Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,530 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? (68339 Views)

He Drank Poison For Fear Of His Father's Scolding: Now, He's Dead / If You Drank Water From This...... / Have You Ever Drank A Baby's Milk?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by bunmioguns(m): 5:43pm On Aug 26, 2014
what do you call it in your native language?

Yoruba (Egba) call it Aamu (inside) or Ikoko (outside)

hope am correct?

212 Likes 64 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Aug 26, 2014
My maternal grandma made me drink from that whenever I visited her in the village and shocking the water was always so cold and annoyingly refreshing.....ewwww. Mama loved her life in the village kiss this woman was a so no nonsense kind, like her daughter my mother.

My paternal grandma lives in my fathers house in the village so she got used to civilization very quickly seeing that we spent more time there....so nope she served us bottled water grin this grandma is so sweet and kind like her son my father. cheesy

111 Likes 47 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by DickDastardly(m): 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
Whats that? undecided Some fettish pot? wink I only take chilled boddle warrer cheesy

32 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by bunmioguns(m): 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2014
confession time grin grin grin grin

14 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by bunmioguns(m): 5:53pm On Aug 26, 2014
DickDastardly: Whats that? undecided Some fettish pot? wink I only take chilled boddle warrer cheesy

you better don't form ajebutter here

do you think i don't know you? tongue tongue tongue

233 Likes 39 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Youngsage: 5:59pm On Aug 26, 2014
jennykadry: My maternal grandma made me drink from that whenever I visited her in the village and shocking the water was always so cold and annoyingly refreshing.....ewwww. Mama loved her life in the village kiss this woman was a so no nonsense kind, like her daughter my mother.

My paternal grandma lives in my fathers house in the village so she got used to civilization very quickly seeing that we spent more time there....so nope she served us bottled water grin this grandma is so sweet and kind like her son my father. cheesy
Pple who have drank from that definitely do not belong to the 'indomie generation'! lol cheesy

145 Likes 20 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Youngsage: 6:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
DickDastardly: Whats that? undecided Some fettish pot? wink I only take chilled boddle warrer cheesy

Hehehe Same Here oo grin grin grin

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by oyesiju(m): 6:00pm On Aug 26, 2014
my parent own is bigger than that one,anyways they are still using it,interestingly my dad buy it b4 he marry my mum about 40 years ago.

36 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Gboliwe: 6:01pm On Aug 26, 2014
Haba! In Kaduna state, this is seen in the houses of "big men". Its a show of hospitality. Different people drink from it from same cup dipped in same pot. Ewwwwwww.

I drank from it too several times at a much younger age.

Then, my granma has one too in the village. We (family) all drank from it too. She is long dead and I have no idea if the pot lives on.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 26, 2014
I rep fully... During my visit to the village back in d days...

2 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by joebases(m): 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
Can't forget my days in my south eastern village where we call it ite

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by bunmioguns(m): 6:04pm On Aug 26, 2014
Youngsage:

Hehehe Same Here oo grin grin grin

no wonder you are not strong

I grew up with this.... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by bunmioguns(m): 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2014
joebases: Can't forget my days in my south eastern village where we call it ite

nice

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
Youngsage:
Pple who have drank from that definitely do not belong to the 'indomie generation'! lol cheesy

How we survived drinking from that...cheiiii. cry

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by bunmioguns(m): 6:07pm On Aug 26, 2014
ledafaze: I rep fully... During my visit to the village back in d days...

same here cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Lagusta(m): 6:09pm On Aug 26, 2014
Its only once i drank from that pot..... While i was doing my COBES in UNILORIN...

The water was always sweet, cold and refreshing!!!

13 Likes

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by greatgod2012(f): 6:11pm On Aug 26, 2014
My primary school was in the village, so i used it weli-weli......even till now my mum still has hers and each time i pay her visit, i prefer drinking from that water-pot than from her fridge, funny thing is that she makes jest of me thus......."eyin alakowe omo oko", and i just laugh, but truth be told, water in such water-pot is naturally cold.

Maybe i'll still get one sef.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by bunmioguns(m): 6:13pm On Aug 26, 2014
Lagusta: Its only once i drank from that pot..... While i was doing my COBES in UNILORIN...

The water was always sweet, cold and refreshing!!!

hmmmm.... I see you...

longest time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by sunvick(m): 6:14pm On Aug 26, 2014
That pot was our natural refrigerator then. When we travl to villa, we usually buy borehole water n pour into the pot. Even under hot weather the pot gives U a chilled water.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by bunmioguns(m): 6:17pm On Aug 26, 2014
greatgod2012: My primary school was in the village, so i used it weli-weli......even till now my mum still has hers and each time i pay her visit, i prefer drinking from that water-pot than from her fridge, funny thing is that she makes jest of me thus......."eyin alakowe omo oko", and i just laugh, but truth be told, water in such water-pot is naturally cold.

Maybe[b] i'll still get one sef [/b]

nice one grin grin grin grin
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Tallesty1(m): 6:19pm On Aug 26, 2014
oyesiju: my parent own is bigger than that one,anyways they are still using it,interestingly my dad buy it b4 he marry my mum about 40 years ago.
Hahahhahahahaha. I have a feeling that you will inherit it when they answer nature's call..

Congrats in advance.gringrin

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by bunmioguns(m): 6:22pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tallesty1: Hahahhahahahaha. I have a feeling that you will inherit it when they answer nature's call..

don't just quote

confess cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by oyesiju(m): 6:26pm On Aug 26, 2014
habaaaaa
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by oyesiju(m): 6:33pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tallesty1: Hahahhahahahaha. I have a feeling that you will inherit it when they answer nature's call..

habaaa that was too harsh

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 26, 2014
Wow grin my grandma stays in lagos and she has one in her house,and the water is always clean and cold. Like she always,like was so much easier in the good old days cheesy cheesy
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Tallesty1(m): 6:40pm On Aug 26, 2014
oyesiju:

habaaa that was too harsh
Haba..... No take am serious nah!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by oyesiju(m): 6:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
Tallesty1: Haba..... No take am serious nah!

seriously!!!
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by DAVE5(m): 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2014
Gboliwe: Haba! In Kaduna state, this is seen in the houses of "big men". Its a show of hospitality. Different people drink from it from same cup dipped in same pot. Ewwwwwww.

I drank from it too several times at a much younger age.

Then, my granma has one too in the village. We (family) all drank from it too. She is long dead and I have no idea if the pot lives on.

it marvels me how the pot actually cools water... i drank from it while serving in kebbi about a year ago... shared 1 cup wit eybody who drank from it...

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by oyesiju(m): 6:49pm On Aug 26, 2014
[quote author=oyesiju]

seriously!!!
CAPITAL NO

1 Like

Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Gboliwe: 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
DAVE5:

it marvels me how the pot actually cools water... i drank from it while serving in kebbi about a year ago... shared 1 cup wit eybody who drank from it...
the pot is for everybody. Family, friends and passerby. Everybody drank from it and with one cup too. The thought of it now makes me want to throw up. Ewwwwww
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by bunmioguns(m): 6:58pm On Aug 26, 2014
[quote author=oyesiju][/quote]

see as you dey form ajebutter for Nairaland

no be you dey on top that dp on your profile?

tongue
Re: How Many Of You Ever Drank Water From This? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 26, 2014
This was what we used in storing cold water back then in school in the north.
We call it natural fridge.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

'I Don't Help Single Mothers' - Reno Omokri / This Lady Who Can't Remember Her Name In Lagos / 'I Miss Your Manhood & All The Styles’ - Widow Says During Late Husband’s Rite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.