Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Along He Came. - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Along He Came. (38343 Views)

Along Came A Stranger . / Shadows From The Past....[The Past Came Haunting]-- A Short Story. / She Came with Hope - A Fiction. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Along He Came. by chii8(f): 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
Yes mummy,i was only waitn for d rit tym,sorry mummy*sobs bitterly*
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
"Mummy, let's go inside and talk that out?" I said motioning towards the door.
She calmly walked into the house. I knew I was in for it.

"Until when do you think you're going to keep hiding it?" She asked, staring directly into my eyes. "Answer me!" She yelled, startling me.

"Mummy. Its not like that please." I begged going on my two knees. "Who told you?"

She looked at me. Her eyes glassy with tears. I knew she was hurt. I had let her down. "The next time you're going to keep such from me, be sure to hide important documents."

Images of how I left my room flashed in my mind. I remembered I needed to switch bags, so I had emptied the content of my other bag on the bed. The bag had contained my new ante natal clinic card, which was among the scattered items on the bed. That was how she found out.

"Oh my!" I sighed. "This is going to be much more difficult than I think." I mused.

"So who is the man responsible for this?" She asked. "I take it, he's not the responsible type. Because if he is, you won't have to hide the pregnancy."

I could only stare at my feet.

"Answer me! What's his name." She yelled.

" D-Deji." I stammered.

"I see." She said smiling. "And what has he said so far?"

"At first he asked me to get rid of .."

"Get rid of what?" She interrupted. "Oh my God! Are you not old enough to seperate the chaff from the wheat? I'm so disappointed in you." She looked so sad, I wish I could hug her. I was sad too, but I could do nothing to ease the pain and hurt.

"So what is he saying now?" She continued.

"He wants me to meet his family?"
"And when did you intend to tell me?"

"Honestly mummy, I didn't know how to tell you." I was in tears now." And I'm so sorry for letting you down. I'm so sorry mummy."

She looked at me, stood up from where she had been sitting and walked away. I deserve her harshness. I knew she was deeply hurt, but I badly needed my mother. As if she read my thoughts. She came back and said to me.

"Bimbola. Despite everything, you're still the most wonderful daughter ever. I know this won't be easy, but you have me." Then she hugged me tightly.

"How did I ever deserve such a loving mother." I wondered.

It was just the beginning of everything, but it meant a lot that I had my mother and small mummy by my side.

Deji ensured he spoke with me everyday. I went for a confirmatory scan at the said date, and it was confirmed I was carrying double! My mother was very caring as usual all through, and my aunty too. Nobody mentioned Deji or his family.

The new session was due to start on September the 16th of that year, and I started gearing up towards the new session. A day before the resumption date, I packed my bags and headed for the park. At the park I called deji to inform him that I was already on my way back to Akure. I was excited, at the same time scared.

I was officially going to give Deji a second chance starting from that day. I didn't know how it was going to turn out, I was just excited.

The bus left the park at exactly some minutes to six o' clock, and I entered Akure fifteen minutes to nine o' clock in the night. Deji called me then, and asked me to wait for him at chicken republic. He drove down, picked me up, and we headed straight for his house.

My plan was to sleep over at his house on that fateful day, so we could talk things out, as things were already complicated. And since I was due to resume back to work the next day, it was the most suitable option.

As if on cue about their father's presence. The babies started kicking furiously. I picked his free right hand, and placed it over my belly. He felt the movements too. A smile rounded the corners of his lips, then it turned into a full grin.

"I'm so proud we made this together." He said. We were already parked inside the compound. He pulled me towards himself and kissed me deep. We kept at it till we were out of breathe. We got down from the car, and proceeded into the house. I snuggled into him. Silent until we were in the room. He let go of me long enough to shut the door and lock it, then I was in his arms and nothing else mattered into the world.

I hoped he wouldn't let me down again.

1 Like

Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 9:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
chii8: Yes mummy,i was only waitn for d rit tym,sorry mummy*sobs bitterly*
lols. Chii8 the actress. Lols..
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 9:41pm On Sep 07, 2014
seunviju: Yeeeepaaa,mummy don find out the truth already,I wonder what her reaction will be but as for Deji he is up 2 no good.Happy sunday ma'am
Happy Sunday too ma'am. Na serious gobe oo lols.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 9:43pm On Sep 07, 2014
Aipete2: Yes mum
lols. Abi ooo..how are you doing?
Re: Along He Came. by Aipete2(f): 10:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
MidieMeliss: lols. Abi ooo..how are you doing?
Am kul u. Thanks 4 d update
Re: Along He Came. by almacherish(f): 5:15am On Sep 08, 2014
Hmmm give deji which second chance.... Excess rubbish don d wori bimbo
Re: Along He Came. by AudreyTimms(f): 7:29am On Sep 08, 2014
*And my jaw drops* Bimbo don fall my hand! Weldone dear for the twist. I didn't see that coming!
Re: Along He Came. by Essyydiamond(f): 9:01am On Sep 08, 2014
Ahhhhhhh Bimbo u r a long way from learning ur lesson. Nice story
Re: Along He Came. by titiyella1(f): 1:12pm On Sep 08, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
Actually m new on nairaland.I went thru d stories and mehn dey r great and fantastic.welldone mAam.still following ur updates
Re: Along He Came. by kanechimex(m): 2:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
I dey vex. Bimbo no try at all. meanwhile someone should slap deji.
Re: Along He Came. by seunviju(f): 4:24pm On Sep 08, 2014
This Bimbola said dey behave like person wey no get sense and as for that Deji guy I no trust am one bit.Eku ise
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 5:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
Aipete2: Am kul u. Thanks 4 d update
you're welcome ma
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 5:37pm On Sep 08, 2014
seunviju: This Bimbola said dey behave like person wey no get sense and as for that Deji guy I no trust am one bit.Eku ise
I don't trust him too..*in helen paul's voice." How are you ma'am?
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 5:39pm On Sep 08, 2014
kanechimex: I dey vex. Bimbo no try at all. meanwhile someone should slap deji.
abi oo..in fact, I felt like breaking his head sef. Thanks for following the story sire.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 5:41pm On Sep 08, 2014
titiyella1: [color=#000099][/color]
Actually m new on nairaland.I went thru d stories and mehn dey r great and fantastic.welldone mAam.still following ur updates
thank you ma'am for following. It means a lot. *smiles*
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 5:43pm On Sep 08, 2014
Essyydiamond: Ahhhhhhh Bimbo u r a long way from learning ur lesson. Nice story
Abi oo..a very long way from learning her lessons ooo..
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 5:44pm On Sep 08, 2014
AudreyTimms: *And my jaw drops* Bimbo don fall my hand! Weldone dear for the twist. I didn't see that coming!
I'm shying..*covers face* thanks ma'am..
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 5:46pm On Sep 08, 2014
almacherish: Hmmm give deji which second chance.... Excess rubbish don d wori bimbo
abi oo..rubbish upon nonsense..
Re: Along He Came. by olufummy02(f): 5:51pm On Sep 08, 2014
i hope Bimbo will not learn her lesson the hard way... Nice story,,am really enjoying...more butter to ur bread,kudos to u.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 5:57pm On Sep 08, 2014
The next morning was filled with renewed hope for me. I met with deji's eldest sister Adekunbi. She was such a jovial and friendly person. Deji's parents were out of Nigeria, so I didn't get the opportunity of meeting them sooner than I expected. Sister Kunbi was really nice to me. She insisted I must take breakfast to work. She even joked about making Amala for me to eat!

I was happy. Things were looking positive.

"Have you registered for ante natal clinic?" She asked.

"Yes ma. " Came my reply, but in Ibadan.

"You must register here in Akure oo.
She turned to face Deji fully. "Has she met Tunji?" She asked.

"Yes, she has."

I was wondering who the tunji was. Then I suddenly remembered he was the doctor that first confirmed the pregnancy.

I smiled, and nodded towards sister Kunbi.

"Yes I have ma." I said, smiling again. "He even confirmed the pregnancy."

"That's good." She said, turning back to face me. " You know you must put to bed in akure here, as we can't be transporting my parents down to ibadan." She spoke with an air of authority.

"What exactly does she mean?" I wondered.

Deji dropped me off at work, and then went about his business for the day with the promise that he'll be back to pick me up.

Things were very rosy for a while. Sade and the rest of my friends had forgiven Deji, but they didn't still trust him. They kept him at a distance.

He was quiet the lover boy. Doting all over me as usual, tending to my needs, he even went with me to check the Sex of the babies. Both girls. He kept at it for a while until some very important issues affecting both of us came up.

"When am I going to meet with mumsy?" I asked him.

"Soon sweets, soon." He said looking away.

We were both lying down on the sofa. My heartburns were becoming persistent, and I was tired every minute, so I needed to rest my back.

"So when are you coming to ibadan to see mine?" I asked..
"Soon." Came his reply again. All of a sudden, as if bitten by a bug, he stood up.

"Do you think they'll like me?" He asked.

"Of course na." I said. "They will"

"Bimbola, I have not served, I'm still working for my father, and I can boldly say I don't have a job sef."

"Calm down dear." I pulled him close to me. "Baby, they'll like you."

"Do you intend to get married soon?" He asked.

"Not really." I replied. "I still have some stuffs to achieve."
"Good. Cause no one can force me into marriage too."

I was startled, but I quickly looked away. "What does he mean?" I asked myself.
Re: Along He Came. by Aipete2(f): 7:17pm On Sep 08, 2014
Please tell me whats wrong with the guy
Re: Along He Came. by OHaddy(f): 8:20pm On Sep 08, 2014
I dnt trust deji at all, people dnt just change over 9t. Bimbo beta dnt let down your guard.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 8:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
CHAPTER FIVE

The week flew by quickly, but the words Deji spoke the last time we saw never left my mind.

"No one can force me into marriage?" I repeated, this time to myself.

I was so deeply engrossed in these thoughts, I did not notice my phone ringing.

"Bimbo." Sade called sternly. "Didn't you hear you phone ring? Anyway, take, mumsy wants to speak with you."

Apparently, my mum had called severally, but I didn't pick as I had been engrossed in thoughts about Deji.

"Oh. Thanks." I smiled my appreciation.

"Hello ma." I spoke into the phone. "How are you?"

"Bimbo. Are you fine? Are you healthy? Why haven't you come home all these while. You know I don't like you been away too long especially in that condition of yours."

"Mummy, I'm so sorry. I got caught up in some things."
"The reason I called you is pertaining to this pregnancy. I think we had better tell your father now. This is october already, and he should be home any moment. I don't want him meeting any surprises." She sounded distressed now.

We had not told my dad as my mother wanted to make sure the necessary things were in place, and I must admit, I was a little scared about the outcome if I told him. I couldn't face him or speak with him over the phone. I was just too scared.

"Hmmmm." I said. "I'll be home by tomorrow ma."

"Now bimbola, you tell that young man I'll like to see him here in ibadan on sunday. We'll all have lunch together."

It was an order. I didn't have a say. I just knew I had to comply.
I waited for deji to come by my place in the evening, which he did. One of his friends had his engagement on that fateful day which was a friday. He came by all decked in the "aso ebi" the friends had chosen for the occassion. He looked resplendent.

"My mum wants to meet with you." I said as soon as he sat.

"Okay. When?"

"Sunday." I said, treading carefully as I wasn't sure what his reaction will be.

"That's a short notice. Sunday is just two days from now, and my parents aren't around too. Maybe I can reschedule. " He said. "Can I speak with her over the phone?" He asked.

"Yes you can."

I began dialling her number, and she picked on the second ring.

"Hello Bimbola." She said.

"Its me Adedeji ma." He glanced at me. "Good Evening ma."

"Oh, so you're the guy who didn't want to own up to my child's pregnancy?" She spoke angrily. "What do you have to say to defend yourself?"

I was listening in on their conversation, so I heard all there was to be heard.

"I'm so sorry ma. She said you asked me to come this sunday ma, and I was wondering if I could reschedule, as my parents are not around at the moment."

"Okay. "

They both discussed on the next available date, and picked the second week in November.
I really hoped Deji wasn't planning something else up on his sleeves, as his actions were starting to look suspicious.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 8:53pm On Sep 08, 2014
OHaddy: I dnt trust deji at all, people dnt just change over 9t. Bimbo beta dnt let down your guard.
I also don't trust him too. But I think bimbo is quiet the emotional character. She allows her emotions make decisions for her, don't you think? Thanks for following too.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 8:55pm On Sep 08, 2014
Aipete2: Please tell me whats wrong with the guy
I think his brain is filled with saw dust jare..don't you think?
Re: Along He Came. by Aipete2(f): 10:34pm On Sep 08, 2014
MidieMeliss: I think his brain is filled with saw dust jare..don't you think?
Lolz, nice update ma
Re: Along He Came. by chilordson(m): 10:50pm On Sep 08, 2014
wat a messed up story nt inrested any more
Re: Along He Came. by seunviju(f): 11:00pm On Sep 08, 2014
Dis Bimbola sef,shey na love no make am see wella wey she just dey behave like mugu,shiooooor
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 11:27pm On Sep 08, 2014
chilordson: wat a messed up story nt inrested any more
My dear, not all stories have predictable nature. You win some, you loose some. As a matter of fact, the twist I added were from real life scenerios. Even worse than I've painted it. I'm not writing this 'cause I want to improve my writing skills, but because I want us all to learn. Still, I'm glad you followed up to this level. Thank you.
Re: Along He Came. by MidieMeliss(f): 11:36pm On Sep 08, 2014
seunviju: Dis Bimbola sef,shey na love no make am see wella wey she just dey behave like mugu,shiooooor
I started working on this story about two months back. While at it, I met a young woman, (even younger than myself) in these shoes. She kept going back to her vomit. When I finally got the chance to move close to her and ask her exactly what's making her go back to a man who doesn't deserve you. She said. "I'm carrying his child. I can't afford to have a fatherless baby." It was then it struck me that some women are in too deep in terrible situations because they yearn so much for acceptance. They want to be loved. They want someone to call the father of her child. Above all, they don't want individuals to judge them based on the paternity of their children. You'll understand better when I get to that point.

I think bimbo is a victim of this too.

Thank you for being a loyal follower. *huggs*
Re: Along He Came. by AudreyTimms(f): 11:45am On Sep 09, 2014
My dear, you don't have to explain yourself to anyone. Who no wan read again, make e carry e ghana must go dey go! It's not by force!

A lot of people just refuse to face reality. There are like a thousand and one Bimbos out there. Girls who keep going back to one useless guy again and again due to one reason or the other.

I'm actually enjoying the story. Even if it's just fiction, it has a ring of reality to it.

So please ride on, dear!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Upset About Hillary Clinton's "Wife" Bio On Twitter / Diary Of A Pastor's Son (18+) / Murica: My River Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.