am On May 07, 2015
slimmy05:
Show me a link to that where they need a visa to enter the UK? How is the esta a visa?
What are u talking about ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 4:58am On May 07, 2015
MrRoYCe:

I'll advice you to search with a lot of website like kayak.com and the likes... then go to the airline that was cheap according to kayak that you wanna travel with and search for flight....in most case, the price at the airline website is cheaper than what's on kayak.....all these must be done in incognito....and u can repeat all these steps during the day and in the middle of the night (nigerian time)

Ok, thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:13am On May 07, 2015
Walspring:

Yes big boss.. Kindly take your time to work on your lapses before booking again

Thanks, the ever-ready-to-help Walspring. I had my B.Eng in Chemical Engineering and going for Master's in Chemical Engineering, but work as a customer care agent. I guess it's the correlation is the problem. I need to find a correlation between the two. My research interest is dynamics modeling and simulation of chemical plants. I pray that all the gurus in the house help to look into my transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:39am On May 07, 2015
guttentag:

bros please, list out the ones you know and i will make my choice of study, i think it is high time they stopped asking for that English language test because English is Nigeria official language
I just saw why...

(1) (2) (3) ... (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.