Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal (4978 Views)

Tom Ikimi Arrested By EFCC - Sahara Reporters / Tinubu Came To See Me 3 Times B4 I Approved Oando Conocophilips Deal - Diezani / Buhari Overthrew Shagari Over $2.8b Oil Scam: Tinubu Wants APC VP Slot – Ikimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Desric(m): 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2014
comos:
Let internal democracy reign
APC is just about Tinubu and buhari
I foresee more people decamping to PDP,
I wonder if there will be any opposition to face PDP in 2015
Do you in fact know the meaning of internal Democracy? How many national PDP caucus meetings do you see Tambuwal attending of late? ..... to maintain your strategy against your enemy, "a mole must be treated as a mole". Tom Tom suddenly became a Judas thereby getting the treatment he got.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 27, 2014
OAM4J:

Did we read the same text?

He sure wanted to be chairman, he obtained the form (though didnt submit it, when it became obvious he was not going to win). When he found out the position was zoned to his zone, he thought all he needed was Edo governor and Edo APC members' support. forgetting that the position is still a national position.

Ikimi has reasons to be bitter, what I don't know is if leaving APC is the solution especially when all his complaints are about one man - Tinubu.

I am not a fan of Tinubu and I dont like an idea of one man having majority control/influence of a political party but one cannot dismiss the contributions of Tinubu, his doggedness and courage in standing firm against a one-party state since the days of OBJ. He has his flaws and they are many, but Ikimi is not a saint either. Even his write-up tells a lot about his flaws and characters. I see an egocentric and deluded person that is living in past glories from his write up.

Give and take, there are no saints politics. Both Ikimi and Tinubu are no saints.

He initially intended to contest but after learning that the whole process will definitely be a sham, he decided to withdraw his ambition.

He has every reason to be bitter about the status quo. A situation where a one man - Tinubu - who is supposed to be and act like a leader, is betraying the sincere ambitions of his political friends for a plate of rice is highly treacherous and rightly deserves vexation. Besides, Ikimi is not the only aggrieved high-ranking member of the party.

From the look of things, it is quite clear that Tinubu's "doggedness and courage" has always been for selfish reasons. His dream of being a godfather extraordinaire has been materialised but his greed is tilting towards and if he's not careful, doom awaits.

I also don't believe there's a saint in Nigerian politics but this article is not about. Forget the preacher and listen to the message
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by jmaine: 2:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
Ikimi has revealed the power struggle cancer bedeviling the APC with Tinubu fighting tooth and nail to have his way at all cost . . . .

The storm brewing in the APC is even more threatening than what the PDP passed through, I wish them the best cos the future is pregnant with more chaos in the party . . . . . .
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 3:13pm On Aug 27, 2014
OAM4J:

There are always champions of every new course, they will fade to the background with time. If APC remains, I dont see both of Tinubu and Buhari holding prominent positions or that influential in APC in 10 years.

Where are OBJ and IBB in PDP today?
well said. This can also be rapidly done if nigerians embrace the 2 parties and force them to always present their best candidates instead of the usual lazy sayings that nothing good can come out of both parties.
Nigerians are lazy, they want everything to happen right without lifting a finger.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Goddex: 3:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
[size=13pt]I pity all these little janjaweeeds running their mouths everywhere in the media.

When the chips are down their Thiefnubuu will betray and sell out again like he did to Ribadu in 2011[/size]

1 Like

Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by ahaika23: 3:18pm On Aug 27, 2014
In the voice of Adams Oshio "Ikimi goband die". PDP don't need you either. Go and slug it out in the Aggrieved congress.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
jmaine: Ikimi has revealed the power struggle cancer bedeviling the APC with Tinubu fighting tooth and nail to have his way at all cost . . . .

The storm brewing in the APC is even more threatening than what the PDP passed through, I wish them the best cos the future is pregnant with more chaos in the party . . . . . .

jmaine don't be fooled, ikimi was ibb/Abacha's boy, the core elements in the APC will never allow him hold key position in the party, same goes for the likes of alimodu Sheriff, FFk and even atiku. The people are kept at arms length. There are only 3 influential groups in the APC, the Buhari group, the tinubu group and the governors. Have you heard that Atiku is tactical being pushed to run for adamawa governor? I see his likes and other plastic opposition element decamping soon.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by strangest(m): 3:29pm On Aug 27, 2014
All Progressive Criminals trying to break away from the People Dat Parties
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by jmaine: 3:33pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli:
jmaine don't be fooled, ikimi was ibb/Abacha's boy, the core elements in the APC will never allow him hold key position in the party, same goes for the likes of alimodu Sheriff, FFk and even atiku. The people are kept at arms length. There are only 3 influential groups in the APC, the Buhari group, the tinubu group and the governors. Have you heard that Atiku is tactical being pushed to run for adamawa governor? I see his likes and other plastic opposition element decamping soon.

Buhari also worked for Abacha and even vouched publicly for the man that he isn't corrupt , so what's the fuss here ?

The same Ikimi and Atiku were selected into the party BOT, but Ikimi dismissed the offer while Atiku accepted his, and if you believe the news that Atiku can be cajoled to contest for governorship in Adamawa, I will be disappointed.

You are also forgetting that Atiku has some form of leverage from the governors caucus , specifically from the PDP defectors who are gradually hijacking the politicking from their SW counterparts.

There is an upcoming turmoil in the APC with respect to their presidential candidacy, cos there are too many power players jostling for prominence at the National level.

Anyway, I wish them the best . . . . .

4 Likes

Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 27, 2014
jmaine:

Buhari also worked for Abacha and even vouched publicly for the man that he isn't corrupt , so what's the fuss here ?

The same Ikimi and Atiku were selected into the party BOT, but Ikimi dismissed the offer while Atiku accepted his, and if you believe the news that Atiku can be cajoled to contest for governorship in Adamawa, I will be disappointed.

You are also forgetting that Atiku has some form of leverage from the governors caucus , specifically from the PDP defectors who are gradually hijacking the politicking from their SW counterparts.

There is an upcoming turmoil in the APC with respect to their presidential candidacy, cos there are too many power players jostling for prominence at the National level.

Anyway, I wish them the best . . . . .
Buhari was Head of Ptf, obj could decide to head the efcc under Jonathan but that does not make him gej's boy. I believe you know what boy means in Nigeria's politics.

Honestly i don't know why buhari made that statement on abacha, that is if he ever did, i have read too many lies credited to the man.

Trust me, Atiku controls little power in the APC, handing adamawa to his is a statement of "thats all you get".
Of course they will be in the Bot but we know which 3 groups makes the decisions.

Most people don't understand the APC, absorbing atiku and co was only to weaken the pdp.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by emiye(m): 4:01pm On Aug 27, 2014
I for one believe those who might one to cause division in APC October presidential primaries are leaving, they had better leave.

I also believe it would have been a mistake if Ikimi or sylva had gotten the APC chairmanship seat.

APC has won over 90% of the battle in its survival war.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by jmaine: 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli:
Buhari was Head of Ptf, obj could decide to head the efcc under Jonathan but that does not make him gej's boy. I believe you know what boy means in Nigeria's politics.

The moment OBJ decides to head a parastatal under GEJ, there is one word to it . ." Demotion" in the Nigerian context . . . Cos OBJ will be subject to the political whims of GEJ even in public glare . . .

It's like Tinubu handling a port folio under Fashola, how does that sound with respect to Tinubu imposing pedigree as a lord . . . .

Obiagelli:

Honestly i don't know why buhari made that statement on abacha, that is if he ever did, i have read too many lies credited to the man.

Yes he did, and it was a very shameful one at that . . . . .

Obiagelli:
Trust me, Atiku controls little power in the APC, handing adamawa to his is a statement of "thats all you get".
Of course they will be in the Bot but we know which 3 groups makes the decisions.

Okay, but we all know Atiku is capable of engineering dissent when things doesn't go his way. And it will be relatively easier to create problems in the APC since the suture joints in the party is gradually eroding due to the impacts of gladiators ruthlessly fighting for the soul of the party . . . .

Obiagelli:
Most people don't understand the APC, absorbing atiku and co was only to weaken the pdp.

You don't adopt trouble makers to make you stronger . . .They will only cause a division in your home thereby weakening you more . . .That is exactly what the defecting PDP governors did to the APC together with Atiku.

Enjoy the ride . . . . .
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by feedthenation(m): 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2014
All Nigerian politicians are just the same, including the 'two actors' in the OP's article.

No truth in whatever they say, they are all seeking political positions for their own gains.

It has been like that since the first republic.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 27, 2014
jmaine

The moment OBJ decides to head a parastatal under GEJ, there is one word to it . ." Demotion" in the Nigerian context . . . Cos OBJ will be subject to the political whims of GEJ even in public glare . . .

It's like Tinubu handling a port folio under Fashola, how does that sound with respect to Tinubu imposing pedigree as a lord . . . .

that is why we are looking for leaders that will do away with the Nigerian context.

Yes he did, and it was a very shameful one at that . . . . .

i would like to hear from the man himself and his reason, don't forget it was this same Buhari that refused Mohammed Abacha kano ticket in the Cpc.

Okay, but we all know Atiku is capable of engineering dissent when things doesn't go his way. And it will be relatively easier to create problems in the APC since the suture joints in the party is gradually eroding due to the impacts of gladiators ruthlessly fighting for the soul of the party . . . .

You don't adopt trouble makers to make you stronger . . .They will only cause a division in your home thereby weakening you more . . .That is exactly what the defecting PDP governors did to the APC together with Atiku.

it wasn't so much getting stronger, it was more of weakening your enemy. Bro, the core of the APC (Acn and CPC) are going nowhere.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by jmaine: 4:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
Qoutes from Obiagelli . . . . . .

that is why we are looking for leaders that will do away with the Nigerian context.

And who is controlling their process of selection . . . The same men who we are seeking this change from . . . .

i would like to hear from the man himself and his reason, don't forget it was this same Buhari that refused Mohammed Abacha kano ticket in the Cpc.

That man has his reasons, so while you wait to hear from him, it doesn't change the fact that he made them . . . .

it wasn't so much getting stronger, it was more of weakening your enemy. Bro, the core of the APC (Acn and CPC) are going nowhere

Which means the ANPP and Okorocha APGA faction can go to blazes for all you care , simply because the ACN and CPC are staying put, but you forgot the fact that notable party chieftains from both the CPC and ACN has decamped . .

talk about strengthening the enemy (PDP) in disguise. . . . . grin
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by agabaI23(m): 4:31pm On Aug 27, 2014
AjanleKoko: Well . . . these people aren't in a war. Bizznizz must remain Bizznizz na wink
Abi won't Jagaban do his bizznizz ni tongue

Na una floor members dey halla. grin
I laugh in urhobo lingo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
quote author= jmaine

And who is controlling their process of selection . . . The same men who we are seeking this change from . . . .
i will wait for the APC to disappoint me in its selection first before i agree with you but so far so good.

That man has his reasons, so while you wait to hear from him, it doesn't change the fact that he made them . . . .
like i said earlier i have seen so many lies credited to the man buhari. The person that said Abacha was a saint refused his son the cpc ticket, something is not right.

Which means the ANPP and Okorocha APGA faction can go to blazes for all you care , simply because the ACN and CPC are staying put, but you forgot the fact that notable party chieftains from both the CPC and ACN has decamped . .
i have told you in the past, i have never been a fan of the Anpp other than they brought in voting power from 3 states. I am yet to see core Acn and CPC members leave ( then i will believe there is a problem)
You know igbos killed rochas chances,

Sheriff, FFk, marwa, ikimi and co are very unstable, always had a leg in the pdp. I consider Shekarau the only real loss.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 27, 2014
jmaine: Qoutes from Obiagelli . . . . . .

Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by maestroferddi: 4:55pm On Aug 27, 2014
soroptimist:

God bless you edogirl......Ikimi is just out to hoodwink the gullible..........His latest singing escapades like a canary will only fool the illiterates who will not be able to dispassionately separate Tinubu the business man from Tinubu the Politician

What is the sin in Tinubu using his clout to make the Fed Govt remove the impediment they placed on his business interest even while he still remains a staunch opponent of the same Federal Government

It is not only those who are in PDP that should or must have access to Nigeria's National prosperity......Being in opposition does not make one an enemy of the country

People who are given to emotion and shout 'eh' 'oh' 'uh' after reading all this epistle of Tom Ikimi thinks it is only a saint that can play politics

Did Gani Fawehinmi,Tai Solarin supposedly decent and clean men not stand for election in Nigeria.......did you all vote for them?

Politicking involves a lot of money and logistics and a pauper cant play in that league no matter how rich in idea or manifesto the person or party is

In as much as none of us is ready to become financial members of political parties as it used to be the case in the 60s-80s,then we will continue to make do with money bags who are prepared to fill in the blanks with their resources
I hope you can smell the coffee now.

Yesterday you were trying too hard to out-sing a canary by stating that Ikimi wields infinitesimal influence .

I hope you can see the can of worms he has just opened.

...Tinubu the businessman...

Really? Where is the precedence? Did Awo achieve a cult followership in Western Region political consciousness by an unconscionable quest for personal aggrandisement?

Take heed in what you support because it will not be inconceivable if Tinubi begins to buy the likes of you as a personal chattel.
Who knows what would happen when there are no more public establishments to gazump in the South West?
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by RockMaxi: 4:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
All politicians are enemies in the day and friends at night. Sieve the facts when they open their mouth to talk and leave the rest. Believe them at your own risk.

grin
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by jmaine: 5:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli: [/color] i will wait for the APC to disappoint me in its selection first before i agree with you but so far so good. [/color]

Okay, when we are seeing names like Buhari and Kwankwaso popping up everywhere . . .Lolz . . .

Obiagelli: [/color] like i said earlier i have seen so many lies credited to the man buhari. The person that said Abacha was a saint refused his son the cpc ticket, something is not right. [/color]

Even Maryam Abacha who is claiming she brought Buhari into politics has this to say . . . . . grin . . . . Whatever led to his rejection appeared to be beyond Buhari . . . . . cos he has a soft spot for the Abachas . . . .

I brought General Buhari into politics; It’s not that I want to expose him. We did everything to support and encourage him. He called my son Mohammed to join the Congress for Progressive Change, CPC. They rejected Mohammed by force during the governorship race -:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/158471-interview-how-i-brought-buhari-into-politics-only-for-him-to-humiliate-my-son-maryam-abacha.html#sthash.zlHuSYjo.dpbs

Obiagelli: [/color] have told you in the past, i have never been a fan of the Anpp other than they brought in voting power from 3 states. I am yet to see core Acn and CPC members leave ( then i will believe there is a problem) [/color]

Am sure Justice Alfa Belgore and Burba Marwa weren't core CPC people in your books . . . .

Obiagelli: [/color] have told you in the past, i have never been a fan of the Anpp other than they brought in voting power from 3 states. I am yet to see core Acn and CPC members leave ( then i will believe there is a problem) [/color]

You know igbos killed rochas chances,

Rochas killed himself by fractionizing a party the Igbos love so much for personal gains . . .The backlash is expected . . . .

Sheriff, FFk, marwa, ikimi and co are very unstable, always had a leg in the pdp. I consider Shekarau the only real loss.

Same can be said with respect to the PDP defectors in whom you are well pleased . . . . . .
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by maestroferddi: 5:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
Nwoguphillip: Pure speculation Tom Tom what's wrong with you ....wale Tinubu is more than capable as md n CEO of Oando to resolve his issues without Asiwaju who has no business ties with Oando as the structure of Oando board portrays. Wale Tinubu is not involved in politics and is not a Politician and has very good relationship with nnpc being a very competent business man helping to boost the national economy . Uncivilised as Abiola called you is why you cannot see clearly to understand the link is not the way you see it. Do you not know the chairman of Oando have uyou not seen the constitution of the board are the board members not capable enough, why must you always mention Tinubu you are so caught up in envy and admiration you cannot even decipher what is important or feasible in this situation. Go and rest at 70 you have tried.. Enibonafe Joro mi JoMiri jo
Like seriously, how old are you?

Should I wager that you have not heard of fronting in business?

Nigerians and their primordial sentiments..
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by maestroferddi: 5:12pm On Aug 27, 2014
J12:

The man clearly stated that he had no intention to vie for the chairmanship of the APC. Hence, I thinks it makes no sense trying to rope him for something he never claimed of getting involved in.

In another vein, it is very treacherous on the part of Tinubu to continually sell the national ambitions and destiny of "his party" to the his opponents. As a leader, he is solemnly expected to stand by the party's candidates at all times and not use them as pawns in his political games.

The allegations Ikimi made are very correct. The aftermath of Tinubu's actions are very visible - In the defections of key and honest party members like Ribadu, the loss of an APC state to the PDP and the negative views the nigerian politically conscious public hold towards the APC.

Tinubu is traitor and anybody who chooses to be his ally should be wary of his negative attitude towards competition and democracy.
Let APC and its supporters keep playing ostrich instead of addressing salient issues Ikimi has raised in his treatise.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 27, 2014
maestroferddi:

Really? Where is the precedence? Did Awo achieve a cult followership in Western Region political consciousness by an unconscionable quest for personal aggrandisement?

Trying to compare politicking during Awo's time and what is presently obtainable is akin to comparing Heaven and Hell

We had a situation where members contributed to the party from whence the party got money to run itself.....The people own the party and had a sense of belonging with them....Not what is happening now,where most of us are apatethic and would not want to spend our fortune to support a cause

The Military incursion in our body polity by IBB wherein he banned almost all the old war-horse who knew much about party management and ideology,paved the way for the winner takes all mentality we now have

And adaptability being a part of a man's survival instinct,a situation whereby almost all the Military Generals having been pushed out of power and their conservative element who have benefitted a lot found their way to the PDP and were ever prepared to outmuscle and outspend anyone in order to keep the cookie jar from being taken away from them......

Tinubu simply stepped up to the plate by matching the reactionary forces of PDP,wit for wit and money for money

Tinubu can't be preaching ideology when the conservative forces are distributing rice,kerosene and recharge card to an already pauparised electorates which is ready to mortgage their future on the altar of stomach infrastructure

My enemy cant be fighting me with an AK-47 and you expect me to draw a catapult

Those of us mouthing off and acting sanctimonious should go and form a party,pay your membership fees,develop an ideology....so as to take the Tinubu's out of circulation

Tom Ikimi should go to PDP and become the Chairman if he cant have his way in APC
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by maestroferddi: 5:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
Desric: Do you in fact know the meaning of internal Democracy? How many national PDP caucus meetings do you see Tambuwal attending of late? ..... to maintain your strategy against your enemy, "a mole must be treated as a mole". Tom Tom suddenly became a Judas thereby getting the treatment he got.
Tambuwal...Another mistake waiting to happen!

The man is consumed by a sense of self-importance and delusions of grandeur.

We are not saying the legislature should remain a rubber stamp of the executive arm of government, but the way Tambuwal is conducting himself, I don't see him remaining relevant after 2015.

I was thinking he could take a cue from the fate of the likes of Ghali Umar Na'Abba and Dimeji Bankole.

PDP are not unaware of his romance with the opposition.

I am very curious to see the end of game the incumbent speaker has been playing. Right now, he could be termed a beast of no nation.
Instead of consolidating his position in PDP while watching which way the cookie would crumble, he is busy flirting with the opposition possibly on the misguided assumption that he can just emerge from the blues to pick the APC presidential slot.

One would have expected some circumspection from him given the circumstances behind his emergence.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 5:36pm On Aug 27, 2014
quote author=jmaine

Okay, when we are seeing names like Buhari and Kwankwaso popping up everywhere . . .Lolz . . .
i don't think we should go for the Buhari argument, you my stand and i know yours. Kwakwanso haa performed well enough to take a shot at the presidency. Don't tell me you have a problem with where he comes from (tribalism)
Btw he has done far better than gej did when he was governor.

Even Maryam Abacha who is claiming she brought Buhari into politics has this to say . . . . . grin . . . . Whatever led to his rejection appeared to be beyond Buhari . . . . . cos he has a soft spot for the Abachas . . . .

Buhari was Cpc and CPC was buhari.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/158471-interview-how-i-brought-buhari-into-politics-only-for-him-to-humiliate-my-son-maryam-abacha.html#sthash.zlHuSYjo.dpbs

Am sure Justice Alfa Belgore and Burba Marwa weren't core CPC people in your books . . . .

marwa contested pdp primaries in 2003.

Rochas killed himself by fractionizing a party the Igbos love so much for personal gains . . .The backlash is expected . . . .
its unfair to blame rochas for the fall of apga. It wasn't as if Apga was one when rochas left.

Same can be said with respect to the PDP defectors in whom you are well pleased . . . . . .

well we know the bigger loser, rivers, kano and Sokoto is no joke o.

[/quote]
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by yomexp(m): 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
soroptimist:

Trying to compare politicking during Awo's time and what is presently obtainable is akin to comparing Heaven and Hell

We had a situation where members contributed to the party from whence the party got money to run itself.....The people own the party and had a sense of belonging with them....Not what is happening now,where most of us are apatethic and would not want to spend our fortune to support a cause

The Military incursion in our body polity by IBB wherein he banned almost all the old war-horse who knew much about party management and ideology,paved the way for the winner takes all mentality we now have

And adaptability being a part of a man's survival instinct,a situation whereby almost all the Military Generals having been pushed out of power and their conservative element who have benefitted a lot found their way to the PDP and were ever prepared to outmuscle and outspend anyone in order to keep the cookie jar from being taken away from them....
well said
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by jmaine: 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
Quotes from Obiagelli,

i don't think we should go for the Buhari argument, you my stand and i know yours. Kwakwanso haa performed well enough to take a shot at the presidency. Don't tell me you have a problem with where he comes from (tribalism)
Btw he has done far better than gej did when he was governor

In simple terms, they don't belong to "leaders that will do away with the Nigerian context", they are all old guard politicians in it for themselves only . . . . .

Buhari was Cpc and CPC was buhari

You are not privy to inhouse opposition to Muhammed Abacha, why invite someone to join a party then in turn stifle his legitimate aspirations to be elected on the platform you wield so much power . . .

Appears Buhari is one complex fellow . . . . .

marwa contested pdp primaries in 2003.

Likewise Aliyu Wamakko and Amosun who also contested Elections under the ANPP banner . . .And Wamakko is currently the force navigating the governors caucus of the APC despite criss crossing from the ANPP - PDP - APC . . . .

its unfair to blame rochas for the fall of apga. It wasn't as if Apga was one when rochas left.

It is his primary responsibility to make APGA one and unified, unlike the treacherous way he forced APGA into an alliance with the APC . . . .

well we know the bigger loser, rivers, kano and Sokoto is no joke o.

Of what use it is to gain those states, while ultimately losing the soul of the party like what is currently unfolding now . . . .

The APC is the bigger loser . . . . .
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by yomexp(m): 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
this chairmanship loss pain ikimi no be small
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by fyneguy: 6:00pm On Aug 27, 2014
comos:
Let internal democracy reign
APC is just about Tinubu and buhari
I foresee more people decamping to PDP,
I wonder if there will be any opposition to face PDP in 2015

PDP is about who? Nigerians?
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by arresa: 6:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
Good to see the moles, political liabilities and dead weights gone for good.

Quality is always better than quantity.

He's free to join FFK and start writing hateful and bigoted essays all over the place...
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
quote author=jmaine

In simple terms, they don't belong to "leaders that will do away with the Nigerian context", they are all old guard politicians in it for themselves only . . . . .

but Buhari defiled your Nigerian context serving under Abacha, anyways we can spend the whole week discussing our views on Buhari.
How is Kwankwaso part of the old guard?
In fact the pdp is the old guard.

You are not privy to inhouse opposition to Muhammed Abacha, why invite someone to join a party then in turn stifle his legitimate aspirations to be elected on the platform you wield so much power . . .

Appears Buhari is one complec fellow . . . . .
now you take maryam Abacha's words? Interesting.

Likewise Aliyu Wamakko and Amosun who also contested Elections under the ANPP banner . . .And Wamakko is currently the force navigating the governors caucus of the APC despite criss crossing from the ANPP - PDP - APC . . . .

Amosun is core opposition to the pdp. Well the APC governors (3rd power block) have their reasons why wamakko directs the north west but Amaechi is still heads all Apc governors.

It is his primary responsibility to make APGA one and unified, unlike the treacherous way he forced APGA into an alliance with the APC . . . .

igbo leaders sold apga to the PDP long before rochas left.

Of what use it is to gain those states, while ultimately losing the soul of the party like what is currently unfolding now . . . .

The APC is the bigger loser . . . . .
until the defection, Apc had no power in Kano, rivers and Sokoto, today they have strong structures unlike what ikimi, FFk, Shekarau, Modu Sherriff and Ribadu will give the pdp.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Else Has Noticed The Sharp Drop In Number Of Likes For Pro APC Articles / U.k- Biafra: Nigerians Clash With Biafrans In London Brawl / BREAKING | Buhari Disowns Garba Shehu, Insists Aisha Belongs To The Kitchen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.