Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz (4060 Views)

Why Are We Muslims Always Oppressed / The Oppressed Grandson Of The Prophet / Islam: The Rights Of The Woman, Are The Brothers Oppressed?: Lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Cheers01: 3:41pm On May 27, 2019
Empiree:
smh... I even highlighted key points but you failed to see it or deliberately missed it. Compared what you posted here with what I posted. Totally different. Average people killing others in Pakistan is different from govt sanction of persecution that I highlighted above.

Is Pakistan the only country I mentioned?

Saudi Arabia where atheism is equated to terrorism and punishable by death?

Indonesia nko?

You are not being honest
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Empiree: 3:41pm On May 27, 2019
Cheers01:

Stop lying. How do atheists cross the line?

Charity begins at home. You can tell your northern Muslims to stop forcing and expecting Christian women to wear hijabs.

You can even see how you yourself crosses the line- assuming all atheist are people whoindult your religion.
don't even cite Nigeria. Both CHRISTIANS and Muslims are troublesome in that country. You cited north forcing hijab on CHRISTIANs. But you failed to cite SouthWest forcing off hijab on Muslim ladies in school and at work. Where is tolerance from both sides?

Is it not hypocrisy that you cited only North but turned away from CHRISTIAN South west?
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Empiree: 3:44pm On May 27, 2019
Cheers01:

Is Pakistan the only country I mentioned?

Saudi Arabia where atheism is equated to terrorism and punishable by death?

Indonesia nko?

You are not being honest
you are being dishonest. What you are saying is not comparable to what I have highlighted. Be sincere man. I just highlighted non muslim GOVERNMENT SANCTIONED PERSECUTION OF ENTIRE RELIGIOUS COMMUNITY but you are saying something else.

Besides, there are open atheists and gay people in Saudi now and they do nothing about it. Very sad.
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Cheers01: 3:45pm On May 27, 2019
Empiree:
don't even cite Nigeria. Both CHRISTIANS and Muslims are troublesome in that country. You cited north forcing hijab on CHRISTIANs. But you failed to cite SouthWest forcing off hijab on Muslim ladies in school and at work. Where is tolerance from both sides?

Is it not hypocrisy that you cited only North but turned away from CHRISTIAN South west?

A private school or office has the right to enforce whatever dress code it wants.

I am talking about walking on the streets in Kano and Zamfara
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Empiree: 3:48pm On May 27, 2019
Cheers01:

A private school or office has the right to enforce whatever dress code it wants.

I am talking about walking on the streets in Kano and Zamfara
are there no harrasement of hijab in public area in south west?. How about the case of law graduate last that made headlines?. She was harrased by CHRISTIAN South
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Cheers01: 3:58pm On May 27, 2019
Empiree:
you are being dishonest. What you are saying is not comparable to what I have highlighted. Be sincere man. I just highlighted non muslim GOVERNMENT SANCTIONED PERSECUTION OF ENTIRE RELIGIOUS COMMUNITY but you are saying something else.

Besides, there are open atheists and gay people in Saudi now and they do nothing about it. Very sad.

Ogbeni, atheism is illegal in Saudi Arabia.

Atheism is punishable by death in 13 Islamic countries. Is that not sanctioned persecution of non Muslims?

What about the murder of ahmadis (ahmadiyya) in Pakistan and other muslim countries?

In Pakistan, Ahmadis are officially declared non muslims. They are killed anyhow and the police or government do nothing. The police even arrest shadow for printing ahmadiyya books. The only time police and the courts act on anti ahmadiyya violence is when there is international pressure.
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Cheers01: 4:01pm On May 27, 2019
Empiree:
are there no harrasement of hijab in public area in south west?. How about the case of law graduate last that made headlines?. She was harrased by CHRISTIAN South

Hijab is not allowed in secular courts. The judge must see your face. They were having a law school induction or something.....

But you overlook your own case where the harassment is physical. In the streets in northern states, both police and other men will harass women who don't cover up.
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Empiree: 4:21pm On May 27, 2019
Cheers01:

Hijab is not allowed in secular courts.

Is Nigeria more secular than Western countries?.

Below you find:

US hijabi Congress woman

New York hijabi muslim students

US lawyer in court etc

Dem no born anybody well to mess with their hijab either in public or in private. You will pay hefty fines that your generations will never recover from.

Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Cheers01: 4:26pm On May 27, 2019
Empiree:
Is Nigeria more secular than Western countries?.

Below you find:

US hijabi Congress woman

New York hijabi muslim students

US lawyer in court etc

Dem no born anybody well to mess with their hijab either in public or in private. You will pay hefty fines that your generations will never recover from.

Ogbeni, in the UK it is confirmed that a judge can ask you to remove your hijab in the court room.

I don't know the nonsense you are talking here.

What about those who force hijabs on others in the north of Nigeria? You will never address it. Muslims are never wrong ij your opinion.

I'm sure you didnt complain about Saudi stopping women from driving until the ban was lifted
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Empiree: 4:40pm On May 27, 2019
Cheers01:

Ogbeni, in the UK it is confirmed that a judge can ask you to remove your hijab in the court room.

I don't know the nonsense you are talking here.

What about those who force hijabs on others in the north of Nigeria? You will never address it. Muslims are never wrong ij your opinion.

I'm sure you didnt complain about Saudi stopping women from driving until the ban was lifted
bro, why are you shivering?. Do you need orijin leafs to stabilize yourself?. My time is up here now cus you raised no valid point. I have provided you with adequate evidences on hijab and on persecutions and oppressions of muslims. But you failed to provide valid evidences that Muslims govts persecute nonmuslims for their religion.

Let me be clear. There is no where in Earth as we speak where Muslims govts persecute nonmuslims that leads to mass exodus as we seen with nonmuslims governments persecuted Muslims which led to mass immigration from their homes.

Kindly provide evidence of muslim govts do this in our contemporary world, please?.

Instead what we see are some individuals who make up stories of persecution in Muslim countries just to get green card or stay like they do in Canada right now. A lot of Tom dick and Harry are claiming asylum at expense of Islam. They always lie about Islam in their home countries and many of these people are nonmuslims faking stories and lie that their lives are in danger bcuz of Islam..

Examples are numerous. To mention a few, Wafa Sultan, Walid Shoebat etc. They are now irrelevant
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 27, 2019
Empiree:
show us where Muslims are oppressing people. Give us example of people they are oppressing?.

Don't quote text because there are many things in texts that are not practiced. You can't use that as point of reference.

Let me help you in case you are confused.

Example of oppression is what we are witnessing in Gaza.

* Israeli/Palestinians conflicts (where Jewish govt, supported by Christian Zionists govts are bombing and enslaving Muslims.

* India/Kashmir conflicts(where Hindus govt are killing, bombing and enslaving Muslims.

* Burma/Rohingya muslim conflicts (where Burmese buddists govt are killing Muslims like chicken and placing them in open concentration camps.

* China/Xinjiang/Uyghurs muslim conflicts (where Chinese buddists govt are killing muslims, restricting their religious practices and forcing them into concentration camps. Destroying their religious centers and Masajid and forcing them to eat Haram.

So show is where muslim govts are killing non muslims in contemporary world?.
oga shut up there
Saudi on Yemen
asad govt on Syrian people
bashir govt on zaghawa people
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Empiree: 5:19pm On May 27, 2019
abdelrahman:
oga shut up there
Saudi on Yemen
asad govt on Syrian people
bashir govt on zaghawa people
I didn't talk about Muslims on Muslims. That's a different case. I clearly highlighted my point. Why did you miss it?
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Nobody: 5:45pm On May 27, 2019
Empiree:
I didn't talk about Muslims on Muslims. That's a different case. I clearly highlighted my point. Why did you miss it?
oga it is still oppression
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Empiree: 5:56pm On May 27, 2019
abdelrahman:
oga it is still oppression
step aside for a minute. At least you didnt try to be a con man like cheers01 who mischievously placed blames on muslims for everything
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 27, 2019
Empiree:
step aside for a minute. At least you didnt try to be a con man like cheers01 who mischievously placed blames on muslims for everything
ok
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Cheers01: 6:42pm On May 27, 2019
Empiree:
bro, why are you shivering?. Do you need orijin leafs to stabilize yourself?. My time is up here now cus you raised no valid point. I have provided you with adequate evidences on hijab and on persecutions and oppressions of muslims. But you failed to provide valid evidences that Muslims govts persecute nonmuslims for their religion.

Let me be clear. There is no where in Earth as we speak where Muslims govts persecute nonmuslims that leads to mass exodus as we seen with nonmuslims governments persecuted Muslims which led to mass immigration from their homes.

Kindly provide evidence of muslim govts do this in our contemporary world, please?.

Instead what we see are some individuals who make up stories of persecution in Muslim countries just to get green card or stay like they do in Canada right now. A lot of Tom dick and Harry are claiming asylum at expense of Islam. They always lie about Islam in their home countries and many of these people are nonmuslims faking stories and lie that their lives are in danger bcuz of Islam..

Examples are numerous. To mention a few, Wafa Sultan, Walid Shoebat etc. They are now irrelevant

You are not intelligent enough to have this debate.
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Empiree: 7:18pm On May 27, 2019
Cheers01:

You are not intelligent enough to have this debate.

grin cheesy grin you stuck. You are now at a crossroad cheesy
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Cheers01: 8:13pm On May 27, 2019
Empiree:

You are the one that doesn't realise that you have disgraced yourself.

Your initial argument is that there is no Muslim government that oppresses non-muslims.

You did not address the fact that atheism has been declared terrorism in Saudi Arabia, punishable by death.

You ignore all the 13 Islamic countries were atheism is punishable by execution.

Yet, you complain about China oppressing Uighur muslims. Hypocrisy.

Apostasy is a crime in many sharia countries. You will never address that.

Anyone can see that you are a dishonest person. Which non Muslim will trust you after noticing how you comment?

Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by true2god: 8:20pm On May 27, 2019
Empiree:
You seem to have become more angry and radical these days. What happened? Did you visit Pakistan lately? We are talking about Muslims crying of Islamophobia and oppression but are (Muslims) the worst oppressors worldwide. In any Muslim community where Muslims are majority, the tendency of the minority to be oppressed is over 95%. Take a look at Pakistan and India. Muslims are thriving, growing, many movies, occupying government positions in India but Hindus in Pakistan are almost wiped out and their is a government sanctioned policy to oppress non-muslims and the Ahmadiyyas. In Pakistan. accusing someone of blasphemy (especially non-muslims) is the easiest way of settling scores. The victim is already guilty until proven Innocent (Like Aisha Bibi and thousands of unknown ones).

Your blind defense of evil is legendary, all in the name of protecting Islam. Please change your thinking.

1 Like

Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Empiree: 8:26pm On May 27, 2019
Cheers01:

You are the one that doesn't realise that you have disgraced yourself.

Your initial argument is that there is no Muslim government that oppresses non-muslims.

You did not address the fact that atheism has been declared terrorism in Saudi Arabia, punishable by death.

You ignore all the 13 Islamic countries were atheism is punishable by execution.

Yet, you complain about China oppressing Uighur muslims. Hypocrisy.

Apostasy is a crime in many sharia countries. You will never address that.

Anyone can see that you are a dishonest person. Which non Muslim will trust you after noticing how you comment?
2014 shocked but atheists are openly parading the streets and making fun of Kaaba after the so called legislation against them. Even at that, this is all you could pointed out compared to what I have highlighted. I even said earlier that I don't want text references because they are not followed. I wanted you to prove reality on ground like I did with non muslim govts. Saudi may have signed the law but does it follow up?. If they do all these atheists and gay running around like chicken would be gone by now. Instead Saudi authority is killing muslim scholars on charges of terror!sm. Matter of fact they are in the process of executing some Muslim scholars after this Ramadan. I have personally not heard of atheists beheaded.

My question stands. Show me Muslim govt where they persecuted non muslims that led to their mass exodus?
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Empiree: 8:27pm On May 27, 2019
true2god:
[s]You seem to have become more angry and radical these days. What happened? Did you visit Pakistan lately? We are talking about Muslims crying of Islamophobia and oppression but are (Muslims) the worst oppressors worldwide. In any Muslim community where Muslims are majority, the tendency of the minority to be oppressed is over 95%. Take a look at Pakistan and India. Muslims are thriving, growing, many movies, occupying government positions in India but Hindus in Pakistan are almost wiped out and their is a government sanctioned policy to oppress non-muslims and the Ahmadiyyas. In Pakistan. accusing someone of blasphemy (especially non-muslims) is the easiest way of settling scores. The victim is already guilty until proven Innocent (Like Aisha Bibi and thousands of unknown ones).

Your blind defense of evil is legendary, all in the name of protecting Islam. Please change your thinking. [/s]
answer my question above if you choose to contribute
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Cheers01: 8:40pm On May 27, 2019
Empiree:
2014 shocked but atheists are openly parading the streets and making fun of Kaaba after the so called legislation against them. Even at that, this is all you could pointed out compared to what I have highlighted. I even said earlier that I don't want text references because they are not followed. I wanted you to prove reality on ground like I did with non muslim govts. Saudi may have signed the law but does it follow up?. If they do all these atheists and gay running around like chicken would be gone by now. Instead Saudi authority is killing muslim scholars on charges of terror!sm. Matter of fact they are in the process of executing some Muslim scholars after this Ramadan. I have personally not heard is atheists beheaded.

My question stands. Show me Muslim govt where they persecuted non muslims that led to their mass exodus?

Atheists and gays run around in Saudi Arabia?

Why are you lying?
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Cheers01: 8:46pm On May 27, 2019
Empiree:
2014 shocked but atheists are openly parading the streets and making fun of Kaaba after the so called legislation against them. Even at that, this is all you could pointed out compared to what I have highlighted. I even said earlier that I don't want text references because they are not followed. I wanted you to prove reality on ground like I did with non muslim govts. Saudi may have signed the law but does it follow up?. If they do all these atheists and gay running around like chicken would be gone by now. Instead Saudi authority is killing muslim scholars on charges of terror!sm. Matter of fact they are in the process of executing some Muslim scholars after this Ramadan. I have personally not heard is atheists beheaded.

It is clear that you have never gone for hajj and you don't know how to research. You know nothing about Saudi Arabia.

I am not wasting any more time with you.
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Empiree: 8:56pm On May 27, 2019
We need more muslim journalists in nigeria bcus the current media houses is largely occupied by christians and they are able to make up stupid stories. Sheikh Habeeb Adam Ilory - Mudir Murkaz exposed them in his recent Ramadan lecture. The reason i posted my statistics up there about non-muslim govts are the one killing muslims is bcus it very common for christians to claim "muslims are killing christians" anytime something happens or whenever BH killed people. This is what they always tell us.

Sheikh Habeeb Morkaz obtained data statistic from US department in Connecticut dated May 18, 2019 exposing BH sponsors and saying that from 2015 to 2018, 37,500 plus people have been killed. Of this amount, 32,000 muslims are killed. The rest are christians and people of other faith. Yet, Nigeria media always publish that muslims are killing christians. Below is the video i just watched today where the Sheikh exposed them. The group funding BH is mentioned by Global Profile Alliance Conference published the article. Please fast forward to 1hr30m to hear him. Quran warned us to be careful of news we received. Christians are not peaceful people. They are part of nigeria problems. BH are not muslims but a christian alliance group. Well trained to sabotage islam/muslims.

Please watch the video and spread it. People killed by BH are 90% muslims.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9eAviymJd4

1 Like

Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Cheers01: 9:05pm On May 27, 2019
Empiree:
We need more muslim journalists in nigeria bcus the current media houses is largely occupied by christians and they are able to make up stupid stories. Sheikh Habeeb Adam Ilory - Mudir Murkaz exposed them in his recent Ramadan lecture. The reason i posted my statistics up there about non-muslim govts are the one killing muslims is bcus it very common for christians to claim "muslims are killing christians" anytime something happens or whenever BH killed people. This is what they always tell us.

Sheikh Habeeb Morkaz obtained data statistic from US department in Connecticut dated May 18, 2019 exposing BH sponsors and saying that from 2015 to 2018, 37,500 plus people have been killed. Of this amount, 32,000 muslims are killed. The rest are christians and people of other faith. Yet, Nigeria media always publish that muslims are killing christians. Below is the video i just watched today where the Sheikh exposed them. The group funding BH is mentioned by Global Profile Alliance Conference published the article. Please fast forward to 1hr30m to hear him. Quran warned us to be careful of news we received. Christians are not peaceful people. They are part of nigeria problems. BH are not muslims but a christian alliance group. Well trained to sabotage islam/muslims.

Please watch the video and spread it. People killed by BH are

This is the daftest argument I have ever heard. So, Boko Haram killing mostly muslims is an argument that shows what exactly? That that type of Islam is not violent?

Boko haram kills both muslims and Christians. Even if they kill muslims more than christians does it change the fact that it is an extremist brand of Islam?

What is your point? That boko haram is not Islamic? That boko haram is not oppressive to non muslims?
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Empiree: 9:18pm On May 27, 2019
Cheers01:

This is the daftest argument I have ever heard. So, Boko Haram killing mostly muslims is an argument that shows what exactly? That that type of Islam is not violent?

Boko haram kills both muslims and Christians. Even if they kill muslims more than christians does it change the fact that it is an extremist brand of Islam?

What is your point? That boko haram is not Islamic? That boko haram is not oppressive to non muslims?

Who is daft now?. You probably dont even understand my post or you chose to be munafiq?
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Empiree: 9:19pm On May 27, 2019
Cheers01:

It is clear that you have never gone for hajj and you don't know how to research. You know nothing about Saudi Arabia.

I am not wasting any more time with you.
I have exposed you guys grin cheesy
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by true2god: 3:48am On May 28, 2019
Empiree:
I have exposed you guys grin cheesy
You are always 'exposing' with daft argument. Why hailing yourself while you have proved nothing?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Cheers01: 4:05am On May 28, 2019
true2god:
You are always 'exposing' with daft argument. Why hailing yourself while you have proved nothing?

Don't mind the clown. I find that too many muslims on this forum do not even understand their religion and how to relate with people outside their religion. Currently, this is a real issue.

Back in the day, we had muslims like tbaba12 and sweetnecta who knew how to talk about religion.
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Empiree: 5:06am On May 28, 2019
true2god:
refute my post or stop talking
Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Cheers01: 2:44pm On May 29, 2019
Empiree:
refute my post or stop talking

Oppression.

Kano stopping non muslims from drinking beer.

Re: While Being Oppressed, We Have Become Oppressors- Maajid Nawaz by Empiree: 3:00pm On May 29, 2019
Cheers01:

Oppression.

Kano stopping non muslims from drinking beer.
You added "non muslims" but the article didn't say that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Islamization Of Osun Schools-- A personal appeal from Aloy@Emeka / Muslim Stop Deceiving Us / "Why I Converted To Islam'- Former Actress Vivian Metchie Opens Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.