Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (868986 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (502) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by olusola009: 6:50pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hello house,

My GRE exam is on friday 3rd October, kindly assist me with the neccesary things to take along (CBT). Tho I know about international passport and I have that already.

Regards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Stewee(m): 7:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
zeezahbee: BROUHAHA, I lost my phone and after i retrieved the line, na mexican language abi na Spanish but you can call back, its available now

Oh LOL
So sorry about your phone. How you manage?
I go call you later.
Stay Blessed!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 7:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
sirRiddy: @ridimic...Check if the sum has been deducted from your account(gtb or whichever one u used). When your registration excercise is successful, there ought to b a response showing ur confirmation order,payment type,amt blah blah, so there is nothing ambiguous abt knwing if u av paid or nt. I registered last month and it was pretty straightforward. Where I had a little hitch was during the verification of my email address on paypal. Since u av gone beyond dt stage, i dnt expect u to av much wahala. By the way,hope u av ur intl passport or plan on procuring one soon?

THKS boss

i received an international transaction notification fr gtb dat d 195 dollar has been authorised on my account...dats all.....den i just received an email from ets ''Your payment failed. No money has or will be withdrawn from your account. You will need to place a new order. For further assistance, please contact the TOEFL call center at the number below.''
so maybe i will try re-registtering
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by opad(m): 9:07pm On Oct 01, 2014
godG:

Sorry about that. A few schools do accept scanned documents. Sadly, I can't remember any. People in he house go help. Coupled with what other will give you, a few minutes of search on the Internet will give you great results.

But sir, if I may ask, which school is using 3 months to process your transcripts? Are you applying for the first time? Even if you are, it shouldn't take more than a month, in the worst instance. Some schools need recalibration!

The challenge is that a school that took forever to give you your transcripts might take eternity to reply WES' verification mail. WES isn't the issue, usually, it is the lackadaisical, corrupt and lazy attitudes of staffs of the exams and records units of our universities. May God deliver us from us.

Contrarily, my first transcripts application took just 2 weeks and subsequent copies are always gotten in a day or 2.

I can't agree less my brother, i had to stop complaining, it's been frustrating. It's supposed to be a subsequent copy which shouldn't take 24hours. They just resumed from an internal strike they had. I'm optimistic I get it next week.
I've made searches but didn't get much.
Thanks ctemi, I'll check usnews for that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Temmynitemmy(m): 9:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
olusola009: Hello house,

My GRE exam is on friday 3rd October, kindly assist me with the neccesary things to take along (CBT). Tho I know about international passport and I have that already.

Regards.

@ All, Kindly reply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by opad(m): 9:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
Folarge06: you can try UCO...they accept scanned copies.but you just have to be fast about it.Considering the deadline date.

Thanks much, I'll check it out.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 10:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
zeezahbee: get a ticket for California to Chicago. it is an evidence that you truly going back to Chicago.
if someone wants to transfer to another school and the school you want to transfer to opens February 2nd while the present school on visa resumes January 7th for spring, what's the possibility?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by fashbaba: 10:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
hello house, want to ask the minimum amount that could be in a statement of account for someone that is on scholarship when he/she want to face the VO?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 10:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
Any homie around Chicago or any other city in Illinois?
Any nigga in California holla Asap!
cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 10:33pm On Oct 01, 2014
fashbaba: hello house, want to ask the minimum amount that could be in a statement of account for someone that is on scholarship when he/she want to face the VO?
Are you on full scholarship or part? If part, then the statement must cover your first year fees at least or even better, more. If you are on full, shocked then have some good money in there too, cos the VO might want to still see you have a plan B even if the scholarship is withdrawn.
My 2 cents wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sleemgeez: 11:21pm On Oct 01, 2014
Temmynitemmy:

@ All, Kindly reply.
International passport is all u need but u can also go alongside wit the exam ticket or print d confirmation mail sent to u by ets. All d best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by sleemgeez: 11:25pm On Oct 01, 2014

Regards.
International passport is all u need but u can also go alongside wit the exam ticket or print d confirmation mail sent to u by ets. All d best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by zeezahbee(f): 11:34pm On Oct 01, 2014
teddyrain: if someone wants to transfer to another school and the school you want to transfer to opens February 2nd while the present school on visa resumes January 7th for spring, what's the possibility?
its no big deal, just make sure you arrive before jan 7 and go straight to your new school to check in. thats all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
ok...good luck. hope you have your international passport for id at the test center?
ridimic1:

THKS boss

i received an international transaction notification fr gtb dat d 195 dollar has been authorised on my account...dats all.....den i just received an email from ets ''Your payment failed. No money has or will be withdrawn from your account. You will need to place a new order. For further assistance, please contact the TOEFL call center at the number below.''
so maybe i will try re-registtering
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by teddyrain(m): 11:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
zeezahbee: its no big deal, just make sure you arrive before jan 7 and go straight to your new school to check in. thats all
how? My new school is opening february. While the school on my visa is January 7 for spring
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Morris(m): 11:47pm On Oct 01, 2014
opad: Friends, October 31 is deadline for many universities for spring which I intend enrolling for Master's. Most require WES transcript evaluation which I've been processing for about 3 months now, you know how our uni's are. I learnt it would be ready next week, then I'll despatch to DHL straight to WES. Considering the processing times of contacting my Uni etc, October 31 might not be feasible I fear.
I currently have a copy of the transcript addressed to Unilag. Are there Grad schools that accept Scanned transcript addressed to other institution just to get admission. I emailed one of my univ of choice and requested a WES transcript.
Kindly provide any university that accepts scanned ones just for admittance before issuing the I-20 letter.
Thanks.
try north Carolina a &t uni and Colorado school of mines.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by JabinodelaRatta(m): 12:02am On Oct 02, 2014
meekpie: Visa approved this morning @ Lagos. Bless God.
congrats

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Snazzygirl: 12:17am On Oct 02, 2014
teddyrain: if someone wants to transfer to another school and the school you want to transfer to opens February 2nd while the present school on visa resumes January 7th for spring, what's the possibility?

My two cents....notify your international counselor you are having difficulties booking a travel date, but u will be in school soon. travel to the states after the 3rd of January, so you don't flout the rule that says "students shouldn't come to the states 30 days before school resumes". Its better to be safe than sorry. Once you get to the states, initiate I-20 transfer immediately. I-20 transfer is a fast process; it is only tedious if your school wants to punish you and not release u. Finis!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by ridimic1: 12:31am On Oct 02, 2014
chai..i have regstered up to 4 times n stil no display of confirmation code by ets...cud der b something wrong with ets because my paypal always send me emails on d payment transaction. and dat de r processing it...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 1:22am On Oct 02, 2014
opad: Friends, October 31 is deadline for many universities for spring which I intend enrolling for Master's. Most require WES transcript evaluation which I've been processing for about 3 months now, you know how our uni's are. I learnt it would be ready next week, then I'll despatch to DHL straight to WES. Considering the processing times of contacting my Uni etc, October 31 might not be feasible I fear.
I currently have a copy of the transcript addressed to Unilag. Are there Grad schools that accept Scanned transcript addressed to other institution just to get admission. I emailed one of my univ of choice and requested a WES transcript.
Kindly provide any university that accepts scanned ones just for admittance before issuing the I-20 letter.
Thanks.
I know University of delaware and University of north carolina both accept scanned transcripts, but I don't know if their applications are still on?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Dot1(m): 1:36am On Oct 02, 2014

Regards.
Edited
You should also go with your Ets confirmation mail. Writing materials would be provided at the venue. You only go into the test room with those.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by olusola009: 1:42am On Oct 02, 2014
Dot1:
That's about all you need. Writing materials would be provided at the venue. You only go into the test room with your passport & writing materials given.

Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by olusola009: 1:51am On Oct 02, 2014
sleemgeez:

Thank you sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by profdot(m): 6:46am On Oct 02, 2014
please house, do I need to obtain a new international passport? as my passport expires next august(2015)and am planning on going to the embassy latest by November for student visa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 02, 2014
profdot: please house, do I need to obtain a new international passport? as my passport expires next august(2015)and am planning on going to the embassy latest by November for student visa.
Not really. Everything's in order. Go ahead with your embassy stuff. Afterwards, you renew your passport before travelling out. Wishing you the best of luck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by domex007: 8:26am On Oct 02, 2014
Goodday friends,
Please I will like a format of recommendation letter.
I wanna to apply to another school in New Jersey but they asked that I submit a recommendation letter from my high school teachers.
I need a format of the recommendation letter.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by profdot(m): 8:35am On Oct 02, 2014
Joenice: Not really. Everything's in order. Go ahead with your embassy stuff. Afterwards, you renew your passport before travelling out. Wishing you the best of luck.

thanks . I really appreciate.
read in this forum-think part 2- that the CO will not put a 2yr visa on a passport tha it'll soon expire. just to clear my doubts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 9:01am On Oct 02, 2014
profdot: please house, do I need to obtain a new international passport? as my passport expires next august(2015)and am planning on going to the embassy latest by November for student visa.

You can only renew your International passport 6 months to expiring date..

If you stay in Lagos, You can renew it either Ikoyi or Alausa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Walspring: 9:03am On Oct 02, 2014
profdot:

read in this forum-think part 2- that the CO will not put a 2yr visa on a passport tha it'll soon expire. just to clear my doubts.

Only If its not less than 6 months...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:17am On Oct 02, 2014
profdot:

h
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 02, 2014
profdot:

Certainly not. It's strictly 2 years multiple entry visa for Nigerians if you're applying from home, while Chinese is 1 year and Indians are 10 years depending on your application status. Aren't you applying from home? Where are you right now?

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (502)

Lets Talk About Estonia / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.