Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,628 members, 7,813,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Along He Came. - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Along He Came. (38351 Views)

Along Came A Stranger . / Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. / She Came with Hope - A Fiction. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Along He Came. by OHaddy(f): 8:22pm On Sep 06, 2014
multiple births?! Wow
dat means multple blessing abi and multiple congrats in advance.
Re: Along He Came. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 06, 2014
Nice and cool write-up...the remaining updates nko??
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 8:36pm On Sep 06, 2014
OHaddy: multiple births?! Wow
dat means multple blessing abi and multiple congrats in advance.
hehehehe... See OHaddy cracking me up oo..how will she take care of them. I'm seriously wondering here.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 8:39pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sapphire06: Nice and cool write-up...the remaining updates nko??
Thank you so much for following the story ma'am. Its coming up soon. smiley
Re: Along He Came. by lilypet(f): 8:43pm On Sep 06, 2014
interesting story.weldone ma'am
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 9:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
lilypet: interesting story.weldone ma'am
Thank you so much ma'am.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 9:38pm On Sep 06, 2014
My aunty Lola dropped me off at home. My mother was pretty much excited to see me. She had cooked all sorts of delicacies for me. One look at the food had nauseated me immediately. I told her to keep them for later as I was tired, and needed to sleep. Of course, my beloved mother agreed instantly.

I slept and woke up three o' clock in the morning. I realised I had slept for nearly eight hours. I stretched my numb body, and went to the living room. I scrolled through my phone to check for missed calls and messages. I saw three missed calls from Deji, and five others from Gbade. I wondered what they both want from me, as I had already told Gbade point blank I wasn't interested in him, at least not when I'm carrying another man's child. The events from the previous day began to flood my memories.

"Multiple Birth?" I kept repeating.
"Wait oo." I said, speaking to myself. "That means they can even be more than two?"

I laughed till tears started falling down my cheeks. "I'm in too deep already."

I was about retiring into the room to resume my sleeping bout, when I got a congratulatory mail from my father. He congratulated me on becoming a chartered accountant. I had totally forgotten. The results had been released about a month before that time, but he just found the time to send his greetings. I wouldn't blame him, he's a medical practioner. A highly successful and busy one at that, and I'm proud of him. The mail had some goodies attached to it. He said, and I quote.

" Every Individual gets a reward of his hardwork. Your reward is in how much satisfaction you get in your field as a chartered accountant. I am proud of you. Sitting on the centre piece is the key to the gift we as a family have chosen for you. Be wise with it. Congratulations again."

Tears filled my eyes again. How in this world did I let my family down by mingling with such a man. My dad just gave me a car gift, and all I had to give them in return was my pregnant self. I cried myself to sleep. I woke up the next morning still in the same position. My mother on coming out of the room was surprised to see me crashing on the couch.

" Bimbola." She said. "Why are you sleeping on the couch?"

"Good Morning ma." I said. Going on my two knees. I stood up from the position, and went to hug her. "I saw the car gift you and daddy picked out for me. Thank you very much mummy."

"Its no problem my dear. The car was brought in yesterday night after you had gone to bed." She smiled. "You deserve it bimbo. Your siblings look up to you. You've worked hard, and this is the reward. Character wise, you are the kind I'm proud of. Its the least we could do."

It brought tears to my eyes again. I excused myself to clean up. It was a saturday, and my mum was home all through. My new car keys still sat on the centre piece. I needed to escape before they notice the bulge, as it was beginning to get difficult to conceal. As I was stylishly stealing out of the door to leave the house, my mum called me back.

"Bimbola. Come here my dear."

"Mummy what is it?" I asked.

"When will you introduce that boyfriend of yours to me?" She asked.

"Boyfriend? You will meet him when the time comes."
"Hmmm. Yemi and I went through your phone yesterday night, and we saw pictures of this very handsome man. Who is he?"

"You and aunty yemi went through my phone? By the way, where is aunty yemi?" I asked. I wasn't surprised, as my aunty Yemi enjoys prying into other people's business.

"She went out very early this morning. Her friend is getting married today. She had to go there early."

"Okay." I replied.

"So who is the young man?" She persisted.

"Deji." I said answering her. "Mummy, can I go to small mummy's house? But I'll have to borrow your car o."

"The Keys are on the dinning. You go ahead." As I was about to step out of the house,another of Deji's friends Ade called me.

"Hello Bimbola." He said. "How are you?"

"I'm fine Ade."

"I'm surprised you still have my number oo"
"I don't delete numbers you know. So, you called me, what's up?"
"Are you in Ibadan?" He asked.
"Of course I am."
"Look bimbola. I'm in Ibadan. Please can we see? Can you give me the description to your house? Or better still can we meet at an eatery?"

I decided on the eatry option. We decided to hook up at KFC ring road since I was already on my way to that axis of ibadan.

I left the house and drove carefully till I got to ringroad as I was feeling a little bit weak. Traffic was light on that fateful day.

As I neared Mile 110, I got a call from Ade informing me that he was already there. I was a bit suspicious of the arrangement. I knew something was up.

I drove into the car park at KFC. I wound up the glass and got out. As I was about turning to step into the eatery. I stood full face with Deji.
Re: Along He Came. by seunviju(f): 10:04pm On Sep 06, 2014
Some people can be so mean,arrrrrgh.Thanks 4 all the update dear
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 10:09pm On Sep 06, 2014
seunviju: Some people can be so mean,arrrrrgh.Thanks 4 all the update dear
You're very welcome. And thank you for reading too.
Re: Along He Came. by OHaddy(f): 10:19pm On Sep 06, 2014
MidieMeliss: hehehehe... See OHaddy cracking me up oo..how will she take care of them. I'm seriously wondering here.
on reflection i am also wondering......
Tanx for d update.

1 Like

Re: Along He Came. by seunviju(f): 10:20pm On Sep 06, 2014
Is update stil coming 2nyt?cus am anxious 2 know wat deji wants again o
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 10:25pm On Sep 06, 2014
seunviju: Is update stil coming 2nyt?cus am anxious 2 know wat deji wants again o
cheesy lols..not until tomorrow ma'am. I'm as anxious as you are to find out too.. smiley
Re: Along He Came. by chii8(f): 2:51am On Sep 07, 2014
Silly Deji,he needs an e-slap,op u v a nice update,need to read more,thanks jare.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 6:18am On Sep 07, 2014
chii8: Silly Deji,he needs an e-slap,op u v a nice update,need to read more,thanks jare.
Thanks so much chii8. Please let's tamper justice with mercy oo. Lol
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 8:30am On Sep 07, 2014
I eyed him angrily.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, again, I was very angry.

"Can we just go inside to explain?" He was looking calm as usual.
I knew if I entered into that eatery, our noise will attract attention.

"Where's Ade?" I asked without feelings or emotions. "I have business with him, and not you."

I shoved him aside, and walked angrily past him, and towards Ade.

"Ade, what's the meaning of this?" I asked furiously. " Can we talk outside?" I said, turning back towards the door. I looked back to see he wasn't moving. "Now!" I ordered.

I walked outside and waited by my car. Deji and Ade walked towards me. I got into the driver seat and beckoned on them to enter too. There was a big silence in the car.

"If one of you can just tell me what's going?" I said, breaking the silence.

"Bimbo. Please calm down." Ade spoke this time. "Just listen to what he has to say."

"Ade. The first time I met you in akure, I met a trust worthy friend, who stays in Ibadan just like me. How can you betray that fact by bringing this man here?" I almost yelled.

"Bimbo. Deji is practically sorry. We found out of wednesday evening that you had travelled to Ibadan, so we planned to come here to speak with you."

"And what about your wedding next saturday?" I asked.

"Leave wedding aside." He said, looking remorseful. " I'm sorry you lost our baby."

"Deji. Don't sorry me!" I yelled. "It was a child you didn't want." Tears stung my eyes. "You threatened me all through. I didn't have a day of rest Ade. He threatened me." I was speaking all at once now.

" Ade. I'm not vexed with him. I've forgiven him already. We should just go our seperate ways. The pregnancy is gone now." I said, looking away.

"My mum wants to meet with you officially. My sisters too."

"Oh. So now they want to meet with me?" I laughed. "My dear. I have to get to my aunty's place." I pulled the seat belts toward me.

"We'll speak later on." I spoke with finalty. They both got down from the car. Then on a second thought, I added. "I'm still pregnant. Although I almost lost it."

With that, I zoomed out of the parking lot.
Re: Along He Came. by AudreyTimms(f): 9:12am On Sep 07, 2014
Wow! I love this Bimbo girl! Can someone please help me break Deji's head already?

Weldone dear!
Re: Along He Came. by missKeri(f): 9:42am On Sep 07, 2014
Deji is a confused being...Nice update dear
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 11:09am On Sep 07, 2014
missKeri: Deji is a confused being...Nice update dear
Very Confused infact. Thank you so much ma'am.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 11:10am On Sep 07, 2014
AudreyTimms: Wow! I love this Bimbo girl! Can someone please help me break Deji's head already?

Weldone dear!
Yea! I love her too. She's inspiring! Thanks so much ma'am.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 11:45am On Sep 07, 2014
I wondered deeply if Deji's head was filled with saw dust. The guy really did want to break me. I got to my aunt's place, and my first call was the bathroom to throw up. I felt relieved after I did that. I went in search of my aunty, where I found her cooking in the kitchen.

"Aunty. You're here." She teased smiling. " How are the twins?"

I looked at her with anger.

"Okay, I give up." She raised her hands in mock surrender. "I won't mention "twins" again. Sorry ehen."

I sighed. "Small mummy, you won't believe who I saw today?"

"Let me guess, Deji?"
I hit my hands on the kitchen formica. "Correct. I met with Deji and his Friend Ade at KFC. He wants me to meet with his family officially."

"Did you tell him you didn't loose the pregnancy? Or are you still hiding under the guise that you lost it?" She asked.

"I told him I didn't loose it." I sighed again. "He was all apologetic right before I told him the truth about the pregnancy. I didn't wait to see his reactions after that. I feel he's being fake though, 'cause if he truly felt pained at the news of loosing the pregnancy. He should have reacted joyously at the truth." I said conclusively.

"Have you spoken to him after then?" She asked.

"Nope."

His call came in immediately I replied my aunt.

"Hello." I said into the phone.

"Bimbola. If you think you can make a mess of my emotions, then you are absolutely wrong." He stated plainly. "Now tell me the truth, are you still pregnant or Not."

"Ehen! What rubbish? On my line? Are you high on garri? You're calling me and ordering me to tell you if I'm pregnant or not? Look, I've said my piece. If you have better things to talk about, then send me a text. I'll read and reply."

I cut the call. His text came in instantly, and it read:

"Babe. Let's iron this out. I'm at Ade's place. Can we see later on in the evening?"

I didn't send a reply to his text message. I simply hissed. My aunt advised me to go and talk things out with him. I gave him a call and asked him for the directions to Ade's house. I wasn't sure what I would meet with there.

I seriously hoped I won't break somebody's head.
Re: Along He Came. by almacherish(f): 1:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
This deji guy is mad, imagine rubbish o
Re: Along He Came. by chii8(f): 1:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
I feel lk following her to Ade,so we will together break someone's head,high on ijebu garri indeed.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
chii8: I feel lk following her to Ade,so we will together break someone's head,high on ijebu garri indeed.
lols. Even me sef. He's a rubbish person. Thanks for reading on.*smiles*
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 3:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
almacherish: This deji guy is mad, imagine rubbish o
Abi oo. Serious rubbish. I wonder what he has to say sef. How are you? Thanks for following the story.

I'm following yours too
Well done ma'am.
Re: Along He Came. by almacherish(f): 4:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
Am gud hun, thanks for following mine. Nice story u've got here. Deji mumu guy
MidieMeliss: Abi oo. Serious rubbish. I wonder what he has to say sef. How are you? Thanks for following the story.

I'm following yours too
Well done ma'am.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 4:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
I almost got lost trying to locate Ade's house. The description had said NNPC Apata, yet I couldn't locate the place. Eventually, I swallowed my pride, and called Deji. He picked on the second ring and asked me to stay put at Mr Biggs Apata. I heeded his orders, and parked there waiting for him. Ten minutes later, he showed up.

"I'm very sorry for keeping you waiting." He apologised. " Should we go into the eatery or stay put here?"

"Get in the car, we'll talk here."

"I'm so sorry for everything. He said immediately he got into the front seat. "I got influenced by my friends. About getting married, I'm not. At least not for a while. I spoke with my sister about it. She mentioned it to my dad who got distressed about the news, that he cut me off. I transferred the aggressions to you. I'm so sorry Bimbola. She wants you to come over to the house." His eyes looked sullen. I pitied him.

"Not yet." I said. "Deji, I need time to be sure you're back in your right frame of mind. I almost lost this pregnancy. To top it all, I discovered I'm carring twins. I've got to be responsible for my actions and their lives now. I won't want to make bad decisions that will affect them in future. I have to be sure you're not bad news in itself."

"I'm also sorry about your dad cutting you off."

"Did you say twins?" He exclamed. Excitement was evident on his face. "That's good news Bimbo."

"About you wanting to take you time?" He said. "Its only fair." His understanding surprised me. "Take your time. But promise me you'll think about it properly."

"I give you my word." I nodded as I spoke.

"You have no idea how much it kills me everytime I had to threaten you." He said like I needed to be informed.

I simply said curtly. "Okay."

"Can I go now?" I asked. "I still have a long drive to bodija."

"Alright." He said. "I'll get a bike down to Ade's place from here."

He moved as though he wanted to give me a peck on the fore head. I simply swerved my head away from him.

"We'll talk over the phone." I said dismissing him.

"What is Deji up too?" I wondered during the drive home. Thoughts of it really filled me up till I got home. I prayed to God to give me the inner strength to fight the emotional battle. I drove inside the compound, I met my mum waiting by the door.

"Good Evening Ma." I greeted. "How are you?" The look on her face was that of anger. I wondered what was it that worked her up so much.

"Bimbola, are you pregnant?"

I was shocked.

1 Like

Re: Along He Came. by OHaddy(f): 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
i dont trust deji, bimbo better be careful.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 5:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
OHaddy: i dont trust deji, bimbo better be careful.
Me too. sad I don't trust him one bit.
Re: Along He Came. by aprilwise(m): 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
am enjoying ur masterpiece. please update more
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 5:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
aprilwise: am enjoying ur masterpiece. please update more
I will soon sire.. Thanks for the follow. smiley
Re: Along He Came. by Aipete2(f): 8:15pm On Sep 07, 2014
Yes mum
Re: Along He Came. by seunviju(f): 8:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
Yeeeepaaa,mummy don find out the truth already,I wonder what her reaction will be but as for Deji he is up 2 no good.Happy sunday ma'am

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Maa Mi (a Poem For Women Of Substance Out There) By Badiru Kehinde / Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter / Diary Of A Pastor's Son (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.