Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (494) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (867545 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 08, 2015
jakeharris:

I went to the embassy with a scanned 1-20 and got my visa
cry[quote author=jakeharris post=33539427]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by kennyrony(m): 1:47pm On May 08, 2015
akagson:
What of for a 22 yrs old who finished in 2010?
Going to College? D age is much ok. Just try to fill d 5yrs gap by convincing the VO wat u av been doing after ur secondary school. But u will do urself good if you can apply to a university use der I-20 at d embassy den transfer wen u get 2 d US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:19pm On May 08, 2015
Ipledge:
It was this day last year I got my F-1 visa...I pray God grant everybody going to embassy their wish cheesy cheesy

It's your boy Ipledge

Amen in the name of Jesus...

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:19pm On May 08, 2015
profojah:

Thanks my sure guy!!!...Oya I'm waiting but send it nextmonth...so many girls on waitlist this May.
Your head is Valid

Okay big boss...

But small small with those girls ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 2:24pm On May 08, 2015
Feexo:
How are things going with you Imperiouxx, Walspring, Zeezahbee, slimmy and everybody? I trust God is in control... I completed a semester in my school in Illinois last year for my masters, was told to I was gonna be in a good stead to get a full GA the second semester if I had a GPA of at least 3.0/4.0 by 2 of my professors, I got 4.0/4.0 but they told me the department was not gonna get funded till fall session and I would definitely qualified if I can maintain my GPA. To cut the long story short, I had no money for another semester before getting the full GA with monthly stipend in the fall- and I did try relentlessly to raise the money-, so I left school. I am sorting myself out now financially and getting myself back in status-wise, and I should be back in school by spring 2006 by God's grace. I need a list of schools that would be my best bet as regards getting funding, and is it possible for me to apply for Phd directly by transferring my credit from my former school? Cheers!!!!

Between, I am studying Political Science....

We doing great and good..

I am sure you referring to Spring 2016, Also wishing you all the best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 2:43pm On May 08, 2015
paulbets:
Una just dey flex Lag o.
bro u didn't send me the girls no.
Pls send it all over again
Thanks prof grin
Sent...
If the MTN no go, call the Airtel....I don send her airtel number

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:05pm On May 08, 2015
@Slimmy05

I sent you pm, Waiting for your reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 3:05pm On May 08, 2015
haffikem:

For all those that congratulated me .. Thanks.

for all those that were denied, i wish you success in your next interview

for all those that are yet to go for interview.i congratulate you in advance,

and for all those that are seeking for admission, you shall be granted.

and also for all those that are seeking for schools without writing ANY standardized TEST, i wish you good luck Too.

Amen in the name of Jesus

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by idcom1(m): 3:06pm On May 08, 2015
If you're a genuinely going for studies;you will get your visa..It all depends on what you've been doing for the past 10 years.

I runs a computer business center and am I do teach too.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by pcbo: 3:09pm On May 08, 2015
Pls is it possible to change major from electrical engineering to computer engineering ,when one arrives in his/her school.since the I-20 list electrical engineering as my major
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by akin3102(m): 3:10pm On May 08, 2015
Write GRE and TOEFL.Then you are good to go.
bjhaid:
Planning to go for msc after my hnd, which standardized test do i need to take?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by worry357: 3:15pm On May 08, 2015
pcbo:
Pls is it possible to change major from electrical engineering to computer engineering ,when one arrives in his/her school.since the I-20 list electrical engineering as my major

How do you expect anyone here to answer that question?
Only your school knows if they have places on the course and if they allow this.
YOU must contact the school and ask them.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by akin3102(m): 3:17pm On May 08, 2015
Write GRE and TOEFL..
MaxiDj:

Which one do you suggest?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 08, 2015
akin3102:
Write GRE and TOEFL.Then you are good to go.
okay boss thanks..what are the required documents for student visa at the embassy pls?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mattkelly: 3:47pm On May 08, 2015
Bplati:
Type exactly what you are doing at the moment except that you are into something shady which will backfire on you in the long run. NL doesn't encourage lies. So be sure of what you are doing.

Won tu dee ohh..I dont know wetin concern you with what he is doing presently..Some people sha would be coming here to claim King-Kong..I mean i dont get it..He asked for advise that has to do with going to the US for studies and you come carry am for head as if you are hes Papa..Give him the needed advise if you can,if not get the hell out of he's post..Nobody should come here and start being bossy..We all here to learn as nobody is a so-called Guru..You gerrit?

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by mattkelly: 3:52pm On May 08, 2015
jakeharris:

I went to the embassy with a scanned 1-20 and got my visa

Ohh i see.Thanks Jare
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sealleone(m): 4:07pm On May 08, 2015
penroll55:

If you need her to point it out,here is it...i quote "Yeah your friend must be a clown, At 28, going for an Associate degree , in a community college, for summer, he's a very big clown!."

You dont have to call his friend a clown all because of that.....you should know most Nigerians wanting to travel is not all about the school but for a greener pasture so what you should have done is to give him a proper advice and way forward instead of those harsh words and insults.
He felt going for that will cost him less money(which i believe he dont intend schooling there though) but he was wrong because such will mean easy refusal.

Please lets try and be constructive with our words at times even if some people are a pain in d ass but the truth is we learn in everyday of our life.
love the positive review brother...but some people will actually do the studying...ie... Nurses acquire associate degree s to get into one of the most paid jobs in the US. .yeah its time consuming but u still make that bread same thing goes for any program in the medical field, truth is not all ms degrees will fetch u what u get if ur practicing medicine in USA, and in 4years tops u will get a bachelors degree which means more pay in ur field. People will definitely talk about stuff they r ignorant about cos they think they know all. Successful visa applications ain't cos ur too damn prepared or how good ur grades are, if God ain't with, then ur ass is on fire. And a friend got his visa approved today in Abuja...associate degree in nursing and yeah he has a bachelors in biological sciences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 08, 2015
sealleone:
love the positive review brother...but some people will actually do the studying...ie... Nurses acquire associate degree s to get into one of the most paid jobs in the US. .yeah its time consuming but u still make that bread same thing goes for any program in the medical field, truth is not all ms degrees will fetch u what u get if ur practicing medicine in USA, and in 4years tops u will get a bachelors degree which means more pay in ur field. People will definitely talk about stuff they r ignorant about cos they think they know all. Successful visa applications ain't cos ur too damn prepared or how good ur grades are, if God ain't with, then ur ass is on fire. And a friend got his visa approved today in Abuja...associate degree in nursing and yeah he has a bachelors in biological sciences.
Associate Degree in Nursing makes a lot of sense. Did he apply for visa as self-sponsor?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sealleone(m): 4:29pm On May 08, 2015
DeeTus:
Associate Degree in Nursing makes a lot of sense. Did he apply for visa as self-sponsor?
Nope.. family sponsor
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:32pm On May 08, 2015
sealleone:
Nope.. family sponsor
Ok fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 08, 2015
sealleone:
love the positive review brother...but some people will actually do the studying...ie... Nurses acquire associate degree s to get into one of the most paid jobs in the US. .yeah its time consuming but u still make that bread same thing goes for any program in the medical field, truth is not all ms degrees will fetch u what u get if ur practicing medicine in USA, and in 4years tops u will get a bachelors degree which means more pay in ur field. [b]People will definitely talk about stuff they r ignorant about cos they think they know all. Successful visa applications ain't cos ur too damn prepared or how good ur grades are, if God ain't with, then ur ass is on fire. And a friend got his visa approved today in Abuja...associate degree in nursing and yeah he has a bachelors in biological science[/b]s.
Whats the moral of this story?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 08, 2015
pcbo:
I will advice you continue with electrical engineering. You can change, it depends on your school. Email your school for enquiry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 08, 2015
guttentag:

bros please, list out the once you know and i will make my choice of study, i think it is high time they stop asking for that English language test because English is Nigeria official language
Sorry to inform you that you need either IELTS or TOEFL. You didn't give more information about your intended course of study and work experience.

Meanwhile, a friend of mine who is a Lawyer sat for TOEFL and got admission while the other one, because he's been an English teacher for couple of years and had written quite a number of articles. Then, the school waived standardized test for him and grant him admission after verification of his works and teaching experience.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sealleone(m): 5:20pm On May 08, 2015
slimmy05:
Whats the moral of this story?
we all have different paths, give people advice if u got one, not shoving down opinions down their throat, but then who rily gives a shit, its a race for a life better than what we have in Nigeria, hard work pays.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 08, 2015
One of my relatives who studied in the UK, applied to top schools and had written so many verifiable articles in Nigerian dailies and other countries, was asked to write standardized test.

He did and got admission to MIT and Harvard. He's graduated since then. The European Universities that requested for standardized test did not insult you. Rather, it's simply one of their requirements and a policy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by glitter24(m): 5:38pm On May 08, 2015
i applied for Diesel and heavy equipment transportation Technology but i was given admission in Liberal art and science general studies, when i called the school i was told that i was given admission in liberal art and science general studies because the course i applied for was not available by then so she had to pen down something for me on my I-20, but on my arrival at the school im going to switch to course i choose. But the case now is when im asked by the vo "why do You choose this course" (liberal art and science general studies) what will i reply please or should i pick up a point on liberal art and science general studies and tell the vo would tell the vo im specializing on Education does that makes sense need help my interview is fast approaching. Gurus please help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 5:43pm On May 08, 2015
sealleone:
we all have different paths, give people advice if u got one, not shoving down opinions down their throat, but then who rily gives a shit, its a race for a life better than what we have in Nigeria, hard work pays.
go and calm your tip down Abeg. Come here and see the hustle of a green passport. Don't start ranting unnecessarily. The task ahead is far greater that those nonsense you just typed.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sealleone(m): 6:00pm On May 08, 2015
slimmy05:
go and calm your tip down Abeg. Come here and see the hustle of a green passport. Don't start ranting unnecessarily. The task ahead is far greater that those nonsense you just typed.
good luck in whatever you're doing in the west brother, na opinions we come share for forum abeg...no vex, let's get back to doing just that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 6:39pm On May 08, 2015
glitter24:
i applied for Diesel and heavy equipment transportation Technology but i was given admission in Liberal art and science general studies, when i called the school i was told that i was given admission in liberal art and science general studies because the course i applied for was not available by then so she had to pen down something for me on my I-20, but on my arrival at the school im going to switch to course i choose. But the case now is when im asked by the vo "why do You choose this course" (liberal art and science general studies) what will i reply please or should i pick up a point on liberal art and science general studies and tell the vo would tell the vo im specializing on Education does that makes sense need help my interview is fast approaching. Gurus please help

Do you now see that some U.S school are just what they are?......... for money and population!

Don't stress yourself about liberal art and science. That's just like faculty of science or art or social science as it's used in Nigeria. Just know what's general studies is because you might be asked questions about your department rather than the school your department falls.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Jchi9876: 6:40pm On May 08, 2015
anyone travelling to the USA in 1/2 weeks?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by dicapino: 6:50pm On May 08, 2015
[quote author=haffikem post=33510691][/quote]

Congrats
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by glitter24(m): 7:14pm On May 08, 2015
Thanks for your reply im gratful, so i shouldn't tell the vo about the change of course issue by school but rather get ready to answer questions about general studies and also tell them what i will gain from studying general studies right

Do you now see that some U.S school are just what they are?......... for money and population!

Don't stress yourself about liberal art and science. That's just like faculty of science or art or social science as it's used in Nigeria. Just know what's general studies is because you might be asked questions about your department rather than the school your department falls.[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) (497) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.