Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,161 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish (53354 Views)

How Can One Differentiate Between A Refurbish And A Non-refurbished Laptop? / Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? / Help!the Sound From My Laptop Is Distorted. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by lawrenceunaa: 2:33pm On Aug 31, 2014
iceberylin:
Nigerians not mindind their Bizz Since 1960
see ur english,all i can say is sorry. Aba still would have been a better commercial city than lagos if not for bad governance
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by BetaTechnicians: 2:39pm On Aug 31, 2014
Here's from HP

You know it's supposed to mean more bang for your buck, but for some, the term "refurbished" stirs up more questions than confidence: "Am I buying someone's hand-me-down computer with a few new parts thrown in?" "Will the software on my remanufactured desktop be out-of-date?" "Are the ink cartridges of a refurbished printer less than full?"

Fortunately, these and other common questions about remanufactured products are easily answered, allowing you to make the smartest buy for your technology needs. In this article, we'll discuss what refurbished products really are, where they come from, how to buy them, and why refurbished is sometimes the best choice.
What is "refurbished"?

At HP, a refurbished solution is offered on just about all product lines: printers, notebooks, desktops, servers, and more. They are products that have been returned to HP for a variety of reasons and then put through a rigorous re-manufacturing process.
Where do refurbished products come from?

HP refurbished business products can originate from a variety of sources, including:

Customer returns and cancelled orders - Fully-functional products that leave the HP warehouse and therefore can no longer be sold as new.
Damaged products - Products returned because of cosmetic flaws or damage during shipping or a broken part.
Overstocks - Items that are returned by the seller to make room for newer product lines.
Demonstration - Products have been used as HP demos.

Depending on the product line, most refurbished equipment starts to show up in HP's remarketed inventory pool about 3-18 months after their introduction date. For instance, a desktop model that was originally entered the market over 12 months ago may be considered obsolete and not worth the cost to remanufacture, while a server could still provide a lot of value and ample performance 18 months after its initial launch.
How is a product remanufactured?

Every HP refurbished product is restored by HP to its original condition and performance. Each item is thoroughly tested, broken or defective parts are replaced, and then test results are re-verified.

All HP refurbished products are upgraded to meet current performance specifications. For example: ink cartridges in refurbished business printers are replaced with “full new” cartridges; and the latest software patches are added to computers..
When is refurbished better?

If your IT budget is lean, then HP refurbished business products offer high-quality, warrantied product at a low cost. For some applications, the latest generation of technology is better suited. In other cases, a remanufactured product may be a better fit. For example:

Some business applications don't require the latest performance.
If your company has standardized on a certain platform and "new" production on that platform has been discontinued.
Refurbished equipment may offer the best price/performance ratio.
Software testing may be performed just as effectively using refurbished products as with new.
A new, popular product that is out of stock may be available in the remarketed pool due to a return or cancelled order.

http://www.hp.com/sbso/buspurchase_refurbished_whybuy.html

2 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by swaystunna(m): 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2014
mcdokwe: i do have em
Ur location,specs n prize of both
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by guyANDROID1: 4:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
lawrenceunaa: thanks op, pls i need to buy a laptop pls guys suggest one for me, windows 8,good ram(3gb) and rom and @ the range of 60k to 80k

You're good to go with the spec but if you're the type that deals with security, I'd suggest you use window 7

I don't need to say more.
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by lawrenceunaa: 5:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
guyANDROID1:

You're good to go with the spec but if you're the type that deals with security, I'd suggest you use window 7

I don't need to say more.
pls explain more @ bold. And name the brand u suggest i go for.thanks
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by holyboss: 5:35pm On Aug 31, 2014
numericalguy:

Oya pele, sorry..

You sef, why you come dey praise person wey dey cheat others na.
Its better we expose fraudulent people and their ways rather than praising them.
Yes u r right....I didn't get d post earlier wink

Dos Aba Guyz nd dir inferior stuffs. undecided
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by Infoay: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
Thanks OP
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by Nobody: 6:28pm On Aug 31, 2014
in 2006, i bought a "new" laptop in London (pcworld), on getting home i discovered it wasn't new afterall. How? There was songs on it and it was Sunny Ade's music.

3 Likes

Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by celebrum: 6:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
guyANDROID1:

Are you angry bro smiley

Sorry bro, don't be hard on yourself
@Op Thats a foolish thing to say to somebody you don't even know.
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by celebrum: 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2014
guyANDROID1:

I hope you don't have comprehension prob Where did I mention that refurbish laptop is bad huh? undecided

Or you didn't read at all before commenting.

Do you have to insult the guy? angry. foolish boy with no home training.
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by celebrum: 6:42pm On Aug 31, 2014
guyANDROID1:

SMH for some Nigerian that goes to skool but can't comprehend a simple sentence.

Do you see where I wrote this

"PS: Refurbishment is the process of
maintenance or minor repair of an
item, either aesthetically or
mechanically."

So If your laptop develop fault before warranty date and you return it, its the same as the quoted.
i feel like slapping this boy no manners at all. angry
Ps. teacher thats not the spelling of school angry
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by Bamz(m): 8:36pm On Aug 31, 2014
Outlets that sell authentic and genuine gadgets wouldn't hide the fact that they're refurbished. I'm currently using a refurbished laptop, I must say its the best laptop I've had to date.
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by guyANDROID1: 8:59pm On Aug 31, 2014
celebrum:
i feel like slapping this boy no manners at all. angry
Ps. teacher thats not the spelling of school angry

Shhh!!!, its an old form of school.... Kiddo

OLDskool, you never heard of that before.
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by guyANDROID1: 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2014
celebrum:

Do you have to insult the guy? angry. foolish boy with no home training.

Get out of my thread coz you're already a waste soul.

I know how to deal with people like you.

Whenever you see the username "guyandroid", you don't quote and insult or name-called or go off topic, you don't have to insult before making a meaningful statement outta your comment whether from his initial comment or last comment.

I don't tolerate gullible people.

Some people know me very well here on Nairaland.

So stfu and type meaning things instead of hating coz you've already done that on my other thread and I see hate runs in your blood
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by celebrum: 1:34am On Sep 01, 2014
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by celebrum: 1:36am On Sep 01, 2014
guyANDROID1:

Get out of my thread coz you're already a waste soul.

I know how to deal with people like you.

Whenever you see the username "guyandroid", you don't quote and insult or name-called or go off topic, you don't have to insult before making a meaningful statement outta your comment whether from his initial comment or last comment.

I don't tolerate gullible people.

Some people know me very well here on Nairaland.

So stfu and type meaning things instead of hating coz you've already done that on my other thread and I see hate runs in your blood
BLAH BLAH BLAH... . . .
See, just stop insulting people because they don't agree with you mr man.
Ps: i have never clicked on any of your thread before, talk less of posting anything. show proof if i ever did. LIAR!!!
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by tr3y(m): 3:29am On Sep 01, 2014
Hemanwel: Do refurbished laptops or other electronic gadgets have warranty?

PS: The kinda weird piece of information I read here on nairaland this Sunday morning that women in France do not wear pants still flaggerbasts me,ah swear!
I believe its not pants as in underwear(panties) bur pant as in trousers.
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by jezsie: 10:17am On Sep 01, 2014
tnx
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by chumik(m): 7:08pm On Sep 01, 2014
NICE ONE
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by SenatorJames(m): 1:00pm On Sep 02, 2014
swaystunna: Does it mean refurblished laptops are bad to use entirely ?
No sir, its just a guideline for you to know what you are buying from the onset, so that you will not feel disappointed when it doesn't perform well like the original. Also, so that you will not pay for the original while you are given a refurblished one.

@op. Kudos to you!
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by Toyex4real(m): 11:13pm On Sep 03, 2014
Nice oneNice oneNice one
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by sajolor(m): 7:23am On Sep 07, 2014
Hmmmmmmmm.. this is one the best post I've ever read
Thanks bro wink wink
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by Deicide: 10:20am On Dec 05, 2021
Most Laptops sold in Nigeria as New are Refurbished grin And they wouldn't tell you unless you check it yourself and they also sell them as the price of new.
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by Octopus3000: 1:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
Laptops tend to have a fairly short lifespan relative to conventional computers. They can become obsolete within weeks of release. Laptops are difficult to upgrade or repair and are prone to gradual degradation with "fatal" results by their very nature. Once a laptop has been damaged, repairs are usually slightly cheaper than buying a new model. These unpleasant prognoses apply to laptops and most other electronic devices, resulting in enormous amounts of electronic waste each year. When I broke my MacBook, I thought it was the end. It wouldn't turn on, and the screen was completely shattered. My friend advised me to go to the nearest repair service, hoping they would take it for parts. But I was lucky, the guys replaced the screen, and it worked. I was insanely surprised.
Re: How To Know If Your Laptop Is Refurbish by johnwill5475: 11:05pm On May 07, 2022
If the parts are not that easy to find, you can always look at the internet. There are quite a number of online shops that sell electronic components. You just have to be careful when you make your purchases online because you would not know whether the parts that you are purchasing are genuine or not. You really have to make a research before making your purchases so you can have the assurance that you can get the value of what you are paying for. Check the credentials and the background of the online store that you are considering.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

USA Used HP Revolve 810 For Sale. / Unlock Your E303 Mtn Modems Here / Airtel 4gb Free For 1month 100naira 2015 Tweak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.