Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Help 2001 Camry 2.2 Hand Break Light On - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help 2001 Camry 2.2 Hand Break Light On (2862 Views)

Camry 2.2 Lovers Lounge! Come In / Help- Vsa/caution Light On 08 Honda Pilot / Between 2003 Corolla And 2001 Camry, Which Is A Better Option (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help 2001 Camry 2.2 Hand Break Light On by jayuuk: 10:49pm On Aug 30, 2014
Pls Gurus in the house help me,my 2001 camry have beebeen showing this red hand brake light,it doesnt go off even when u pull down da hand brake
I changed da pads today,serviced n bleeded da mbrakes system,the light is still on pls people wat do i do.
Re: Help 2001 Camry 2.2 Hand Break Light On by thaqib(m): 10:57pm On Aug 30, 2014
Simply apply more brake oil in d brake oil container...
Re: Help 2001 Camry 2.2 Hand Break Light On by mayor2013: 12:15am On Aug 31, 2014
Check your break fluid if its at the expected level its meant to be
Re: Help 2001 Camry 2.2 Hand Break Light On by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:51am On Aug 31, 2014
jayuuk: Pls Gurus in the house help me,my 2001 camry have beebeen showing this red hand brake light,it doesnt go off even when u pull down da hand brake
I changed da pads today,serviced n bleeded da mbrakes system,the light is still on pls people wat do i do.

if the handbrake sign stays on even after pulling it down then you need to check your wire especially on the handbrake its self, it has nothing to do with changing pads or bleeding the system

then the low brake fluid sign/malfunction of the brake system then the system has to be investigated

which light is on between the pictures below

1st pic is the handbrake sign

2nd pic is the brake system sign

1. Car horn
2. Oil pressure warning
3. Brake/handbrake warning
4. ABS warning
5. Battery warning
6. Engine warning
7. Hazard warning
8. Engine overheat/coolant warning
9. Airbag warning
10. Seat belt warning
11. Main beam
12. Low fuel warning
13. Front fog light
14. Windscreen washer
15. Windscreen defrost
16. Rear window defrost
17. Parking brake light
18. Tyre pressure warning
19. Power steering warning
20. Start-stop indicator
21. Press clutch pedal light
22. Press brake pedal light
23. Direction indicators
24. Rear fog light
25. Diesel particulate filter warning
26. Water in fuel filter warning
27. Automatic gear box warning
28. Brake pad warning
29. Cruise control warning/info
30. Bulb monitoring/fault warning
31. Glow plug/diesel pre-heat warnin
32. Service required or fault/problem
33. Stability control (also known as ESC, ESP, ASR or DTC) warning

Re: Help 2001 Camry 2.2 Hand Break Light On by jayuuk: 6:21am On Aug 31, 2014
Thnks a million, Zimdrill,its the number 3,brake n handbrake parking,i hv added more brake fluid into the cup still light is still on.
Please what else will i do sir.
Re: Help 2001 Camry 2.2 Hand Break Light On by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:48pm On Aug 31, 2014
jayuuk: Thnks a million, Zimdrill,its the number 3,brake n handbrake parking,i hv added more brake fluid into the cup still light is still on.
Please what else will i do sir.

it means there is a faulty in the brake system

do a futher investigation even checking the sensor tp the resevoir brake fluid tank
Re: Help 2001 Camry 2.2 Hand Break Light On by jayuuk: 6:33pm On Sep 03, 2014
Please sienna and ikenna, kindly assist, i have changed the sensor in the brake fluid cup, i did change brake pads earlier on,the hand brake switch
was confirmed to be ok.
If u start the ignition without matching the brake,the handbrake light will go off and on when the handbrake is applied and released.
Immediately you apply the brake, the handbrake light will remain perpetually on.
Please Great minds in the house kindly assist a brother in trouble, i need a candid advise before the rewires will damage the car`s electrical
system.
Re: Help 2001 Camry 2.2 Hand Break Light On by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:20am On Sep 04, 2014
jayuuk: Please sienna and ikenna, kindly assist, i have changed the sensor in the brake fluid cup, i did change brake pads earlier on,the hand brake switch
was confirmed to be ok.
If u start the ignition without matching the brake,the handbrake light will go off and on when the handbrake is applied and released.
Immediately you apply the brake, the handbrake light will remain perpetually on.
Please Great minds in the house kindly assist a brother in trouble, i need a candid advise before the rewires will damage the car`s electrical
system.

i told you what to do in my 1st post if the hand brake light stays on even after releasing you check the hand brake switch by the handrake its self

check connection to switch in pic 1 thats switch is the one which lights and switch of the handrake light

(1) (Reply)

Blinking Check Engine Light In 1999 V6 Toyota Camry / Cost Of Pencil Light-toyota Camry Car Engine.full And Half / I Am A Clearing And Forwarding Agent And A Car Dealer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.