Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment (43268 Views)

Abayomi Olonisakin Storm Germany For Summit (Photos) / President Buhari Travels To Germany With Fashola, Dambazau / Buhari Flown Abroad For Prostate Cancer Checkup - The Herald (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Adetula1(m): 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2014
omenka: This remains the ONLY REASON why our hospitals will forever remain in shambles!!!

I hope he lives till next valentine so he can be given the humiliation he deserves. Afterwards, he can go jump off Everest for all I care!
would u have said same if he was your father? taking hatred to the extreme .....mtchewwwwww
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Nobody: 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2014
lovinhubby2wife: my guy even if we procure such facilities as stated by you, it is still not safe for him. I bet you, no president from nigeria would want to risk his/her life considering the level of reasoning among our politicians.

then they better surrender their residency of the said nation...How can you lead a nation and not be confident in the people of that same nation...so basically the Nigerians who go to Nigerian hospitals are what!!! He is the leader of the nation and if he is showing us how much he does not trust our medical facilities,why cant he fix it?? or is that not part of why he is president?and this goes to all Nigerian leaders,not just PDP or APC thieves who basically just want t milk the nation dry and do nothing to build it...all the millions seized from Abacha's family is enough to build 20 state of the art modern 25th century hospitals but nooooooooooooooooooooooooo...they will share the money and fly out of the country to get treatment while the masses suffer and the same suffering masses help the looters justify why they should keep on impoverishing them...you doubt me...see all those saying it is a good thing..without noticing how low they make their country look and tomorrow they will be shouting NAIJA till I die

8 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by goodgood2(m): 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2014
egbaguy: I usually pity jonathan............dude is fucking stressed up per second. Why not take some days off,go for a vacation. U are dying slowly guy!!!! Get well soon and go back to otueke come next year

Sorry, dude. No vacancy in Aso Rock. Gej till 2019.

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by onatisi(m): 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2014
Adetula1: would u have said same if he was your father? taking hatred to the extreme .....mtchewwwwww
don't mind that dummb goat.
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by LordCenturion(m): 1:16pm On Aug 23, 2014
AFRICA, home of E-B-O-L-A

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by goodgood2(m): 1:19pm On Aug 23, 2014
Pataki: Retardeeeen, please don't die yet oh!

I want to see you end up in kirikiri. After that, you are free to kick the bucket in prison.

This dude needs to undergo psychiatric evaluation.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by dalhat14(m): 1:19pm On Aug 23, 2014
What if Angela Merkel had sacked a large chunk of her doctors?

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by vislabraye(m): 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2014
Billyonaire: The Young man has been overstretached by Nigeria"s myriads of chronic problems occassioned by the Oligarchs who bastardize the collective wells and wealth of the common-man. Jonathan must stay alive to revamp the destinies of children who have no shoes, and capitalists that know no joy.

We are in this mess together. Jonathan must not give up. The common need of man is happiness but greed has made us suffer. We have forgotten our core destinies.

GEJ till I see another choice, as a matter of facts, GEJ till 2019.

Berem, go back to bed, your nemesis is here.

He will get better. Nigeria needs him. All those APC guys praying against his health will be disappointed.
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Ahmeduana(m): 1:24pm On Aug 23, 2014
[quote author=ceo4eva] LEADERSHIP authoritatively gathered yesterday that the president actually took ill and left for Germany to seek medical care.
AND SO? KINI BIG DEAL?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by karkel(m): 1:25pm On Aug 23, 2014
DE GUD LORD SHALL SEE YOU THRU.......................QUICK RECOVERING

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Amack(m): 1:26pm On Aug 23, 2014
Maybe na ordinary malaria.
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by maestroferddi: 1:28pm On Aug 23, 2014
phantom:

you are the one sounding preposterous. what does APC have to do with the doctors strike? you said it,not me. the burden of proof is on you.
by the time one begins to reduce everything to PDP-APC, they have often times run out of ideas.
leave the NMA wahala,and prove to the rest of us how NMA has become APC, otherwise you are just another e-thug that should be relegated to the background.
I can see that you are not informed.

For your information, I followed the mediation by the National Assembly on the resolution of the strike/impasse.

I witnessed the negotiations/sittings among the representatives of NMA/NARD; the Director, Budget Office - Dr Bright Okogwu; the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Mr Linus Awute; the Minister of Labour and Productivity - Chief Emeka Wogu; the National Assembly led by Hon Ndudi Elumelu and other stakeholders.

In the above parley it was explained to the doctors the fiscal and budgetary impossibility of acquiscing to their demands at this stage of the fiscal year.

The government made several immediate concessions while praying the doctors to await the beginning of the next fiscal year for budgetary provisions to be made to capture their new demands.

There and then, the doctors agreed in principle after seeing the true picture of things. All the negotiating parties left the sitting happy that the strike soon would be called of.

But when the doctors went back to their constituency, unseen hands got to work. They became unduly intransigent and unreasonable, rendering all the time and resources expended to reach a truce futile.

I am sure it was the unseen hands that cajole them of the availability of non-existent powers. They forgot that when push comes to shove, the government would default to the position of an employer.

Please tell us why the NMA president resigned amidst the strike...

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by vislabraye(m): 1:28pm On Aug 23, 2014
milehigh06:

then they better surrender their residency of the said nation...How can you lead a nation and not be confident in the people of that same nation...so basically the Nigerians who go to Nigerian hospitals are what!!! He is the leader of the nation and if he is showing us how much he does not trust our medical facilities,why cant he fix it?? or is that not part of why he is president?and this goes to all Nigerian leaders,not just PDP or APC thieves who basically just want t milk the nation dry and do nothing to build it...all the millions seized from Abacha's family is enough to build 20 state of the art modern 25th century hospitals but nooooooooooooooooooooooooo...they will share the money and fly out of the country to get treatment while the masses suffer and the same suffering masses help the looters justify why they should keep on impoverishing them...you doubt me...see all those saying it is a good thing..without noticing how low they make their country look and tomorrow they will be shouting NAIJA till I die

Doesn't Tinubu travel abroad for treatment. Which APC top shot stay at home to treat themselves. Because its GEJ, its now news. Abeg let's be openminded.

5 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 23, 2014
vislabraye:

He will get better. Nigeria needs him. All those APC guys praying against his health will be disappointed.
The fact still remains, that Jonathan will win 2015 whether he contest as flag bearer of PDP, or as flag bearer of APC, even as an independent candidate without a party. The reason is that there is no formidable, principled, intelligent opposition. APC is worst than any party ever registered in the History of this country, and anyone still holding APC membership card is holding a one-way ticket to badluck, yes, badluck is the clear opposite of Goodluck.

You are either standing for Goodluck, or falling for badluck. The choice is yours, people.

3 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by VantagePoint: 1:35pm On Aug 23, 2014
maestroferddi: Quite true that we should be using our internal resources.

But our doctors should also shun dabbling into partisan politics.

In Germany doctors remain doctors and not tools being manipulated by opposition elements to undermine the government.

Nigerian doctors really need to sit up. It is not only Jonathan as most Nigerians would readily patronise foreign doctors were it not for cost considerations.

It is goes beyond attacking dissenting opinions...
There's only so much one can do in the absence of an enabling environment.
There are actually good private hospitals in Lagos where Mr.President can get quality care. However, quality care is expensive. Training of doctors in residency and specialty programs is expensive. Sophisticated medical equipment and procedures are expensive.
Successive governments have shown us that they don't really care about the health sector in this country, precisely because they can AFFORD to travel abroad for healthcare.
The few centres that can raise capital to build private world class hospitals are few in the country. They have to recoup their investment so they're expensive (even abroad).Nevertheless, healthy competition will invariably force down cost of healthcare. And this is why the healthcare sector should be privatized. Enough of all this JOHESU, NMA bickering.
Cuba may be classed as a developing country, but its healthcare system is to be rivaled in the world, largely due to the efforts of Castro and Che, who was a doctor.
It is unthinkable that Obama or Merkel would seek healthcare outside their countries.
Mandela was cared for in South African hospital.
Pope John Paul II in an Italian hospital.
Argentine president de Kirchener hsd surgery in an Argentine hospital.
And the list goes on and on.
Doctors and other healthcare providers cannot fund healthcare for 160 million people from their own pockets. Government is made up of people who fall sick too, and you can't eat your cake and have it.

4 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Abba999(f): 1:41pm On Aug 23, 2014
omenka: This remains the ONLY REASON why our hospitals will forever remain in shambles!!!

I hope he lives till next valentine so he can be given the humiliation he deserves. Afterwards, he can go jump off Everest for all I care!

shocked Ekwensu di n'ime gi grin

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by lyntiffany(f): 1:43pm On Aug 23, 2014
Pataki: Retardeeeen, please don't die yet oh!

I want to see you end up in kirikiri. After that, you are free to kick the bucket in prison.
I wonder how some people reason in this life what if you die before him? Don't wish people death cause it might come sooner than you think upon you.
To my president wish you quick recovery.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Nobody: 1:45pm On Aug 23, 2014
maybe he has Ebola..he's going for zeemaP
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by benzion72(m): 1:49pm On Aug 23, 2014
After sacking 16000 Nigerian Doctors in training God dey oooooooooo
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 23, 2014
Please is Mikel starting today?
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by benghaziii: 1:54pm On Aug 23, 2014
there was a time,it was d education sector that was affected... (ASUU. WENT ON STRIKE AND LECTURERS WERE SACKED).. Today,is d health sector...everything is turn by turn....if u like praise Gej..fr a step wrongly taken...
is gonna dawned on u guyz soon.
Vote him in 2015.. and u shall feel d heat...

no sane president will ever sack doctors

6 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by vital94(m): 1:54pm On Aug 23, 2014
best president get well soon,we are strongly with you
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Oduduwaboy(m): 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2014
Kingsley1000: Wish him quick recuperation.but wetin happen to our hospitals here,why germany?....that money u people lavish on medical care oversea make una use am develop our own to world standard
Its like the blackman may forever serve the white race even despite our so-called independence!
Health care does not come cheap on those countries o!

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Diamondwriter(m): 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2014
I can see lots of sadness and frustration oozing out here. I hope u haters soon realize that ur hate is never going to make GEJ less greater than he is.
Get well soon Nigeria's presido!!!

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Diamondwriter(m): 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2014
benghaziii: there was a time,it was d education sector that was affected... (ASUU. WENT ON STRIKE AND LECTURERS WERE SACKED).. Today,is d health sector...everything is turn by turn....if u like praise Gej..fr a step wrongly taken...
is gonna dawned on u guyz soon.
Vote him in 2015.. and u shall feel d heat...

no sane president will ever sack doctors
i guess fashola isn't sane then

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by shaks97(m): 1:59pm On Aug 23, 2014
Billyonaire: The Young man has been overstretached by Nigeria"s myriads of chronic problems occassioned by the Oligarchs who bastardize the collective wells and wealth of the common-man. Jonathan must stay alive to revamp the destinies of children who have no shoes, and capitalists that know no joy.

We are in this mess together. Jonathan must not give up. The common need of man is happiness but greed has made us suffer. We have forgotten our core destinies.

GEJ till I see another choice, as a matter of facts, GEJ till 2019.

Berem, go back to bed, your nemesis is here.
English teacher sir!!!!! I greet uu bros

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:00pm On Aug 23, 2014
VantagePoint:
There's only so much one can do in the absence of an enabling environment.
There are actually good private hospitals in Lagos where Mr.President can get quality care. However, quality care is expensive. Training of doctors in residency and specialty programs is expensive. Sophisticated medical equipment and procedures are expensive.
Successive governments have shown us that they don't really care about the health sector in this country, precisely because they can AFFORD to travel abroad for healthcare.
The few centres that can raise capital to build private world class hospitals are few in the country. They have to recoup their investment so they're expensive (even abroad).Nevertheless, healthy competition will invariably force down cost of healthcare. And this is why the healthcare sector should be privatized. Enough of all this JOHESU, NMA bickering.
Cuba may be classed as a developing country, but its healthcare system is to be rivaled in the world, largely due to the efforts of Castro and Che, who was a doctor.
It is unthinkable that Obama or Merkel would seek healthcare outside their countries.
Mandela was cared for in South African hospital.
Pope John Paul II in an Italian hospital.
Argentine president de Kirchener hsd surgery in an Argentine hospital.
And the list goes on and on.
Doctors and other healthcare providers cannot fund healthcare for 160 million people from their own pockets. Government is made up of people who fall sick too, and you can't eat your cake and have it.
...how many people have the ability to digest this wonderful analysis?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by majekobaje1: 2:05pm On Aug 23, 2014
Braking news : president badluck EBOLA jonathan don finally carry EBOLA virus but wait oooo be like say his wife prophetic has finally come to pas ( my fellow w***) na ur dead body dem go carry come 4rm germany like ur oga @ de top yaradua b4 Naija contact EBOLA virus 4rm u
Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by okechukwu3: 2:05pm On Aug 23, 2014
Every force of darkness wanting to pull down Goodluck Ebele Nwa Jonathan
What are you waiting for?
Die die die!!
Amen and Amen my sister......this Goodluck Ebele Jonathan shall not die!

AMEN

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 23, 2014
vislabraye:

Doesn't Tinubu travel abroad for treatment. Which APC top shot stay at home to treat themselves. Because its GEJ, its now news. Abeg let's be openminded.

did you read? did you not see me call both AP and PDP politicians thieves and btwe...Tinubu is not the president of Nigeria but a private citizen thus can do whatever he likes and same goes for any political leader who is not governor or president or in power...they are all guilty of it and my point is it has to stop for when our leaders dont value our medical facilities,why should we?

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by phantom(m): 2:08pm On Aug 23, 2014
maestroferddi: I can see that you are not informed.

For your information, I followed the mediation by the National Assembly on the resolution of the strike/impasse.

I witnessed the negotiations/sittings among the representatives of NMA/NARD; the Director, Budget Office - Dr Bright Okogwu; the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Health, Mr Linus Awute; the Minister of Labour and Productivity - Chief Emeka Wogu; the National Assembly led by Hon Ndudi Elumelu and other stakeholders.

In the above parley it was explained to the doctors the fiscal and budgetary impossibility of acquiscing to their demands at this stage of the fiscal year.

The government made several immediate concessions while praying the doctors to await the beginning of the next fiscal year for budgetary provisions to be made to capture their new demands.

There and then, the doctors agreed in principle after seeing the true picture of things. All the negotiating parties left the sitting happy that the strike soon would be called of.

But when the doctors went back to their constituency, unseen hands got to work. They became unduly intransigent and unreasonable, rendering all the time and resources expended to reach a truce futile.

I am sure it was the unseen hands that cajole them of the availability of non-existent powers. They forgot that when push comes to shove, the government would default to the position of an employer.

Please tell us why the NMA president resigned amidst the strike...

dude have you had a lobectomy stop going on and on and tell us how NMA=APC.
I won't indulge you any further. its obvious arguing with you Is like scooping water with a basket.

nma is APC - maestrofferdi. .....

2 Likes

Re: President Jonathan Sick, Flown to Germany for Urgent Medical Treatment by lyntiffany(f): 2:08pm On Aug 23, 2014
hakanai: If true then Allah grant him good health. people in this country have lost it truly. someone maybe sick but all people can wish the person is misery. someone is killed and all we can wish him is damnation or more deaths. people cry for help and all we do is rejoice or jubilate. Are we as Nigerians still humans? pray its not true.

Best wishes and good health Mr Presido.
sai APC and remain so.but above all we are all humans!!! we should care for each other.
You must be a nice person. like your post.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bayo Omoboriowo Meets Barack Obama (Photo) / Pictures Of PDP Presidential Campaign In Ondo State / Photos From Buhari Celebrating His Victory With Other APC Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.