Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,126 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:47 AM

I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. (30691 Views)

How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / 18 Things People who attended UNILAG can completely relate To / Dear Jobseeking Graduate, Here’s What You Should Have Done In Final Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by pat077: 9:39am On Aug 29, 2014
duni04: OP spent her 4 years enjoying postinor and drinking grin grin grin grin grin

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by DRealGeesam(m): 9:47am On Aug 29, 2014
Nastydroid: get no response to stimuli
Hehehehehehehehehe
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by doublevikworld(m): 9:49am On Aug 29, 2014
I rily don't knw wat u want to achieve..if ur plan of attaining a 2-1 or 1st class is beyond reach now dat shldnt make u feel less of urself,finish ur prog n move on.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by 88natzy(m): 9:51am On Aug 29, 2014
akitijackson: I'm final year student of the English Language(B.A). In my 1st year in the university, I was a first class student, bt I drastically dropped to 2.2 in 300level. As I discovered d level at which I dropped, I lost interest in the degree, nw I dnt knw my fate. My plan nw is as soon as I'm done, I'm gonna apply for a 2nd degree nd dis time ntin will stop me frm attaining what I've always desired. Now my dilema is if it's gon be a gud idea for me to start afresh or shld I jst continue onto masters? I really want to make things straight cos the worst result I've eva had is dis present 1.
. Take a look at your problems!!!

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by duni04(m): 9:51am On Aug 29, 2014
godG: akitijackson, if you happen to be a student in OAU, do lemme know.
She has a bf o, many infact grin

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Yemlizzy(f): 9:53am On Aug 29, 2014
Eeyah...how sad!

3 Likes

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Orikinla(m): 10:03am On Aug 29, 2014
akitijackson: I'm final year student of the English Language(B.A). In my 1st year in the university, I was a first class student, bt I drastically dropped to 2.2 in 300level. As I discovered d level at which I dropped, I lost interest in the degree, nw I dnt knw my fate. My plan nw is as soon as I'm done, I'm gonna apply for a 2nd degree nd dis time ntin will stop me frm attaining what I've always desired. Now my dilema is if it's gon be a gud idea for me to start afresh or shld I jst continue onto masters? I really want to make things straight cos the worst result I've eva had is dis present 1.

I feel your pains. But I will advise you to continue to your Masters.
Prof. Wole Soyinka graduated with second class upper and not first class, but where are those who had first class in his period compared to the first black Nobel Laureate in Literature?
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Miscellaneous(m): 10:08am On Aug 29, 2014
Jesuspistol: grin grin Loooolz mhen these guys on FP una no try o. Una response harsh o. I pity d geh sha grin grin grin grin

ur mata ehnnnn.....
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by femi4: 10:16am On Aug 29, 2014
Send me a PM, I can help you with an article
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by ProfEinstein: 10:18am On Aug 29, 2014
ddooskie: Final year student ...hmmm, and you still compose like this?! undecided
And what about his composition?? MR ITK phuck off.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by 9jabasewap: 10:22am On Aug 29, 2014
64-bit Chrome finally available to download: Faster, more secure, twice as stable

http://www.9jabasewap.com/64-bit-chrome-finally-available-download-faster-secure-twice-stable/
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Miscellaneous(m): 10:27am On Aug 29, 2014

DSTV in ur room & u hope to finish with 1st class? You & ur sister need serious advice....... posting these advice here is next to useless cos u wont read it .....

God help u.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by eunisam: 10:29am On Aug 29, 2014
use the time of starting over again and start a business or setup a manufacturing company.u can do many things without a degree but you cannot do single thing without money.a rich man is a king anywhere in the world because money is money anywhere.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by 9jamustchange: 10:32am On Aug 29, 2014
adorable29:

Who mentioned a dictionary?

I have never corrected/questioned anybody's comprehension or grammer on any forum before cos I know I am not perfect myself. This one is different..... A FINAL YEAR ENGLISH STUDENT who for that matter, is feeling low cos she may come out with a 2:2 and not a first class.

A 2:2 is not a bad grade by the way. The irony though.

Your spelling of 'grammer' (grammar) tells us you're far from being perfect.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by WoodcrestMayor(m): 10:32am On Aug 29, 2014
Be sincere with your self and address the cause of the slide,objectively.
Having done dis,the next step is to apply for postgraudate programmes(PGD or MA...whichever one u can get into).Remember time waits for no man.Since you believe it's in you,I'll advise u channel all u've got into your PGS.A very good PGS can make your first degree a lil' or altogether irrelevant.
Cheers!smiley
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by legendsilver(m): 10:34am On Aug 29, 2014
2.2 is not a bad grade dear. Mind you, not all students will make 1st class and 2.1 and not all 1st class and 2.1 students are successful in Life.
My advice;
Get a life, get focus and be determined, only then will the sky be your starting point and space might not even contain your success.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 29, 2014
eleojo23: If you think that having a first class will secure your future and make you happy, then you should start all over. But truth is, while it is good to have an excellent result, you can still be successful and fulfilled without having a first class. There are many successful people who did not make first class. Time is not waiting for you. Identify the source of your problem and address it. If you can go unto masters with your result, go ahead and make up your mind that your result in masters level will be better than your first degree. Your true worth is what you have in you and not some words and figures (grades) scribbled on paper.
Done!!! This is all you need...
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by 9jamustchange: 10:45am On Aug 29, 2014
ProfEinstein: And what about his composition?? MR ITK phuck off.
I don't see any difference between her composition and the ones by those bent on disparaging and discrediting her competence.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by sauceEEP(m): 10:52am On Aug 29, 2014
Mara and clara story...
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by willibounce1(m): 10:57am On Aug 29, 2014
Continue your education and get really serious. A 2.2 is not going to stop you from being great if you are determined. You need to take break from LOMANCE section of NL. E be like say you too rike that THING.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by temi4fash(m): 10:58am On Aug 29, 2014
. bross.. If you have really evaluated yourself and you see there is no problem physically... Bros consider the spiritual side of it... Speakng from experience...
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Acidosis(m): 11:01am On Aug 29, 2014
Why do you need a 1st Class Degree?
Your grade won't dictate your salary smiley Some firms won't pay more than the stipulated even if you graduate with a 10 point GPA. The probability that you'll get a job easily in Schools is high (when compared to other firms). Do you have an idea on what these Schools pay graduates?

What makes you think you'll get a first class if you enroll for a second degree? We all wanted first class, you know cheesy But one thing led to another..., and we couldn't. Even if you're determined, have you considered your age? Can you withstand the "settle-down/marriage" pressure in your NEW 100 level study, while your mates are already enjoying life with 2.2/3rd Class degrees, with husbands and kids.

Your environment is really dictating your thoughts cheesy

You need to take a tour out of campus cheesy Even your Lecturers are sufferring
#no offence_ joke
grin grin

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 29, 2014
ddooskie: Final year student ...hmmm, and you still compose like this?! undecided
That is the Nigerian system we endure. And a final year English student for that matter.

2 Likes

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Indiegoh: 11:04am On Aug 29, 2014
Let me get sometin straight here, you have been a first class student since your 100l, but was dropped to 2.2 in your 300l. How is that possible? Okay, let me make some calculations here:

100l 1st semester: 4.50
2nd semester: 4.50
200l 1st semester:4.50
2nd semester :4.50

Let me also assume that your GPA in 300l first semester was 2.0(which is not even possible for someone that has been a first class student since 100l), let me also assume that in your second semester you had 1.68......

Given the above, your CGPA still stands at 3.61, which is still a fairly strong 2.1..... So, OP, hw did you drop to 2.2? Or maybe you were never a first class student in the first place, or...... Don't let me even assume that your GPA in thuse two semesters were below 1.0..... Na na, its not possible...... Your HOD and examination officer ought to have called you to attention since.

In conclusion, i feel the OP is witholding some information or the whole story is a lie or......... The OP is just seeking attention.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by honeric01(m): 11:05am On Aug 29, 2014
9jamustchange:
Your spelling of 'grammer' (grammar) tells us you're far from being perfect.

At least, she's not reading English nor running for 1st class.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Acidosis(m): 11:06am On Aug 29, 2014
Indiegoh: Let me get sometin straight here, you have been a first class student since your 100l, but was dropped to 2.2 in your 300l. How is that possible? Okay, let me make some calculations here:

Let me also assume that your GPA in 300l first semester was 2.0(which is not even possible for someone that has been a first class student since 100l), let me also assume that in your second semester you had 1.68......

Given the above, your CGPA still stands at 3.61, which is still a fairly strong 2.1..... So, OP, hw did you drop to 2.2? Or maybe you were never a first class student in the first place, or...... Don't let me even assume that your GPA in thuse two semesters were below 1.0..... Na na, its not possible...... Your HOD and examination officer ought to have called you to attention since.

In conclusion, i feel the OP is witholding some information or the whole story is a lie or......... The OP is just seeking attention.

cheesy You mean attention in BED?
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by honeric01(m): 11:07am On Aug 29, 2014
Indiegoh: Let me get sometin straight here, you have been a first class student since your 100l, but was dropped to 2.2 in your 300l. How is that possible? Okay, let me make some calculations here:

A brain has been detected!
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Edusouls(m): 11:16am On Aug 29, 2014
please do and get out of school, school is not all and all,you go die in education, african man and education, come out and face life, before you waste all your energetic years in school at the end you wont even scratch out 2nd class lower talkless of first class...
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by kaboninc(m): 11:17am On Aug 29, 2014
duni04:
Serzly i didnt even know wot postinor was till i opened her profile grin

Seriously?
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by kaboninc(m): 11:18am On Aug 29, 2014
Miscellaneous:

DSTV in ur room & u hope to finish with 1st class? You & ur sister need serious
....... posting these advice here is next to useless cos u wont read it .....

God help u.

Will DSTv in her room stop her from being a high flyer?
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by kaboninc(m): 11:19am On Aug 29, 2014
Acidosis:

cheesy You mean attention in BED?

These guys don't know what it takes to school in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Ayostically: 11:20am On Aug 29, 2014
NaLaugh: haha. I recommend dropping out and learning how to trade salt, maggi, bitter leaf and the likes at you local market. cheesy

Seriously though, the factors you need to take into consideration are:

1. Can you get your grades up to 2.1?
If you can, then do just that, and proceed with a Master's degree.

2. If your answer to (1) is "No," then i would still recommend going on with a Master's degree.

A second degree should generally be a last resort in "fixing" circumstances like this.
However, if you absolutely feel the need to, then seek out a major which most of your current credits can be applied toward.
This way, you have less credit requirements, and will get it done much faster than going for an unrelated major.

Good luck.

I'd like 2 ask, r u stil interestd in d course of study, if yes, brace up n re-dedicate urself 2 achievin ur goal. Bt if no, jst manage n finsh dis, den change course

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

N45m For The Family Of Electrocuted Oluchi Anekwe UNILAG Student As Compensation / At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? / PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.