Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,586 members, 7,837,214 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process - Education (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process (555841 Views)

JAMB Fixes Date For 2016 UTME… See Full Details / IGNORE All 2023 WAEC, NECO, UTME Score Upgrade And Admission Assistance Threads / 2015/2016 Yabatech Admission,post Utme And Screening Processes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by ellguapo: 9:43am On Nov 13, 2014
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by Knownpal(m): 11:31am On Nov 13, 2014
bukie26:
Abt 50%. Although m gonna fill ui in jamb

Okay, just be careful while filling.
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by bukie26(f): 1:03pm On Nov 13, 2014
Jeez! U are d real scammer..c pot callin kettle black o..dz guy posted smtin abt gettin scholarship to study abroad with just 10000naira and dat u'll still get d scholarship even without passin d exam... He sed he's studyin pol sci in uk and nw he's sayin he bot ijmb form bla bla bla..jeez u r a big scammer . Worst part is u will payt d 10000naira into hz acc o..
josephabidoye3:
Omo I fear naija ooo so you guys still scam your self instead of helping your self for ijmb and admission, its not Good ooo you people fear God.
This is for all those seeking admission in any university or polythenic in Nigeria no need to wait for waec or jamb again cos Ijmb is out and good you get admission into 200L in any institution in nigeria the form can be purchased in AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY KADUNA or in IBADAN POLY I Got my Ijmb form from polythenic ibadan cos Ijmb have a list of polythenice that they accept for 10,000 Naira and I did my exam in febuary 2013 and am true from Ijmb so I choose Oau (Obafemi awolowo university) and I was admitted to 200 level nairalandas don't pay any body or organisation to get the form for you cos they wil say you should go to their website and download it after paying to their account and you will not find anytin there wen you call their fone it will say switch off, Mind you Ijam does not have any special site like ijmb@naija.org or ijmbnaija.org its only .org
I Got my form in The polythenic ibadan and I paid 10, 000 Naira and I got the form immidiately I paid to his account so I went to ibadan to do exams
Guys don't call any body claming to be Agent to Ijmb or anytin related to that either you call mr adeyemi or go to kaduna and get the form from Ahmadu bello university

Here is my Adeyemi from polyhtenic ibadan contact

BBM PIN:2658762B

He is the one in charge of direct admission in polythenic ibadan

Naija A.K.A ( Land of scamming) I fear una ooo una still day dupe una fello abeg people all infomation is free call Mr adeyemi or go to kaduna no fall for scam ooo
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by Whalenchy(m): 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2014
How much the form for the forth coming registration?
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 13, 2014
DON'T MISS ANY GIST OF THE EVENTS THAT GOES ON IN YOUR SCHOOL ....... SUPPORT THE MOVEMENT smiley THANK YOU.
[url]hostelparoles..com[/url]
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by IamDHAYOUR(m): 8:11pm On Nov 13, 2014
Want to study either of Accounting&Economics @UNILORIN and wana ask hw unilorin pume day b nd which combinations is dre pume based on for a commercial student like me.
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 14, 2014
is it the state u registered ur jamb is the state that u will took it?
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by IamDHAYOUR(m): 7:50am On Nov 14, 2014
IS DRE NO ONE TO ANS ME
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by bukie26(f): 7:50am On Nov 14, 2014
Pls I wanna ryt jamb in anoda state bt can I do d reg in a different state?
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by IamDHAYOUR(m): 7:54am On Nov 14, 2014
YES U CAN @BUKIE
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by Pukka36(f): 9:59am On Nov 14, 2014
Good morning@all! I represent Uniben MBBS.

1 Like

Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by bukie26(f): 10:33am On Nov 14, 2014
IamDHAYOUR:
YES U CAN @BUKIE
tnx
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by lcstnigeria: 10:43am On Nov 14, 2014
admission in progress for Diploma, HND, bSc with London college of further Education. for more info contact www.lcstnigeria.com, phone 08030793248

Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by cee001(m): 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2014
Okay....gotten the e-reg. card already..but haven't registered 'cause am in a kinda fix now regarding choice of institution..UI?FUNAAB?...this is the sample space I guess(FED. UNI,CATCHMENT STUFF,SOUTH WEST STUFF...ya'll get now)...
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by cee001(m): 1:05pm On Nov 14, 2014
Okay....gotten the e-reg. card already..but haven't registered 'cause am in a kinda fix now regarding choice of institution..UI?FUNAAB?...this is the sample space I guess(FED. UNI,CATCHMENT STUFF,SOUTH WEST STUFF...ya'll get now)...ok advice pls.
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 14, 2014
Any OAU aspirant?
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by Shoboloyok(m): 2:48pm On Nov 14, 2014
jamb always jam candidates every year. anyway,you can read about the importance of water to life here:

http://writedge.com/?p=73827&preview_id=73827&preview=true
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 14, 2014
How to Prepare for JAMB - 8 Steps to Preparing Adequately for JAMB

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) Examinations for candidates seeking admission into the university have since posed serious challenges to students. JAMB has gradually become the most feared name in the education sector of Nigeria and preparing for the examination is something that demands a lot of time, commitment, discipline, and hard work. I have never seen anyone perform outstandingly in JAMB or in any other thing worthwhile without putting together these three things apart from those that engage in examination malpractice which is something that is usually regretted in a thousand and one ways in the future.

Let us discuss eight straight-forward steps you can take to prepare yourself for JAMB. As easy to mention as these steps are, I must say that the simplicity ends there, in practice, they are actually difficult but are very practical steps that every outstanding student I’ve ever met practiced in their own way to overcome JAMB in their time.

Step 1: Ensure you know the JAMB score you need and decide on the score you want.

You must make sure you find out the average score you need in JAMB with your subject combination to nail your desired course in the institution you want. This average score can be deduced from the minimum normal cut-off mark for JAMB that will qualify for post-UTME for that course and in the institution as well as the previous cut-off marks set by the institution that will qualify you for admission by merit. As you read this now, make your research and write that average score down. This will help you know the minimum mark you should work towards.
How to Prepare for JAMBAfter you must have done that, the next thing is to decide on the score you want. The score you want should be different from what you need, actually it should be higher. The problem of many students is that they don’t even know the score they need talk less of the score they should want to work towards while preparing for JAMB. These students after writing JAMB then begin to make this research after which they now start praying to God to give them that score. God does not bless those kinds of efforts. Some students still do not even find out the needed score or cut-off mark until their result is out. I understand that sometimes JAMB and various schools change their cut-off marks sometimes depending on the general performance of students but you can always make a safe assumption to work with from previous cut-off marks.

Setting a higher target is a principle in line with the saying that says “you should shoot for the stars, for you never know, you may land on the moon”. When you set a high and reasonable target - what I mean by reasonable is achievable; some students set targets of ‘398’ which is quite unreasonable - you’ll most likely get something very close to it, if not exactly. A target above 300 is high enough to spur you to action. Once you have fixed your target score, distribute it to your four subjects according to your strengths. For instance:

My target score for JAMB: 315
Use of English: 75
Mathematics: 80
Physics: 85
Chemistry: 75
Step 2: Create a study plan and reading time table.

It is one thing to set a target and it’s another thing to map out a plan to implement and reach it. I will get ‘315’ in JAMB is easier said than done. A study plan is therefore an organized schedule that a student creates that outlines study time and learning goals. Creating a study plan and a reading time table not only helps you become more organized, but it holds you accountable for your own learning outcomes and the achievement of your goal or target.

Every student will develop a different study plan; there is no correct study plan for everyone. When creating your personalized study plan, you will need to do some self-evaluation of your current schedule and time management. Find days when you have fewer personal commitments when you can squeeze more study time - while doing this, remember that you need to put in as much time as you desire to see results). Remember, each student studies differently, so the amount of time you need to study will differ from the time others devote to studying. Also, some students find that studying at night or at early hours of the morning is better for them than during the day. Work according to your system.

Determine why you are studying – which in this case is to reach a JAMB score target – and develop a plan that can help you achieve your goal. Take into consideration previous performances (that is if you have written JAMB before) and how you prepared in those occasions. You need to also anticipate subjects that will take more time to prepare for than the others.

Lastly, create a study plan that is reasonable. Although you must set aside enough time in your schedule dedicated to your studies, blocking off five hours with no break will set you up for failure. You can spend less time studying if you do it correctly. For a detailed look at how to make a personalized study plan, explore the step-by-step instructions below.

Three steps to create your study plan:

1. Create a time chart of your current activities – Creating a time chart will allow you to see how you spend your time from day to day. Take notes about your daily activities. Record things like when you wake up, sleep, do chores, work, go out and if you’re in school, how much time you spend in school daily. Once you have done this, check for free time available for studying and it should be up to at least three hours especially as JAMB is fast approaching, if not you will need to re-organize your daily activities and create more time for studying.

2. Develop a schedule and reading time table – Now that you have determined available days and times for studying, the next thing is to develop a schedule. It is best to have a schedule written down so you won’t forget it. Seeing it written down can make it seem more important. You need to know subjects that will require more time to study, especially if they are your weak points. Your schedule and reading time table will highly depend on the amount of time you have left. If you are reading this and you have maybe three months left, then maybe you will need to put in more than five hours daily for work. Please be sincere to yourself here and put in as much time as is necessary. One hour a day is simply self-deceit and will lead you nowhere. Let your plan be very definite; for example, if you have 30 chapters of a textbook to study and 15 years of past questions to tackle and you need to finish it in a month, then you may need to read a chapter a day and solve 1 year of past questions every two days. Remember to have breaks in between long hours of study in order to prevent feeling overwhelmed.

3. Stick to your study plan – A study plan works best if it is followed on a consistent basis. Some days may not go according to plan but it should always be for reasons beyond your control. Otherwise, you need to be disciplined enough to remember that your future and the future of others depending on you or that will depend on you in the future are at stake. So, stick to your plan. You can use incentives such as eating after you’ve been able to read for three hours without getting up from your chair. You may also need to deprive yourself of some sleep at night because you can easily regain lost sleep after JAMB.

Lastly, some students find it helpful to find a study partner. Studying with a friend also preparing for JAMB allows for collaboration and discussion. When creating your study plan, check with other friends to determine if you can coordinate study sessions. However, if you tend to socialize more than study when you are around others, stick to an independent study plan. If you do choose to study with a partner, choose someone with whom you are likely to stay on task.

Step 3: Start your reading now.

If you’re in SS 1 or 2 and you are reading this book now, then I must say that you are very fortunate. It is very advisable that you create a plan, even if it is thirty minutes daily for JAMB and start as soon as possible, if you do, you will be smiling when others are breaking their heads trying to prepare months to the exam. If you are months away from the exam, it does not matter much because you still have a great chance; but you must begin now to study with a working plan as I have described in step two. If you have just few weeks left, then what you need to do is to start this very moment to focus on going through as many credible past questions as you can, you still have a good chance.

Step 4: Go through at least ten recent years of past questions to get patterns.

To study effectively, you need to know the patterns used by JAMB to set questions. First and foremost, we all know that JAMB questions are usually objective and the way you read for objective type questions is not the same way you read for theory or subjective type. Even though it’s easier to prepare for objective than the others because you can always easily infer the answer from the given options, you still need to know the common patterns they use to set their questions. For instance, if for the past ten or so years, they have set more of questions involving calculation than theory in a subject like Physics or Chemistry, this will give you a clue as to where more of your focus should be.

See more at: http://www.mynaijadream.com/2014/11/how-to-prepare-for-jamb-8-steps-to.html

2 Likes

Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by BellaMayei: 2:55am On Nov 15, 2014
Please does anyone have any information on Social Works?
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by aemmey: 6:15am On Nov 15, 2014
MTN DATA AT AFFORDABLE PRICE
 1GB---------------#1200
 2GB----------------#2400
 4GB----------------#4700
Data above 4GB is negotiable
HOW IT WORKS
This is a 100% legitimate service from MTN
Nigeria, in which YOUR RESELLER buys large
data sums eg 75GB and shares it with his/
her beneficiaries.
TO CHECK YOUR DATABALANCE AND
VALIDITY
After Subscribing, Dial *461*7# Or Send in
a text message 'SHAREBALANCE' to '131' to
check your DATA balance and validity
period.
TO ORDER, CALL,SMS or WHATSAPP
PAYMENT METHODS
These include; MTN Airtime transfer, MTN
recharge card PINs
OR bank transfer (Preferred) to
A/C NAME: AWOYEMI EMMANUEL ABIODUN
BANK: ECOBANK
AC No: 4331109862
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by Elxandre(m): 10:13am On Nov 15, 2014
beatsbyj2g:
OK for me let's say
English 30min
Chemistry 45 min
Physics 1 hr
Math 1 hr
Extra time 15 mine

#jamb's need for speed
CBT is 3 hours!
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by beatsbyj2g(m): 10:36am On Nov 15, 2014
Elxandre:

CBT is 3 hours!
what!!!!!
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by Sunnycent(m): 10:40am On Nov 15, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/1997707/mr-nairaland-december-2014-contest

vote in Chris viral for Mr Nairaland.
thanks!!!
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by Elxandre(m): 4:18pm On Nov 15, 2014
Doclight:
uniport is 100 or more, cant categorically remember, bro lets just talk on whatsapp
What's your WhatsApp contract bro?
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by Elxandre(m): 4:30pm On Nov 15, 2014
dharay99:

I pity duh 2 of yew. He has warned u already sha. If u wanna study accounting, banking n finance or Economics. Don't dare choose unaab. In short, any commercial course.(management science) choose unaab at ur own risk. grin
Is it safe for computer science?
Pls help.
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by Pukka36(f): 5:41pm On Nov 15, 2014
Elxandre:

Is it safe for computer science?
Pls help.
U r an aspirant too?
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by Elxandre(m): 5:51pm On Nov 15, 2014
Pukka36:
U r an aspirant too?
Yes, Why do you ask?
FUPRE robbed me this year. Still can't believe it. cry embarassed
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by Elxandre(m): 6:03pm On Nov 15, 2014
I'm torn now between UNN, UI, UNIBEN, FUNAAB,
Computer science.
I'm posting this out to get a total insight into you guys helping me scrutinize my choice of school.
Economics C6 geography B3 English C6 Mathematics B3 Biology C4 Chemistry C6 Physics C6

I'm also mindful of catchment states, hence the stated choices above.
Note: I'm from Ondo/edo state, but I have Edo as my state of origin on WAEC, and I hear one should stick with the State of origin on WAEC, so as not to have clearance issues in future, else I may have considered more south west schools.

I'm going for computer science and will buy the form by December farthest.

Which of these has greater admission quota and better chances o?
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by cee001(m): 6:03pm On Nov 15, 2014
dharay99:

I pity duh 2 of yew. He has warned u already sha. If u wanna study accounting, banking n finance or Economics. Don't dare choose unaab. In short, any commercial course.(management science) choose unaab at ur own risk. grin
Hmmm..was disqualified for wrong Jamb subject combo...I would have entered but for that mistake. So dharay99,what's your pick on the uni.So that many won't be mislead,management students precisely.
Re: 2015/2016 Utme And Admission Process by cee001(m): 6:10pm On Nov 15, 2014
Elxandre:
I'm torn now between UNN, UI, UNIBEN, FUNAAB,
Computer science.
I'm posting this out to get a total insight into you guys helping me scrutinize my choice of school.
Economics C6 geography B3 English C6 Mathematics B3 Biology C4 Chemistry C6 Physics C6

I'm also mindful of catchment states, hence the stated choices above.
Note: I'm from Ondo/edo state, but I have Edo as my state of origin on WAEC, and I hear one should stick with the State of origin on WAEC, so as not to have clearance issues in future, else I may have considered more south west schools.

I'm going for computer science and will buy the form by December farthest.

Which of these has greater admission quota and better chances o?

Hmmm...I guess FUNAAB is not a bad option to consider. I have no facts to state my claims though,but I know FUNAAB is ICT oriented and is facilitating..my thoghts though....Let the 'learned' on this issue answer this Jambito abeg

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (278) (Reply)

Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta Aka FUNAAB 2013/2014 Admissions / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta(FUNAAB) 2014/2015 Admissions / 2017/2018 University Of Ilorin Admission Guide Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.