Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal (4977 Views)

Tom Ikimi Arrested By EFCC - Sahara Reporters / Tinubu Came To See Me 3 Times B4 I Approved Oando Conocophilips Deal - Diezani / Buhari Overthrew Shagari Over $2.8b Oil Scam: Tinubu Wants APC VP Slot – Ikimi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 27, 2014
maestroferddi: Don't you think your thesis is throwing up the identity crisis that has been bedevilling APC most of the time?

The go about demonising the PDP while dressing themselves in a garb of sainthood. Yet they are keen to even outdo the ruling party in various shenanigans to win political power.

We wouldn't have been having issues if APC and its leaders had not adopted a stance that is turning out hypocritical...
maybe they learnt from the previous rejection from Nigerians. You guys never vote decent people, the likes of Utomi, Ribadu, lima, momodu contested and lost woefully in the past.
I laugh at the same nigerians now are clamouring for independent candidates.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by jmaine: 8:27pm On Aug 27, 2014
Quotes From Obiagelli . . . . .

your opinion.

Thank you . . . . .

well we talking centre (FG) i don't see where tinubu comes in as old guard

Am sure in your dictionary only those in the center and corrupt and deserve the "politician" tag . . .Lolz . . .

Tinubu is an old guard politician . . .Simples . . . .

you also sound like you desperately want to paint the APC and the pdp in same colour so as to hide the pdp evil.

Am sure the politicians in the APC fell from heaven and are non Nigerians who didn't hold any elective offices, or any leadership position in Nigeria.

That is the fraudulent message you are trying to pass as the truth . . .

definitely not me, i lost hope when the acn/cpc merger failed

Okay . . . . .

you should be concerned with what pdp presents.

The PDP is rock solid and well grounded, the APC should do the worrying instead . . . .
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 8:34pm On Aug 27, 2014
jmaine: Quotes From Obiagelli . . . . .

Thank you . . . . .

Am sure in your dictionary only those in the center and corrupt and deserve the "politician" tag . . .Lolz . . .

Tinubu is an old guard politician . . .Simples . . . .

Am sure the politicians in the APC fell from heaven and are non Nigerians who didn't hold any elective offices, or any leadership position in Nigeria.

That is the fraudulent message you are trying to pass as the truth . . .

Okay . . . . .

The PDP is rock solid and well grounded, the APC should do the worrying instead . . . .
at this point, we can only wait and see. Let the pdp make Shekarau, aganga, soludo, or even Akpabio their candidate and i will vote them.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by jmaine: 8:39pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli:
at this point, we can only wait and see. Let the pdp make Shekarau, aganga, soludo, or even Akpabio their candidate and i will vote them.

If the APC should present Pat Utomi, I will vote for them . . . .Confirmed . . .
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
jmaine:

If the APC should present Pat Utomi, I will vote for them . . . .Confirmed . . .
Ah, you and i know he won't win. Sad story of Nigeria
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by mbulela: 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2014
soroptimist:

If you accuse Tinubu of being a fixer....i may not argue with you,yet i ask where all of you were when he was single handedly building structures and financing NADECO and all its underground operations then right from when he was in Primrose group while still an Executive of Mobil in the 90s

Also you asked if APC was the kind of opposition we wished for but let me also ask if the one you are envisioning include the Accord,APGA,LP.......or may KOWA,BNPP, all of whom are PDP by Proxy

I have serious issues with the two arguments you have raised above?
So because he single handedly built structures we should not complain when he is allegedly turning governance into a pyramid scheme? This is avert dangerous tendency and I see it ruining South Africa where buffoons are in power simply because of there apartheid struggle credentials. Over there I ask,for how long will we beholden to those who helped liberate us? Is it until they imprison us again? In tinubu's case I ask will we be holden until he has recouped all he invested and made adroit of over 500 percent?
On the second part,should we clap for APC simply because it is better than Accord? Must we set the bar that low?
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by mbulela: 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
jmaine:

I am not looking for a saint,all I want is someone with some conscience and different from PDP. These band of barbarians are all one and the same.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 27, 2014
mbulela:

So because he single handedly built structures we should not coming lain when he is allegedly turning governance into a pyramid scheme? This is avert dangerous tendency and I see it ruining South Africa where buffoons are in power simply because of there apartheid struggle credentials. Over there I ask,for how long will we beholden to those who helped liberate us? Is it until they imprison us again? In tinubu's case I ask will we be holden until he has recouped all he invested and made adroit of over 500 percent?
On the second part,should we clap for APC simply because it is better than Accord? Must we set the bar that low?
Agree
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by mbulela: 8:50pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli:
maybe they learnt from the previous rejection from Nigerians. You guys never vote decent people, the likes of Utomi, Ribadu, lima, momodu contested and lost woefully in the past.
I laugh at the same nigerians now are clamouring for independent candidates.
Which Momodu?
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 27, 2014
mbulela:
I am not looking for a saint,all I want is someone with some conscience and different from PDP. These band of barbarians are all one and the same.
lets wait for who the APC will present, unlike the pdp they don't allow their Crooks run for office.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 8:52pm On Aug 27, 2014
mbulela:
Which Momodu?
dele momodu.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by jmaine: 8:56pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli:
Ah, you and i know he won't win. Sad story of Nigeria

In the nearest future, it will be possible . . . . .

mbulela:

Correct . . .
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by maestroferddi: 8:59pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli:
dele momodu.
Is Dele Momodu a serious politician or is he merely providing comic relief?
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 9:05pm On Aug 27, 2014
maestroferddi: Is Dele Momodu a serious politician or is he merely providing comic relief?
well he contested seriously but our love for crooks didn't allow us vote him.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 9:06pm On Aug 27, 2014
jmaine:

In the nearest future, it will be possible . . . . .

possible if we demand better candidates from our parties not the likes pdp keep giving us.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by jmaine: 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli:

possible if we demand better candidates from our parties not the likes pdp keep giving us.

And who will the APC present . . .Buhari or a Kwankwaso right . . . .Well done . . . .
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by mbulela: 9:09pm On Aug 27, 2014
Obiagelli:
dele momodu.
You are a funny lady.
Dele should go and lose weight first. His obesity is a lack of discipline.
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 27, 2014
jmaine:

And who will the APC present . . .Buhari or a Kwankwaso right . . . .Well done . . . .
sad
Re: Ikimi Carpets Tinibu Over Conocophilips Deal by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 27, 2014
mbulela:

So because he single handedly built structures we should not complain when he is allegedly turning governance into a pyramid scheme? This is avert dangerous tendency and I see it ruining South Africa where buffoons are in power simply because of there apartheid struggle credentials. Over there I ask,for how long will we beholden to those who helped liberate us? Is it until they imprison us again? In tinubu's case I ask will we be holden until he has recouped all he invested and made adroit of over 500 percent?

You are not getting my line of arguement

Infact i am not asking that we deify Tinubu or that his modus operandi overtime should be sustained but what i am trying to say as a realist is that what is presently obtainable unless structurally changed is not likely to stop

Now let me ask you and i need a dispassionate answer........

While PDP is allowed to dip its hand into our National coffers to intimidate and buy off almost everyone to its side......where do you expect the opposition to get funding to stand the chance of being able to confront the almighty ruling party? or are you an advocate of a one party state,wherein the opposition is allowed to be run over due to lack of capacity to compete

Is if from you and i,who ab initio dont believe in subscribing to the ownership of a political party?

See we tried that with Chief Gani Fawehinmi's NCP where i was a member and it seriously backfired....we taxed and tasked ourselves to breaking point yet we could not mobilise enough resources to do a lot of things......Do you know what it means to have agents in all the ward,LG,state and National totalling about 150,000 polling booths so that you are not outrigged and 'tactically manoveured'?

Even Prof Pat Utomi who ran for the Presidency single-handedly without a Godfather under SDMP cried out with serious agony when he got to the N500million naira mark and discovered there was yet more ground to be covered......even at that did you all vote for him.....didnt you all scoff at him that he was the best of the lot but cant win

Everywhere all over the world,there are patrons of political parties but their influence is masked significantly through so many business fronts and foundations whereas Tinubu is conspicously visible in our polity

Those who speak from a puritanistic point of view without coming up with solution are just deceiving themselves......and the solution is

If we dont want money bags to dictate the pace or lord things over us in any of the political parties.....Then which of us is ready to become financial members of which ever party we hold so dear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Picture Of The Three Nigerians Killed By Buhari's Retroactive Decree / Who Else Has Noticed The Sharp Drop In Number Of Likes For Pro APC Articles / BREAKING: Oba Of Egbeda Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.