Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,989 members, 7,821,444 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (80) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868912 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by amanze15(m): 9:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
I just made payment for late application @ MST, I need a swift courier service apart from NIPoST, pls house help a brother out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 10:01pm On Sep 30, 2014
charzyh2:
can he stay with a family at a nearby town (45mins drive to Chicago)?
sure! Which FAM is that bro?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 10:04pm On Sep 30, 2014
My school resumes early January, but I intend to spend some good time with my uncle in California for December, then move to Chicago (my school) by January. I hope there won't be any problem about that @ the POE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by efiyefaa: 10:04pm On Sep 30, 2014
oh boy be glad o mine took more than a month!
godG: Gaskia, NIPOST make sense sha! 10 working days ago, posted a document to the US with just #500 and now the receipt has been acknowledged.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by efiyefaa: 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2014
@meek pie congrats Gurus in the house please help out I requested my transcript from NOUN since 05 AUG till date my school still hasn't received it. they are offering to accept a scanned copy because the deadline is close, but noun is refusing to give me directly. the last i heard they said they sent it out on the 15th of Sept! please does anybody have any idea how long it will take to get there? they did not even agree to disclose the shipping method like it was on sacred secret.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 10:11pm On Sep 30, 2014
amanze15: I just made payment for late application @ MST, I need a swift courier service apart from NIPoST, pls house help a brother out
Dhl, FedEx, UPS, EmS, TNT. These are good courier companies that deliver parcels in 3days. I always use DHL. I enjoy their services wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 10:18pm On Sep 30, 2014
meekpie: Here's a partial transcript for your perusal sirs

Me: Good Morning

V.O: Good morning

. . . Long pause, lasted about 1 and half minutes or so, but seemed longer. The V.O seemed to be reading some information on his computer and typing very fast. I also used this opportunity to arrange my documents a little bit better. . . Finally he started asking questions;

He asked about my course and why I decided to go and study it, He asked about how I applied. . .If I wrote the GRE,
If I applied to any other schools,
Who's paying for my school,
Asked to see account statement,
Asked if I've been in the US before right? (Rhetorical). . . Went on to ask how long was the longest time I stayed during my trips to the US. . .

Finally, he reached to his right while saying to me "soo your Visa is approved, pick it up next week after the holidays". . .He also slid my I-20 back to me and said "You'll need this". . . All took less than 5 minutes I think. I said thank you very much and left. . .

Sorry about the shortened form folks, I'm pretty busy at work. It really didn't take very long at all even though it seems like the questions are quite a few. . .

Thanks to everyone in here. God bless you all.
welcome on board

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by cutelekush01: 10:19pm On Sep 30, 2014
How much does DHL charged you/ I will be sendiny my Transcript soon

teddyrain: Dhl, FedEx, UPS, EmS, TNT. These are good courier companies that deliver parcels in 3days. I always use DHL. I enjoy their services wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 10:25pm On Sep 30, 2014
meekpie: Here's a partial transcript for your perusal sirs

Me: Good Morning

V.O: Good morning

. . . Long pause, lasted about 1 and half minutes or so, but seemed longer. The V.O seemed to be reading some information on his computer and typing very fast. I also used this opportunity to arrange my documents a little bit better. . . Finally he started asking questions;

He asked about my course and why I decided to go and study it, He asked about how I applied. . .If I wrote the GRE,
If I applied to any other schools,
Who's paying for my school,
Asked to see account statement,
Asked if I've been in the US before right? (Rhetorical). . . Went on to ask how long was the longest time I stayed during my trips to the US. . .

Finally, he reached to his right while saying to me "soo your Visa is approved, pick it up next week after the holidays". . .He also slid my I-20 back to me and said "You'll need this". . . All took less than 5 minutes I think. I said thank you very much and left. . .

Sorry about the shortened form folks, I'm pretty busy at work. It really didn't take very long at all even though it seems like the questions are quite a few. . .

Thanks to everyone in here. God bless you all.
Big congratulations bro. See you at the top. Go and succeed

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by innovativeame(m): 10:31pm On Sep 30, 2014
cutelekush01:
How much does DHL charged you/ I will be sendiny my Transcript soon

I sent mine for #12800. However, if your school is sending it directly it's kinda cheaper with a difference of 2800. A friend paid 10k to my school for shipping, same DHL though.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by repsin(m): 10:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
teddyrain: My school resumes early January, but I intend to spend some good time with my uncle in California for December, then move to Chicago (my school) by January. I hope there won't be any problem about that @ the POE?
so far you don't arrive more than 30days before your resumption.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 11:15pm On Sep 30, 2014
decreamaster:
........d first cold DAT welcomed me was noting to write home about.immediately,my ears,nose,hands and feet were super cold as if am in a freezer.......

This part must be a joke of the century.

The lowest so far is today 19 degree Celsius and it's due to the cloudy and sprinkling light rain.

All past weeks it was around 20 to 25 degree Celsius.

That's not cold, check your health....... flight sickness probably.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 11:17pm On Sep 30, 2014
decreamaster: Hello everyone,
Its not easy here o my people,am missing my families,nija food,my babe,almost everything.
This guys here ave to listen carefully before the can hear a word am saying.meeen,am just so sick now.
Pls ooo,how long can someone stay before getting married to a us citizen here o.

Really?! undecided

As for your question, anytime but if your application proves bogus, green approval is between 3 months to infinite years.

So, take it easy and never lick hot soup in haste.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 11:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
@meekpie,

Congrats!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 11:34pm On Sep 30, 2014
cutelekush01: Actually my Prospective school doesnt require evaluation just trying to figure out what it looks like to get the conversion and also my chance of being admitted due to high applicant....I will bluetooth my fav food which is Black Amala to you...Your comments on here in a matured way and i think you should be a good example to other guys on here..please do not relent in helping the needy on here..I hail all of una wey dey help us for here most especially my very own Bigfrancis, his responses are quite impressive even more than what you could get from all those USA schools..No be hype oo but the truth.Respect to Joenice,Imperioxx,Repsin,my little friend Domexx and those that are not mentioned...Imperiouxx i hail thee for saving me fro using ************* i rest my case till that day im gonna echo it out.

I can't remember what I did anymore.

Anyways, cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by charzyh2: 12:27am On Oct 01, 2014
teddyrain: sure! Which FAM is that bro?
I'm a close family friend to them. He won't regret his stay.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 1:35am On Oct 01, 2014
pls dos who recently registered for gre, did paypal process d payment for some days,,cos afta i paid some few mins back,,i received a mail form paypal about my order,,nd im yet to receive my confirmation nuumber from ets
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 4:44am On Oct 01, 2014
Tekecoms1: Someone told me to go the British embassy to buy it.... pls how true is it? And how sure am i to get it at ikoyi as u have said.

Yes you can get it there and its true
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 5:25am On Oct 01, 2014
ridimic1: pls dos who recently registered for gre, did paypal process d payment for some days,,cos afta i paid some few mins back,,i received a mail form paypal about my order,,nd im yet to receive my confirmation nuumber from ets
Confirmation with paypal could last for 24 hours. So relax

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 8:26am On Oct 01, 2014
Dot1:
Confirmation with paypal could last for 24 hours. So relax

but im yet to receive confirmation from ets,,,wen i registered ..it displayed dat de cudnt process my request.. but paypal is processing my payment.....can i register again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
@ridimic...Check if the sum has been deducted from your account(gtb or whichever one u used). When your registration excercise is successful, there ought to b a response showing ur confirmation order,payment type,amt blah blah, so there is nothing ambiguous abt knwing if u av paid or nt. I registered last month and it was pretty straightforward. Where I had a little hitch was during the verification of my email address on paypal. Since u av gone beyond dt stage, i dnt expect u to av much wahala. By the way,hope u av ur intl passport or plan on procuring one soon?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by opad(m): 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
Friends, October 31 is deadline for many universities for spring which I intend enrolling for Master's. Most require WES transcript evaluation which I've been processing for about 3 months now, you know how our uni's are. I learnt it would be ready next week, then I'll despatch to DHL straight to WES. Considering the processing times of contacting my Uni etc, October 31 might not be feasible I fear.
I currently have a copy of the transcript addressed to Unilag. Are there Grad schools that accept Scanned transcript addressed to other institution just to get admission. I emailed one of my univ of choice and requested a WES transcript.
Kindly provide any university that accepts scanned ones just for admittance before issuing the I-20 letter.
Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Folarge06(m): 5:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
opad: Friends, October 31 is deadline for many universities for spring which I intend enrolling for Master's. Most require WES transcript evaluation which I've been processing for about 3 months now, you know how our uni's are. I learnt it would be ready next week, then I'll despatch to DHL straight to WES. Considering the processing times of contacting my Uni etc, October 31 might not be feasible I fear.
I currently have a copy of the transcript addressed to Unilag. Are there Grad schools that accept Scanned transcript addressed to other institution just to get admission. I emailed one of my univ of choice and requested a WES transcript.
Kindly provide any university that accepts scanned ones just for admittance before issuing the I-20 letter.
Thanks.
you can try UCO...they accept scanned copies.but you just have to be fast about it.Considering the deadline date.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
Folarge06, why not look for school with rolling admission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by godG: 5:31pm On Oct 01, 2014
opad: Friends, October 31 is deadline for many universities for spring which I intend enrolling for Master's. Most require WES transcript evaluation which I've been processing for about 3 months now, you know how our uni's are. I learnt it would be ready next week, then I'll despatch to DHL straight to WES. Considering the processing times of contacting my Uni etc, October 31 might not be feasible I fear.
Thanks.

Sorry about that. A few schools do accept scanned documents. Sadly, I can't remember any. People in he house go help. Coupled with what other will give you, a few minutes of search on the Internet will give you great results.

But sir, if I may ask, which school is using 3 months to process your transcripts? Are you applying for the first time? Even if you are, it shouldn't take more than a month, in the worst instance. Some schools need recalibration!

The challenge is that a school that took forever to give you your transcripts might take eternity to reply WES' verification mail. WES isn't the issue, usually, it is the lackadaisical, corrupt and lazy attitudes of staffs of the exams and records units of our universities. May God deliver us from us.

Contrarily, my first transcripts application took just 2 weeks and subsequent copies are always gotten in a day or 2.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Ctemi(f): 5:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
Thanks.
why not look for school with rolling admission.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 5:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
teddyrain: My school resumes early January, but I intend to spend some good time with my uncle in California for December, then move to Chicago (my school) by January. I hope there won't be any problem about that @ the POE?
get a ticket for California to Chicago. it is an evidence that you truly going back to Chicago.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 5:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
congrats meekpie grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 6:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
imperiouxx:

This part must be a joke of the century.

The lowest so far is today 19 degree Celsius and it's due to the cloudy and sprinkling light rain.

All past weeks it was around 20 to 25 degree Celsius.

That's not cold, check your health....... flight sickness probably.
na wa o, i never see any breeze for Texas not to talk of cold. its so hot here. lowest during the day is 75degree Fahrenheit
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 6:01pm On Oct 01, 2014
tayoamos: Pls can someone take a leave of absence for 2 years or more to enable him work and gather money for subsequent programmes after the first year of a master programme in the USA
NOP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 6:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
Stewee: Where you been @Zeezahbee
Been ringing you up but one funny chinko babe always answers. I've changed my number tho. T-Mobile cannot come and finish my money.
BROUHAHA, I lost my phone and after i retrieved the line, na mexican language abi na Spanish but you can call back, its available now
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by imperiouxx(m): 6:23pm On Oct 01, 2014
zeezahbee: na wa o, i never see any breeze for Texas not to talk of cold. its so hot here. lowest during the day is 75degree Fahrenheit

Yea, it was hot everywhere. 72 is still nice, there was a time in the summer last year when TX was around 100+

When yours was at 72 degree Fahrenheit, that of NY was at 70 degree Fahrenheit. It's been cloudy and sprinkling since Monday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.