Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,974 members, 7,952,912 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:17 AM

How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish (54050 Views)

How Can One Differentiate Between A Refurbish And A Non-refurbished Laptop? / Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? / Help!the Sound From My Laptop Is Distorted. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by kwaifa252(m): 6:56am On Aug 31, 2014
PLS IS IT POSSIBLE TO UPGRADE CPU FROM core i3 to i5 or to i7
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by NIGERIALOLoCOM(m): 6:58am On Aug 31, 2014
@OP, quite informative. While buying the machine, ask and confirm its warranty. Let the seller guarantee to replace the machine if it malfunctions during its period of warranty.
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by iceberylin(m): 7:00am On Aug 31, 2014
Aba Boys Refurblishing Laptops Since 1000BC
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by malele(m): 7:09am On Aug 31, 2014
@ OP u are a funny person.
What is wrong with refurbished device?
Refurbish means item that quality control noticed had issues during manufacturing process and it was sent back to production line for examining and repairs.
Refurbished laptops are as good as new ones and better than fairly used.

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by malele(m): 7:09am On Aug 31, 2014
iceberylin: Aba Boys Refurblishing Laptops Since 1000BC
Iberibe

3 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by iceberylin(m): 7:13am On Aug 31, 2014
malele:
Iberibe
Nigerians not mindind their Bizz Since 1960
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by Almuhsin(m): 7:22am On Aug 31, 2014
what am I seeing? Is this '' R^2''or ''RR''?
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 31, 2014
I found out Just now that my bf bought me a refurbish since I insisted on a new laptop
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by Faraidi(m): 7:29am On Aug 31, 2014
guyANDROID1: If u have an additional R at the end of
the product number ( Example:
NB234UA#ABA is the product for new
notebook and NB234UAR#ABA is the
product number for a refurbished
notebook. If KS453AV#ABA is the
product for new notebook Then
KS453AVR#ABA will be tech product
number of refurbished notebook)..
So if you have an additional R in the
product number, it means it is a
Refurbished notebook.

Product number can be find at the back of every laptop or the battery pack

Second way to know a refurbish laptop

Type these words in Run
box "MSinfo32" without the quote
if you see addition R in the
product number then this is a
Refurbished product...

Type window key +R to show the Run box

PS: Refurbishment is the process of
maintenance or minor repair of an item, either aesthetically or mechanically.

Computers and laptops that are
refurbished usually means that it did
not initially pass quality standards of
the manufacturer. They then fix or
recertify the unit and sell it at a
discount price (Up to 30% off). Most of
them carry a 30 day store warranty and 90 days with manufacturer.

Don't mistake refurbish laptops with second-hand laptops

Second-hand means something that is used by someone before selling or giving it out.
bro, how can I open the run box? Pls
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by papaejima1: 7:30am On Aug 31, 2014
yettybaby112: I found out Just now that my bf bought me a refurbish since I insisted on a new laptop
Smart dude!
Greet him for us guys oo grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by chucky234(m): 7:31am On Aug 31, 2014
chidiebere2020: Refurbish laptop is not better than fairly used from US, UK
Factory refurbished laptops are way better than used laptops either from UK/US or Mars.

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by Faraidi(m): 7:31am On Aug 31, 2014
guyANDROID1:

No bro. Its the best compare to second-hand
are you sure refurbished one is really the best?
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by Nobody: 7:32am On Aug 31, 2014
ABA at d end. Smh. Space book tho
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 31, 2014
Gbam!!! Op e di Ok.
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by Teeboy06(m): 7:38am On Aug 31, 2014
Pls my laptop is showing 163-time & date not set everytime I on it pls what can I do ? ThAnks
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by donjsb(m): 7:42am On Aug 31, 2014
Does it Hold For phones as well?Does it mean all phones sold on line are refub ones? If yes does this method hold in finding out.
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by MrDoGood(m): 7:49am On Aug 31, 2014
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by MrDoGood(m): 7:53am On Aug 31, 2014
[quote author=kwaifa252][/quote]

how do u intend to do that?
laptop no be android phone wen u dey upgrade to d latest vresion.
u can only upgrade to the latest window then increase ur ''RAM'', and the ''HARD DRIVE''
dats all u can do.
not from i3 to i7
dis type can;t be done unless u want to swap ur i3 with i7 with nice money on top
am. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by henrimoto(m): 8:00am On Aug 31, 2014
Hemanwel: Do refurbished laptops or other electronic gadgets have warranty?

PS: The kinda piece of weird information I read here on nairaland this Sunday morning that women in France do not wear pants still flaggerbasts me,ah swear!
better go learn french now, for easy accomodation and acquaintance and quick thing. Lolzzz
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by sapientia(m): 8:06am On Aug 31, 2014
Now this is the kind of things that should make frontpage.. Not the kind of words to tell a lady to win her over..
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by Dreyl(m): 8:06am On Aug 31, 2014
guyANDROID1: If u have an additional R at the end of
the product number ( Example:
NB234UA#ABA is the product for new
notebook and NB234UAR#ABA is the
product number for a refurbished
notebook. If KS453AV#ABA is the
product for new notebook Then
KS453AVR#ABA will be tech product
number of refurbished notebook)..
So if you have an additional R in the
product number, it means it is a
Refurbished notebook.

Product number can be find at the back of every laptop or the battery pack

Second way to know a refurbish laptop

Type these words in Run
box "MSinfo32" without the quote
if you see addition R in the
product number then this is a
Refurbished product...

Type window key +R to show the Run box

PS: Refurbishment is the process of
maintenance or minor repair of an item, either aesthetically or mechanically.

Computers and laptops that are
refurbished usually means that it did
not initially pass quality standards of
the manufacturer. They then fix or
recertify the unit and sell it at a
discount price (Up to 30% off). Most of
them carry a 30 day store warranty and 90 days with manufacturer.

Don't mistake refurbish laptops with second-hand laptops

Second-hand means something that is used by someone before selling or giving it out.
Thanks for the info
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by guyANDROID1: 8:08am On Aug 31, 2014
Faraidi: are you sure refurbished one is really the best?

Is the best bro coz it also comes with warranty as stated in the topic.

But I feared Nigerian gadget seller won't tell you that. They'll even deny it.
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by Nobody: 8:10am On Aug 31, 2014
The op is not entirely correct.

He is referring to manufacturer refurbished laptops. If I buy a laptop today in the US or UK, and it develops a fault and is replaced by the manufacturer, the manufacturer will fix the faulty laptop and sell as refurb. It is not laptops that failed quality testing, as you can still find those before shipping.

All big name manufactures have outlet sites where you can buy refurbs. Refurbs typically sell at a fraction of the price of new models. Eg a Dell precision m6700 can sell for 5000 dollars new, but a refurb will sell for 2000 dollars

I think what the op is driving at is the fact that dubious Nigerians will buy refurbs, remove stickers and sell at the price of brand new.

On eBay, honest dealers always indicate when a laptop is refurb.

Note that manufacturer refurb is not the same as repairs by some local repair shop (which like naija mechanics, usually adds 3 problems for every one solved.

5 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by guyANDROID1: 8:13am On Aug 31, 2014
Faraidi: bro, how can I open the run box? Pls

Hold down the window key and press R at same time(I.e hold down the window Logo and press R)

OR

Search run from your start buttom if you're using Vista/window7/8
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by guyANDROID1: 8:18am On Aug 31, 2014
kwaifa252: PLS CAN I UPGRADE MY LAPTOP FROM
i3 TO i7 WITHOUT ANY PROBLEM

Why do you want to do that, upgrading it means; you'll have to upgrade some hardware part of the system coz the intel itself is an hardware.

Morealso, laptops depends on the processor speed and RAM for it to perform to your expectation.
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by guyANDROID1: 8:21am On Aug 31, 2014
Dreyl: Thanks for the info

Welcome bro *thumbsup*

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by cao(f): 8:22am On Aug 31, 2014
I love how folks think refurbishment is a Naija thing...Anywho, over here you can get refurnished laptops from stores. In fact, I got my refurbished laptop from Dixons complete with warranty. The damn thing lasted longer than the brand new laptop I got my brother. It's still alive now, despite the fact I haven't done any maintenance on it.

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by guyANDROID1: 8:30am On Aug 31, 2014
malele: @ OP u are a funny person.
What is wrong with refurbished device?
Refurbish means item that quality control noticed had issues during manufacturing process and it was sent back to production line for examining and repairs.
Refurbished laptops are as good as new ones and better than fairly used.

I hope you don't have comprehension prob Where did I mention that refurbish laptop is bad huh? undecided

Or you didn't read at all before commenting.

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by ideepaul: 8:48am On Aug 31, 2014
kwaifa252: PLS IS IT POSSIBLE TO UPGRADE CPU FROM core i3 to i5 or to i7
Yes its possible, but its more complex and expensive than you think. The price of some of these powerful processors can buy a new or sometimes a fairly used laptop(some are still cheap though)
you also need to find ur laptop socket/chipset compatibility with the processor u want to use

1 Like

Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by Xriss: 8:50am On Aug 31, 2014
Guys, I bought a laptop last month.... Just checked and saw that the product number has no 'R' but the serial number ends with an 'R'

Any need for me to be worried?
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by IRIENBOY(m): 8:56am On Aug 31, 2014
Ok
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by Habidab: 9:16am On Aug 31, 2014
Nice one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Make Google Chrome Browse More Faster With These 4 Steps / How To Resume Download Of Broken Files With IDM (Internet Download Manager) / Unlock Your E303 Mtn Modems Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.