Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,304 members, 7,867,799 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:38 AM

Some Questions To Ask Yourself Before Going Into A Relationship. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Questions To Ask Yourself Before Going Into A Relationship. (688 Views)

20 Romantic Questions To Ask Your Boyfriend / Questions To Ask Your Girlfriend Whenever You Are Bored In A Chat / Top 100 Questions To Ask Your Potential Boyfriend/girlfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Questions To Ask Yourself Before Going Into A Relationship. by waylee90: 4:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
"Most people go into intimate relationships without having a knowledge of what they are going into no wonder there is a very high rate of breakups and disappointment in relationships. With my understanding and knowledge on the issues of relationships I'll give you 5 QUESTIONS YOU MUST ASK YOURSELF BEFORE GOING INTO A RELATIONSHIP.

1) IS THIS THE RIGHT TIME FOR ME?: This question of timing is personal and it has nothing to do with what the society or your family demands, it even has very little to do with Age. It is a matter of you and how you can balance the demands of a relationship with the demands of your career or your present engagements or situations.

2) WHAT ATTRACTED ME TO THIS PERSON?: This question is very important because you attracted is most likely what will sustain you in the relationship if things don't go as planned. Are you attracted by his or her physical beauty? Physical beauty will always fade away and therefore not be a foundation in your relationship. Be attracted by the unseen (inner beauty) for they last longer than the physical things.

3) WHAT IS MY PURPOSE FOR GOING INTO THIS RELATIONSHIP? : In everything you do including relationships you must always define purpose. It is often said that where purpose is not defined, abuse is inevitable. Are you going into a relationship because you think you are old enough? Or you want to satisfy your deep hunger for love, affection or intimacy? Or is it because all your friends are in a relationship?. IF your purpose for going into a relationship is faulty there is a very high tendency that the relationship might fail.

4) AM I MATURED ENOUGH FOR A RELATIONSHIP?: Don't be ashamed or embarrassed to ask yourself this question. Maturity is not by age maturity is of the mind, it is by understanding. Ask yourself if you can manage the emotional feelings of a totally different person from you, have you even been successful in managing your own feelings and emotions not to talk of that of another person. Also character comes into maturity ( what are the values in you that make up who you truly are).

5) DOES MY PROSPECTIVE PARTNER ALIGN WITH MY FUTURE GOALS AND PLANS?: You wouldn't want to jeopardize your dreams and glorious future you picture for a relationship. This question is very important even before marriage. Even though the person is all you dream of in terms of physical and inner beauty, ask yourself if the person can be helpful and supportive for the fulfillment of your future goals or an antagonist."
True or Not?

Source / read more on www.thatloveblog.com

1 Like

Re: Some Questions To Ask Yourself Before Going Into A Relationship. by Nobody: 4:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
uncle please tell us a story....
Re: Some Questions To Ask Yourself Before Going Into A Relationship. by DesChyko: 4:15pm On Aug 26, 2014
One thing for sure is no one is perfect.
One can only give a hundred percent positive answer to all these questions if he/she choose to be blind to some areas in his/her own and partner's life.
In a nutshell, every relationship is a risk, that's why we must make sacrifices. Forget all those textbook love lives, one has to make do with the realistic situation he/she finds himself/herself in.
Love, after all, doesn't always come through the front door.
Re: Some Questions To Ask Yourself Before Going Into A Relationship. by Qsscruz(m): 7:25pm On Aug 26, 2014
Well, i don't ask any question because money answers them all.. He who said money doesn't buy happiness, definitely doesn't no where to shop.. #Myopinion..

(1) (Reply)

What's The Difference Btw Complete And Finished? / Opinion:sex Before Marriage / What Would You Do If You Had To Poison Your Boy/Girl Friend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.