Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,776 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Is My Choice Of A Laptop A Good One?(i Am A Novice) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is My Choice Of A Laptop A Good One?(i Am A Novice) (2600 Views)

4g Ram/320g Laptop@30k!!!give ur budget and get a good one too!!! / Get Ur Own Laptop @ A Give Away Price / Which Trusted Online Shopping Website Can I Buy A Laptop @ A Cheaper Rate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is My Choice Of A Laptop A Good One?(i Am A Novice) by avuekwe(f): 11:57am On Aug 28, 2014
Hello all nairalanders who frequent this section. This is my first time of posting a Topic and visiting this section of Nairaland. Please, I need your help in making a choice as to which Laptop to request for as a gift. I have a week to make my choice. I have been considering the ASUS Transformer T100 or T300( hope I got the models right). I like it cos it can serve as a tablet and a laptop. My allocated budget is 100k. What do you guys think about my choice?Kindly suggest other good products and state reasons for your preference. Your input on this thread is welcomed.
Re: Is My Choice Of A Laptop A Good One?(i Am A Novice) by emmyvet(m): 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2014
avuekwe: Hello all nairalanders who frequent this section. This is my first time of posting a Topic and visiting this section of Nairaland. Please, I need your help in making a choice as to which Laptop to request for as a gift. I have a week to make my choice. I have been considering the ASUS Transformer T100 or T300( hope I got the models right). I like it cos it can serve as a tablet and a laptop. My allocated budget is 100k. What do you guys think about my choice?Kindly suggest other good products and state reasons for your preference. Your input on this thread is welcomed.
What are you using the laptop for?
Who is using the laptop? Student or worker?
Re: Is My Choice Of A Laptop A Good One?(i Am A Novice) by avuekwe(f): 1:14pm On Aug 28, 2014
[quote author=emmyvet]
What are you using the laptop for?
Who is using the laptop? Student or worker?

i am a worker, but i don't do much with computer though i want to learn how to make use of corel draw. I love downloading music, videos etc
Re: Is My Choice Of A Laptop A Good One?(i Am A Novice) by emmyvet(m): 5:55pm On Aug 28, 2014
[quote author=avuekwe][/quote]
All most all laptop can do the above task.
You just have to choose a strong laptop with good battery. For me go for dell!
Re: Is My Choice Of A Laptop A Good One?(i Am A Novice) by avuekwe(f): 9:10pm On Aug 28, 2014
emmyvet:
All most all laptop can do the above task.
You just have to choose a strong laptop with good battery. For me go for dell!

But my main attraction to the Asus Transformer is that I can detach it and carry it like a Tablet. Can Dell product do the same cos I would like to get Dell if same is achievable?
Re: Is My Choice Of A Laptop A Good One?(i Am A Novice) by emmyvet(m): 9:53pm On Aug 28, 2014
avuekwe:

But my main attraction to the Asus Transformer is that I can detach it and carry it like a Tablet. Can Dell product do the same cos I would like to get Dell if same is achievable?
I guess you can get a mini dell like that shaa!
Re: Is My Choice Of A Laptop A Good One?(i Am A Novice) by Bawss1(m): 10:00pm On Aug 28, 2014
The Asus T100 and T300 are not exactly the same devices, yes they are both hybrid computers but the T100 has a screen size of 10.1" while the T300 has a 13.3 " screen. From the several reviews I have seen online they are "ok" budget computers, they will serve fairly well if all you want to do is browse the web, email and watch videos, basically simple stuff that won't require considerable processing power. It runs on an Intel Atom processor which is just fine for simple stuff and not heavy lifting like Photoshop, CAD, 3D modelling and the likes. The T100 seems to have been well received especially because of its pricing and its battery life. It has a 64GB memory and 2GB RAM.
Not a bad buy for the casual computer user and you would be hard pressed to find a Windows 8 hybrid that is cheaper than its ~ N58000 ($350) price tag.

There are several other hybrids and 2-in-1s out there though with stronger processors, more storage space like the Dell 11 3000, the Lenovo Thinkpad 10. Thing is they cost more and you may have to wait for sometime to have it shipped to you as they are available overseas.
Re: Is My Choice Of A Laptop A Good One?(i Am A Novice) by Bawss1(m): 10:03pm On Aug 28, 2014
avuekwe:

The Dell 11 3000 is a 2-in-1 computer. You can fold the screen way back and use like a tablet. Same thing with the Lenovo Yoga 11s but they might not be as light as a tablet as they weigh slightly more.
Re: Is My Choice Of A Laptop A Good One?(i Am A Novice) by avuekwe(f): 7:34am On Aug 29, 2014
emmyvet:
I guess you can get a mini dell like that shaa!

Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out.

1 Like

Re: Is My Choice Of A Laptop A Good One?(i Am A Novice) by avuekwe(f): 7:36am On Aug 29, 2014
Bawss1:

The Dell 11 3000 is a 2-in-1 computer. You can fold the screen way back and use like a tablet. Same thing with the Lenovo Yoga 11s but they might not be as light as a tablet as they weigh slightly more.

THanks Bawss1. I would compare both products and make a final pick. I hope it cost less than 100k cheesy
Re: Is My Choice Of A Laptop A Good One?(i Am A Novice) by avuekwe(f): 7:40am On Aug 29, 2014
Bawss1: The Asus T100 and T300 are not exactly the same devices, yes they are both hybrid computers but the T100 has a screen size of 10.1" while the T300 has a 13.3 " screen. From the several reviews I have seen online they are "ok" budget computers, they will serve fairly well if all you want to do is browse the web, email and watch videos, basically simple stuff that won't require considerable processing power. It runs on an Intel Atom processor which is just fine for simple stuff and not heavy lifting like Photoshop, CAD, 3D modelling and the likes. The T100 seems to have been well received especially because of its pricing and its battery life. It has a 64GB memory and 2GB RAM.
Not a bad buy for the casual computer user and you would be hard pressed to find a Windows 8 hybrid that is cheaper than its ~ N58000 ($350) price tag.

There are several other hybrids and 2-in-1s out there though with stronger processors, more storage space like the Dell 11 3000, the Lenovo Thinkpad 10. Thing is they cost more and you may have to wait for sometime to have it shipped to you as they are available overseas.

Thank you so much for the indepth review. I am more able to make an informed choice. I think I would go for Dell product cos I'm planning to start lessons on Corel draw and the rest. I'd probably ask to see if they can get it over there and send back to me.
Re: Is My Choice Of A Laptop A Good One?(i Am A Novice) by Davico(m): 2:51am On Sep 01, 2014
MY ADVICE ON ASUS LAPTOP- read users review b4 purchasing any, have bought one worth 300k sometime ago and it started giving issues two months after purchase, going thru the review I discovered the laptop had several complains from current and past users, the issues were factory errors, it was difficult fixing here because u rarely get the parts. My advice go for something common( hp or dell)
Re: Is My Choice Of A Laptop A Good One?(i Am A Novice) by aanowai(m): 5:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
avuekwe: Hello all nairalanders who frequent this section. This is my first time of posting a Topic and visiting this section of Nairaland. Please, I need your help in making a choice as to which Laptop to request for as a gift. I have a week to make my choice. I have been considering the ASUS Transformer T100 or T300( hope I got the models right). I like it cos it can serve as a tablet and a laptop. My allocated budget is 100k. What do you guys think about my choice?Kindly suggest other good products and state reasons for your preference. Your input on this thread is welcomed.

Hello Sis,

I am offering this Hewlett Packard HP G60-445, 15" Laptop, to you for sale @ N50,000
This machine is manufactured in the United States and is in great working condition; and almost new.
The battery of this laptop holds a charge and the screen is clear with no scratches.

The Specifications are:-

Microprocessor: 2.2GHz Dual Core
Microprocessor Cache: 1 MB Level 2 cache
Memory: 3GB
Hard Drive: 250 GB
Video Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9200M GE
Multimedia Drive: Lightscribe Super Multi DVD Writer (+/-R +/-RW) with Double Layer support
Display: 15" Single channel LVDS HD BrightView
Network Card Ethernet 10/100BT integrated network interface
Wireless Connectivity: 802.11b/g WLAN
Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical Scroll Up/Down pad, volume control, mute button
External Ports

3 USB 2.0
1 VGA port
1 HDMI connector
1 RJ11 modem connector
1 RJ45 ethernet connector
1 headphones-out
1 mic-in

Please call Arinze on:- 08063878947 or 09035143706

Re: Is My Choice Of A Laptop A Good One?(i Am A Novice) by aanowai(m): 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2014

I am also offering this Dell Inspiron 14" Laptop to you for sale @ N50,000.
This Dell Inspiron 14" Laptop is manufactured in the United States and is in great condition; and almost new.
The battery of this laptop holds a charge and the screen is clear with no scratches.
You will also get a free laptop bag, with this sale.

The Specifications are:-

Processor Type: Intel Core 2 Duo
MPN: N1440
Processor Speed: 2.20GHz
Type: Notebook
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive Capacity: 250 GB
Graphics Processing Type: Integrated/On-Board Graphics
Operating System: Windows XP
Operating System Edition: Home
Product Line: Inspiron
Model: Inspiron 1440
Screen Size: 14"

Free free to call me for further details.. Arinze now on:- 08063878947 or 09035143706

Re: Is My Choice Of A Laptop A Good One?(i Am A Novice) by aanowai(m): 5:17pm On Sep 01, 2014

Sis,
This almost new Compaq 15.6" Presario CQ57-439WM Laptop, is in great condition and has a webcam.
I am also offering this baby for N50,000.

Specifications:-

Brand Compaq
Model Presario CQ57-439WM
MPN A7A54UA
UPC 886112727642
Laptop Type Notebook
Battery Run Time Up to 5.3 Hours
Processor AMD E-300 (1.3 GHz)
Memory Cache 1024 KB
Installed Memory 2 GB
RAM Max Supported Size 8 GB
Hard Drive 250 GB 5400 RPM
Optical Drive Type Dual Layer DVD±RW/DVD-RAM
Display Size 15.6"
Video Card AMD Radeon HD 6310
Audio Outputs Headphones, Sound card, Speaker(s)
Ports 3 x USB 2.0, RJ-45 (NIC), VGA out
Networking Type Integrated 10/100 Network Card, Integrated Wireless LAN
Data Link Protocol Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Hi-Speed USB, IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n, Wireless Ethernet

Country/Region of Manufacture: United States

For further details, please call Arinze on:- 08063878947 or 09035143706

(1) (Reply)

Uk Used Hp Laptops For Sale - With Warranty / Scam Alert!!!: Jumia Is A 419 (buyer Beware) With Proof!!! / Please Help Me Crack My Mtn Fastlink E303

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.