Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,305 members, 7,867,802 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 01:52 AM

How Important Is Money In A Relationship? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Important Is Money In A Relationship? (24938 Views)

How Important Is Sex To You?,,? / How Important Is Genotype In A Relationship / How Important Is Religion In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by udemzyudex(m): 10:39am On Aug 28, 2014
you need money to maintain a healthy relationship,but that shouldn't be a priority.
Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by Orikinla(m): 10:39am On Aug 28, 2014
To pay your bills.
Anyone who cannot pay his or her bills is a liability in every relationship.
And liabilities are bad news in relationships.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by duby91(m): 10:42am On Aug 28, 2014
Read responses from here and am like we all do have our opinion and we're entitled to have one...so here is mine. Money is important for me as a guy dating a lady because i will want to take her out and spend quality time with her and have fun and all this require money. And if necessary i can extend and help my lady with some of her needs regardless whether i really love her or not. But here is my problem, when ladies begin to make it look like without money then am gone, because the guy doesn't give her soo much money. That's just irritating and also when a lady takes you to be her father whereby you buy her clothes, phone, pants, pay her house rent and prolly get her a car all in the name of just dating her. That's just way too much and that's the thing most ladies ask for nowadays and if you can't do that...they are gone for good. With that does that make money so important in relationships? or just to dash someone in the name of dating?

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 28, 2014
yes money matters a lot because personally I would never get in a serious relationship with a jobless girl (unemployed or no income) or student. Really... all they do is put their financial problem on your head.

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by Dfavouredone: 10:46am On Aug 28, 2014
Every damn girl shouting money is good, money is good.

Ask them how much do they bring to the table. Just to collect and run when there is no more to collect to another guy where they can continue collecting. They tell their guy - you need to work hard o, and the guy is already putting his best of resources to make a life for himself (who willingly desire to be poor).

Gurls cant you work hard too - thought what a man can do a woman can ........
The sex and companionship which they claim to bring, dont they enjoy it too.

Money is good, right. But both parties should be involve in making it (no doubt the man still has its traditionally role).

Guys be wise, dont spend your hard earn money on gurls that is just out for it.

[/b]A girl who does not want me when i am broke does not deserve my wealth[b]

3 Likes

Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by write2obi(m): 10:51am On Aug 28, 2014
Mykyle: well said, since money can not make him/her love but otherwise, then love supercedes.......money is just needed in necessary amount n must not be a yardstick to stay together.
That's the exact word i missed smiley you don't need to be a millionaire or billionaire to have a great relationship.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 28, 2014
duby91: Read responses from here and am like we all do have our opinion and we're entitled to have one...so here is mine. Money is important for me as a guy dating a lady because i will want to take her out and spend quality time with her and have fun and all this require money. And if necessary i can extend and help my lady with some of her needs regardless whether i really love her or not. But here is my problem, when ladies begin to make it look like without money then am gone, because the guy doesn't give her soo much money. That's just irritating and also when a lady takes you to be her father whereby you buy her clothes, phone, pants, pay her house rent and prolly get her a car all in the name of just dating her. That's just way too much and that's the thing most ladies ask for nowadays and if you can't do that...they are gone for good. With that does that make money so important in relationships? or just to dash someone in the name of dating?

You just spoke my mind, personally I don't mind spending money on a lady, in fact I don't mind spending money on anybody I consider my friend period, what annoys me is when a girl tries to make money a requirement. If I wanted to pay for sex I would hire a prostitute at least they're honest about it.

3 Likes

Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by noskybanj(m): 10:58am On Aug 28, 2014
Seriously d money means a lot. I presently have a girlfriend wo is gr8, bt d truth is I dnt av a real job. I know she needs smtins nd am supposed 2 provide dem, yet I dnt do dat. She understands, bt at times I look @ her real deep n I know am nt secured. D tot of knowing She might get fed up scares me a lot. Girls understands wen u can't afford 2 do smtins 4 dem, bt d truth is "4 how long can she take it?". Money helps u make ur woman b d woman u both want her 2 b. U also b d man in ur relationship with money. Can't loose me dis girl, God abeg o

3 Likes

Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by pinkshell(f): 11:00am On Aug 28, 2014
#Smiles
U sound naïve when u say she ddnt know the guy wd be dat wealthy.
Some of u tink nig gals are stoopid!if u see a babe sticking to a poor guy, its because she knows e az prospect , nobody likes sufferhead.

Wu wants to sit down, waiting for a layabout, wu isn't searching for a job n enjoys the freebies his parents hands him.

If as a lady, all u want is money, Gooduck go for it, but be ready to accept witout complaints wateva package it comes wit.

scribble: Money shouldnt be that important but society has put money on a higher pedestal than love

look at shade okoya or remi tinubu...their husbands have one thing in common, they look like they auditioned for shrek but were too ugly for the part and have tons of GWAP

university girls today are not interested in their mate but they want a ready made man

for the few in this our society who do not put money over love, there is a different kind of vibe there...more happiness in the relationship

for instance i know a guy who was dirt broke as at 24 months ago but has a growing business that has already made N10 million this year

his babe used to come visit him even in that his broke state and give him prayers, love and MONEY (i know its hard 2 beliv bt there are some good naija girls left)

the guy is planning the wedding now...and is buying her a car etc...

she didnt know he would be this better off 24 months ago, but she gave love a chance

in Naija of today...most girls would rather go to vgc and sleep with oyinbo man dog than to give love a chance
Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by zubby29(m): 11:07am On Aug 28, 2014
so on point,money cos less friction,it only makes love sweeter
diksucker: We all need money to live. We need money to have fun. If you are truly in love with someone, money will not matter. I am 27, not married and I've dated men of all statuses...broke, rich, in between (my level). I will be completely honest, I had the best relationship with the broke guy. We were really in love, we had great sex and always had fun. Enjoyed his company the most and I still think about him. Other factors played a part and we broke up, but I always think of him as the one who got away.. In my opinion if you love someone, you love someone. If money is important to you, then you will find it to be important in relationships. If you have money and your partner doesn't, that can cause stress. And vice versa... At the end of the day, what is important to you? I say this all the time, but if you are happy, truly happy then that is ALL that matters : ) good luck!
Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 28, 2014
Orikinla: To pay your bills.
Anyone who cannot pay his or her bills is a liability in every relationship.
And liabilities are bad news in relationships.
End of. Money is important to take care of YOUR bills. Not your girlfriend's bills. Don't get it twisted.
Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by godfreyakpoguma(m): 11:12am On Aug 28, 2014
lalasticlala: No doubt, money is a desideratum in a relationship. But, some couples started with nothing, but today they are very much comfortable.

Many guys are unmarried because of lack of financial stability. The high cost of bride price and other things associated with traditional marriage rites dont even encourage some low income earners to start thinking of marriage.

You see babes dump their guys for richer ones.

Below is a link to one of my threads which talks about women that said they can't date any poor man, in fact they detest poor men.

https://www.nairaland.com/1842036/9-nollywood-actresses-strongly-allergic#25213122

It's captioned: The 9 Nollywood Actresses That Are Strongly Allergic To Poor Men.

So what's your take on money in a relationship?

How important is money in a relationship?

IF U DON'T HAVE MONEY TO BUY DATA,U WONT BE SHARING THE INFORMATION IN THE FIRST PLACE
Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 28, 2014
irishCream: There is a very big different between 'truth' and 'fact'. money is vital in a relationship and that's the fact not just truth!!!
The people making the demands....
Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by zanelebuthelezi(f): 11:16am On Aug 28, 2014
It is more important if you gonna make money together and share the bills, not expecting one party to pay for everything.
Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by jwart(m): 11:19am On Aug 28, 2014
Love can not stand on is own unless with money .
Money is the pivot of which love relationships rotate.
Money buys everything love is not excluded.
Love don't cost a thing but money.
Money is the root of every relationship, it could be buying or selling.
Relationship seems infertile when it lacking money.
To know the type you we go for you check ur account balance.
It's not an error that most second wife better the first wife, you ain't get money then but now you can go to the women market and make a choice.
Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 28, 2014
ferdimako:
The people making the demands....
cheesy I dey tells you. Awon I-never-chop
Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by lalasticlala(m): 11:32am On Aug 28, 2014
duby91: Read responses from here and am like we all do have our opinion and we're entitled to have one...so here is mine. Money is important for me as a guy dating a lady because i will want to take her out and spend quality time with her and have fun and all this require money. And if necessary i can extend and help my lady with some of her needs regardless whether i really love her or not. But here is my problem, when ladies begin to make it look like without money then am gone, because the guy doesn't give her soo much money. That's just irritating and also when a lady takes you to be her father whereby you buy her clothes, phone, pants, pay her house rent and prolly get her a car all in the name of just dating her. That's just way too much and that's the thing most ladies ask for nowadays and if you can't do that...they are gone for good. With that does that make money so important in relationships? or just to dash someone in the name of dating?
Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by lalasticlala(m): 11:33am On Aug 28, 2014
teeowl: yes money matters a lot because personally I would never get in a serious relationship with a jobless girl (unemployed or no income) or student. Really... all they do is put their financial problem on your head.
hahahaha
Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by papaking1(m): 11:47am On Aug 28, 2014
write2obi: Money is important in life,
money makes things easy, earn you respect,
money will sweeten your relationship, but it will never make her love you.

I beg to disagree. Money will buy love any day. Just don't lose the money and the love will remain constant.
Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by Ladhey(m): 12:09pm On Aug 28, 2014
Well, I think I might learn from this topic, I dated a girl four years from our 200l, all through uni, and I was just the average guy, not rich, not poor..and suddenly she started complaining bout me not doing things for her or not doing enough and dumped, I moved on and she did too..now the thing is- money is important in a relationship infact it is to everything we do but it is not the basis of relationship, most girls don't see it that way..so most guys bait them with money and Lies. Its funny sometimes when a girl and a guy In the university date and the gurl keeps complaining about his finances and the things he does and does not for her..cut him some slack you both are students and he is in school to try develop himself to have a better future, I thought one has got to have something doing before he has the cash or is there any guy that receives a monthly salary for been in school? So seriously an honest responsible guy will do what he can for you out of the little he has, the more reason why you got to stick to him cos he won't hesitate if he got more..

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by careema(f): 12:11pm On Aug 28, 2014
Tallesty1: I don't believe a couple can start with nothing. It is untrue and impossible, there must be something.

Money is important as the person you are dating. You will not understand this if a naija babe has not dealt with you.

Thanks, I cant be faithful to someone that has nothing, nothing khe? if not money but you must have a dream. Imagine when my Ex told me he cant pursue his dream anymore because of his age(26yrs). I started dropping him like mile 2- Oshodi bus dey drop passengers, little by little.

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by popcykaylah(m): 12:13pm On Aug 28, 2014
bustyhelen: very, if you want there to be a future.i would immediately dump a guy if he had a gambling problem also i would tend not to even start anything with a guy without a steady job or tertiary eduction or good business prospect. you gotta think long term when the honeymoon period wears off

no offence oo..but come to think of it..you want a guy loaded while you sit your ass around and spend his money...you have the mentality of a broke chick.. babes grow up or you go over stay your time at your father's house..
Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by popcykaylah(m): 12:17pm On Aug 28, 2014
dupsydee: Pls ao do I get to isolo from ibadan

depends on where the bus you boarded from Ibadan drops you.if the bus stops at ojota ...take a bus from ojota going to oshodi..when you get to oshodi ask agbero for where isolo buses are parked ..e no fit pass 50 in the morning ..evening na 100..
Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by write2obi(m): 12:20pm On Aug 28, 2014
papaking1:

I beg to disagree. Money will buy love any day. Just don't lose the money and the love will remain constant.
I will not argue with you, but one day you'll look back and wish you never made this statement.
Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by Guidette(f): 12:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
Whether we like it or not, money is very important in relationships especially marriage. The number one cause of divorce nowadays is money issues all over the world. It is not just the issue of being rich, but how to spend the money in the relationship wisely.
I don't need to marry a rich man to take care of me because in a few years time I will be super rich and won't need a man for his money. So that solves the problem of not having enough money to buy nice things and enjoy life. But imagine if I marry an insecure man who has an issue with my wealth and how I spend my money, then money will be a central issue in the marriage.
So marrying a man rich or poor is not just enough, but partners need to have the same values when it comes to wealth creation and spending.
My 2c. smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by Orikinla(m): 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2014
BoboYekini: End of. Money is important to take care of YOUR bills. Not your girlfriend's bills. Don't get it twisted.
Are you re-tarded that you cannot understand my comment?
[size=18pt]If your girlfriend is unemployed and cannot pay her bills, won't you assist to pay her bills until she can do so?
If you cannot do that, then you have no business in her life.[/size]

1 Like

Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2014
Respect yourself and keep making cash.
there is love oh.
work together and dont leave the whole thing for your man or woman.
people that put money first dont ever love.
Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by DRealGeesam(m): 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2014
bayulll01:
if they say Nigerian youth are silly,you will be the first to rant,Becos that mofo want to see reelection now,he brought up TAN and u are happy,they already sold ur future for 30k mumu
Today's youths are mostly fooooools.
Awon oponu
Oloriburuku
Wasting their life on rubbish; TAN, numerous beauty peagents (there is miss everything now).
Now come to nairaland and be asking people to vote them for their stuuuuuuupidity.
Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by CodeineJunkiee(m): 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2014
This is an over flogged issue. Money is very important.

I REPEAT!! VERY IMPORTANT
Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by etochi11(m): 12:54pm On Aug 28, 2014
Like the one I am into right now.. Meh,! Its not funny at all.. 1yr+ without a job..SMH. I will miss my gf mom burial cos of "money" embarassed
Re: How Important Is Money In A Relationship? by jaybee3(m): 1:01pm On Aug 28, 2014
creamylicious: Money is important. Very very I'd say. A guy in his mid thirties who is not ashamed to bring his girlfriend under a roof which his elder brother put over his head and be claiming he wants to get married. Ask what his plans are in getting a home and he can't even raise cash in d next six months. Is the lady who is of a marriageable age expected to be in such penniless relationship?
Personal story you sharing sis?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pre-wedding Photos Of A Nairalander / !! I Caught My Best Friend Having Sex With My Wife In The Kitchen!! / "get Married To Someone Who Loves You And Not The One You Love"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.