Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? (68375 Views)

He Drank Poison For Fear Of His Father's Scolding: Now, He's Dead / If You Drank Water From This...... / Have You Ever Drank A Baby's Milk?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by eyitayo007(m): 12:21pm On Aug 28, 2014
I grew up knowing that Pot, it got broken 4years ago,same year I graduated from the University.. thank God am not from the Indomie age
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2014
Sunbellar:
Please tell us your research because I know the research must have been by a Nigerian or African. Tell us why it's better than my deep freezer
Just random articles online. But i know the researcher identified the clay used in molding it as the major instrument of cooling the water. At the same time releasing calcium into the water. Thats why people that drink from that pot are unusually strong and healthy.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Lagusta(m): 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
All of una wey dey quote me, calling me liar, God dey watch una in 15D

when i mean "once" i mean going to the village once for my COBES...

Unilorin medical students will understand what COBES means...

I drank from that water pot once in my 200L that means there was a time i drank water from that pot ...

And it was always clean and cool, saying sweet was an exaggeration...

I have just seen my haters on nairaland... So either kiss my a55 or lick it.... tongue
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by thomasdareal(m): 12:36pm On Aug 28, 2014
Omi inu amu.....when u are born in the 80's downward u will actually drink from this.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Sunbellar: 12:39pm On Aug 28, 2014
chidyhels:
Just random articles online. But i know the researcher identified the clay used in molding it as the major instrument of cooling the water. At the same time releasing calcium into the water. Thats why people that drink from that pot are unusually strong and healthy.
But you should also think about the health implications such as breeding different types of pathogens as it's not properly covered, unsterilised etc. Frank enough, I drank from such a pot but I have grown to realise its health implications mostly these contemporary time that untold sicknesses are walloping the world. My take is that the health risks outweighs its importance!
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by abdul4me(m): 1:24pm On Aug 28, 2014
On seeing this post today, I remembered the saying of my grand parents (RIP) that if you have a water and can not offer it free to a visitor, what else can you offer to humanity?

This image reminded me of the pot I met at the corner of my grand parents house in the early 80(s), Their house was almost at the end of the village and thus visitor coming to the village on trek always berth under our big dogoyaro tree for resting before continue their journey. all these visitors always drink from the pot, some who knew the content of the pot don't even ask before going for drinking the water and the water always finish quickly, this was a source of embarrassment to one of my uncles who claimed that why every body either the known and unknown are allowed to be drinking from the pot.

The old man used to counter the guy that "I kept this pot because of frequent demand for drinking water from passerby, and one thing you should know in life is that - if you have a water and can not offer it free to a visitor, what else can you offer to humanity?"

But today world, reverse is the case because we lived to have released the health implication of such generosity. I lived my life to have grown out of drinking from such pot but I cannot drink from that same pot today again. When my children are querying me of why not looking at NAFDAC number for biscuit before I opened it, I don't think they will ever near that kind pot each time we traveled to village.

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Bofemsky(f): 1:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
oyesiju: my parent own is bigger than that one,anyways they are still using it,interestingly my dad buy it b4 he marry my mum about 40 years ago.
Exactly! My dad will tell us not to break the pot o! That he had been using that pot before he married our mother grin
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by chikevictor(m): 2:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
Always cold A̶̲̅πϑ refreshing.we call it ite adu in our eastern village
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by kazman117: 3:08pm On Aug 28, 2014
bunmioguns: what do you call it in your native language?

Yoruba (Egba) call it Aamu (inside) or Ikoko (outside)

hope am correct?

even 4 lag na dis my grandma de use n I de drink water 4rm it. I luv it coz d water used 2 b cool always
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by chibuikebright(m): 3:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
you made me to remember my gran Ma natural fridge down there in the village even now, i am imagining how cold it used to be during the dry season, I MEAN CHILLED
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Akiika: 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hell yeah! i do when i visit my grandma of blessed memory, then at her place. Amazingly, the water is always cool and refreshing.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by makazona(m): 4:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
my maternal grandma iz still rockin it as i type this!!!!!!!!
she CANNOT do the refridgerator tinz
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by tswagg007(m): 4:29pm On Aug 28, 2014
Plz,wats dat,do they use it 4 ritual?
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by adisarasaq(m): 5:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
Should i say Lagos or civilization destroys many village

This remind me of how sweet it was back then living in the village

Refreshingly you can't get tired of the water

Naturally cool
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by obidiegwujane10(f): 5:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
In my native tongue, we call it Urdu. if you have not tasted the water from this pot then you are missing something.

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Chigold101(m): 5:47pm On Aug 28, 2014
DickDastardly: Whats that? undecided Some fettish pot?
yes some fettish pot... Pretender like u... Mtchewwww

Well i have drank water from it many times. And in the new house am about building i have created a space for it where it will be kept cos it gives natural & pure ever cold water. With this pot u dont need fridge... I thank my grand parents who introduced me to it when they were alive... I miss them so much...huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuuuuuuuuu(cryn)

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by sucezTP(f): 6:19pm On Aug 28, 2014
Those days at Abule Onigbedu, when grandma was still alive I enjoyed drinking water from that aamu. Yea, the water is naturally cold and refreshing. Its just that, there was a time we travelled to the village, and after drinking d water I started purging. It changed my body system completely.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by eligibility: 6:28pm On Aug 28, 2014
DickDastardly: Whats that? undecided Some fettish pot? wink I only take chilled boddle warrer cheesy

Its never a fetish nor evil pot but a blessing from our grandfather's local technology .
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by KlensGlobal: 6:40pm On Aug 28, 2014
I drank from it oooooo, though you can hardly see it now this days.

[color=#006600]Brand new octa core phones & Tablets running Android 4.4.2 kit Kat from N15000 up and import anything from China etc. O8IO8I3I92O, www.nairaland.com/1801065/import-cheapest-octa-core-quad
[/color]
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by prestigiouz(m): 6:42pm On Aug 28, 2014
It's not Evil but rather Horror. I wish any kid of this generation can even go close to that pot... It's scary! Natural dispenser, kul for the body... grin cheesy tongue, but African made!
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by chillykelly86(m): 7:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
ite mmiri (Igbo). Water from this is usually colder than normal.
No be today cold water dey refresh oo

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by fredabrown: 10:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1655669_ikoko_aamu_jpeg2ff8325d36d132fb11ebd6aadc1ea1ae

very beautiful clay pot, do Nigerians export these how much would one like this cost.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by fredabrown: 10:57pm On Aug 28, 2014
Zeer Pot Fridge. Cool your food or drinks with no electric needed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcuSlaecvIw?version=3&autohide=1

Jaber Aljuaidi
5 months ago
For God sake give some credit to the guy who first invented this. Mohammed Bah Abba, a Nigerian teacher (1960-2010), may god bless his soul was the first person who implemented this in Nigeria.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Darkpal: 12:17pm On Aug 29, 2014
I drink from it everyday.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Muhammadygk(m): 12:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
....na long tym tin b dix....
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by AMONIBIA(m): 3:37pm On Aug 29, 2014
I did, and the water is always cold, back then
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by SenatorJames(m): 3:59pm On Aug 29, 2014
DickDastardly: Whats that? undecided Some fettish pot? wink I only take chilled boddle warrer cheesy
You really missed something great. If I may tell you, the water in this "fettish pot" is colder and hygenic than some refrigerated water of today.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Lillyeean(f): 7:38pm On Aug 29, 2014
bunmioguns: what do you call it in your native language?

Yoruba (Egba) call it Aamu (inside) or Ikoko (outside)

hope am correct?

#THECOOLESTWATEREVER shocked grin tongue

THECOOLESTWATEREVER

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by tnktosin(m): 8:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
That's the 'otche' my maternal grand mum had one. I always drank from it way back whenever I visited her.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by DAVE5(m): 3:49pm On Sep 01, 2014
Tnot:

Dave, where did you serve in kebbi?
2010 was the last time I drank from a pot when I was doing my I.T in kebbi.

served in wasagu (around zuru)... You?
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by maidenhead: 4:36pm On Sep 01, 2014
still use it, in town o. To help with PHCN, the fridge and deep freezer are wasting. unfortunately, I cant also help Mum to fuel the gen.
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by kandiikane(m): 3:16am On Sep 02, 2014
I use to

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

'I Miss Your Manhood & All The Styles’ - Widow Says During Late Husband’s Rite / This Lady Who Can't Remember Her Name In Lagos / Man Whose Wife Died Chasing Side Chick Is Not Dead. He Was In Coma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.