Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,191 members, 7,839,044 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Ogun State Development. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ogun State Development. (26305 Views)

Delta State Development Masterplan (proposal) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State Development. by adebrave1(m): 7:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
Mtcheww, I know this was paid for, that doesn't warrant your coming back in 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by Atouke: 7:05pm On Aug 26, 2014
Swizdoe: something far from quality........ The 20 model schools he started in 2012 is still uncompleted ( he is trying to use it for campaign).... He oppressed the civil servants since 2011 until now that he is trying to warm up to them by approving their various bonuses just like he is trying to woo the students with the reduced tution fee..... Lest I forget, OOU students are waiting for him in 2015

You should also include the debt he has incurred a whooping $116 million. it will take generations to pay back such loans.ogun is the fourth most indebtedd states in Nigeria.
https://www.nairaland.com/1869441/five-south-west-sates-owes

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by DMilanista: 7:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
Atouke: Amosun has borrowed $116 million dollars in his first term if given a second term the debt profile of ogun state will be at over $400 million. You should ask your self is what is on ground in ogun state worth all these loans that Amosun has borrowed?

He an his family will run to london after his tenure expires and the good people of Ogun state will be stuck with the debts which their kids and future generations will have to work pay taxes to pay for amosun loans.

Say no to debts, say no to Amosun Second term agenda
Dat's a big fat lie. A larger chunk of d debt was inherited from OGD administration. I remember then when Amosun came in, Daniel claimed he left a debt of about N50bn which Amosun countered, that d debt was like close to N90bn. So get ur facts right Mr!

9 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by duni04(m): 7:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
Atouke: Ogun is the 4th most indebted state in Nigeria. are those open gutters being constructed worth $116million?
Lenders give money to people that are credit worthy and have the means to pay back. All the states in the south west have very huge debts because they generate the largest IGR's in the country. It makes economic sense to hedge your high IGR against your debt in order to fund developmental projects. If other states in Nigeria (that are soley dependent on federal allocations) are not taking the initiative its nobody's fault.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Development. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
Atouke: Ogun is the 4th most indebted state in Nigeria. are those open gutters being constructed worth $116million?
are you still posting this without proof?

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by Swizdoe(m): 7:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
mogentle:

Same PDP that made you to pay huge fees that Amosun now reduced? Why didn't you fight Daniel that increased your fees then. Misplaced activism. Aluta misconceived.

Nigga always get your facts right.... Has the reduced fee been effected in OOU.... Why announce tution reduction now when he intends to start it next year... A promise he made since 2011.. The guy only ended up showing how deceptive he is... SIA, Ogun citizens are waiting to return you to Owu come 2015

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by Atouke: 7:10pm On Aug 26, 2014
DMilanista: Dat's a big fat lie. A larger chunk of d debt was inherited from OGD administration. I remember then when Amosun came in, Daniel claimed he left a debt of about N50bn which Amosun countered, that d debt was like close to N90bn. So get ur facts right Mr!

Why do APC governors like debt so much? why are they always borrowing? did you know that five SW states are responsible for 45% of the the external debt stock of the 36 states in Nigeria? read this for your self: https://www.nairaland.com/1869441/five-south-west-sates-owes

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by dont8(m): 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2014
---
Re: Ogun State Development. by Atouke: 7:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
duni04:
Lenders give momey to people that are credit worthy and have the means to pay back. All the states in the south west have very huge debts because they generate the largest IGR's in the country. It makes economic sense to hedge your high IGR against your debt in order to fund developmental projects. If other states in Nigeria (that are soley dependent on federal allocations) are not taking the initiative its nobody's fault.

Lenders also give money to those they want to put in perpetual servitude! think about that. In this case they will give money to states not because they are credit worthy but because they know that the states dont have a choice they are easily compelled to service their loans as a first line charge, Its the masses that will suffer as the money for civil service salaries and other essential services will be used to service debt, since debt is a first line charge.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by DMilanista: 7:20pm On Aug 26, 2014
Oh, because he blocked chop-chop in civil service, he is an enemy to the civil service. Because he decided to reduce the school fees of tertiary institutions that were raised in d last administration, he's now an enemy of students. What again? Give me more.
I'm not really surprised. I realised his haters are basically d pro-Gbenga Daniels who looted d state dry and sank it to d debt it is now in, d pro-Osobas, who found it hard to godfather him and the Ogas in d civil service who are finding it hard to get their normal kickbacks.
Throughout my stay in Ogun, this is d only Governor that I v seen that really worked. If the past governors really worked in place of propaganda, Ogun state would have been way ahead in terms of development.
Long live Ogun state!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun State Development. by duni04(m): 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
Atouke:

Lenders also give money to those they want to put in perpetual servitude! think about that. In this case they will give money to states not because they are credit worthy but because they know that the states don't have a choice they are easily compelled to service their loans as a first line charge, Its the masses that will suffer as the money for civil service salaries and other essential services will be used to service debt, since debt is a first line charge.
Many talking ignorantly about debt. When we don't know how finance, debt and money work, its hard to hold our leaders accountable. People should realise that these states borrow because of their high IGR'S not inspite of the high IGR's. When they borrow money, they hedge the money against the income they expect to earn within the framework or tenure of the debt. Lenders dole out loans to states that are capable of repaying such loans. Lagos for instance has hedged its 25 billion naira infrastructure bond against its monthly IGR. Its as simple as a student on a 20k allowance taking out a 60k loan to buy a phone and promising to hedge the loan against his allowance so that 10k is deducted from his allowance by the lender every month so that in 6 months he would have paid back the loan and still have plenty of money to spend.
This Means the debt is serviced by monthly deductions from the states IGR. Since the IGR is statutory and seldom declines but instead increases, the state will have no problems servicing its debt.
Infrastructure financing through debt is pure common sense. No contractor is going to wait for a state to collect its IGR monthly before getting paid for a job. Its only logical for states seeking to fund high capital projects to seek loans in lump sums and hedge against expected revenue.
If south west states are the heaviest borrowers, there are two implications:
1. They generate the highest IGR's hence the willingness of borrowers to allow them hedge their loans against the states' revenues.
2. They're the only states embarking on heavy capital intensive projects which require bulk financing and hence cannot be undertaken with federal allocations or covered entirely by their IGR's.

I'm aware most SW states use their federal allocations just to pay salaries of public workers. They finance capital projects with their IGR's through debt financing. Other regions in Nigeria in contrast are solely dependent on meagre federal allocations.

22 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by Swizdoe(m): 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
Gbawe:

Thank you. If performing Governors are held to ransom because of sectional interest then who loses in the long run? Ekiti some now use as a reference point has its own cross to bear. We can only wish them well and hope the gamble with Fayose pays off. Amosun more than deserves a second term.
Guy no let me curse..... Apart from the roads and uncompleted model schools and also #25m and #6m plus houses he is selling which he expects civil servants that he has rendered poor with his heavy tax deduction to buy (Very funny).... What else... How many people has he employed since the beginning of his tenure ( also don't forget that he sacked people, OGD employed at the end of his tenure).

4 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by Atouke: 7:24pm On Aug 26, 2014
DMilanista: Oh, because he blocked chop-chop in civil service, he is an enemy to the civil service. Because he decided to reduce the school fees of tertiary institutions that were raised in d last administration, he's now an enemy of students. What again? Give me more.
I'm not really surprised. I realised his haters are basically d pro-Gbenga Daniels who looted d state dry and sank it to d debt it is now in, d pro-Osobas, who found it hard to godfather him and the Ogas in d civil service who are finding it hard to get their normal kickbacks.
Throughout my stay in Ogun, this is d only Governor that I v seen that really worked. If the past governors really worked in place of propaganda, Ogun state would have been way ahead in terms of development.
Long live Ogun state!

stop living in denial, Under the tenure of Amosun the ogun state ecternal debt profile has ballooned to $116 million. not counting the domestic debt. Its this huge legacy of debt that Amosun administration will be remembered for. and not the few gutters he is borrowing to construct.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by DMilanista: 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
Atouke:

Why do APC governors like debt so much? why are they always borrowing? did you know that five SW states are responsible for 45% of the the external debt stock of the 36 states in Nigeria? read this for your self: https://www.nairaland.com/1869441/five-south-west-sates-owes
Did u read my comment well? In case u didn't, d immediate past Governor, Gbenga Daniel that incurred d bulk of d debt was in PDP, now in Labour Party. For other states, I don't know. I'm not a politician. I don't belong to any party. All I want to see is development in my state which dis guy is doing, not propaganda. I shuttle between Oyo state and Ogun state and I can really tell of a big difference within the last 3yrs. Those are the things we want to see.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by DMilanista: 7:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
Atouke:

stop living in denial, Under the tenure of Amosun the ogun state ecternal debt profile has ballooned to $116 million. not counting the domestic debt. Its this huge legacy of debt that Amosun administration will be remembered for. and not the few gutters he is borrowing to construct.
like I have pointed out, get us d amount of debt Amosun inherited first. Then we can start analysis from there.
Re: Ogun State Development. by mayorall(m): 7:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
Great. Odua Agbe wa ooooo

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by Atouke: 7:27pm On Aug 26, 2014
DMilanista: Did u read my comment well? In case u didn't, d immediate past Governor, Gbenga Daniel that incurred d bulk of d debt was in PDP, now in Labour Party. For other states, I don't know. I'm not a politician. I don't belong to any party. All I want to see is development in my state which dis guy is doing, not propaganda. I shuttle between Oyo state and Ogun state and I can really tell of a big difference within the last 3yrs. Those are the things we want to see.

The debt has ballooned to $116million under Amosun, which means Amosun is a worse borrower than Gbenga Daniels! when compared to Amosun Gbengas's debt was childs play.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by Swizdoe(m): 7:29pm On Aug 26, 2014
All this apc goons believes is called infrastructural developments are roads...... If that is to be the case, them GEJ is the most performing office holder in Nigeria ( if you think I am lying, go and check the road networks in abuja, then you will know that SW govs are learners)

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by DMilanista: 7:30pm On Aug 26, 2014
Atouke:

The debt has ballooned to $116million under Amosun, which means Amosun is a worse borrower than Gbenga Daniels! when compared to Amosun Gbengas's debt was childs play.
Give us OGD's debt profile whe he left office and his achievements, let's take it from there. Thank God I was anti-Amosun during OGD's tenure always believing d guys propaganda. So anything u call achievement of Daniel's administration, I can talk about it.
Re: Ogun State Development. by bigass(f): 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
Atouke:

USA has debt of 15 trillion Dollars.

5 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by Atouke: 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2014
DMilanista: like I have pointed out, get us d amount of debt Amosun inherited first. Then we can start analysis from there.

Why do APC governors like loans so much? cant they build a common gutter without borrowing from all the banks in europe? Its sad when you see governors who call themselves progressive travel abroad just to secure loand to build gutters in their state, worst of is that the contract for the gutters is inflated seven times the actual amount for the project.
You should be saddened by this fraud.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by DMilanista: 7:32pm On Aug 26, 2014
Swizdoe: All this apc goons believes is called infrastructural developments are roads...... If that is to be the case, them GEJ is the most performing office holder in Nigeria ( if you think I am lying, go and check the road networks in abuja, then you will know that SW govs are learners)
forget! Transformation in Ogun state is more than roads, it's quite diff from other SW states.
Re: Ogun State Development. by DMilanista: 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2014
Atouke:

Why do APC governors like loans so much? cant they build a common gutter without borrowing from all the banks in europe? Its sad when you see governors who call themselves progressive travel abroad just to secure loand to build gutters in their state, worst off the contract for the gutters is seven times the actual amount of the project.
You should be saddened by this fraud.
U v bh hammering on d party APC. As I have said, I'm no party person. If Amosun moves to any party 2mao, whether PDP, UPN, SDP, I'll vote for him come 2015. And those things u have said above are very false, maybe u don't know that Ogun states IGR has risen in recent time. More industries have come in and more are still coming in.

11 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2014
[size=14pt]Ise ya omo ogun isheya,

eledumare ise ma ya o e,

Eyin omo Ogun E se giri,

ise po fun wa latishe,

Omo rere ki sa she,

omo ogun kin se ole,

ebere gberu o olorun nbe fun wa e tera mo ise o,

ise ya omo ogun ise ya.

Awa Omo Ogun Akogun[/size]

9 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by binary123(m): 7:38pm On Aug 26, 2014
are the rebuilding gaza (Palestine
Re: Ogun State Development. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2014
mayorall: Great. Odua Agbe wa ooooo

[size=13pt]Ase![/size]

1 Like

Re: Ogun State Development. by Sirniyeh(m): 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
adeoladrg: ^^This is wishful thinking. PDP is getting stronger by the hour in Ogun state. With the way he has treated OOU students, the support we gave him at the last election is surely going to PDP. We'll cajoled all our family and friends to vote him out of office. APC has still not learnt from Fayemi. He put up more construction and bridges and still lost! I remain a neutral.

Let him do the right thing at the right time to save 2015.
You this man, you still mean business with amosun! Well, Amosun has arrived and you are still an undergraduate, I pity you
Re: Ogun State Development. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Aug 26, 2014
adebrave1: Mtcheww, I know this was paid for, that doesn't warrant your coming back in 2015.

O warrant e pa. Have u been home recently? have u asked the people of Ogun how they are faring under this administration. Mark my words you will get few people who will say Amosuns tenure hasnt brought great good, even greater than Gbenga daniels first term (if u remember)

4 Likes

Re: Ogun State Development. by ramzylipi(m): 7:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
Abeg, ds man is too much,,, Ajimobi construct 1 overhead bridge in Oyo state, we no rest, d bridge is not even up to half of the one at oke-ilewo sef. I couldn't even recognise abk when I got dr last month after just a year +, ride on jare, 2nd term sure for u like ur grave

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Officer Dies In Motor Accident A Day To His Wedding In Kano (Photos) / Man Deported From India Cries Out For Help As His Family Is Stranded In India / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (Week 8)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.