Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,351 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread - TV/Movies (1354) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread (2246756 Views)

Tanzania's Idris Wins Big Brother Africa Hotshots [photos] / Big Brother Africa Stargame; Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1351) (1352) (1353) (1354) (1355) (1356) (1357) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by MduZA: 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
denisfidha:

You know, there is something called ambition. FYI having an ambition doesnt make you frustrated, if only, it makes one even more determined. We don't care if you not competing with anyone it doesnt matter. we have made our ambitions clear and we plan to work on them, just so you know. its like telling the brightest kid in the class that next time you're going to perform better in the exam that him. it doesnt matter whether he laughs at you or takes you seriously....when you actually do it, you will be proud of your own achievements, and it will have nothing personal to do with the guy you defeated.

And whether you like it or not, south africa does compete with other african nations. A competition for dominance, a competition for market share a competition for profit, investors...

your last stanza shows that you did not understand my point,you said that you country is coming for SA,My reply was SA is not competing with any African country,in other words we are not competing to catch up with any country....like I said in my first comment,just build your country for the benefit of all Kenyans and stop singing the very song we are hearing daily on this forum,SA this SA that...we have been hearing this song since 1994 when blacks took over the government,welcome to Africa welcome to Africa,apparently things are not going the way some Africans wish they would..
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 18, 2014
MduZA:

your last stanza shows that you did not understand my point,you said that you country is coming for SA,My reply was SA is not competing with any African country,in other words we are not competing to catch up with any country....like I said in my first comment,just build your country for the benefit of all Kenyans and stop singing the very song we are hearing daily on this forum,SA this SA that...we have been hearing this song since 1994 when blacks took over the government,welcome to Africa welcome to Africa,apparently things are not going the way some Africans wish they would..

You are now going after Kenya! Bwahaha... you are losing your friends due to your country's bad reputation for bragging. Smh... Don't worry we would soon invade your country with our military might, colonize the Zulus and Xhosas as we are already doing, develop Townships and get rid of all the primitive people like you so that the continent can move forward in this modern time.

3 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by MduZA: 1:38pm On Dec 18, 2014
all4naija:
You are now going after Kenya! Bwahaha... you are losing your friends due to your country's bad reputation for bragging. Smh... Don't worry we would soon invade your country with our military might, colonize the Zulus and Xhosas as we are already doing, develop Townships and get rid of all the primitive people like you so that the continent can move forward in this modern time.

laughable as usual...you are jumping into a moving GAUTRAIN without knowing where it comes from and heading to..
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 18, 2014
MduZA:

laughable as usual...you are jumping into a moving GAUTRAIN without knowing where it comes from and heading to..
Bwahaha... 'Gautrain' my effing bottom, Zulu master always showing off petty things about his country. R a p i n g young girls in your society is there for you to take care of first before pointing to Gautrain that hasn't meet up to pay for the investors capital according to the MoU. Huh!

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by MduZA: 2:00pm On Dec 18, 2014
all4naija:
Bwahaha... 'Gautrain' my effing bottom, Zulu master always showing off petty things about his country. R a p i n g young girls in your society is there for you to take care of first before pointing to Gautrain that hasn't meet up to pay for the investors capital according to the MoU. Huh!

my 10 year old cousin is not with me here,as soon as he comes back I will handover this device so that you can have a juvenile to juvenile interaction with him
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2014
MduZA:

my 10 year old cousin is not with me here,as soon as he comes back I will handover this device so that you can have a juvenile to juvenile interaction with him
That is an excuse of a loser! angry lipsrsealed cry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Hogsmead: 2:13pm On Dec 18, 2014
denisfidha:

Yeah, I remember a South African commenting the same thing (his exact comment was 'keep dreaming') when our then principle secretary for the ministry of IT(Kenya) made the declaration that we intended to have a higher internet speed than that of South Africa and probably the whole of Africa back in 2010. The dream did come true 3 years later. In the same declaration, the principl secretary also said Kenya has an intention of bieng the most technologically advanced nation in africa,,,,,, we are not there yet, but having a vision is already being halfway there.(i think thats a stolen quote from some famous guy)

You see apart from diamond and gold and all those minerals you extract, what is of most advantage in South Africa is you industry and manufacturing sectors, you have almost 40,000 megawatts of electricity to make it all possible, on the other hand, Kenyas production capacity is so far behind its not even mentionable, but for the sake of argument its just about 2,300MW with 140MW added just 2 months ago, but thats will soon change.... With the same vision and determination that kenya wants to be mordernised and industrialised, by 2018, KenGen plans to have added 5,000 MW from geothermal,Wind,Solar and coal wich was resently discovered, by 2030, the production will be around 30,000.. as the demand will need by that time....
Some of these progress is what has made some technology and manufacturing companies set up there headquarters here in Kenya instead of more developed countries (infrastrucure-wise) in Africa like SA, infact General Electric which has so many big plants and employ many southAfrica skilled labour moved its African headquarters from SA to Kenya, and when the manager was asked why they havent set up a bigger manufacturing plant here in Kenya , he said the only reason is because Kenya doensnt have cheap electricity that is available in plenty, and as soon as that will happen, they will surely do that.

So, I say again, We are coming for you SA! Slowly but surely! And if you think our ambitions are a dream, then we will surely make them come true, and if don't believe it, sit back and watch events unfold
You do realise that GE was never going to succeed in South Africa,because 95% of electricity production in South Africa is in government's hands.It was easier for them to move on to the next unsuspecting country and dominate their power sector instead.
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hogsmead:

You do realise that GE was never going to succeed in South Africa,because 95% of electricity production in South Africa is in government's hands.It was easier for them to move on to the next unsuspecting country and dominate their power sector instead.
You aren't looking at if from a civilized perspective. The reason why you think GE is not going to succeed in SA is the bragging nature in a typical South African who thinks he knows best when he knows nothing. If you look closely at your power company, ESKOM, it's probably using GE equipment and the maker knows about them better. Take it from me, if GE comes into South Africa power generating sector it can easily outshine the overrated ESKOM that failed to meet up to power supply one time there was blackout in that country. What a shame to that country and power sector though.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by 14(m): 2:40pm On Dec 18, 2014
denisfidha:

Yeah, I remember a South African commenting the same thing (his exact comment was 'keep dreaming') when our then principle secretary for the ministry of IT(Kenya) made the declaration that we intended to have a higher internet speed than that of South Africa and probably the whole of Africa back in 2010. The dream did come true 3 years later. In the same declaration, the principl secretary also said Kenya has an intention of bieng the most technologically advanced nation in africa,,,,,, we are not there yet, but having a vision is already being halfway there.(i think thats a stolen quote from some famous guy)

You see apart from diamond and gold and all those minerals you extract, what is of most advantage in South Africa is you industry and manufacturing sectors, you have almost 40,000 megawatts of electricity to make it all possible, on the other hand, Kenyas production capacity is so far behind its not even mentionable, but for the sake of argument its just about 2,300MW with 140MW added just 2 months ago, but thats will soon change.... With the same vision and determination that kenya wants to be mordernised and industrialised, by 2018, KenGen plans to have added 5,000 MW from geothermal,Wind,Solar and coal wich was resently discovered, by 2030, the production will be around 30,000.. as the demand will need by that time....
Some of these progress is what has made some technology and manufacturing companies set up there headquarters here in Kenya instead of more developed countries (infrastrucure-wise) in Africa like SA, infact General Electric which has so many big plants and employ many southAfrica skilled labour moved its African headquarters from SA to Kenya, and when the manager was asked why they havent set up a bigger manufacturing plant here in Kenya , he said the only reason is because Kenya doensnt have cheap electricity that is available in plenty, and as soon as that will happen, they will surely do that.

So, I say again, We are coming for you SA! Slowly but surely! And if you think our ambitions are a dream, then we will surely make them come true, and if don't believe it, sit back and watch events unfold

GOOD LUCK
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by 14(m): 3:27pm On Dec 18, 2014
MduZA:

Damh, low blow.

2 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by 14(m): 3:34pm On Dec 18, 2014
all4naija:

You aren't looking at if from a civilized perspective. The reason why you think GE is not going to succeed in SA is the bragging nature in a typical South African who thinks he knows best when he knows nothing. If you look closely at your power company, ESKOM, it's probably using GE equipment and the maker knows about them better. Take it from me, if GE comes into South Africa power generating sector it can easily outshine the overrated ESKOM that failed to meet up to power supply one time there was blackout in that country. What a shame to that country and power sector though.

And eskom you are talking about supplies more than 50% of Africa's power
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hogsmead:

Err, GE has succeeded in SA many times

in 2011
South Africa’s leading power provider, Eskom, will use GE’s (NYSE: GE) innovative water and wastewater technology for the Kusile Power Plant, which, once fully operational, is expected to be one of the world’s largest coal-fired power plants. South Africa, at times known for often facing drought conditions, has limited freshwater supply, and GE’s technology will provide maximum water reuse for the plant...
http://www.pennenergy.com/articles/pennenergy/2011/04/ge-to-boost-performance.html

General Electric (GE) South Africa has been awarded a R500-million contract for the engineering, design, manufacture and installation of low-voltage switchgear at Eskom’s Medupi power station......

in oct 2014
The South African government today announced that it has awarded GE (NYSE:GE) with the first-ever Siyabonga Business Award. Siyabonga is the isiZulu word for ‘thank you.’ The inaugural award was created to recognise US businesses and individuals who are making an exceptional contribution to the country’s economy.

Since first establishing a presence in South Africa more than 100 years ago (do you know how underdeveloped the rest of Africa was 100 years ago?), GE has been committed to driving local innovation, investing in South African talent through training and skills development programmes, supporting and scaling small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and uplifting communities through corporate social investments. Through its transport, healthcare and energy infrastructure projects, the company has helped to create a more sustainable future for all South Africans.
http://www.polity.org.za/article/sa-south-african-government-awards-ge-the-inaugural-siyabonga-business-award-for-economic-impact-2014-10-13
August2014, Transnet SOC Ltd., South Africa’s state-owned ports and rail operator, wants companies including General Electric Co. (GE) to set up permanent train-assembly plants in the nation to create jobs and a new industry.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-08-13/transnet-wants-ge-to-build-permanent-south-african-train-plant.html

And for your info 85% of kenya electricity is produced by state owned KenGen and 100% distributed by state owned Kenya Power..
am goin to stop comenting now... this will just go on an on..
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Hogsmead: 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2014
14:

60% actually.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by 14(m): 3:53pm On Dec 18, 2014
all4naija:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eskom

just go through that info about ESKOM,
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by IEDA: 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2014
14:

Damh, low blow.
. Mofo

2 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by 14(m): 6:01pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hogsmead:
60% actually.

Eskom should be given a credit, how many power suppliers in Africa can boast about those numbers.
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Nobody: 11:21pm On Dec 18, 2014
14:

Joker as usual! Please, provide the source to your 50% claim. Bwahaha... angry angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 18, 2014
14:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eskom

just go through that info about ESKOM,
There is nothing special there.

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Nobody: 11:25pm On Dec 18, 2014
Hogsmead:
60% actually.
Provide your source, please. I want to know the criteria they used in coming to that conclusion. That is a big joke!

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 18, 2014
257.9 billion kWh (2012 est.) --- South Africa.
----------------------------------------------

138.07 billion kWh (2011 est.) --- Egypt.
46.25 billion kWh (2011 est.) --- Algeria.
24.87 billion kWh (2010 est.) --- Nigeria.
21.13 billion kWh (2010 est.) --- Morocco
29.72 billion kWh (2010 est.) --- Libya.
=========================================
260.04 billion KWh (2010 -2011 est) --- Five African nations power generation is more than what South Africa produces.
That is five out of 54 African nations. How you guys arrive at 50 - 60 % is still a challenge to me. You are all braggarts.

Source

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Librate(m): 12:17am On Dec 19, 2014
Who watched hip TV interview with tayo

I hope dos haters watched cus am sure heart attack is ineminent as u hear directly from him

1 Like

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by klodike(m): 2:39am On Dec 19, 2014
Some Nigerians sha, i wonder what is wrong with you guys. Please let these south African guys be. The fact that they are on nairaland says a lot already. Stop wasting your time with them.

3 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Hogsmead: 3:18am On Dec 19, 2014
all4naija:
257.9 billion kWh (2012 est.) --- South Africa.
----------------------------------------------

138.07 billion kWh (2011 est.) --- Egypt.
46.25 billion kWh (2011 est.) --- Algeria.
24.87 billion kWh (2010 est.) --- Nigeria.
21.13 billion kWh (2010 est.) --- Morocco
29.72 billion kWh (2010 est.) --- Libya.
=========================================
260.04 billion KWh (2010 -2011 est) --- Five African nations power generation is more than what South Africa produces.
That is five out of 54 African nations. How you guys arrive at 50 - 60 % is still a challenge to me. You are all braggarts.

Source
Check US Energy Informatiin Administration website,instead.
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Hogsmead: 3:20am On Dec 19, 2014
klodike:
Some Nigerians sha, i wonder what is wrong with you guys. Please let these south African guys be. The fact that they are on nairaland says a lot already. Stop wasting your time with them.
How did all South Africans end up on Nairaland??We were minding our own business until we came across all the trash you people write about South Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Nobody: 3:24am On Dec 19, 2014
Hogsmead:

Check US Energy Informatiin Administration website,instead.
Please, post it here rather than telling me to check the website.
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Babybearhug(m): 8:16am On Dec 19, 2014
All the Way from Jamesonwhiskey Dublin Distillery Reserve.This bottle has been specially labelled for Tayo.

14 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Chiazalam1: 10:07am On Dec 19, 2014
Can't this guys just give us space to celebrate our own We chose to celebrate the head cornerstone that was rejected. We chose to celebrate one of our own that the heavens have decided to shower with blessings. We chose to celebrate the lion, Ajani, AKT the son of the soil. Either join us or ...to your tents. Stop flooding this thread with your GDP and electrical victory stories. We don't KIA cheesy

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by klodike(m): 10:11am On Dec 19, 2014
THREAD CLOSED
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Belovedd: 2:31pm On Dec 19, 2014
closed?
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 19, 2014
Babybearhug:
All the Way from Jamesonwhiskey Dublin Distillery Reserve.This bottle has been specially labelled for Tayo.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1956539_jameson_jpeg2f6a84ef36532c8ec59ddbc7cc4ea3e1
Hehehe... That is what I called swag! Those South Africans aren't got no swag! Go Tayo!

Go Nigeria, the true GIANT of Africa.

5 Likes

Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by 14(m): 2:37am On Dec 21, 2014
all4naija:

Hehehe... That is what I called swag! Those South Africans aren't got no swag! Go Tayo!

Go Nigeria, the true GIANT of Africa.

https://www.nairaland.com/2052995/niger-benin-mali-cameroun-more

Are you sure?
Re: Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread by Thekeeper(m): 2:12pm On Dec 21, 2014
Idris BBA Hotshots Tanzania Rep
SAMANTHA ON FACEBOOK
I'm cute and his rich You can tell by that smile his
too pleased with himself
# can 't deal # cuteness # smile # love
# beauteverywhere#Tanzaniathings#peace
# happiness # goldfirst #

..These guys mean business. good to know they are together

(1) (2) (3) ... (1351) (1352) (1353) (1354) (1355) (1356) (1357) (Reply)

Big Brother Naija 2017: Live Thread / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Movie Are You Watching Now?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.