Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos - Agriculture (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos (145159 Views)

The 4 In 1 Yam A Nairalander Harvested From Her Backyard (Photos) / Step By Step Guide For Growing Tomato--pictures / My Backyard Cucumber With Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by anienge001: 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
The cause may not be far away from the applied fertilizer.

I am so sorry to hear your loss. I pray you don't lost the entire farm.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by mogentle(m): 7:20am On Sep 28, 2014
@OP, dont be discouraged, learn from your mistakes, rise above it and be the master, Kudos.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 28, 2014
cry
I forgot to bring in the seed I was sun drying yesterday now rat has finished it all.
cry

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by LONGFELLOW02(m): 9:16am On Sep 28, 2014
chidyhels: cry
I forgot to bring in the seed I was sun drying yesterday now rat has finished it all.
cry

grin sorry, so Rat like eating the seed.

@Mangam wat is the cause of this drying off?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by touchmeder: 12:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
MANGAM: Day 27: Today is a very sad day for me. Words can't describe how I feel right now. My melon are dying, fading away right b4 my eyes and all I could was watch helplessly

Jesus Christ! This is a blow for me cos ive been following this thread. It was doing great on day 26, so what could be the cause. Someone said its the fertilizer but i dont recall anyone voicing their concern (about the applicaton of fertilizer) at the start of this thread or perhaps i missed it.

So sorry op. I hope you can salvage some, please keep us informed whatever the case may be and dont be discouraged.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 5:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
Fertilizer was never applied anienge001
anienge001: The cause may not be far away from the applied fertilizer.

I am so sorry to hear your loss. I pray you don't lost the entire farm.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 5:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
Thank u mogentle
mogentle: @OP, dont be discouraged, learn from your mistakes, rise above it and be the master, Kudos.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 5:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
I was told the soil type is affecting them. However, I ve decided to replant in the affect area.
LONGFELLOW02:

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 5:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
Sorry for losing ur seeds to rats
LONGFELLOW02:

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 5:14pm On Sep 28, 2014
Appreciate ur concern touchmeder, some will be salvage and replanting is ongoing
touchmeder:

Jesus Christ! This is a blow for me cos ive been following this thread. It was doing great on day 26, so what could be the cause. Someone said its the fertilizer but i dont recall anyone voicing their concern (about the applicaton of fertilizer) at the start of this thread or perhaps i missed it.

So sorry op. I hope you can salvage some, please keep us informed whatever the case may be and dont be discouraged.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 8:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
Day 28
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Zone: 9:18pm On Sep 28, 2014
Mangam

I was shocked to see this unfortunate turnout, but then your courage and doggedness is a great lesson for us. Thank you for not giving up.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by anienge001: 1:43am On Sep 29, 2014
MANGAM: Fertilizer was never applied anienge001

Sorry about that. I thought those whitish things were fertilizers.

I always admire your resiliency, so I pray you make it through successfully.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 6:36pm On Sep 29, 2014
Day 29

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by aminu150(m): 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2014
Happy to see them back alive @mangam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by Nzecorneboy: 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
U ar doing a nice job Op. Sorry 4 d damage! Hope u wl make up d loss

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 7:25pm On Sep 29, 2014
Aminu150, thank u
aminu150: Happy to see them back alive @mangam
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 7:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
I promise I wlill keep the thread alive Nzecorneboy
Nzecorneboy: U ar doing a nice job Op. Sorry 4 d damage! Hope u wl make up d loss

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by roxell120(m): 10:19pm On Sep 29, 2014
MANGAM: Sorry for losing ur seeds to rats
cant help but grin
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by lif2uz(m): 10:47pm On Sep 29, 2014
Sorry for the loss bro, take it as a challenge and with your courage succuss is sure.
Please is it adviceable to use herbicide for the control of weed on the watermelon farm?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 11:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
Thank u for the encouragement. U apply ur herbicide immediately planting ur seeds b4 ur melon starts germinating
lif2uz: Sorry for the loss bro, take it as a challenge and with your courage succuss is sure.
Please is it adviceable to use herbicide for the control of weed on the watermelon farm?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by sholay2011(m): 6:58am On Sep 30, 2014
@mangam...Congrats on those that survived. ..I mean the melon plants...not human beings grin
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by judemorfy(m): 11:11am On Sep 30, 2014
@magnam not only yu,got 2 my farm yesterday n saw half of my watermelon dying so so painfu i'll be going 2 replant lata 2day
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by judemorfy(m): 11:20am On Sep 30, 2014
MANGAM: Day 27: Today is a very sad day for me. Words can't describe how I feel right now. My melon are dying, fading away right b4 my eyes and all I could was watch helplessly
yur water melon died bcus wen yu were weeding yu uprooted sum weed vry close 2 the watermelon thereby disturbing its root,same fin hapen 2 mine......half of my farm whipped out,i'll be replanting today or 2morow-still recovering frm my own shock n pains

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by sholay2011(m): 11:41am On Sep 30, 2014
judemorfy: @magnam not only yu,got 2 my farm yesterday n saw half of my watermelon dying so so painfu i'll be going 2 replant lata 2day
Sorry ehn.
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by lif2uz(m): 4:51pm On Sep 30, 2014
judemorfy]yur water melon died bcus wen yu were weeding yu uprooted sum weed vry close 2 the watermelon thereby disturbing its root,same fin hapen 2 mine......half of my farm whipped out,i'll be replanting today or 2morow-still recovering frm my own shock n pains
Bros very sorry for the damages, will it not be too late to replant by this time?
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by judemorfy(m): 4:54pm On Sep 30, 2014
lif2uz: judemorfy]yur water melon died bcus wen yu were weeding yu uprooted sum weed vry close 2 the watermelon thereby disturbing its root,same fin hapen 2 mine......half of my farm whipped out,i'll be replanting today or 2morow-still recovering frm my own shock n pains
Bros very sorry for the damages, will it not be too late to replant by this time?
jst hav dis week
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 5:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
grin
sholay2011: @mangam...Congrats on those that survived. ..I mean the melon plants...not human beings grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 5:31pm On Sep 30, 2014
Sorry for ur lost
judemorfy: yur water melon died bcus wen yu were weeding yu uprooted sum weed vry close 2 the watermelon thereby disturbing its root,same fin hapen 2 mine......half of my farm whipped out,i'll be replanting today or 2morow-still recovering frm my own shock n pains
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 5:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
Day 30
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by lif2uz(m): 8:22pm On Sep 30, 2014
judemorfy]jst hav dis week

I got to my farm today and found out that Squarel had removed and eaten up the majority of my watermelon seeds before they could germinate, Its painful!
Re: A Thread For Growing Watermelon In your backyard With Photos by MANGAM(m): 8:32pm On Sep 30, 2014
Lif2uz, where is ur farm located? Try to erect a scarecrow or relocate ur farm to squarel free area.
lif2uz: judemorfy]jst hav dis week

I got to my farm today and found out that Squarel had removed and eaten up the majority of my watermelon seeds before they could germinate, Its painful!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply)

My Successful Cucumber Sack Farm In Kaduna / Cost Analysis For 1,000 to 3000 Poultry (layers) Capacity & Feed Mill In Nigeria / Acres Of farmland For Sale At N60,000 Per Acre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.