Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,922 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream (26111 Views)

Lady Gets Twitter Excited After Sharing False Story About Her Friend Getting HIV / Help Please, I Do Know It's A Dream When I'm Dreaming / Pictures; FALSE Rumours About A New Killer Insects To Spread Soon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by kinglekan: 11:57am On May 01, 2015
How many of us watched Leonardo di Caprio's "Inception". That movie is too missclasssy cheesy , well apparently all his movies are top notched. Anyway I had a flash back of the movie and that prompted me to put this up.

Have you ever had an experience in
which you couldn’t be sure whether
things were real or not? I am not
referring to normal dreams, day dreaming or sleepwalking. These particular ones I am referring to seem real at the time and then you wake up and realise that they weren’t. I mean experiences which are more deeply confusing smiley

As a matter of fact very confusing!! grin

A false awakening may involve getting up, having breakfast, getting dressed, heading out for work... all the things you do every day on autopilot. It appears so real and solid to warrant
questioning its authenticity.

Indeed, you will only appreciate
how real a false awakening is when it happens to you - it reveals the remarkable capacity of the human brain to emulate and question reality.

Sometimes in such experiences you may be very convinced that you have done all sorts of things when really you have not. For example, you probably attended a dreaded interview and scaled through, only to find out it was a mirage.

The intriguing part about this is that you get the same feelings of tension and anxiety as you would have felt doing the same event in reality.

The red flag here is that you would have to go through that same feeling of tension and anxiety or feeling of pleasure and gratification all over again. Depending on what the dream was about. I prefer the latter tho smiley

So let's discus!!

Share your experiences and your thoughts. grin

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by kinglekan: 11:58am On May 01, 2015
Come share your experiences and thoughts.

Cc: Beamborla, Lala247, MizMyColi, MzNelly, Missclasssy, Ronald4lif, Orijin101, KingTom, SleekyShuga, Twaci, Vickybee, Cutieberie1, AgapeCharis, Chiam55, Mhizkel, Mirexxx, 2dice, etc....

1 Like

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 01, 2015
Edited: I once had a dream in which I had another dream, I had to wake up twice to get back here.

I've died many times in my dream yet I'm still here, in as much as there's a purpose for sleep I think there's a purpose for dreams I came to this conclusion after seeing the same event I saw in my dream in reality the next day.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Mhizkel(f): 12:29pm On May 01, 2015
kinglekan:
Come share your experiences and thoughts.

Cc: Beamborla, Lala247, MizMyColi, MzNelly, Missclasssy, Ronald4lif, Orijin101, KingTom, SleekyShuga, Twaci, Vickybee, Cutieberie1, AgapeCharis, Chiam55, Mhizkel, Mirexxx, 2dice, etc....
Ermmm...I'm coming....
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Mhizkel(f): 12:30pm On May 01, 2015
Hmmmm.Mine do come to pass and that really affects me a lot...Most times, i'm always afraid of sleeping for the fear of having another dream come true!

2 Likes

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 01, 2015
Funny though. grin grin

Very funny!
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 01, 2015
Yes, almost everyone has had such dreams.

I even had one this morning, matter of fact; where I dreamt I killed someone with my bare hands cos he impregnated my sister and I hid his body in the gutter. I was so terrified I began running away and his "ghost" was pursuing me. Mehn, the fear was just too real.
When I woke up, I was like "Thank God it's just a dream." sad

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 01, 2015
Yh we've all had those smiley
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by obito: 2:17pm On May 01, 2015
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by 2dice(m): 2:20pm On May 01, 2015
Yea there dis one i had ...i saw everyone pple Dying...things falling apart...alot of disaster..i was scared as Fvck ..at such age..having that kind of dream..When i woke up i told ma Mom about it.. Then we pray..
Behold 3days after the ikeja BombBlast happened...i was wondering why did God show me smallie this kind of dream laaa...
NB: we were staying in ikeja back then.. So what i saw and watch on Tv was the Replica of ma Dream

3 Likes

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by OmolodMilkman93(m): 2:23pm On May 01, 2015
It is simply called a "GENJUTSU"

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by kinglekan: 2:27pm On May 01, 2015
Lala247:
Yh we've all had those smiley
Share. smiley
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by kinglekan: 2:34pm On May 01, 2015
MzNelly:
Yes, almost everyone has had such dreams.

I even had one this morning, matter of fact; where I dreamt I killed someone with my bare hands cos he impregnated my sister and I hid his body in the gutter. I was so terrified I began running away and his "ghost" was pursuing me. Mehn, the fear was just too real.
When I woke up, I was like "Thank God it's just a dream." sad

Well this might not necessarily apply though. Most of the time when we dream we really don't know we are dreaming.

But the focus of this thread is when you supposedly wake up from, for instance your "being chased by a ghost". Then you find yourself awake and breathing heavily thanking God it was just a dream, only for the police to come knock your door and say you actually murdered someone.

This second "layer" of dreaming can go as long as you being locked up in jail and awaiting execution, only for you to wake up and realise that you had a dream withing a dream. smiley

You get the concept now right? cheesy

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 01, 2015
kinglekan:

Well this might not necessarily apply though. Most of the time when we dream we really don't know we are dreaming.

But the focus of this thread is when you supposedly wake up from, for instance your "being chased by a ghost". Then you find yourself awake and breathing heavily thanking God it was just a dream, only for the police to come knock your door and say you actually murdered someone.

This second "layer" of dreaming can go as long as you being locked up in jail and awaiting execution, only for you to wake up and realise that you had a dream withing a dream. smiley

You get the concept now right? cheesy

Yeah, I get it now.

Share yours.

1 Like

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by kinglekan: 2:38pm On May 01, 2015
2dice:
Yea there dis one i had ...i saw everyone pple Dying...things falling apart...alot of disaster..i was scared as Fvck ..at such age..having that kind of dream..When i woke up i told ma Mom about it.. Then we pray..
Behold 3days after the ikeja BombBlast happened...i was wondering why did God show me smallie this kind of dream laaa...
NB: we were staying in ikeja back then.. So what i saw and watch on Tv was the Replica of ma Dream

Interesting but what you experienced isn't false awakening. smiley

It could be a premonition, vision or just mere coincidence. Plus its a singular layer of dream.

I am referring to those who have had experiences of multiple dream layers. Have you watched the movie inception?

That should give you a better idea of my topic. smiley

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by kinglekan: 2:40pm On May 01, 2015
Lacomus:
Typing.............
Mhizkel:
obito:

Am still waiting for your input guys. smiley

Thank you.

OmolodMilkman93:
It is simply called a "GENJUTSU"

undecided
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Twaci(f): 2:48pm On May 01, 2015
Actually mine was embarassing embarassed

Needed to pee and my body has a false awakening....lipsrsealed

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by 2dice(m): 2:54pm On May 01, 2015
kinglekan:

Interesting but what you experienced isn't false awakening. smiley

It could be a premonition, vision or just mere coincidence. Plus its a singular layer of dream.

I am referring to those who have had experiences of multiple dream layers. Have you watched the movie inception?

That should give you a better idea of my topic. smiley
i haven't tho.. Some dreams just look so real to be fake
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by kinglekan: 3:06pm On May 01, 2015
2dice:

i haven't tho.. Some dreams just look so real to be fake

Dreams look real most of the time.

There are rare cases when you actually know you are dreaming even before you wake up. But that's like probably 10% of the amount of dreams you have had so far. smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by kinglekan: 3:13pm On May 01, 2015
Twaci:
Actually mine was embarassing embarassed

Needed to pee and my body has a false awakening....lipsrsealed

Hahahaha!! How come we keep having similar experiences?

Actually I have experienced false awakening twice. The first one was when I was still around 8 or 9yrs I guess.

I was having a dream( I can't remember the content anymore), then I woke up in the same position I had slept. I got up from bed and wanted to pee, everything felt so so real. cheesy

Although I had a feeling something wasn't right but I couldn't tell. So I decided to go outside the house to pee. On getting outside I saw a gutter in the compound that wasn't there in reality but I didn't notice that slight change in detailing.

That was how I brought out John Thomas ooo grin

When I was done with the last drop. I woke up. You know the rest. cheesy

Cc: MzNelly

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Mhizkel(f): 3:27pm On May 01, 2015
kinglekan:

Am still waiting for your input guys. smiley
Thank you.
I have modify o! wink

1 Like

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by mirexxx(f): 4:38pm On May 01, 2015
yeah yeah we all experience such i once dreamt my neighbor died and just 2days after he passed on. I fear my own dreams cry weird weird dreams mehn!

2 Likes

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Beamborla(f): 6:22pm On May 01, 2015
If it's the same as having a weird feeling that what you are experiencing or what is happening at the moment has happened before, then you are not alone cheesy

But if it's not, I don't gerrit

1 Like

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by kinglekan: 9:59pm On May 01, 2015
Beamborla:
If it's the same as having a weird feeling that what you are experiencing or why is happening at the moment has happened before, then you are not alone cheesy

But if it's not, I don't gerrit

The experience you are talking about is Dejavuu. We have that from time to time. Although I haven't read much about it tho.

Did you read my experience? Or did u watch the movie inception?

That's what I am talking about. Kinda strange only me and twaci have experienced such.

undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by kinglekan: 10:00pm On May 01, 2015
Tohpahz I sight u hun. Plz contribute. smiley

Where is sassychic. smiley

See boss Jacksparrow1207 strolling in and out of this thread. cheesy
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Beamborla(f): 10:12pm On May 01, 2015
kinglekan:

The experience you are talking about is Dejavuu. We have that from time to time. Although I haven't read much about it tho.

Did you read my experience? Or did u watch the movie inception?

That's what I am talking about. Kinda strange only me and twaci have experienced such.

undecided
I can only remember dreaming about peeing while I was busy watering the bed... But I always wake up at first drop.

I was very young then sha. Didn't watch the movie

1 Like

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by kinglekan: 10:15pm On May 01, 2015
mirexxx:
yeah yeah we all experience such
i once dreamt my neighbor died and just 2days after he passed on.
I fear my own dreams cry
weird weird dreams mehn!

Please don't dream about me ooo!! U can dream about Ipledge sha. smiley

I don't want to leave planet earth yet. grin

Well your experience is similar to that of 2dice which is more like a premonition, vision and mayb just coincidence. Not everyone has such rare gift or ability tho.

Its quite different from false awakening sha.

Thanks for contributing hun. smiley

1 Like

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by kinglekan: 10:21pm On May 01, 2015
Beamborla:

I can only remember dreaming about peeing while I was busy watering the bed... But I always wake up at first drop.

Hehehehe!! U too dey bed wet. cheesy
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 10:22pm On May 01, 2015
kinglekan:
Tohpahz I sight u hun. Plz contribute. smiley

Where is sassychic. smiley

See boss Jacksparrow1207 strolling in and out of this thread. cheesy

Hahahahaha. lol. So u saw me? I just say make I sneak in and out ni o grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 01, 2015
mirexxx:
yeah yeah we all experience such
i once dreamt my neighbor died and just 2days after he passed on.
I fear my own dreams cry
weird weird dreams mehn!
Please Dream that u see us together in buckingham palace...doing the proper

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 01, 2015
Beamborla:

Chai Na my family be this grin grin
Re: False Awakenings: A Dream Within A Dream by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 01, 2015
Anytime exam is fast approaching I always Dream abt it..either I was too late to write exam or something else

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Collapses And Dies While Driving In Gombe State (Photos) / Are You Drinking Enough Water? / Having Manhood Challenges: Natural Solution to Erectile dysfunction (ED) & PE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.