Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,053 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:15 AM

57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US (40950 Views)

Chibok Girls’ WAEC Results Ready – Minister / 15 Escaped Chibok Girls Admitted Into AUN Academy On Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by onatisi(m): 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
DopestepTJ: Na wa for some people o. There are students from countries that don't speak English studying in America. Many schools usually have language training for some students like ESL. Many Asians that can't even speak good English, take English courses before proceeding to take their various majors. Make una stop dey use "They can't speak English" as a point, I'm sure those girls can speak better English than many students from non-English speaking countries that study in the U.S.
bros forget story , dis one na plotical gbajue angry
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by kukulaja: 6:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
Instead to put them in schools in Abuja or any where in the Southern States. Haba! all these ''ba turanchi'' '' no English'', how would they cope in the USA Schools, are they going to start from primary Schools over there? Those responsible should take note. They should write aptitude test to determine their fitness. It would show the deficiency in Northern Nigeria education system, that produce a lot of dunce heads each year to fill Federal quota in all National appointments. I have said my own.
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by BetaThings: 6:21pm On Aug 25, 2014
Rockstar2014: Are they admitted to Islamic school because am quite aware they can't even speak pigin english.Na waoooo
Why Islamic school?
On one hand you have been claiming that they are from a majority Christian community deliberately targeted by Boko Haram
Now they should attend Islamic school because they cannot speak English

Are they mostly Christians who have been attending good Christians schools or
Are they mostly Muslims who cannot speak English

2 Likes

Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by adeabi: 6:29pm On Aug 25, 2014
Blockus: Hahahahahahaaaaa...

Them don use our head .. grin

Those girls wey no fit speak english don gain admission into U.S schools.. grin

kai!!!!

Mbok, make Boko Haram come jidnap more students so that dem fit go overs for scholarship too.. grin

Then, if that is the case.all your daughters will be among them
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by Nobody: 6:31pm On Aug 25, 2014
Mtchewwwww.
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by room089: 6:34pm On Aug 25, 2014
57 given admission and the remaining girls in captivity can go to hell? Has their funeral rites been concluded?

I weep for this country!
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by onatisi(m): 6:38pm On Aug 25, 2014
room089: 57 given admission and the remaining girls in captivity can go to hell? Funeral rites concluded!

To your tents, o! Israel!
57 girls is about 5millionaire each on each head that is about 275 million naira total. why is this so called admission coming after their visit to gej in aso rock ? o ga ooo
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by BetaThings: 6:45pm On Aug 25, 2014
princenayo: Yeye dey smell here oooo. So they are taking them abroad without Federal govt approval.? The girls that are serving as lead to an ongoing investigation. Borno state govt has not telling us the truth.

You guys turn things on their head
So who will give them international passport to travel
Who will stamp the passport at the airport
State governments don't control immigration
And we know that although Borno is under emergency, the demands you make on the governor are of the calibre that governors that are not under emergency cannot meet

If the FG does not allow it, they are not going anywhere
Please stop the drama
Jonathan DOES NOT give a DAMN about some Nigerians
Infact he sees 170m people as a burden, maybe half of that would satisfy him
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by BetaThings: 6:49pm On Aug 25, 2014
kukulaja: Instead to put them in schools in Abuja or any where in the Southern States. Haba! all these ''ba turanchi'' '' no English'', how would they cope in the USA Schools, are they going to start from primary Schools over there? Those responsible should take note. They should write aptitude test to determine their fitness. It would show the deficiency in Northern Nigeria education system, that produce a lot of dunce heads each year to fill Federal quota in all National appointments. I have said my own.

With your dogo turenchi what is the pass rate for English in WAEC exam?
Were I in their shoes, I would start from primary 4
In 10 years I would have caught up with the people who have high quality education in Nigeria
Some people comment as if "sorting" is not a Nigeria-wide thing
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by wendy1881: 6:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
#bringbackourgirls[color=#000099][/color]
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by akpanikpe(m): 6:52pm On Aug 25, 2014
Watting to be the last to comment.
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by xtervaganza(m): 7:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
These girls might just be released by boko haram to be a spy in the USA

I no trust those girls again

I'm very sure some of them would be radicalised now
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by clemz88(m): 7:08pm On Aug 25, 2014
I really wonder what the Nigerian Govt takes us for...they come up with useless stories today n tomaro they use another method of deceivg d citizenz to get it off their minds. Some times sgo the galz escaped n later on those number of galz that escaped were recaptured. Case was closed . Now theyv come up with another useless news that they have send those galz that can't speak English to U.S. Hmmm am very sure some people formed this mirage to siphon money into them pocketz. They should keep fooling themselvez . NIGERIANZ ARE NT BLIND
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by BetaThings: 7:16pm On Aug 25, 2014
xtervaganza: These girls might just be released by boko haram to be a spy in the USA

I no trust those girls again

I'm very sure some of them would be radicalised now
The way some people think
I am sure you would claim that the girls even arranged for Boko Haram to kidnap them
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by olumuyiolaoluwa: 7:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
Asari might b right hu know undecided
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by epospiky(m): 7:18pm On Aug 25, 2014
That's really good for them. Congrats girls.
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by Davied2: 7:20pm On Aug 25, 2014
I'll tell my sister to claim that she escaped ...
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by kulgee001(m): 7:22pm On Aug 25, 2014
How this proves the kidnap was a scam I am yet to comprehend.
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:25pm On Aug 25, 2014
What will now happen to those that have not escaped
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2014
lat4real: I can see GEJ e-warriors flexing muscle all over this thread. I bet if they kidnap someone in your family, you will ask for a part of the body prove before you believe it.
I can bet, they believe their entire life is a scam cheesy

In other news sha, GEJ till 2030! grin
so u really believe that shii? mehnnnn.....your I.Q is questionable. shocked
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by Davidolives(m): 7:48pm On Aug 25, 2014
Am thinking this chibok issue is a lie.how come did they get admission to america?is it the same girls that can't speak english that they said are writing waec not to talk of .......................... Smh
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 25, 2014
lat4real: I can see GEJ e-warriors flexing muscle all over this thread. I bet if they kidnap someone in your family, you will ask for a part of the body prove before you believe it.

Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 25, 2014

so u really believe that shii? mehnnnn.....your I.Q is questionable. shocked
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by onatisi(m): 8:01pm On Aug 25, 2014
kulgee001: How this proves the kidnap was a scam I am yet to comprehend.
doorro scam ,doorro chibok ,dorro visa . Give me one tangible evidence of this so called kidnap,show me 3 of those girls and interview them,who are these mysterious girls?why are they so sacred,that noone has seen any of them?and now the mysterious girls are on their way on a mystterious journey to a mysterious usa with a mysterious school admission
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by THUNDER4real(m): 8:35pm On Aug 25, 2014
Is US safe?
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by Omachona: 8:49pm On Aug 25, 2014

They have just gotten admission into Primary school in America
Trust Americans they wouldn't admit them into secondary school
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by onatisi(m): 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
THUNDER4real: Is US safe?
so u actually believe that some ppl are going to usa abi? Naija see gobe
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by Profcamsey(m): 8:53pm On Aug 25, 2014
texazzpete: @OP thanks for this thread. Now I can clearly identify some people with extremely low IQ.

@onatisi, @profcamsey, @marvellousGod et al, take a bow. Ironic that you speak about 'scam' after scamming your folks into paying your school fees and yet failing to hone your common sense.

GEJ says people were kidnapped. Army concurs. SSS says they were kidnapped. boko haram published videos. Parents say their kids were kidnapped. CAN confirms the girls (mostly christians) were kidnapped. Presidential fact finding committee says the girls were kidnapped.
Does it not take a spectacular amount of imbecility to now insist nobody was kidnapped? I mean, the level of inanity that makes someone believe you're suffering from a family curse.

This is why some people become atheists. Brilliant people like Dr Adadevoh die of Ebola and imbecilic dolts are here on NL, breathing oxygen!
mumu, se na HYPO dem use wash ur brain ni? I pity your LocalGovernment. I no get ur time
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by daveP(m): 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
Okay 57 to Usa
480 soldiers to cameroun

what is the next step to bury more evidence?

Is someone thinking what im thinking? Those soldiers.... I smell foul play in their escape.

Maybe the next one would be promotion of army chief,or the likes.

Corruption looms
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by nikkyshyne(f): 8:56pm On Aug 25, 2014
Na them sabi.
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by Blockus: 8:57pm On Aug 25, 2014
adeabi:

Then, if that is the case.all your daughters will be among them

Unless the scholarship is to Mars, I dont see the point of Nigeria giving Scholarships to U.S and Canadian citizens. grin
Re: 57 Escaped Chibok Girls Gain Admission In US by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 25, 2014
spyx64: The Centre for Promotion of Ethics, Values and National Integration (CENPEVNI), has said that it has secured admission for the 57 escaped Chibok school girls from a school in the United States of America (USA), through its collaboration with other groups.

The executive director of the group, and project coordinator, Rehabilitation and Reintegration Outreach Mission (RROM), Dr Mercy Sokomba, stated this in Abuja, at a one day Stakeholders Interactive Session on Effective Victim Support Strategies.

She said, offers for completion of education of the girls, inclusive of scholarship has been made to RROM through Stefanos Foundation and the international support groups of RROM.

“The reality of this particular offer is if the girls are ready for another form of separation from their parents. However, we have initiated discussions with some leadership of the Chibok community and at some point will meet with them and the parents for consent,” she said.

Sokomba however said that they hope that the funds and support partnership will consistently get to RROM for project sustainability within scheduled time frame so as not to hinder the progress the outreach mission has made so far.

Commending the efforts of the federal government in the fight against insurgency, Sokomba prayed and pleaded for a quick resolution of the Boko Haram saga and safe return of the abducted Chibok girls and many other women and children abducted earlier or after the Chibok girls.

According to her, “The end of terrorism will bring an end to the loss of lives and properties.”

http://leadership.ng/news/381975/57-escaped-chibok-girls-gain-admission-us

I don't know but it seems to me that there's something fishy about this News.

I mean, come on!

My common sense fails to accept it, here's why:

If the Government (or whoever that is supposedly behind it) wanted to use Scholarship as a means of compensation for a well perpetrated Scheme, it wouldn't be in the News. (especially when taking the "Government approach".) It's like publicly admitting to bribing which, I know, is a stupid thing for people as tricky as our politicians to do.

However, when taking another approach, you'd notice that it sounds like a Fabricated News created for slander. (I'm not making a verdict though, just speculating)

Think about how many people would be pleased to have this Chibok issue proven to be a scam.

I know there are a lot of reasons to believe it is a scam but the above News sounds too fishy for my liking.

I just hope these girls ain't really in captivity while some person are just too concerned about proving they're no.

Nonetheless, at the mention of 2015, anything can happen. So lemme just stay put on my mat and finish this Kunu ishilove brought for me..

By the way, up NEPA!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

University Of Lagos Dli (distance Learning Institute) Results / Aminat Yusuf: LASU Best Student Takes Her Parents To Governor Sanwo-Olu (Video) / 400-level Bayero University Student Found Dead In Her Hostel (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.