Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,817 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal (4975 Views)

Tom Ikimi Arrested By EFCC - Sahara Reporters / Tinubu Came To See Me 3 Times B4 I Approved Oando Conocophilips Deal - Diezani / Buhari Overthrew Shagari Over $2.8b Oil Scam: Tinubu Wants APC VP Slot – Ikimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by maestroferddi: 6:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
soroptimist:

Trying to compare politicking during Awo's time and what is presently obtainable is akin to comparing Heaven and Hell

We had a situation where members contributed to the party from whence the party got money to run itself.....The people own the party and had a sense of belonging with them....Not what is happening now,where most of us are apatethic and would not want to spend our fortune to support a cause

The Military incursion in our body polity by IBB wherein he banned almost all the old war-horse who knew much about party management and ideology,paved the way for the winner takes all mentality we now have

And adaptability being a part of a man's survival instinct,a situation whereby almost all the Military Generals having been pushed out of power and their conservative element who have benefitted a lot found their way to the PDP and were ever prepared to outmuscle and outspend anyone in order to keep the cookie jar from being taken away from them......

Tinubu simply stepped up to the plate by matching the reactionary forces of PDP,wit for wit and money for money

Tinubu can't be preaching ideology when the conservative forces are distributing rice,kerosene and recharge card to an already pauparied electorates which is ready to mortgage their future on the altar of stomach infrastructure

My enemy cant be fighting me with an AK-47 and you expect me to draw a catapult

Those of us mouthing off and acting sanctimonious should go and form a party,pay your membership fees,develop an ideology....so as to take the Tinubu's out of circulation

Tom Ikimi should go to PDP and become the Chairman if he cant have his way in APC
My brother nobody has made it to the top politically by converting areas under their domain into a private fiefdom.

Even among thieves, there are some honours. Tinubu's overriding quest to have sole ownership of economic interests in areas under APC control is what we should be talking about here.

The murmuring is getting louder by the day and the main character in the midst of the whole disaffection is not showing any desire to relax his stranglehold on till-box.

The issue has never been a paucity of party funding but vaulting greed.

How do you explain the situation where resources that should be channelled to foster rapid economic and infrastructural development are being funnelled away to satiate an avaricious potentate?

Is the foregoing how APC intends to provide a credible alternative to PDP?

1 Like

Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by arresa: 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
maestroferddi: My brother nobody has made it to the top politically by converting areas under their domain into a private fiefdom.

Even among thieves, there are some honours. Tinubu's overriding quest to have sole ownership of economic interests in areas under APC control is what we should be talking about here.

The murmuring is getting louder by the day and the main character in the midst of the whole disaffection is not showing any desire to relax his stranglehold on till-box.

The issue has never been a paucity of party funding but vaulting greed.

How do you explain the situation where resources that should be channelled to foster rapid economic and infrastructural development are being funnelled away to satiate an avaricious potentate?

Is the foregoing who APC intends to provide a credible alternative to PDP?

Why should we be talking about the imaginary, made up, baseless and unfounded fantasies you can not substantiate with any credible facts?

You don't have to like APC, but making up trash betrays your own sense of judgment and good rationale..

Tinubu left public office almost a decade ago and he's private citizen with zero political office, he's not the president of Nigeria so stop the distractions. We should be talking about federal corruption, incompetence, Boko Haram altering the map of Nigeria by claiming portions of Nigeria everyday, we should be talking about Nigerian soldeirs taking refuge in another country because they lack proper tools to fight with, because they didn't have common 10 kobo bullet and the same bullets Boko Haram loot everyday from Nigerian military bases and barracks.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by maestroferddi: 6:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
arresa:

Why should we be talking about the imaginary, made up, baseless and unfounded fantasies you can not substantiate with any credible facts?

You don't have to like APC, but making up trash betrays your own sense of judgment and good rationale..

And from where did you wiggle out from?

Don't be dumb: read the referenced article and stop making a fool of yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by jmaine: 6:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
Quotes from Obiagelli . . . . .

but Buhari defiled your Nigerian context serving under Abacha, anyways we can spend the whole week discussing our views on Buhari

That fact that he served gleefully under Abacha regime without remorse cancels him . . . . .

How is Kwankwaso part of the old guard?
In fact the pdp is the old guard

You see how you roped yourself in your desperate bid to defend and exonerate Kwankwaso . . So the moment Kwankwaso left the PDP he came a new breed of politician . . .

Abeg no make me laff . . . . . . .HE belongs to the old guard . . .No arguments . . . . .

now you take maryam Abacha's words? Interesting.

Yes, cos no one has dispelled her confident position on the subject matter she discussed . . . .

igbo leaders sold apga to the PDP long before rochas left.

Rochas is a selfish traitor who jumped ship . . . . . .

until the defection, Apc had no power in Kano, rivers and Sokoto, today they have strong structures unlike what ikimi, FFk, Shekarau, Modu Sherriff and Ribadu will give the pdp.

Structure is at the grassroots base and doesn't automatically appear in line with a defecting public official, Structure is when a political novice like Ribadu is highly hopeful of using the impeccable PDP grassroots base to win an election. The power brokers in Rivers State will pass a message to Amaechi that money and pedigree built over the years ain't the same . .Rivers is strongly PDP while Kano is highly unpredictable . . . .

P:S ===> The ANPP structure in Kano was still strong before they were absorbed into the APC, so your Kano reference is invalid here.

3 Likes

Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by arresa: 6:32pm On Aug 27, 2014
maestroferddi: And from where did you wiggle out from?

Don't be dumb: read the referenced article and stop making a fool of yourself.

What is dumb is you cementing your thoughts and beliefs with some baseless and unproven trash cooked up by a bitter and rejected loser...
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 6:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
quote author=jmaine

That fact that he served gleefully under Abacha regime without remorse cancels him . . . . .
stood out (performance) under Abacha.

You see how you roped yourself in your desperate bid to defend and exonerate Kwankwaso . . So the moment Kwankwaso left the PDP he came a new breed of politician .
[ . .
when understanding of old guard = obj, IBB, anenih, danjuma, bode George, ciroma, gana, and they are all in control of the pdp.
Akpabio, gej and co cant be the old guard.

how is Kwankwaso part of the old guard?

Abeg no make me laff . . . . . . .HE belongs to the old guard . . .No arguments . . . . .

Yes, cos no one has dispelled her confident position on the subject matter she discussed . . . .
maybe no one takes her seriously.

Rochas is a selfish traitor who jumped ship . . . . . .
obi could also be classified as such. Ojukwu was closer to the ANPP than the pdp.

Structure is when a political novice like Ribadu is highly hopeful of using the PDP grassroots impeccable base to win an election, the power brokers in Rivers State will pass a message to Amaechi that money and pedigree built over the years ain't the same . .Rivers is strongly PDP while Kano is highly unpredictable . . . .[/quote]

maybe rivers is unpredictable (check pictures of Amaechi ward tour) definitely not kano.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by seguno2: 6:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
soroptimist:

It is not only those who are in PDP that should or must have access to Nigeria's National prosperity......

What do you mean up there? Is it simply about sharing the national cake? When will our politics be about how to make the national cake
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by deeobserver209(m): 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2014
Took time to read all the essays. To be honest, Tom Ikimi's arguments are valid and true. We saw some of them transpired with Shakarau, Attahiru Bafarawa and Alimodu Sherrif (Who almost slapped Tinubu) thus, leading to their defection to PDP.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
maestroferddi:

Is the foregoing who APC intends to provide a credible alternative to PDP?

To the first part of the bolded i will need you to provide any evidence to substantiate that......May be its only you that Knows that resources are being funnelled or sieved away to satiate anyone.....and infact you will do well to package all of that into a petition and forward same to the comatose EFCC

If you accuse Tinubu of being a fixer....i may not argue with you,yet i ask where all of you were when he was single handedly building structures and financing NADECO and all its underground operations then right from when he was in Primrose group while still an Executive of Mobil in the 90s

Until we all get involved and take over the financing of political parties from the money bags.........we will not only continue to sermonise but agonise about the influence of the Tinubu's of this world

Also you asked if APC was the kind of opposition we wished for but let me also ask if the one you are envisioning include the Accord,APGA,LP.......or may KOWA,BNPP, all of whom are PDP by Proxy
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by jmaine: 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
Quotes from Obiagelli . . . .

stood out (performance) under Abacha.

Only under your lenses sis . . . . .

when understanding of old guard = obj, IBB, Tinubu, Osoba, Buhari, anenih, danjuma, bode George, ciroma, gana, and they are all in control of the pdp.
Akpabio, gej and co cant be the old guard.

how is Kwankwaso part of the old guard?

They are all old guards cos they are loyal and directly connected to the aforementioned names you raised, and they are not different ideology wise . . . . And also wondering why you deliberately omitted the names of the APC hench men in red . . . .

maybe no one takes her seriously.

Maybe, no one can deny her factual statement . . . .

obi could also be classified as such. Ojukwu was closer to the ANPP than the pdp.

In all, none of them collapse the party into another the way Okorocha did . . . . Being close to the PDP is not a lesser sin to being close to the ANPP . . . .

maybe rivers is unpredictable (check pictures of Amaechi ward tour) definitely not kano.

LIke Buhari crowd pictures in 2011 right ? 2015 will expose all pretending political gladiators . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
deeobserver209: Took time to read all the essays. To be honest, Tom Ikimi's arguments are valid and true. We saw some of them transpired with Shakarau, Attahiru Bafarawa and Alimodu Sherrif (Who almost slapped Tinubu) thus, leading to their defection to PDP.
all those you mentioned are too close to the pdp to hold significant office in the APC. Sacrifice.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by mbulela: 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
esere826:

Ever built something with people
then they turn around and push you away for flimsy reasons?

How do you think that Tinubu would have felt
if the South West governors had sidelined him?

Anyways,...as long as APC does not crumble. I'll be happy

It will crumble, if it has not already crumbled.
I will still vote for them because the cluelessness and ineptitude of GEJ should nor be rewarded but APC is not the future we are waiting for.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by maestroferddi: 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
arresa:

What is dumb is you cementing your thoughts and beliefs with some baseless and unproven trash cooked up by a bitter and rejected loser...

Asori for you who can't see beyond your nose.

Maybe it never happened when the people of Ondo state resoundingly rejected to be enyoked by a foreign god in the shape of Tinubu by humiliating the APC and its figurehead Rotimi Akeredolu at the last guber polls.

Or should we say it was made up when it emerged that Fayemi's dismal embarrassment a few months ago was not so much on his unpopularity and poor performance but a clear message that the people of Ekiti were no longer going to condone the pillaging of their state to assuage self-serving forces.

Let us not even broach the case of Lagos...

I suggest you develop a mind of your own so as to critically view issues.

4 Likes

Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 7:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
seguno2:

What do you mean up there? Is it simply about sharing the national cake? When will our politics be about how to make the national cake

I didnt mean National Cake.....i used the world Prosperity deliberately to infer the goodness and totality of the economy of Nigeria be it in manufacturing,Oil and gas,power etc

No one should be politically persecutted and intentionally barred from having access to his constitutionally given right for no reason

If i have access to bring investor into this country which will benefit the masses and improve the economy of the country,the fact that i dont presently support the PDP shouldn't make the President frustrate my attempt to do that

LASG under Tinubu bought into ECONET then and made billions of naira in returns after few years......that telecom organisation came to be under a PDP Government but OBJ didnt crack down on them for letting LASG and other State Govt from buying shares into them....That is what i am saying....i didnt say people should be allowed to make money they didnt deserve by way of looting or embezzlement

1 Like

Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2014
Interesting tales from an insider. While Tinubu attack dogs are still ranting and hoping against hope that the dying APC could be rescued, their master, Tinubu, has already sold the useless party and pocketed the returns on his investment. Yeye dey smell!

1 Like

Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
quote author=jmaine

Only under your lenses sis . . . . .

even Jonathan can't fault the ptf.

They are all old guards cos they are loyal and directly connected to the aforementioned names you raised, and they are not different ideology wise . . . . And also wondering why you deliberately omitted the names of the APC hench men in red . . . .

well i removed buhari because he has never joined the pdp and he is not stupendously rich.
As for tinubu and osoba, i have not seen their contribution to the centre (FG) it will be unfair to call them old guard.

Maybe, no one can deny her factual statement . . . .

maybe no one is interested in a mud fight. Unlike what the presidency and the pdp is known for

In all, none of them collapse the party into another the way Okorocha did . . . . Being close to the PDP is not a lesser sin to being close to the ANPP . . . .

like i said ojukwu (apga founder) didn’t want anything to do with the pdp, he contested against them but obi and so sold Apga to that same party.

LIke Buhari crowd pictures in 2011 right ? 2015 will expose all pretending political gladiators . . . .

Buhari pictures was backed up with 12 million votes brother.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by arresa: 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
maestroferddi: Asori for you who can't see beyond your nose.

Maybe it never happened when the people of Ondo state resoundingly rejected to be enyoked by a foreign god in the shape of Tinubu by humiliating the APC and its figurehead Rotimi Akeredolu at the last guber polls.

Or should we say it was made up when it emerged that Fayemi dismal embarrassment a few months ago was not so much on his unpopularity and poor performance but a clear message that the people of Ekiti were no longer going to condone the pillaging of their state to assuage self-serving forces.

Let us not even broach the case of Lagos...

I suggest you develop a mind of your own so as to critically view issues.

I'm not questioning your ability and capacity to spew baseless and unfounded trash so feel free to write all the rubbish your heart desire, it doesn't bother me, what I'm questioning is your made up assertions about ownership of economic interests in areas under APC control and channeling of resources.. Do you have any facts to support that with?

Btw, you want me to develop a mind of my own, but you are here breathing and eating some disgruntled loser's epistle.. How lame of you...
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 27, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Interesting tales from an insider. While Tinubu attack dogs are still ranting and hoping against hope that the dying APC could be rescued, their master, Tinubu, has already sold the useless party and pocketed the returns on his investment. Yeye dey smell!
the defected pdp governors have even sweeter tales about you master.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 27, 2014
Sincere9gerian: Interesting tales from an insider. While Tinubu attack dogs are still ranting and hoping against hope that the dying APC could be rescued, their master, Tinubu, has already sold the useless party and pocketed the returns on his investment. Yeye dey smell!

No one is hoodwinked by your recourse to sentiment....your daily prayer has always been that evil befall Tinubu and APC,just for the mere fact that he alone( may be alongside Buhari) represent the major head-ache of PDP

Strike the sheperd and the flock will scatter.......yet Tinubu as flawed as he is,will not be deterred in launching BOMB of sorrow into the camp of the enemy

If anyone wants to destroy Tinubu,you'll had better come up with a heart-breaking scandal involving him,which can send him to jail and not this pepper-soup joint tale from an embittered man who lost out in the power game
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by jmaine: 7:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
Quotes from Obiagelli . . . .

even Jonathan can't fault the ptf

In terms of infrastructure down south and in his Niger Delta enclave ? I don't think so . . . .

well i removed buhari because he has never joined the pdp and he is not stupendously rich.
As for tinubu and osoba, i have not seen their contribution to the centre (FG) it will be unfair to call them old guard.

So your definition of old guards politicians in Nigeria are those only in the PDP, more like all politicians in the APC are good while those in the PDP are bad mantra . . .

That is invalid . . . .Buhari is an old guard politician, together with the rest of them . . . .

maybe no one is interested in a mud fight. Unlike what the presidency and the pdp is known for

A mud fight often started by the APC "oppose at all cost syndrome". I won't go further in this your APC good, PDP bad ideology . . .

like i said ojukwu (apga founder) didn’t want anything to do with the pdp, he contested against them but obi and so sold Apga to that same party.

I won't go further in this your APC good, PDP bad ideology cos it can't stand even the faintest scrutiny . . . Moreso , coming from someone who celebrated the acquisition of the "Bad and demonic" PDP governors

Buhari pictures was backed up with 12 million votes brother.

And he was dusted by a whooping 10,000,000 votes despite all those pictures sis . . . . .

1 Like

Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by maestroferddi: 7:25pm On Aug 27, 2014
soroptimist:

To the first part of the bolded i will need you to provide any evidence to substantiate that......May be its only you that Knows that resources are being funnelled or sieved away to satiate anyone.....and infact you will do well to package all of that into a petition and forward same to the comatose EFCC

If you accuse Tinubu of being a fixer....i may not argue with you,yet i ask where all of you were when he was single handedly building structures and financing NADECO and all its underground operations then right from when he was in Primrose group while still an Executive of Mobil in the 90s

Until we all get involved and take over the financing of political parties from the money bags.........we will not only continue to sermonise but agonise about the influence of the Tinubu's of this world

Also you asked if APC was the kind of opposition we wished for but let me also ask if the one you are envisioning include the Accord,APGA,LP.......or may KOWA,BNPP, all of whom are PDP by Proxy
You will wait till infinity for substantiation.

A former key leader of the party has spilled some beans. Let your people take him up.

Some selective amnesia you seem to be displaying in pretending not to be aware of what is otherwise well known in the public domain.

Buhari, in deference to him, has built political capital principally on his force of personality and charisma.

He did become an influential leader by corralling the economic resources of the north to himself.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by maestroferddi: 7:26pm On Aug 27, 2014
[quote author=soroptimist]

*Deleted Repetition*
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by basty: 7:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
mbulela: Ikimi is no saint but these grave accusations are proof that there is no true opposition in Nigeria.
All politicians are the same,looking out for their belly.
I will vote in 2015. Not because I believe in APC and the rouges who lead it but because I cannot reward the failure and ineptitude of GEJ with my vote.
I expect a specific and direct response from Lai Mohammed not one of those watery responses.
However, I might be waiting in vain.
God bless you
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
quote author=jmaine

In terms of infrastructure down south and in his Niger Delta enclave ? I don't think so . . . .

i won't do regional analysis too. Every government school/hospital benefited from the ptf.

So your definition of old guards politicians in Nigeria are those only in the PDP, more like all politicians in the APC are good while those in the PDP are bad mantra . . .

That is invalid . . . .Buhari is an old guard politician, together with the rest of them . . . .

ok buhari is the only old guard in the APC and the pdp host the rest.

A mud fight often started by the APC "oppose at all cost syndrome". I won't go further in this your APC good, PDP bad ideology . . .

well that is relative depending on where you stand.

I won't go further in this your APC good, PDP bad ideology cos it can't stand even the faintest scrutiny . . . Moreso , coming from someone who celebrated the acquisition of the "Bad and demonic" PDP governors

i celebrate the structures they offer, i think i have spoken enough about core Apc members, in fact i am more cpc than acn.

And he was dusted by a whooping 10,000,000 votes despite all those pictures sis . . . . .

the pictures didn't lie, they were from the north, come 2015 we would be adding a lot more from the south. Thanks to defecting PDP structures and acn strength.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by maestroferddi: 7:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
soroptimist:

No one is hoodwinked by your recourse to sentiment....your daily prayer has always been that evil befall Tinubu and APC,just for the mere fact that he alone( may be alongside Buhari) represent the major head-ache of PDP

Strike the sheperd and the flock will scatter.......yet Tinubu as flawed as he is,will not be deterred in launching BOMB of sorrow into the camp of the enemy

If anyone wants to destroy Tinubu,you'll had better come up with a heart-breaking scandal involving him,which can send him to jail and not this pepper-soup joint tale from an embittered man who lost out in the power game
You are really hilarious.

Those that understand the power game know that Tinubu's love for fifthy lucre is unparalleled. They make the sop readily available.

Forget all the noise. The man is solely interested in safeguarding his economic interests.

I am sure he would have since negotiated himself a soft landing while some hapless foot soldiers are still barking away.

Doesn't Ribadu's defection to PDP tell you something?
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2014
maestroferddi: You are really hilarious.

Those that understand the power game know that Tinubu's love for fifthy lucre is unparalleled. They make the sop readily available.

Forget all the noise. The man is solely interested in safeguarding his economic interests.

I am sure he would have since negotiated himself a soft landing while some hapless foot soldiers are still barking away.

Doesn't Ribadu's defection to PDP tell you something?
Democrats do business with Republican every day, so what are you talking about?
Was tinubu supposed to vote Ribadu into aso rock alone? You guys rejected him at the polls, stop pushing blames.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 7:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
maestroferddi: You will wait till infinity for substantiation.

A former key leader of the party has spilled some beans. Let your people take him up.

Some selective amnesia you seem to be displaying in pretending not to be aware of what is otherwise well known in the public domain.

Buhari, in deference to him, has built political capital principally on his force of personality and charisma.

He did become an influential leader by corralling the economic resources of the north to himself.

When did the Beans or Green Peas that Tom Ikimi allegedly spillt become a criminal offence......To be a power player and fixer

Dont Jonathan also anoint,foist or force people on the party? Have we not seen it play out all over ? But because Tinubu is a marked man for your ilk whatever he does is an abomination

GET IT INTO YOUR SYSTEM>>>>>>>Saint dont play politics!!! There are intrigues and a combination of trade offs involved and if Tinubu hitherto has mastered his own end of the game to the extent that he has continually remained relevant up till now,whoever that is not okay with his style should go and form a party if eventually you will not later be accused of being high-handed

Buhari as good and popular as he is,have had to learn with every passing electoral defeat the almighty place of MONEY in today's politicking hence the need to forge an alliance with a 'devil'

When a politician dont have the means to mobilise your men and resources for elections in Nigeria which is akin to going to war...............you will live to tell the bitter tale of being outrigged and outmanoveured

Those of us who loved GMB genuinely and have never met or hope to meet him and support him do so for the love of fatherland but i was privy to how the presidential election were rigged in favour of PDP owing to the fact that CPC doesn't have an agent in that polling booth and several other ones

Buhari's popularity alone can never win him an election unless he partners with those who have the means to help him match PDP pound-for-pound in the mobilisation of men and resources, a process which only MONEY can solve.....while Buhari can continue to leverage on his avowed puritanism,he should also master the street sense of using the undesirable elements to achieve his goals

As much as we all would want to sympathise with Tom Ikimi over his predicament....he should go and sit down
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by jmaine: 7:54pm On Aug 27, 2014
quotes from Obiagelli,

i won't do regional analysis too. Every government school/hospital benefited from the ptf.

ABacha government was a total failure, so was the PTF . . . .

ok buhari is the only old guard in the APC and the pdp host the rest.

Tinubu et al., nko ?

well that is relative depending on where you stand.

It is plain bias on your side, cos I can't say the APC doesn't have good members simply because I support the PDP . . . .

i celebrate the structures they offer, i think i have spoken enough about core Apc members, in fact i am more cpc than acn.

All I see is your poisonous bias towards the APC, you literally feel the APC is a made in heaven party were all perfections could be found. Yes, that is exactly the way you sound.

the pictures didn't lie, they were from the north, come 2015 we would be adding a lot more from the south. Thanks to defecting PDP structures and acn strength.

The Picture lied cos he lost contrary to the premature celebration of the pro Buhari group on nairaland that votes in the North was all it took to win elections.

They and their principal were all humiliated by the resounding defeat . . . .Present GMD again and lose again . . .
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by maestroferddi: 7:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli:
Democrats do business with Republican every day, so what are you talking about?
Was tinubu supposed to vote Ribadu into aso rock alone? You guys rejected him at the polls, stop pushing blames.
Which kind of business does the two major parties in the US do?

Selling out to the opposition? I beg to disagree.

Issue-based politics succeed or fail together.

BTW Ribadu jumped ship when he reckoned that his chances of making serious progress in Nigerian politics did not lie in APC whose chances of dislodging the PDP is highly infinitesimal.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 8:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
[quote author=jmaine

ABacha government was a total failure, so was the PTF . . . .
your opinion.

Tinubu et al., nko ?

well we talking centre (FG) i don't see where tinubu comes in as old guard

It is plain bias on your side, cos I can't say the APC doesn't have good members simply because I support the PDP . . . .

you know i will be the last person to say Apc is all good and pdp is all bad. At the centre, i have had enough of the pdp.

All I see is your poisonous bias towards the APC, you literally feel the APC is a made in heaven party were all perfections could be found. Yes, that is exactly the way you sound.

you also sound like you desperately want to paint the APC and the pdp in same colour so as to hide the pdp evil.

The Picture lied cos he lost contrary to the premature celebration of the pro Buhari group on nairaland that votes in the North was all it took to win elections.

definitely not me, i lost hope when the acn/cpc merger failed.

They and their principal were all humiliated by the resounding defeat . . . .Present GMD again and lose again . .

you should be concerned with what pdp presents.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by maestroferddi: 8:15pm On Aug 27, 2014
soroptimist:

When did the Beans or Green Peas that Tom Ikimi allegedly spillt become a criminal offence......To be a power player and fixer

Dont Jonathan also anoint,foist or force people on the party? Have we not seen it play out all over ? But because Tinubu is a marked man for your ilk whatever he does is an abomination

GET IT INTO YOUR SYSTEM>>>>>>>Saint dont play politics!!! There are intrigues and a combination of trade offs involved and if Tinubu hitherto has mastered his own end of the game to the extent that he has continually remained relevant up till now,whoever that is not okay with his style should go and form a party if eventually you will not later be accused of being high-handed

Buhari as good and popular as he is,have had to learn with every passing electoral defeat the almighty place of MONEY in today's politicking hence the need to forge an alliance with a 'devil'

When a politician dont have the means to mobilise your men and resources for elections in Nigeria which is akin to going to war...............you will live to tell the bitter tale of being outrigged and outmanoveured

Those of us who loved GMB genuinely and have never met or hope to meet him and support him do so for the love of fatherland but i was privy to how the presidential election were rigged in favour of PDP owing to the fact that CPC doesn't have an agent in that polling booth and several other ones

Buhari's popularity alone can never win him an election unless he partners with those who have the means to help him match PDP pound-for-pound in the mobilisation of men and resources, a process which only MONEY can solve.....while Buhari can continue to leverage on his avowed puritanism,he should also master the street sense of using the undesirable elements to achieve his goals

As much as we all would want to sympathise with Tom Ikimi over his predicament....he should go and sit down

Don't you think your thesis is throwing up the identity crisis that has been bedevilling APC most of the time?

The go about demonising the PDP while dressing themselves in a garb of sainthood. Yet they are keen to even outdo the ruling party in various shenanigans to win political power.

We wouldn't have been having issues if APC and its leaders had not adopted a stance that is turning out hypocritical...
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 8:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
maestroferddi: Which kind of business does the two major parties in the US do?

Selling out to the opposition? I beg to disagree.

Issue-based politics succeed or fail together.

BTW Ribadu jumped ship when he reckoned that his chances of making serious progress in Nigerian politics did not lie in APC whose chances of dislodging the PDP is highly infinitesimal.
i said Democrats and Republicans (individuals)

What do you mean by selling out to the opposition? Who sold out?

Ribadu was offered the APC ticket for adamawa, he chose the pdp because he thought he stood a better chance running on the pdp ticket. He wasn't going to get the APC ticket because you guys rejected him in 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

World War III: Must Watch Iranians Stoning American Soldiers Out Of Iran / Osinbajo: Investments In Youths Will Guarantee Security / Obasanjo Asks Tambuwal, Others To Step Down!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.