Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (866264 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:05am On May 07, 2015
ferdimako:

I just saw why...
You make me wanna punch you. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 6:09am On May 07, 2015
virginice:

There are different types of cortizone. The first set I bought didn't work till I got the intensive healing one. Don't use cold water. Instead always use the cream before ur skin feels dry . I had one permanently in my small purse when it started then. It will go grin
And also whenever i feel nervous,it still itches
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mattkelly: 6:10am On May 07, 2015
kellycute:
you dare not go to the embassy with a scan I 20 if u don't wanna tell a story that touch. Wait for original copy before storming the embassy.

Okay Good..Noted
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 6:45am On May 07, 2015
decreamaster:

Try and buy one iron teeth portable brush and brush the hell outta that itch

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by akin3102(m): 7:07am On May 07, 2015
Darklight..There is no correlation between your course and what you are doing at the moment.you and I are in the same shoes..Am a Telecom Engr too and I have always known that because of this Nigeria factor,small packaging is needed.As it is you can't edit your ds160 again except you want to defer till spring but I can see that your soul is already in Obamaland Na only your body dey naija.Maybe you can say you are customer complaint agent/Engr reporting different alarms to offshore platform. Hope you understand me a little..
DARKLIGHT:

Thanks, the ever-ready-to-help Walspring. I had my B.Eng in Chemical Engineering and going for Master's in Chemical Engineering, but work as a customer care agent. I guess it's the correlation is the problem. I need to find a correlation between the two. My research interest is dynamics modeling and simulation of chemical plants. I pray that all the gurus in the house help to look into my transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:42am On May 07, 2015
[/i]
akin3102:
Darklight..There is no correlation between your course and what you are doing at the moment.you and I are in the same shoes..Am a Telecom Engr too and I have always known that because of this Nigeria factor,small packaging is needed.As it is you can't edit your ds160 again except you want to defer till spring but I can see that your soul is already in Obamaland Na only your body dey naija.Maybe you can say you are customer complaint agent/Engr reporting different alarms to offshore platform. Hope you understand me a little..
[i]
Thanks, man! If only Naija has a very working enabling environment and good governance, who would have loved to leave her birth country for another country.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 8:56am On May 07, 2015
mattkelly:

Prof,You mean when my I.20 is ready i can ask them to scan it to me?And can i pay the Sevis fee and the Visa Application fee with the Scanned I.20 and even go with the Embassy with it while i wait the original Version.Why am saying this is that,I want to save funds..My school advises applicants to pay $100 to receive the I.20 faster as most schools do say too.Though the regular mail is going to take time.So instead of going for the $100 to receive the I.20 faster,I think the scanning would do too while i wait for the original I.20.Or what do you think?

Thanks
Yes you can pay for your sevis and book for an appointment with the scanned copy while you wait for the i20 to arrive BUT I'm not sure of going to the consulate with the scan copy for an interview.cc Slimmy05.
Pls don't allow your i20 to be sent via regular mail. It really sucks. You can give them the address of any NL peeps or any family you have in the US to send it there and they will surely send it to you via a cheaper courier...Slimmy05, dotman2460 can help you out on this..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:13am On May 07, 2015
Walspring:

If i am not wrong, i think recently someone posted success story and (s)he is going for second degree...

Last year i met 2 beautiful girls like you in person grin grin grin (they are cousins/sisters i cant really remember again) after they were both denied visa in their first attempt and they are both going for second degree, We talked, restructure somethings and lots more and i asked them to refire and they did one got her visa, unfortunately the second girl didnt get it during the second attempt

Dont let people mislead you, All you have to do is to get a good reason while going for the second degree because VO(s) will want to know what you have been doing since you left high school, Try and make sure that the second degree you going for is related to your first degree because that really helped one of the girls last year and remember with God all things are possible grin grin grin
Wale, the restructurer grin
Where is the second fine girl?..pm me her number, God can use me to restructure and repackage her beautiful life!.. grin

Don't mind me!..always feel your inspirational talks sometimes...Kenny said it yesterday when he came to my house "bobo Walspring yen, olorun kan ran wa si NL ni,"..I'm waiting patiently here to see and read your success story..You really worth it,.God will crown your effort
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:57am On May 07, 2015
I will hit you up, bro.
Just rushed down to school to send
my transcripts to WES.
I no go do frog jump, I go join OBS tongue tongue
innovativeame:

And you don't want me to see u before you go for Ajuwaya, abi. You start frog jump very soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:58am On May 07, 2015
Bros, abegi joor! tongue
I no say na your type go like NYSC pass lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
By the way, you don run score goal for TN be that?
Who get the kid for your pic?
slimmy05:
Nysc dey hungry the guy badly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 10:04am On May 07, 2015
sirRiddy:
I will hit you up, bro.
my transcripts to WES.
Alright, no issue. BTW, that OBS thingy depends on your camp oo, some are just too dry and boring, might just wanna make you join the parade. Na all those medical students dey enjoy pass. Better still, join NYSC band-paramilitary. Safe trip to your school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by akagson: 10:06am On May 07, 2015
femiap:

GOD BLESS AMERICA

The country that i love and keep close to my heart, a country that your dreams can come true if you are hardworking, a country where you can attend any college or university without a penny in your pocket throught loans and scholarships.

Whao, its amazing this thread is still alive!!!!!, i joined this thread in August 2010 because i was interested in coming to the U.S for graduate studies and potentially become a citizen of this great country...this thread is part of my success story today, the likes of OJAP, SEEDORD, FEMILANGY, FEMI2020 are part of my success story, my strategy was watch, listen and dissect information from this thread and mold it to my benefit, and that worked for me when i went to the embassy for my student visa interview...( check dec 14 2010 for my interview details on the thread).

With that been said, my journey in America has been a success story with a lot of hardwork, optimism, and dynamism. To cut the long story short, i have two masters now and work as an Information Analyst with one of the biggest banks in the world, i never came here with any large money, i was just optimistic, hopeful, looked unto God . Yea, America is not easy like people say (FOR LAZY PEOPLE), but if you are ready to study hard, beleive you me, you will be ok and not lack.

The purpose of my long epistle is to encourgae you guys....(the ones that are really ready to come study and become someone in life), do not let anybody discourage you, follow your heart and passion, i am a living testimony, i landed at JFK with 70 dollars in my pocket in dec 2010 but as of today i make almost six figures/annum working as a SQL DEVELOPER, i never knew anything about I.T while in Nigeria, but because i was determined to be a change agent for my generation, i strived hard, focused on my masters and through the Grace of God, i dont lack anything because am highly contempted with what i have.

P.S

THIS IS A GREAT THREAD, IT CHANGED MY LIFE AND SOME FRIENDS' LIVES, DO NOT COME TO THE THREAD WITH THE "I KNOW ALL MENTALITY" RATHER, COME HERE TO ASSIMILATE INFORMATION. THANK YOU ALL AND BEST OF LUCK.

My brother, you have just gingered me. I'm really grateful for this epistle. It just gave me some fresh energy to pursue my dream. Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:06am On May 07, 2015
Thanks jare my paddy smiley,
you no be bad belle like slimmy05
innovativeame:

Alright, no issue. BTW, that OBS thingy depends on your camp oo, some are just too dry and boring, might just wanna make you join the parade. Na all those medical students dey enjoy pass. Better still, join NYSC band-paramilitary. Safe trip to your school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by udeyokay: 10:19am On May 07, 2015
Can someone pleease explain more on the meaning of primary occupation on ds 160
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 10:34am On May 07, 2015
udeyokay:
Can someone pleease explain more on the meaning of primary occupation on ds 160

Primary occupation means what you are doing presently. It means the present work you are doing, that's if you are working. Be careful with that field. It can really affect your getting a visa. Seek the help of the great gurus here before you fill that field.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by TJ18(m): 10:40am On May 07, 2015
sirRiddy:
I will hit you up, bro.
my transcripts to WES.
SirRiddy, I have been calling your mtn line but not going thru...pls I need some info abt TOEFL reg... pls do I have to get the gtb token before I can register?
Or do you have an alternative line I can contact you with?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:00am On May 07, 2015
Kennyronny...Thanks baba...I've seen it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 11:03am On May 07, 2015
profojah:
Kennyronny...Thanks baba...I've seen it
You most welcome bro...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by akin3102(m): 11:07am On May 07, 2015
Slimmy05...Please I need your help to pay for my sevis fees.I have received the scanned copy of my i-20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:40am On May 07, 2015
profojah:

Wale, the restructurer grin
Where is the second fine girl?..pm me her number, God can use me to restructure and repackage her beautiful life!.. grin

Don't mind me!..always feel your inspirational talks sometimes...Kenny said it yesterday when he came to my house "bobo Walspring yen, olorun kan ran wa si NL ni,"..I'm waiting patiently here to see and read your success story..You really worth it,.God will crown your effort

You dey whine me abi I dont know where the second girl is, i will check my email for her contact and get back to you

You will all see and read my success story and to God be the glory

@bold
Amen in the name of Jesus
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by haffikem(m): 11:46am On May 07, 2015
i got my visa approved today @ Abuja . watch out for the transcript.

Thanks . am on my way home ..walspring dicapino slimmy05

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 11:50am On May 07, 2015
haffikem:

Thanks to the Most High..

Enjoy your stay in Obamaland
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by udeyokay: 12:02pm On May 07, 2015
haffikem:

Congrats man. We wait for your transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by udeyokay: 12:30pm On May 07, 2015
I was denied a student dvisa last year Dec,is it advisable to change my primary occupation from business to tutoring.I will be sponsoring my trip

The steady huge amount of transactions in my statement shows that I do serious business. Will it be an offense if I write I'm tutoring in a school and say I also run a business orally?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by decreamaster(m): 12:39pm On May 07, 2015
slimmy05:
Try and buy one iron teeth portable brush and brush the hell outta that itch

shocked cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 07, 2015
haffikem:

Congrats, man!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 12:58pm On May 07, 2015
haffikem:

Whaoo!!!...Congrats bro...enjoy your stay in obamaland!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:12pm On May 07, 2015
akin3102:
Slimmy05...Please I need your help to pay for my sevis fees.I have received the scanned copy of my i-20.
no probs, you have to fill your coupon online yourself
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by udeyokay: 1:37pm On May 07, 2015
[quote author=udeyokay post=33505776]I was denied a student visa last year Dec,is it advisable to change my primary occupation from business to tutoring.I will be sponsoring my trip

The steady huge amount of transactions in my statement shows that I do serious business. Will it be an offense if I write I'm tutoring in a school and say I also run a business orally?[/quot
What if i use the OTHER Speciification to say I
own
a business and also a phyisics teacher in a
secondary school .please guru I need an advice on this thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 3:03pm On May 07, 2015
decreamaster:

It's the same story everywhere. The closest medical diagnosis is called Cholinergic urticaria.

Moisture your body and drink enough water.

http://www.cholinergicurticaria.net/heat-hives-i-get-itchy-hives-when-i-get-hot-or-exercise/

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 3:15pm On May 07, 2015
imperiouxx:

It's the same story everywhere. The closest medical diagnosis is called Cholinergic urticaria.

Moisture your body and drink enough water.

http://www.cholinergicurticaria.net/heat-hives-i-get-itchy-hives-when-i-get-hot-or-exercise/
I never experience this kind thing oo, seems its for people with dry skin. tongue. Just get a moisturizing cream , like Vaseline and drink more water to stay healthy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by haffikem(m): 3:16pm On May 07, 2015
American embassy visa consulate..
6.30 am

woke up said my prayers and moved straight to diplomatic drive.

when i arrived some touts block me arrange my documents..staple some and notified me to write my name at back of my passport.

i did so and quickly sat down and watched as people were paying 4k because of forgotten mrv receipt and passport photograph going for N1500. i jst dey watch what ignorance dey do people.

not too long one girl accosted me saying i would pay for the seat while i wait for my batch to be called in...i paid her N100

soon we were ushered in some minutes after 9am... after routine security checks and traditions..i finally sat.

from my observance booth 6 was a man ..he was asking barely three questions before he approves your visa... booth 8 was a woman she will ask you questions for Africa and still tell you sorry. booth 9 was also asking questions too...even if you've been to everywhere..she go still bounce you.

i was interviewed in booth 8

me good morning
vo pass me your passport pls
me have it ma
vo your i 20
me have it ma
vo why you going to ULL ( stops typing and focus on me )
me because it aligns with my research interest which is computer model validation analyisis of EoR GoM etc
vo whats Eor
me Enhance oil Recovery
vo did u write GMAT ?
me i wrote GRE TOEFL (passes it to her )
vo what did you do in your undergraduate ?
me studied electrical computer engineering
vo what other schools did you apply to ?
me four....WSU UNI KANSAS MUN ULL
vo i see you sponsored by an uncle
me yes
vo can i have his statements ( i passed it to her )
she come dey type for Africa........typing typing ( my leg come dey shake..i come raise one up )

vo so what does your uncle do ?
me he is a manager at #$$"**#%""" funds ltd

shakes her head breath in breath out

vo how is he related to you
me it tell her....
vo so she is the brother to your mum
me yes

vo your visa has been granted..you can pick it up at the address on the form being given to you
me thanks ma

i now arranged all my documents wella step out tall cut the fyn security babe i saw outside eye...she too cut me left eye thanks.

NB i see it all as favour from God. i actually prayed about it and took advice from.here and walspring especially he was very useful.

also i didnt seem mechanical..i jst freed myself when i got to the vo's booth especially when she suspended her typing focusing on my fine face ( lolz)

hope someone finds this piece useful.

Thanks all.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.