Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:39 AM

I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. (30692 Views)

How A Lecturer Punished A UNILORIN Final Year Student / 18 Things People who attended UNILAG can completely relate To / Dear Jobseeking Graduate, Here’s What You Should Have Done In Final Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 29, 2014
To the moderators

The title of this thread should be changed to "She's In Final Year But She's Completely Lost Focus"

The op is a female.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 11:38am On Aug 29, 2014
Indiegoh: Let me get sometin straight here, you have been a first class student since your 100l, but was dropped to 2.2 in your 300l. How is that possible? Okay, let me make some calculations here:

100l 1st semester: 4.50
2nd semester: 4.50
200l 1st semester:4.50
2nd semester :4.50

Let me also assume that your GPA in 300l first semester was 2.0(which is not even possible for someone that has been a first class student since 100l), let me also assume that in your second semester you had 1.68......

Given the above, your CGPA still stands at 3.61, which is still a fairly strong 2.1..... So, OP, hw did you drop to 2.2? Or maybe you were never a first class student in the first place, or...... Don't let me even assume that your GPA in thuse two semesters were below 1.0..... Na na, its not possible...... Your HOD and examination officer ought to have called you to attention since.

In conclusion, i feel the OP is witholding some information or the whole story is a lie or......... The OP is just seeking attention.

oga may be she started dropping right from level 2 first semester.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by deletrue: 11:43am On Aug 29, 2014
akitijackson: I'm final year student of the English Language(B.A). In my 1st year in the university, I was a first class student, bt I drastically dropped to 2.2 in 300level. As I discovered d level at which I dropped, I lost interest in the degree, nw I dnt knw my fate. My plan nw is as soon as I'm done, I'm gonna apply for a 2nd degree nd dis time ntin will stop me frm attaining what I've always desired. Now my dilema is if it's gon be a gud idea for me to start afresh or shld I jst continue onto masters? I really want to make things straight cos the worst result I've eva had is dis present 1.
I just find it very and extremely dificult to find a suitable catigory to place you. What is wrong with you? You are now a final years student yet the sensitivity in this your post is worth no adjective to compare with. These are the future Nigerians!
Now, tell us what went wrong? Did you join bad friends? Did you lost your memory along the line? Did you run after men? Did you just suddenly lost interest in the school, course, the lucturer or no money to buy books? Just tell us what happened? It is very annoying to come across this post from a final year English student. summary again: Bull crap.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 29, 2014
akitijackson: I'm final year student of the English Language(B.A). In my 1st year in the university, I was a first class student, bt I drastically dropped to 2.2 in 300level. As I discovered d level at which I dropped, I lost interest in the degree, nw I dnt knw my fate. My plan nw is as soon as I'm done, I'm gonna apply for a 2nd degree nd dis time ntin will stop me frm attaining what I've always desired. Now my dilema is if it's gon be a gud idea for me to start afresh or shld I jst continue onto masters? I really want to make things straight cos the worst result I've eva had is dis present 1.

Dear I don't know your location, because your location will go a long way to determine what you should consider.

If you are in Nigeria, I would suggest you look at your GPA as it is right now, and determine what the best case scenario will be after your final year ( assuming you did excellently in your final year). If at the end, you are sure of ending up with a 2.1, I suggest you throw in everything you'v got into it and complete your students. After which you should sit your Bottom down and prepare very well for graduate exam. With a good graduate test score result and a near perfect statement of purpose you can get yourself into one of the top school, if you are very lucky that will come with a scholarship. If that did happen when you get there you should work yourself to the bone to get a cum laude. With that all your past sins are forgiven. grin grin

On the other hand, if you are studying abroad I suggest you don't drop your program, what you can do is either you change course or look for a good uni near by. Where you can enroll for courses on contract basis, with this you should work hard and see your present program as a substitute. By the end of this your program you can then apply formally to the university for a fresh program related to the contract you took and you will have to drop those courses you took as contract. Then you do the remaining courses in which case you'v lost nothing.

No matter what you decide to, whether you abandon the course and start a fresh one or you continue with it, one thing you should know is that time to time you will slip into depression knowing what has happened and the odds that are stark against you. At some point you will doubt yourself and you might even start freaking out when you have exams to do. But then you have to be mentally prepared and emotional stable, that is the only way you can come out if. You know what you are capable of doing, you should under no circumstance doubt yourself or your ability no matter what the outcome is.

Good luck sis and we hope to read from you on how things turn out well in the future.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by coderXO(m): 11:53am On Aug 29, 2014
duni04: OP spent her 4 years enjoying postinor and drinking grin grin grin grin grin
hehehehe! rofl

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 29, 2014
I hope you know the labour market deals wiv age limit. I have a frnd wiv a first class and he's 29 and all he gets is reduce ur age to 26. So upgrade ur results. Do professional courses and keep goin higher. Even if its PH.d and I tel u, you won't regret it. Cos I feel goin bak 4 a 2nd degree is a total waste of time. Meanwhile all d best.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Rexnegro(m): 11:57am On Aug 29, 2014
He completely lost focus abi ? Then he should completely find it back na shikena
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by gistmelove(m): 11:57am On Aug 29, 2014
that mean na runs u do for ur first yr in the university, No Chance for runs again, Na ur cross oyaa carry am tongue tongue #lobatan grin grin
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by tosyne2much(m): 11:58am On Aug 29, 2014
papiforreal:

oga may be she started dropping right from level 2 first semester.
I thought as much ooooo...Even if a first class student is not as academically inclined as she was in her 100L, I doubt if her\she would drastically drop up to 100 points.. For a first class student to ave dropped to 2.2, it shows she must av had up had at least a minmum of 5C.Os depending on d unit.. However, I doubt if a first class student have would loads to Carry Over evn if she goes to class only twice a week
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Chyrenic: 12:00pm On Aug 29, 2014
My dear, don't start all over, make everything straight from now on and do the same for your Masters. Good luck and God help you. Hard work+ God = Good results.

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Tinyemeka(m): 12:02pm On Aug 29, 2014
It seems you did not initially plan to study B.A English, am I correct?

What was it?
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Aug 29, 2014
tosyne2much: I doubt if a first class student have loads to Carry Over evn if she goes to class only twice a week

That's funny, one thing most people don't know is that first class student works twice as hard as every other student. Don't mind them when them tell you they don't study or they rarely come to classes. They used that time to student, i had a lot of them around. When you are busy sleeping they are studying, when you are out having fun they are busy studying but we don't see that. All we tend to remember is we hardly see them in class. I guess she might have lower her guard thinking she could work less and get more out of it.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by HAkorehdeh(m): 12:04pm On Aug 29, 2014
Akorede se you don dey hear
............ Toor
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by WanaG(m): 12:06pm On Aug 29, 2014
Get your GPA back to a 2.1.

Most Nigerian employers don't care what you studied, as long as the degree is good.

But if you have something else you want to do, go and start now. If you have age on your side though, finish your current degree then go and start all over again.

Best of luck.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 12:07pm On Aug 29, 2014

My sis..... pls don't give up too soon... don't mind ppl laughing at you, saying you can't do it.....
•fight until it is mathematical impossible,,

•when you fall, stand up and slap the hell out of the force that pushed u in d first place!

the truth is your very brillant, just step ur your work rate by 99%,

what your passing tru now is called a test, and

•how can you share ur Testimony, when you don't pass ur Test?

pls do this for me!!!

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by tosyne2much(m): 12:07pm On Aug 29, 2014
woodcook:

That's funny, one thing most people don't know is that first class student works twice as hard as every other student . Don't mind them when them tell you they don't student or they rarely come to classes. They used that time to student, i had a lot of them around. When you are busy sleeping they are studying, when you are out having fun they are busy studying but we don't see that. All we tend to remember is we hardly see them in class. I guess she might have lower her guard thinking she could work less and get more out of it.

that's tru bro
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Pianoman1(m): 12:18pm On Aug 29, 2014
hello nairaianders.m new here
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 29, 2014
Tinyemeka:
It seems you did not initially plan to study B.A English, am I correct?

What was it?
oh yes, I never planned to study English. It was Law. I made my Jamb which was 241, my waec was good. So I still dnt understand why I didn't get to study law.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 29, 2014
gistmelove: that mean na runs u do for ur first yr in the university, No Chance for runs again, Na ur cross oyaa carry am tongue tongue #lobatan grin grin
u'll perish for ur lack of knowledge. Ppl like u end up stupid nd dumb!
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 29, 2014
88natzy: . Take a look at your problems!!!
for d fact I post certain topics doesn't mean I'm a victim of such. Just take a look at urself, if we're to meet one on one, I sure cnt stand u. Kapish!
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by gistmelove(m): 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
akitijackson: u'll perish for ur lack of knowledge. Ppl like u end up stupid nd dumb!
e don pain her tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by komek(m): 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
donigspain: First, address what caused the present downward trend in your academics before you jump into a second degree and the same thing happens again.

My people talk say "person wey no sabi where rain begin beat am..." (help me complete am sad)
"Him no go still know where the rain stop to dey beat am too". I guess I completed that statement.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 29, 2014
100Cents: See her face.

This one nah multiple boyfriends make.her.lose focus. Abi locust..
see. U're here to make an opinion nd nt scrutinize me. At least I'm blessed wif such beauty. My beauty givs ppl d impression of me being a bad gal, bt it's far frm it.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 29, 2014
gistmelove:
e don pain her tongue tongue
learn to be matured especially on matters like dis!

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by gistmelove(m): 12:37pm On Aug 29, 2014
akitijackson: learn to be matured especially on matters like dis!
ok i will learn grin grin
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 29, 2014
gistmelove:
ok i will learn grin grin
kapish!
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Aug 29, 2014
its better you work hard enough to get into second class upper if your GP is good enough or else, you may end up crying and regretting at the end Of the day. This is your future and only you can design it. Nobody go read for you.
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 12:43pm On Aug 29, 2014
Bimfo: hahahahahahahahhaha..

Prick don spoil ur Life.. hahahahahaha

grin Guys! weldone ooo.. Spoiling lives since 1960BC
take a look at urself b4 lafin! Tnk ur stars u didn't upload ur pic! Ppl like u are d ugly ones!
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by millionboi(m): 12:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
I don talk m....mek thy dey teach us wit our local language instead of English
Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 29, 2014
akitijackson: learn to be matured especially on matters like dis!
haba!

1 Like

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by Indiegoh: 12:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
akitijackson: take a look at urself b4 lafin! Tnk ur stars u didn't upload ur pic! Ppl like u are d ugly ones!
See you, you have resorted to insulting people on this thread........ Your replies to comments does not even depict you as a first class material..... As some people rightly opined, you were a product of runs in your first year...... Or you think the problem is with hitting 4.5 or above?.. No sister, it spans beyond that.... You have to be consistent and your consistency is the only proof that you deserved it in the first place...........

Listen to my advice: If at all you are saying the truth, i would advice you to work very hard for this remaining two semesters and bounce to 2.1..... If you have already made up your mind however to give up.. I wish you the very best.

3 Likes

Re: I'm In Final Year Yet I've Completely Lost Focus. by IntroVAT: 1:10pm On Aug 29, 2014

Did you say you're in final year?
Did you say you were once a 1st class student?
Did you say you're studying English?
Is this English?

Maybe you should start by trying to curb what made your writing degenerate like this in the first place. For an English student, this is absolutely unforgivable

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

N45m For The Family Of Electrocuted Oluchi Anekwe UNILAG Student As Compensation / At 20, What Are Things One Needs To Learn Or Do To Be Successful In The Future? / PTI Lecturer Gives Final Year Students An Opportunity To Set Questions In Exams.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.