Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo (10354 Views)

Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University / Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC / $3m Bribery Scandal: Ex-speaker Patricia Etteh Blows Hot! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by PepERSprAY: 9:07pm On Oct 31, 2008
jas_o:

@PEPERSPRAY
A coward reason like this. if one is blind does that also affect his or her ears? we all watch media listen to Radio, even news paper is part of the source of this trash. In conjuction with yesterday drama you will conclude that this country has no where to go in term of development! so what are you insinuating?
We are not going anywhere because the Northerners especially Hausa, have succeeded in ripping Nigeria off it's moral fiber. The most dangerous politics they are playing now is making Southerners look bad when they are the real bad guys.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by PollMaster: 9:43pm On Oct 31, 2008
lol pepperspray
ws actually asking y nigerians were shouting that he ws guilty.ws using ur post to butress the point
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Nasogold(m): 11:29pm On Oct 31, 2008
Perhaps all the days he's been absent from the house has been days HE WAS STRATEGICALLY STORING THE MONEY in Yankee!
I THINK THE YOUNG BACHELOR SHOULD LEAVE that seat before the hammer lands on him.
OLE !!
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Andy1985ng(m): 10:39am On Nov 01, 2008
I watched last night on MBI news, a Honorable member of the House of Rep, (Can't recall the name but sounded Northern) saying that we should be more bothered about the welfare of our country than about a "mere" 380 Peugeot cars.
We are in trouble in this country, do they just want to sweep this under the carpet?
Festus Keyamo is a great guy, I just hope there will be no personal attack on him cos it seems he is the only one waging the war on Bankole. From the figures, he is 5 times as bad as Etteh. Sorry, Innocent until proven Guilty.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by ajiriavae(f): 10:43am On Nov 01, 2008
keyamo should shut the f*ck up. he is really begining to piss me off. the guy is one of the most manipulative and corrupt people i have come in contact with. blackmailing people for his personal gain. if he has evidence he should bring it out. how shameless can a human being be. the time is fast approaching when all his corruption will come out and everybody will know the real keyamo. i always avoid involving myself in political talk because i believe everybody has a right to yarn their rubbish but this is too much especially since i know the kind of person he is. somebody needs to expose him. let me assure y'all that all this is because he is out to make money and the people involved are ignoring him so this is his way of threatening them. and yes that is my real name. i know the guy is capable of comming after me but let me say this, if you try me, you are trying God.
the retard needs to stop trying to side track serious minded people and look for an honest means of making money instead of blackmail.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by PepERSprAY: 7:01pm On Nov 01, 2008
ajiri avae:

keyamo should shut the f*ck up. he is really begining to piss me off. the guy is one of the most manipulative and corrupt people i have come in contact with. blackmailing people for his personal gain. if he has evidence he should bring it out. how shameless can a human being be. the time is fast approaching when all his corruption will come out and everybody will know the real keyamo. i always avoid involving myself in political talk because i believe everybody has a right to yarn their rubbish but this is too much especially since i know the kind of person he is. somebody needs to expose him. let me assure y'all that all this is because he is out to make money and the people involved are ignoring him so this is his way of threatening them. and yes that is my real name. i know the guy is capable of comming after me but let me say this, if you try me, you are trying God.
the retard needs to stop trying to side track serious minded people and look for an honest means of making money instead of blackmail.

I think Festus Keyamo is just broke.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by debosky(m): 7:06pm On Nov 01, 2008
Stop defending Bankole's corruption on the basis of 'being made to look bad by the North' - why will they not reveal the actual terms of the contract?

In one deal alone, 500m naira was siphoned off and you want Keyamo to keep quiet?

He stinks, always making claims of how corrupt other arms of government are, but the first test comes for him and he bungles it, refusing to face up to the allegations.

This idiotic defence of tribe even in the face of egregious corruption is what is killing Nigeria. You'll defend a patent thief simply because he is from your tribe. I guess living abroad does not remove those primitive instincts from people like Funmi.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by PepERSprAY: 7:12pm On Nov 01, 2008
debosky:

Stop defending Bankole's corruption on the basis of 'being made to look bad by the North' - why will they not reveal the actual terms of the contract?

In one deal alone, 500m naira was siphoned off and you want Keyamo to keep quiet?

He stinks, always making claims of how corrupt other arms of government are, but the first test comes for him and he bungles it, refusing to face up to the allegations.

This idiotic defence of tribe even in the face of egregious corruption is what is killing Nigeria. You'll defend a patent thief simply because he is from your tribe. I guess living abroad does not remove those primitive instincts from people like Funmi.

Defending? Somebody has an attitude undecided. Who is defending Bankole?. I am just not comfortable with a charge and bail lawyer making empty noise without any proof. Common, I can spoof Nairaland members claiming that you are hitting on me so bad without proof. Won't you see those that believe my allegation without proof as schmucks?. You and I know that Bankole's accusation is a tribal issue and we will give them what they are looking for.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Kobojunkie: 5:02am On Nov 02, 2008
Amazing how after all we have been through in that country, some people still resist change. How can screaming out in the market place that you smell a foul be the wrong thning to do in Nigeria, after all the many cover ups that has cost us trillions of naira and reduced that country to what it is today? We should welcome any change to have information revealed. We do not have freedom of information bill signed to law in that country. One would think that the people would welcome any chance they get to learn truth, no matter how inconveniencing it may be to the very politicians who, till date, refuse to give us access to our right as a people, information. GOSH!!!
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by ajiriavae(f): 11:10am On Nov 02, 2008
kobojunkie, with all due respect, when a man with a reputation of being a thief stands in the market sqaure to shout "the palace is on fire" wise people will stop and ask "what are his motives". the most likely motive is to get everybody running to the palace so that he can steal. keyamo is a very intelligent man. he is went to ekpoma which means he is also street wise. anybody with half functioning brain cell knows that the best way to get nigerians emotional is to shout corruption. think about it, since mandela's release from prison, every musician in search of a hit song sings about "our corrupt leaders". don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that by far the majority of them are not motivated by self interest. yes they are but then who can with a clear conscience say that the leadership is not a mirror of the general corrupt society. but that is a topic for another day.
my problem with this issue is that, for the first time i can actually see the national assembly as an arm of government seperate from the executive and when i ponder on it i realise that this real seperation of powers started when this young man became speaker. i'm now seeing the house of reps exercise powers i never knew they had. i know we were taught the theories in school but i'm beginning to see them exercised them in real life. i see a young man ready to ask questions that no one in his position was ready to ask before. in the midst of these i notice most people are more concerned about his marital status and his age.
so when a keyamo, who past experience has taught me is just a self serving, corrupt man, comes out with allegations that he has not shown evidence of, then i think i will be stupid not to recognise the fact that he is either trying to make money or is working for people intent on discrediting the speaker.
and before you convince yourself that keyamo is not capable of these things, let me ask you, why not? because he claims to work for the common man? is it everyone that claims to be born again and speaks in tongues that is a real child of God. my dear, like i said, i have had the opportunity of having access to information about the real man so i know not to take his cries of wolf seriously. i'm sure if you dig around yourself you will discover something about the human being that he is.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by ajiriavae(f): 11:14am On Nov 02, 2008
kobojunkie, with all due respect, when a man with a reputation of being a thief stands in the market sqaure to shout "the palace is on fire" wise people will stop and ask "what are his motives". the most likely motive is to get everybody running to the palace so that he can steal. keyamo is a very intelligent man. he is went to ekpoma which means he is also street wise. anybody with half functioning brain cell knows that the best way to get nigerians emotional is to shout corruption. think about it, since mandela's release from prison, every musician in search of a hit song sings about "our corrupt leaders". don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that by far the majority of them are not motivated by self interest. yes they are but then who can with a clear conscience say that the leadership is not a mirror of the general corrupt society. but that is a topic for another day.
my problem with this issue is that, for the first time i can actually see the national assembly as an arm of government seperate from the executive and when i ponder on it i realise that this real seperation of powers started when this young man became speaker. i'm now seeing the house of reps exercise powers i never knew they had. i know we were taught the theories in school but i'm beginning to see them exercised them in real life. i see a young man ready to ask questions that no one in his position was ready to ask before. in the midst of these i notice most people are more concerned about his marital status and his age.
so when a keyamo, who past experience has taught me is just a self serving, corrupt man, comes out with allegations that he has not shown evidence of, then i think i will be stupid not to recognise the fact that he is either trying to make money or is working for people intent on discrediting the speaker.
and before you convince yourself that keyamo is not capable of these things, let me ask you, why not? because he claims to work for the common man? is it everyone that claims to be born again and speaks in tongues that is a real child of God. my dear, like i said, i have had the opportunity of having access to information about the real man so i know not to take his cries of wolf seriously. i'm sure if you dig around yourself you will discover something about the human being that he is.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Nobody: 12:03pm On Nov 02, 2008
ajiri avae:

This is what one gets in the remaining nigeria; lost souls, very confused set of people.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by lucabrasi(m): 2:38pm On Nov 02, 2008
looking ay keyamo's antecedents ill have to agree that the man is not squeaky clean morally,there have been several allegations of corruption/bribery against him though unproven,also there are reports that the present efcc will be employing him as a consultant and he is way too comfortable with many politicians considering he is a self styled anti corruption crusader, the allegations of colleting ten million and a jeep from the police equipment fund is still hanging over his head, unlike ppl like gani fawehinmi,femi falana,colonel umar,balarabe musa e.t.c who dnt hob not with politicians and whose wealth can be easily traced to their legitimate works, having said that festus keyamo exposing dimeji bankole can only be a good thing as nigerians especially the younger generation expected so much of him,coupled with the fact that no expences was spared in educating and preparing him for this kind of responsibility yet,he is coming out worse than even a common hairdresser, shame
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by JJYOU: 2:53pm On Nov 02, 2008
[b][b]Fresh storm gathers for Bankole[/b][/b]
• Over N.4bn bullet-proof cars; TV sets, PCs
• It’s not true - Speaker
By JAMES OJO, Abuja
Sunday, November 2, 2008

•Dimeji Bankole
Photo: Sun News Publishing

* More Stories on This Section

The storm is certainly gathering for Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole and his fellow federal lawmakers in leadership positions.

Even as the controversy generated by the purchase of 380 Peugeot 407 cars allegedly at prohibitive cost is yet to abate, another scandal of larger proportions is brewing. Again, the bulk of the problem might stem from what seems an obsession for state-of-the-art automobiles.

Classified documents available to Sunday Sun suggest that the Speaker authorized the expenditure of a whopping N333.5million on bullet-proof vehicles for himself, his deputy and the House leader.

Specifically, at the meeting of the Body of Principal Officers of the House held on May 28, approval was reportedly conveyed for the purchase of three Mercedes Benz (Treated) S-600 cars for N158.4million for the Speaker and his deputy. Each of the bullet-proof cars costs N52.8million.

Other purchases reportedly approved included two Range Rover (Treated) SUVs at N57.2million each - totaling N114.4million - for the Speaker and his deputy; one Range Rover (Special) at the cost of N30million for the Speaker, as well as one Range Rover V8 for the House Leader purchased at the cost of N27million.

Although the contract was reportedly awarded through the National Assembly Management on June 30, sources said at the weekend that it was doubtful if the winner - M/S Wadatau Global Co of Kano – got it through competitive bidding.

Yet, N83.875million part-payment representing 25 per cent of the contract sum was allegedly paid with Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) cheques 00001922, 00001923 and 00001924 of September 12, 2008.
At the same meeting of the House Principal Officers, the lawmakers reportedly approved the purchase of one Toyota Lexus GX for the Chief Whip at the cost of N13.75million.

At the weekend, it could not be established if the contract beneficiary - M/S Kymco Motor Nigeria Limited – was properly listed in the records of the Corporate Affairs Commission. Yet it got paid N13.75million through CBN Cheque number 00001925 (including 5% Tax & 5% VAT).
"Needless to say," our source insisted, "that there was no competitive bidding process."

Besides luxury cars, the legislators, also at the meeting of May 28, reportedly approved the purchase of 400 units of Samsung LNS341 LCD television sets at N525,000 each regardless that the actual unit price, according to our source, is about N200,000. They also voted funds for 800 units of HP Compaq 5700 Desktop Computers with HP 2015 Laser Jet Printer and UPS at N330,000 per set. The average market price, it was also learnt, is N180,000 per set.

Another scandalous purchase that the lawmakers reportedly approved were 400 units of Sharp 5316 Digital Copiers at N270,000 each whereas the average market price is said to be N130,000 each.
The Special Adviser to the Speaker, Kayode Akinmade, however, told Sunday Sun that the fresh allegation was baseless and the handiwork of some lawmakers who are not happy with the achievements recorded by Bankole in one year.

Akinmade added that it was another grand design to tarnish the image of the Speaker by aggrieved members over the composition of committees.
"November 1 (yesterday) will be the exact one year that he took over as the Speaker of the House. As you know, he has not done anything outside due process. But you will also agree with me that some people are not happy that under him, corruption had been exposed through the various investigations carried out by the House. So you can understand that some people are not happy with the campaign against corruption and they would go to any length to smear his name," he said.
Akinmade also insisted that since he came into office, Bankole has not done anything wrong as being alleged.

He said that the process for the purchase of cars for principal officers had been on before Bankole assumed office, adding that if it was true, due process would have been followed.
The spokesman explained that any car bought for the use of the Speaker belong to the House and not a personal property of the person occupying the seat, noting that that was why the fleet of cars used by Mrs Etteh was still the one been used by Bankole.

"If any car is bought for the use of the Speaker, they are not the personal property of Bankole. They belong to the House. This is the practice, and in any case, it was not true that customized Jeeps were bought by the Speaker," he said. http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2008/nov/02/national-02-11-2008-001.htm
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by snoop4real: 5:03pm On Nov 02, 2008
Wyle goin' thru wat other honourable members of the house hav commented on this topic, I find it difficult to come in.

U see dis our country politics issue, in order for the masses not to die untimely and leave the politicians to eat without looking back, let us just read d story and say ----- errhe na wa o. -----

We've been commenting negatively on money laundering for so long (I'm not saying we shuld become positive to it o) and nothing has come out of it, We shuld start looking at ways to beta our lot, probably laff as dey used to do.

Snoop4real has signed out,
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Melifew(m): 7:42pm On Nov 02, 2008
so my brother and sister i can bet u guys it is all over for bankole cos the power that be are up against him it is only God that will save him my advice to him is if he knows the allegation against him are true he should resign just the way Zuma in South Africa did to save his head. Just check out the new allegations
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Kobojunkie: 2:49am On Nov 03, 2008
ajiri avae:

Look, if we talk say make we no listen to people because they are not squeaky clean, we will never even believe that corruption exists in that country. Can you name a single whistle blower in that country with no dirt on his hands? In a country where information is hidden from the public, we are reduced to depending on these dirty beings for information. I mean we can try to conclude that because keyamo's hands are supposedly dirty, we can not trust that he may in fact be offering us factual information here. At the end of the day, who looses? Keyamo? Or We, the Nigerian people? I mean this is to be seen as an opportunity for the Nigerian people to learn some truth about the accused man in this case. If he is clean or not, we should push for information to be revealed so we can judge rightly, after dissecting provided facts. Attacking Keyamo makes no sense at all IMHO considering we are speaking of Nigeria here.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Melifew(m): 6:58am On Nov 03, 2008
Plot to sack Bankole exposed 3/11/2008

From Yusuf Alli,
Managing Editor, Northern Operation(the nation newspaper

A plot to remove House of Representatives Speaker Dimeji Bankole has been uncovered.

But the Speaker’s loyalists from the North and South-South are set for a showdown with anti-Bankole groups.

Four groups within and outside the National Assembly have been uncovered as the brains behind the plot to remove the Speaker.

A highly-placed source, who spoke in confidence with The Nation, identified the four groups as a governor and his cohorts; those opposed to the release of the power probe report; Ministries, Departments and Agencies that do not want a mop up of unspent funds; and some Senators and members of the House.

The House leadership confirmed the uncovering of the plot last night in Abuja.

According to the Chairman, House Committee on Rules and Business, Ita Enang, those behind the plot want to destabilise the House and curtail its legislative activism.

"This new allegation (of inflated cars’, laptops’ and television sets’ prices) is yet another plot to destabilise the House", he said.

The source said: "We have uncovered the plot to remove the Speaker and mess up the leadership of the House. A governor is suspected to be heavily bankrolling the project and at the appropriate time, his identity will be unveiled.

"Some forces behind the power projects that were probed by an ad hoc committee of the House have not forgiven Bankole for investigating the National Integrated Power Project (NIPP).

"You know the debate on the project ought to have started last Tuesday but the same forces do not want their secrets exposed to the public. That is why they are desperate to unseat the Speaker.

"They do not want the Power Probe Report to see the light of the day. But the House is committed to probity in the power sector."

The source also alleged that some senators and members of the House of Representatives had been secretly supporting the anti-Bankole campaign.

"To some senators, their main grouse is that the Speaker has been purportedly arrogant and disrespectful to the President of the Senate, Chief David Mark.

"If you ask them to cite instances, they cannot but they have been beating war drums that Bankole must go. Some of them have even been instigating members against the Speaker. Is it bad for the Speaker to insist on due process on Constitution Review?

"Also, a few members of the House of Representatives, who harbour one grudge or the other over the composition of House Committees, are up in arms against Bankole.

"It is sad that these members saw willing tools in the staff of the management of the National Assembly who have been releasing vital documents to smear the image of the Speaker and the entire leadership of the House."

On the involvement of a governor in the plot, the source said: "At the appropriate time, the details of the governor’s covert moves would be released to the public.

"Didn’t the governor sneak into Abuja at the weekend? For what purpose? We are keeping a tab on his itinerary and those he met."

Bankole’s camp is fighting back, it was leant last night.

Besides debunking all the allegations of sleaze or inflation of contracts in the House, the Speaker has taken time to consult his supporters and clarify all issues.

Another source said: "Most members of the House from the North and South-South, who enthroned the Speaker, are set for battle against those desperate to remove Bankole.

"The plot is about trying to become Speaker through the backdoor and mudslinging which would fail."

Enang urged Nigerians to "disregard this concerted attempt at all costs to disturb the peace and progress of the House."

"We are aware that powerful interests and groups are not happy in the recent oversight function of the House into various sectors and will fight back with all instruments at their disposal.

"But the leadership and members of the House are resolute that the legislature’s role in the pursuit of good governance will be taken to logical conclusion.

"There is no going back and all reactionary agents using the subterfuge would be vehemently resisted while all anti-corruption agencies will receive every cooperation in getting to the root of any allegation."

He urged those aggrieved about any transactions of House to go to the anti-corruption agencies instead of making it a media hype.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Toptall: 7:30am On Nov 03, 2008
Power sector
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Toptall: 7:38am On Nov 03, 2008
Power sector
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by yemivictor: 8:05am On Nov 03, 2008
All i'll say is, Bankole is lucky Gani Fawehinmi has this medical condition & he can't shout!

If not, he'd have had it hotter than this!!
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by illiest(m): 8:48am On Nov 03, 2008
PDP members are all corrupt so , bankole too is corrupt, it just only takes time to get them, he should be

impeached and jaileed. he isnt good for nigeria
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by PepERSprAY: 10:52am On Nov 03, 2008
The Special Adviser to the Speaker, Kayode Akinmade, however, told Sunday Sun that the fresh allegation was baseless and the handiwork of some lawmakers who are not happy with the achievements recorded by Bankole in one year.

Akinmade added that it was another grand design to tarnish the image of the Speaker by aggrieved members over the composition of committees.
"November 1 (yesterday) will be the exact one year that he took over as the Speaker of the House. As you know, he has not done anything outside due process. But you will also agree with me that some people are not happy that under him, corruption had been exposed through the various investigations carried out by the House. So you can understand that some people are not happy with the campaign against corruption and they would go to any length to smear his name," he said.
Akinmade also insisted that since he came into office, Bankole has not done anything wrong as being alleged.

God will guide and protect him from his enemies including the ones in nairaland.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by PepERSprAY: 10:55am On Nov 03, 2008
ajiri avae:

keyamo is a very intelligent man. he is went to ekpoma which means he is also street wise. anybody with half functioning brain cell knows that the best way to get nigerians emotional is to shout corruption.

Keyamo is an Esan reject and a thug who disguise as a petty lawyer and a conniving bastard. Edo indigenes are truly dangerous embarassed embarassed.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by SkyBlue1: 11:58am On Nov 03, 2008
Taking time to actually read through this post after ignoring it for so long was quite interesting. It is so disheartening the levels people are willing to descend to in order to defend possible corruption, every single time. It just screams slave mentality that a guy is being shot down for asking questions. This fear or reasoning whereby we see anyone who asks questions of accountability and running of government of supposed "elected" officials as being audacious is ridiculous. First of all it was wether he made up the information or not. Things have progressed and it turns out the information is actually factual with regards to cars being bought with no discount and possibly inflated contracts, etc. Then it becomes, because he is from the south. Please don't speak for me. I am not a northerner and i welcome a ploy to expose corruption and evils because wether it is being exposed by the north or whatever does not change the fact that corruption is corruption and it is tearing the country apart and holding it back. Peter Odilli stole a lot of money, so did Alams, so did Ibori, the fact that it was apparently (although i don't see this) exposed by northerners does not make what they did fictional, does it? Does it also make what they did right? Amazing!

This should really have been a simple matter of answering the questions and responding to the allegations with satisfactory answers; come on, IS THAT SO DIFFICULT? If he is innocent then what is the big deal with responding to these allegations? The mere fact that people want to make the motives of Keyamo the issue when the issue should be wether or not there is something to answer for is discouraging. Who cares if Keyamo's hand is dirty or not? Is there any honour among thieves? If it will take the back stabbing and two facing of the thieves which will result in the self destruction and self implosion of the cabal in question then so be it!!
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by AloyEmeka9: 12:14pm On Nov 03, 2008
Taking time to actually read through this post after ignoring it for so long was quite interesting. It is so disheartening the levels people are willing to descend to in order to defend possible corruption, every single time. It just screams slave mentality that a guy is being shot down for asking questions. This fear or reasoning whereby we see anyone who asks questions of accountability and running of government of supposed "elected" officials as being audacious is ridiculous. First of all it was wether he made up the information or not. Things have progressed and it turns out the information is actually factual with regards to cars being bought with no discount and possibly inflated contracts, etc. Then it becomes, because he is from the south. Please don't speak for me. I am not a northerner and i welcome a ploy to expose corruption and evils because wether it is being exposed by the north or whatever does not change the fact that corruption is corruption and it is tearing the country apart and holding it back. Peter Odilli stole a lot of money, so did Alams, so did Ibori, the fact that it was apparently (although i don't see this) exposed by northerners does not make what they did fictional, does it? Does it also make what they did right? Amazing!

This should really have been a simple matter of answering the questions and responding to the allegations with satisfactory answers; come on, IS THAT SO DIFFICULT? If he is innocent then what is the big deal with responding to these allegations? The mere fact that people want to make the motives of Keyamo the issue when the issue should be wether or not there is something to answer for is discouraging. Who cares if Keyamo's hand is dirty or not? Is there any honour among thieves? If it will take the back stabbing and two facing of the thieves which will result in the self destruction and self implosion of the cabal in question then so be it!!

Arinze gi!. Who cares whether keyamo is a felon or tribalist as long as his allegations are not frivolous? Imagine buying an LCD Tv for N553K each!!. What are they doing with over 500 television sets?. I guess it's for their offices. Are we paying them to watch porn?
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by ibrahiem(m): 1:45pm On Nov 03, 2008
dear poster,u are nt in any way helpin matters cus am sure u will do worse if given da chance.anyway,lets profer solutions rather han crusifying them.God help help us
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by bioye(m): 2:04pm On Nov 03, 2008
True - Etteh was selected and forced on the House by Obasanjo and the then-PDP caucus because of her 'close' relationship with OBJ
True - Etteh was removed from office because the Reps believed that she was incompetent educationally, experiencewise and morally to lead them
True - Etteh was loyal to OBJ, the then-PDP caucus and had considerable disregard for many Reps members
True - Many members of the House of Reps were not satisfied with Etteh's constitution of the House Committees
True - Many Reps are corrupt and would oppose a leadership that did not allow them to chop

True - Bankole has sound education
True - Bankole was unanimously elected by a majority of the House of Reps
True - Bankole is seen a player in the power play in Ogun State along with his Father, OBJ and Iyabo, Gov. Daniel, Oba Alake and others
True - Bankole just reconstituted the House Committees
True - If a Speaker does not allow the House of Reps members to chop, many will oppose him
True - If the Speaker allows some members to chop, his permanent enemies will expose him

Bankole is in the middle of a dilemma where the Governor of his state is his greatest enemy.  Gbenga Daniel believes Bankole was key in the removal of the speaker of the state house of assembly and that Bankole is after his impeachment.  Thus Gbenga Daniel along with others are sponsoring Keyamo to dig any dirt he can find.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by mbulela: 2:08pm On Nov 03, 2008
I think the issue is being missed.
I am not a fan of Keyamo and never will be.
this is not about Keyamo. this is about the house under Bankole's watch ordering for 380 cars from PAN (the tender was not even transparent), getting cars of lower cost than they asked for and yet paying the price of the more expensive brand. secondly buying 380 cars without a discount (in an age when most dealers are doing buy 2 get 1 free) and thirdly paying for VAT twice on the same purchase.
this is simply a case of financial recklessness bothering on corruption.
the question is, if the money was their personal money will they do same?
why were PAN so evasive when Keyamo made enquiries on this purchase and know come out with half truths?
i find it laughable that the house is investigating itself!!!
make no mistakes, nothing will come out of this.Keyamo can short for all he cares. but the fact is that once more we can see how honourable the members are.
like i said earlier, the Nigerian political landscape is propped up by endemic corruption. everyone in it is involved.Does claiming that Bankole is a saint or something close to it, should please try another story.
afterall, few months back IBB and Buhari said Abacha was not corrupt.
i beg i don tire,
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by SkyBlue1: 2:18pm On Nov 03, 2008
bioye:

True - Etteh was selected and forced on the House by Obasanjo and the then-PDP caucus because of her 'close' relationship with OBJ
True - Etteh was removed from office because the Reps believed that she was incompetent educationally, experiencewise and morally to lead them
True - Etteh was loyal to OBJ, the then-PDP caucus and had considerable disregard for many Reps members
True - Many members of the House of Reps were not satisfied with Etteh's constitution of the House Committees
True - Many Reps are corrupt and would oppose a leadership that did not allow them to chop

True - Bankole has sound education
True - Bankole was unanimously elected by a majority of the House of Reps
True - Bankole is seen a player in the power play in Ogun State along with his Father, OBJ and Iyabo, Gov. Daniel, Oba Alake and others
True - Bankole just reconstituted the House Committees
True - If a Speaker does not allow the House of Reps members to chop, many will oppose him
True - If the Speaker allows some members to chop, his permanent enemies will expose him

Bankole is in the middle of a dilemma where the Governor of his state is his greatest enemy.  Gbenga Daniel believes Bankole was key in the removal of the speaker of the state house of assembly and that Bankole is after his impeachment.  Thus Gbenga Daniel along with others are sponsoring Keyamo to dig any dirt he can find.
Yes, that definately means there is nothing to answer. That is it people, the simple facts highlighted above is all the evidence needed to show that 380 cars were not bought at inflated prices with no discount and double VAT. Bankole has enemies and has not allowed some people to chop therefore it means the car fiasco never happened. WOW!!!
See how we like to dodge the issues? Did it happen or not? How difficult a question is that and shouldn't that be the real issue?
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by bioye(m): 2:40pm On Nov 03, 2008
Sky Blue:

Yes, that definately means there is nothing to answer. That is it people, the simple facts highlighted above is all the evidence needed to show that 380 cars were not bought at inflated prices with no discount and double VAT. Bankole has enemies and has not allowed some people to chop therefore it means the car fiasco never happened. WOW!!!
See how we like to dodge the issues? Did it happen or not? How difficult a question is that?
smiley

I would appreciate if you don't twist my words. I did not say anything of the kind that you expressed!   Why not dispute my statements first?  It appears you have made up your mind already and any contrary views expressed to yours would be summarily attacked.  Take it easy.  Now to respond to your hasty conclusions, the House of Reps collectively agreed to the purchase of cars for the committees.  It was not singlehandedly decided by Bankole.  Bankole had no hand in the purchase of the cars itself - it was entirely executed by the National Assembly management.  When the cars were purchased, Bankole was not in the country. When he returned he was seriously dissappointed with the way the Deputy Speaker  Nafada handled the matter.  The issue was on the pages on newspapers then.

On the new issue of tv sets and all, my question is this:  Were these purchases part of the 2008 budget as approved by the Legislature and accented to by the Executive?  If so, there are definitely [/b]similar items in other budgets asides that of the [b]House.  The only reason light is being shone on these is because some great enemies of Bankole are bent on taking power away from him.  I wont be surprised if some of them are active in this very thread.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by SkyBlue1: 2:52pm On Nov 03, 2008
bioye:

smiley

I would appreciate if you don't twist my words. I did not say anything of the kind that you expressed! Why not dispute my statements first? It appears you have made up your mind already and any contrary views expressed to yours would be summarily attacked. Take it easy. Now to respond to your hasty conclusions, the House of Reps collectively agreed to the purchase of cars for the committees. It was not singlehandedly decided by Bankole. Bankole had no hand in the purchase of the cars itself - it was entirely executed by the National Assembly management. When the cars were purchased, Bankole was not in the country. When he returned he was seriously dissappointed with the way the Deputy Speaker Nafada handled the matter. The issue was on the pages on newspapers then.

On the new issue of tv sets and all, my question is this: Were these purchases part of the 2008 budget as approved by the Legislature and accented to by the Executive? If so, there are definitely similar items in other budgets asides that of the House. The only reason light is being shone on all these is because some great enemies of Bankole are bent on taking power away from him. I would be very surprised if some of them are not active in this very thread.

Sorry to dissapoint you but i am not "out to get you" or out to "get" anyone that holds a view contrary to mine. I don't see how i twisted your words, I just thought the reasons given as a possible defence for Bankole were weak and flimsy when a more to the point one like you just gave could have sufficed. I was aware of the fact that the budget was signed by the house etc, etc as somebody candidly pointed out earlier on in the thread, that was a debate and I saw this as a possible rebuff. However, to come back with defence like "people are out to get Bankole" just seemed to me to be completely unecessary and shifting the whole issue. What is so difficult with rebuffing claims? And when the lawyer the article refers to went to the house of assembly why were explanations not given?

He was invited by the house i might add, the effort was made, and all for what? Just so that he could be shown by the house members that they are immune to redress and too exalted to be questioned? What was the point of inviting the lawyer and taking time out to see him (while all of this was apparently aired of course), if it was simply about using the opportunity to do big manism and ask "who are you"? It is disgusting, foolish and irresponsible and a waste of time. What is the difficulty "appointed" leaders have with answering questions and being accountable to the people they should be accountable to? And as it seems apparent on this thread some people are also guilty of thesame. Making the issue about feuds and what not as opposed to the factual information available and presented.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See What Buhari Told Court About Justice Bulkachuwa Before She Stepped Down / Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary / ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.