Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,574 members, 7,840,369 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Nigeria Flag Is Fading - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Flag Is Fading (753 Views)

Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring / Is There Any Ingenuity In The Design Of Nigeria Flag. (akinkumi Over Celebrated) / Like Play, Like Play, Boko Haram Is Fading. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Flag Is Fading by ademate(m): 5:22pm On Aug 27, 2014
Let me start my article from the song sung by Sunny Okosu before he became a pastor “which way Nigeria?” I grown up with the song, I do listening to the music on NTA station, but then I don’t understand the meaning of the song, I just listening to it.
Sir Okosu sang the song in 80s still Nigeria has not yet found the right path to move forward. This makes me afraid for the nearest future of this country. The problems Nigeria been facing since her independence still in position without solution but problems comes in millions.
Do we still believe in this country called Nigeria, I know many we say yes but why do we will find things difficult to settle without sentiment? Our fore father fought for independent hoping that our self government will be better that British indirect government. Alhaji Tafa Balewa, Dr. Nnamidi Azikiwe, Chief Obafemi Awolowo the three great and intelligent men rose for Nigeria independence. We became sovereignty country, many believe that the future of Nigeria is bright, when each of these men beings to developed there region with little things they have cocoa in the west, palm oil and robber in east while groundnut in the north, each region beings a great competition for development.
Nigeria first face political crisis, in the south west “the wet e” many Nigeria people died, properties destroyed. This leads to the imprisonment of Chief Obafemi Awolowo after he suffered for the independence of this country. Military take over the democracy government of Sir Shehu Shagari, claiming that there was a corruption and waste of resource in the government. From there Nigeria suffer mostly in the hand of military, difference military men run the affair of this country like their family farmland.
Some Nigeria rose up to clamoring for democracy, military killed many of them for asking for what they believed is not good for the country. Military killed politicians, lecturers, journalist, judges, activist lawyer, and many more to silent them but when pressure are much on them, one the military man decided to return democracy back to Nigeria. He asked his friend to contest for the presidency. We all knew the end of the story of M.K.O Abiola in the hand of President Babagida how he was maltreated and he was brutalized by General Sani Abacha and later died in the handle of General Abudul Salam Nigeria flag is fading
Chief M.K.O Abiola did not just dead, there are some politicians who did not want him to return and claimed his mandate. They killed him inside the prison, lied to Nigerians that he died of heart attack. June 12 election was the bitter experience of every Nigerian citizen, the death of many Nigerians such as Chief Bola Ige, Femi Anikulapo Kuti, Dr. Rasome Kuti, Chief Mrs Kudirat Abiola and others to mention view. Who is behind there death politicians!
Yet military return democracy to us; handover to the former head of state General Olusegun Obansanjo he became elected President after God saved him from narrows death under People Democratic Party, some politicians were not satisfied because the election that brought him into power was not free and fair. He beings to received criticism from politicians especially Yoruba politicians, under his administration corrupts politicians beings to face EFCC, some politicians beings to cry foul that it is witch-hurting on administration opponent. Now the pass glory the EFCC itself has been tarnished by these corrupt politicians. EFCC is now a sleeping dog with a chain on his neck. Nigeria flag is fading
Maybe former President sees that these fourth republican politicians were not matured enough to handover to; he decide to changed Nigeria constitution for his third term agenda, some politicians rose up and kicked against it. Nigeria flag is fading.
President Obasanjo personally anointed late Musa Yar’adua and Goodluck Ebele Jonathan as president and Vice President respectively against the interest of his deputy president Alhaji Atiku, Obasanjo play mighty power on Nigerians both Yar’adua and Jonathan won the election either by fraud or fair. Yar’adua could not rule the nation as he wishes. His sickness beings to give him more trouble than when he was Kastina State governor, I believed that no Nigeria newspapers was once had a report concern the health condition of Yar’adua when he was a governor. Late President Yar’adua was hospitalized in India, this turn into chaos when some politicians from south south started to canvass for Jonathan to become the acting President, while northern leaders and politicians sees it as a threat to their leadership.
Many Nigerians stood up to fight for Jonathan especially Save Nigeria Group lead by Pastor Bakare of Later Rain Assembly, (his involvement in 2007 elections as running mate to General Buhari has submitted him as enemy of GEJ in the eyes of his supporters afterward). Every move by Pastor Bakare to show solidarity to GEJ administration, GEJ supporters rubbish it. I am sure Pastor himself will be regretting of his support when Jonathan was yet to be recognized as President. Sentiment and tribalism comes into play since then, because every suggestion from northern leaders or south west leaders is against the interest of the south south people.
As I am saying earlier, the northern rose quickly to defend their right that that they have not completed their tenure in office that INEC need to re-organizing another election while south south start protesting that Nigeria constitution did not provided for re-election when the President died, the Deputy has to take over, this was we are still frightened of the unity of this country is under threaten. After the death of Yar’adua national assembly honoured Jonathan to continue as potential President of Federal Republic of Nigeria. The game did not end there. See how politicians were threatening Nigeria unity because of their selfish interest. Nigeria flag is fading
In their secret as politicians use to do, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan and northern leaders agreed under terms that he should become one term President after the term of his boss ended. Fourth republican politicians were greed and selfish. We all know how the President himself propose one term six years, why that? He believed that if national assembly enacted such law it will favoured him with agreement he had with the northern leaders. The issue that were kept as secret become big threat to the unity of the country. Jonathan is about to complete his first term, his people want him to continue as the president, agitating that if he did not win 2015 election the country will not be governable as one old politician in the north has said before. His statement is killing Nigerians now. South south claiming that the military heads of state were from north, they all started doing all sort of things to justify themselves. I said Nigeria flag is fading. His political father wrote a public letter to him to respect the agreement he had with northern but his leader like Chief Edward Clark turn his seat starting called OBJ sort of names. The agreement is about be nullified and abused. Jonathan himself cannot defend himself whether he signed an agreement or not but he has the right for the second term. Those who know the truth pretending that nothing like that was in placed. Nigeria flag is fading.
Truly, the Present government inherited some problems caused by military and politicians. In the north east Boko haram, can we say this one was caused by military? Militancy in Niger delta is it caused by military? Politicians caused problem for themselves point fingers against each other. Boko haram is moving in rampaged in the north east while the presidency sees nothing wrong with it. Kidnapping in south east is a big business for vibrant Nigerian youth, the presidency staying they were agitating for development while rituals in south west is in alarming rate who is there sponsor? Politicians, Nigeria flag is fading.
Political parties they don’t have substantial ideology and manifesto on how to govern this country, we only have politicians of pocketism, they only look for where their ambition can be actualized. They don’t have programme to develop this country for the future generations. I had many dreams as young Nigerian but our politicians who were at the affair of this country don’t cater for the youth of this country. Can someone tells me is this how this country will moving forward. Nigeria flag is fading.
Nigeria education is completely collapsed, a government plays politics with its youth, Nigeria universities went on strike for eight month before it can found short term solution to the issue, and the polytechnic education was not recongised by this present government. The polytechnic students and their lecturers went home for eleven months, the agitations of the polytechnic lecturers still pending. Nigeria graduates were unemployable because they cannot fit in into any position they were offered, unemployment is increasing daily, government cannot create jobs for the youth but government can lunched billion of naira political campaign to promote the government that does not work for the future of the country. Nigeria flag is fading.
Health sector cannot compete with other countries, because our hospitals don’t have modern equipments to treat ordinary malaria effectively. I have not once had in the history of Nigeria that Nigeria doctors went on strike, today Nigeria doctors were at their various home expecting government to find solution to crumple health sector. Many less privilege died because they cannot avoid private hospital bills but government can send their official to abroad for medical care, Nigerians can died they were less concern. Some government officials who were opportunities defending government that the agitation of doctor were unrealistic, I wonder what is there objective for the country. Nigeria flag is fading.
From the former President Obasanjo, Nigeria Electricity Power Authority beings to face reformation to generate 5,000 mega watts, yet the promise has not been delivered from one excuse to another. NIPP (Nigeria Integrated Power Project) has been used to surcharged Nigerians by paid fixed changed for electricity they do not use. The recent excuse is shortage in gas supply to generating stations. When is the time for Nigerians to enjoy been a citizenry of this country? Nigeria flag is fading.
Let look into our judiciary, Nigeria judiciary is now tools in the hand of politicians to exhibit their wealth; an accused politician have billions to pay ten to fifty Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) to defend him in the court such as Otunba Gbenga Daniel, former governor of Ogun State, former Speaker of House of Assembly Bankole and many more of them. Some were accused of embezzlement, they will still have confidence to present themselves for political appointment, in the case of governor elected in Ekiti State, Economic Financial Crime Commission said he had a case to answer but PDP and INEC still go ahead to clear him for election the funny case is that he won the election. What a legacy our politicians are laying down for the future of this country. Nigeria flag is fading.
Corruption in the judiciary is alarming, a corrupt official involved in mismanagement, he was prosecute to face the wrath of the law but our SAN’s and judge prefer to go for pre barging to settle a corrupt issue outside the court of law or give jarjarweed pronouncement in the case of pension corrupt official and the Abuja High court judgment, while ordinary Nigerian who commit less crime will automatic be sentence to life imprisonment, how many politicians or political appointees has be sentence into prison in this present administration but what we have is annulment of Chief Bode George who everybody knows that he committed the crime. He was later celebrated by PDP. Are we moving forward as nation or which way Nigeria?
Politicians was about to cause mayhem in the only sector where Nigerian still have unity that is sport. They quickly understand that this is not a matter of PDP or APC matter, sport minister who is doing the bills of his associate reverse his decision on caricature judgment. If not so maybe Nigeria will now be completely become ant of Africa, when they would not be allow to participate in international sport festivals. There still an issue where FiFa want Nigeria government to do away with sport but yet Nigerian politicians cannot find wayout of doing it because of their own pocketism agenda.
I have not see any day Nigerians will wake up from their bed and listening to good news from any Nigeria radio or read from Nigeria newspaper. Every issue arise in Nigeria is an opportunity for politicians to politicize, opposition i.e All Progressive Congress prefer to criticize the government in power while both the government itself and it party PDP prefer to use immunity and federal mighty. Where are we going in this nation, I don’t know whether these politicians understood that very soon they will become history. They should always have in mind that they cannot live forever and the set mind to protect their family alone I am sure that one day it will back fire on them. They only care for the well being of their children neglect the masses children, why are we not going to have criminal in the future, I am completely feared for the country future.
Nigeria youth arise from your slumber; take your destiny into your handle, we not allow these cripple politicians to waste the abundant gifts of God. They have had enough of these gifts it is time for us to take over from them. We have want they don’t have that is our energy, let combine our energy to change the face of this country. Those who have be in government since independent they were still the one ruling this country with the fear of God. Nigeria youth!!! We don’t another place called Nigeria. This is where God want us to utilize our strength. We are not born by mistake into this country; God has purpose for each of us to actualize. The sentiment and tribalism they are tools in the handle of these wicked politicians to divided this country. We have done in it before we can still do it now. Let forget who present president is, where he come from. He has agenda for his party not for the generality of Nigeria youth. Those who fought the independent of this country they were youth when they did it.
Let rise to our future. Let called youth national conference and find solution to our future by ourselves, their national conference has fail again that is their programme to remain in one position. Look at those who present at the conference they were all in their last life time, most were at age of 50 to 70 year their chairman is already old man what did you think he can offer us than his family. This is a call to you all.
Nigeria politicians in this your time doesn’t let the Nigeria flag fade in your time or tearing in the future.

I know that some Nigeria youth will find faults in my article and criticize me, all your criticism are welcome.

Adegbite Ademola A
newademola@gmail.com
Re: Nigeria Flag Is Fading by jokinexcel(m): 6:10pm On Aug 27, 2014
Oboy! See English, my guy you for use pigin write am na, we go understand. Na now I really understand wetin them mean when them say standard of education don fall flat.

(1) (Reply)

4 Years After Pact With Chinese…where Is The FG’s N3.7tr Refineries Project? / Boko Haram Maintains Control In Michika / New Wave Of Activism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.