Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

MY* Blackberry Z3 Review - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MY* Blackberry Z3 Review (34766 Views)

Sony Xperia Z3 Review And Price Onkonga / Blackberry Z3 Now Available In Nigeria / Blackberry Z3, Z30 ,Z10,q10,q5 & All Nokia Lumia Remote Unlocking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by scorpiogal(f): 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2014
Vicben:
It has but it depend on where you are buying it from. I saw one on konga a few days ago. I don't know of other places yet
Alright... Tankz alot.
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by henry007(m): 10:36pm On Nov 19, 2014
scorpiogal:

Hey... Does ur Z3 hav a pouch? Not thse flip ones, d normal one u can use in covering d back.? Wana knw if a pouch is available for d fone. Wana swap ma Z10 for a Z3, hope I'm not gono regret it?
didn't come with a but I saw it on those guys that push karts around so it's pretty popular now.
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by scorpiogal(f): 7:16am On Nov 20, 2014
henry007:
didn't come with a but I saw it on those guys that push karts around so it's pretty popular now.
Cool then! Thanks.
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by Nuellah: 4:38pm On Nov 27, 2014
henry007:
Purchased the z3 on Jumia at N36,800, it arrived 4 days later.
And now my review.

Hardware:  Upon unboxing, the first thing you see is the device with 4-corner edges, solid build quality and a very interesting casing. The textured back is the best on any BlackBerry on the market coz it has the most aesthetically pleasing friction to prevent accidental drops. The hard keys have been moved to the left leaving the right side of the device seemingly bare as there's a sim and sd slot on there that's covered by a tight protective cover/flap that doesn't creak or move when you apply pressure thus adding to the overall build quality of this device. I have only had it for a week and I get asked if it's an xperia Z or some Sony device. How one could mistake plastic for glass is unknown but the z3 unibody minimalist design is a steal for its price.

Screen and Display: Turning the device on you may not notice it's a 540X960 screen resolution until you put it side by side a 720p phone. As you would expect the 720p is slightly sharper but not by much. It also has a yellowish tint to the display but adjusting white balance which is a feature on the phone would fix that. The glass used on the screen is a finger print magnet, luckily it doesn't scratch do I dropped it on the screen by mistake but I mean, it's a finger print troll and could affect viewing experience in day light. I advise you get/order a screen protector to come with or suffer from the ugly sight of extreme  smudges. Other than these small gripes, screen isn't bad to look at. I find sometimes, lengthy reading on some phones' display at night gives me a headache but the z3 is so easy on the eyes, like staring at a book, no strain what so ever even after several hours of continuous "night" chitchatting, something that causes headaches and strain the eyes on most SAMOLED displays. 

BB10 OS and Android Runtime: the z3 runs on BB10 OS smoothly and without lag. Runs 4 apps simultaneously compared to the other os10 devices which run 8 apps. That's the only real life  difference, RAM limitations didn't reflect in the day to day usage and apps haven't closed on me yet. Android runtime needs work but some android apps like instagram, tube mate,photo grid, mxplayer opera mini and some android games like candy crush work without any hitch but some other android apps lag occasionally or don't work at all like ubersocial and 
Google play store. Might interest you to know we'd be seeing an upgrade in the android  runtime to 4.4 kitkat this September to further bridge the games and apps. The OS is otherwise fluid and very seamless, if you've used any bb10 device, you already know what I mean, everything just flows, if not, it's never too late to find out. 

Camera: it's a 5-mp shooter, nothing impressive here. Takes great pics for Facebook,IG and other social media. Black and white documents show up nicely. It's an auto focus lens and that's about it. Color rendition, noise cancellation and other options need work and apparently we would be seeing a few of that with the new OS 10.3 soon to be released. 

Keyboard: BB10 OS has the best on-screen keyboard on planet earth. Everyone should know this. Unfortunately not Everyone does but take it from someone that has used a lot of touch keyboards  (ios, android, swype swift wp7/8 etc).
 Much can be said about the z3's keyboard, it's classic, it's black, it reads our minds lol, learns from our texts and emails,  the pattern with which we communicate  and then form a  sentence in a few swipes using only one finger with built in word prediction which is more intelligent than any android/ios keyboard so far. 
By the way, this entire review was done with my trusty z3 keyboard. 

Battery Life:  what's a smart phone without battery life?! Z3 packs a 2500mAh battery which is more than enough for your daily use which is about 12 hours of combined use with 2hrs standby before you hit 10% granted you're not playing heavy games  for too long. I'm a heavy user so battery life is subjective to my daily use which is continuous browsing the web,chatting, instagram , twitter, emailing, light gaming (20mins of candy crush etc) , 30mins of music over headset,15 mins of calls daily and about 10 emails sent and received. Battery showed great improvement too after the first few days of use. The z3 takes about 2hrs 30mins  to charge from 10-100%. I have to say that this is the battery life the z10 so desperately needed to be a true beast as at when launched but I guess that omission makes it easier for new users to decide what phone to get btw the z10 and the z3. For comparison sake, Gsmarena.com puts z3 at 15 hrs of call time while z10 only 10, z10 gives you 46hrs of music playback while z3 gives you 84hrs which is almost double.

In conclusion, the z3 is a very affordable smartphone that excels at the simple stuff other smart phones might take for granted (even high end ones) thanks to the buttery smooth OS 10. Z3 isint going to win any spec or innovation awards but it is the surest way to get a 5inch bb10 device without shelling out sub 70k.

Pls is ur bb z3 still working perfectly! because am abt to order for a bbQ10 on jumia and lots of people hv been discouraging me. Hv u noticed any fault since u purchased it? Plz i urgently nid ur response! Thanks much.
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by henry007(m): 6:07pm On Nov 27, 2014
scorpiogal:

Hey... Does ur Z3 hav a pouch? Not thse flip ones, d normal one u can use in covering d back.? Wana knw if a pouch is available for d fone. Wana swap ma Z10 for a Z3, hope I'm not gono regret it?
I saw one on one of these karts pple push. it's pretty common I guess
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by Vicben(m): 11:50pm On Nov 27, 2014
mine too has just arrived from Konga. it's an awesome device, haven't had any issue with it except that it quickly gets warm over short time usage. using it with glo bis.
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by henry007(m): 12:23am On Nov 28, 2014
---
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by seveny(m): 3:57am On Nov 28, 2014
Pls how do I download & use opera mini & uc browsers. I learnt it is compatible with android apps. But am not sure if opera & uc re completely android apps. Pls if u can, jus show me how. Tru my pin 2bc63cb6 or beta stil otuoyeomieoye@ gmail.com. U can evn reply me here.
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by Vicben(m): 1:03pm On Nov 28, 2014
seveny:
Pls how do I download & use opera mini & uc browsers. I learnt it is compatible with android apps. But am not sure if opera & uc re completely android apps. Pls if u can, jus show me how. Tru my pin 2bc63cb6 or beta stil otuoyeomieoye@ gmail.com. U can evn reply me here.
You can download them from 1mobile.com i downloaded mine there but the ucweb and the andriod's opera mini are not working on my phone, though they were successfully installed. There are two different versions of opera mini there. One for andriod and the other. The later is working fine on my phone and it's just about 1.5mb or so, whilst the andriod's 16mb or so.
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by Vicben(m): 1:06pm On Nov 28, 2014
seveny:
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by henry007(m): 9:12am On Dec 08, 2014
Nuellah:

Pls is ur bb z3 still working perfectly! because am abt to order for a bbQ10 on jumia and lots of people hv been discouraging me. Hv u noticed any fault since u purchased it? Plz i urgently nid ur response! Thanks much.
the fone hasn't given me any problem what so ever, dropped the fone a couple of times without a case, the dent is even cleaning itself, reminds me of the curve 2 in terms of durability.
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by Vicben(m): 12:13am On Dec 09, 2014
henry007:
the fone hasn't given me any problem what so ever, dropped the fone a couple of times without a case, the dent is even cleaning itself, reminds me of the curve 2 in terms of durability.

Mine gets hot over short time usage. have you experienced such with yours?
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by henry007(m): 6:15pm On Dec 09, 2014
Vicben:

Mine gets hot over short time usage. have you experienced such with yours?
Yes, but over time. not in a short while. rarely happens too
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by berrylyn26: 1:54pm On Jan 19, 2015
My Z3 keeps saying device full, but i have nothin on ma phone memory. I cant connect to bbm
henry007:
Yes, but over time. not in a short while. rarely happens too
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by Vicben(m): 9:03pm On Jan 19, 2015
berrylyn26:
My Z3 keeps saying device full, but i have nothin on ma phone memory. I cant connect to bbm
Haven't received such a message from my phone ever since I got mid November last year. how long have you been with the phone and when did it start giving that message?

I'd suggest you should try deleting some third party apps and restarting it back.
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by berrylyn26: 10:04am On Jan 20, 2015
I got mine September. I did factory reset twice last month, still same wahala a month later. I was advised to take it to blackberry service center. I doubt it will solve it.

Vicben:
Haven't received such a message from my phone ever since I got mid November last year. how long have you been with the phone and when did it start giving that message?

I'd suggest you should try deleting some third party apps and restarting it back.
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by Vicben(m): 1:00am On Jan 21, 2015
You shoul d try and take it there now that it's still under warranty. I'm sure they'd do something about it. Meanwhile, You can also read some articles on crackberry.com, perhaps you might find something useful there. I'd also try reading some things from there too and other BlackBerry forums and see if I can get anything useful.
berrylyn26:
I got mine September. I did factory reset twice last month, still same wahala a month later. I was advised to take it to blackberry service center. I doubt it will solve it.

Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by roWzayy: 1:10am On Jan 21, 2015
I love my z3..funny tin is dat it fell into water and it cleared up within 2days im so rocking it without qualms

2 Likes

Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by berrylyn26: 12:43pm On Jan 21, 2015
Thanks a lot, I have been googling stuffs but i will still take it to them. They should have a better explanation.

Vicben:
You shoul d try and take it there now that it's still under warranty. I'm sure they'd do something about it. Meanwhile, You can also read some articles on crackberry.com, perhaps you might find something useful there. I'd also try reading some things from there too and other BlackBerry forums and see if I can get anything useful.
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by quil36(m): 6:25am On Jan 22, 2015
Get Etisalat 1GB data as low as N1100 with 30 days validity.

This is not a cheat as we purchased bulk data and resell by sharing. This data can be used on any kind of device, eg, iOS, andriod,windows, Wi-Fi, modems etc.

We equally have other data plans such as:

500 mb – N600
750 mb – N900
1gb - N1100
2gb - N2000

Interested buyers can contact us on:

Call/whatsapp : 09092684000
BBM : 531DC172
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 02, 2015
roWzayy:
I love my z3..funny tin is dat it fell into water and it cleared up within 2days im so rocking it without qualms
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by okinme: 4:23pm On Feb 02, 2015
MTN DATA SHARED OFFERS.
GET MTN DATA FOR BLACKBERRY 10, ANDROID & MODEM @ AFFORDABLE AMOUNT.
1GB ----------1200
2GB -----------2400
Call 08035448544 OR 08053635768
I accept Bank payment or MTN Recharge Card.
Thanks
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by MztrChukwu(m): 5:59am On Feb 03, 2015
lomprico:

Use Glo bis its 3.25gig for 1k u can't share d hotspot and use on other devices tru wi-fi, watch youtube without ur credit being touched.

I share hotspot on it. With my oda gadgets and even laptop
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by Tdrumz(m): 9:54pm On Feb 08, 2015
Old phone. Too slow joor
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by henry007(m): 2:32pm On Mar 01, 2015
REVIEW UNIT currently for SALE
1 minor scratch
upgraded to OS 10.3.1.1565 (latest OS)
12,000mah power bank with mini USB cord(charger not included)
SOLD!!!
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by haywire1: 3:05pm On Mar 01, 2015
henry007:
REVIEW UNIT currently for SALE
1 minor scratch
upgraded to OS 10.3.1.1565 (latest OS)
12,000mah power bank with mini USB cord(charger not included)
Price : N32,000
call 08187070691

How much for power bank only?
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by henry007(m): 3:15pm On Mar 01, 2015
haywire1:

How much for power bank only?

sorry, the power bank alone is not for sale as it's not brand new & currently in use. Bought it on Aliexpress for a little above N3,000/$17 and it arrived in about 15 days if you're interested I cld fetch the exact retailer for you.
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by haywire1: 7:07pm On Mar 01, 2015
henry007:

sorry, the power bank alone is not for sale as it's not brand new & currently in use. Bought it on Aliexpress for a little above N3,000/$17 and it arrived in about 15 days if you're interested I cld fetch the exact retailer for you.

Kindly snap d power bank so I can search for it
Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by Nobody: 11:35am On Jun 29, 2015
Neatly used Blackberry Z3 working in perfect condition for Sale in Abuja at only N30k.

Please call

5 inches (​540 x 960 pixels, ​220 ppi pixel density)
​​​1.5 GB RAM
​​​25​00 mAh battery
http://www.gsmarena.com/blackberry_z3-6163.php

Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by ibawon(m): 11:38am On Jun 29, 2015
i bought the Phone back in December for 39000 and never regretted it one bit.espexially the Battery and the keyboard.Very nice phone

1 Like

Re: MY* Blackberry Z3 Review by Kash007(m): 5:36am On Sep 08, 2015
ibawon:
i bought the Phone back in December for 39000 and never regretted it one bit.espexially the Battery and the keyboard.Very nice phone
Still got it and rocking it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

7 Dirty Google Secrets Every Internet User Should Know / Etisalat Bis Users - Before You Resubscribe, Read This / Airtel Unlimited Is Back N Better

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.