Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,511 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo (10351 Views)

Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University / Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC / $3m Bribery Scandal: Ex-speaker Patricia Etteh Blows Hot! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by bioye(m): 5:04pm On Nov 05, 2008
abbreviated quote
lucabrasi:

bankole and obama are in the same age group.  I'm sure millions of people saw the keyamo interview on ait where the guy displayed his evidence for the cameras to see,secondly the ethics commitee's actions showed that they r prejudiced already and will never be partisan especially wih the words coming out of their mouth,the fact that the buck stops at bankole's table and also that having travelled far and wide and seen a different way of doing things having a luxury car in lagos where he rarely stays,another one in ogun sate he doesnt even reside in plus his numerous cars in abuja smacks of crass insensitivity.  as for me not seeing the light of day,if bankole has been above board and not stolen any money or if he has been sensitive to the plight of nigerians n his spending e.t.c then i say amen to your prayer grin
but if he has been corrupt and insensitive to the plight of nigerians would you be the one or bankole himself that ll volunteer not to see the light of day,
abbreviated quote

I would love to have a constructive discussion with you.  But with all these things you just wrote, it's obvious your level of education and understanding is very different from mine.  Maybe you are a genius or something.  In any case, ask someone of normal intelligence to read my previous post and try to understand it first before you respond.  For the avoidance of doubt, I never said you wont see the light of day under any circumstance.  I said I doubt your hope of seeing Bankole's downfall will see the light of day.  Hope you understand the difference.  Second, I repeat - a 38-year old man is not the same age as a 47-year old man.  Geez!  Again, Bankole is not being accused of keeping a Speaker's convoy but rather the House is accused of corruption in the purchase of some vehicles in which some of us believe Bankole is innocent though some may be guilty.  Almost every elected or selected top official in the world has convoys, this in itself is not a crime though we may not support it.  It's not enough to crucify Bankole.

I have to conclude here that you have difficulty understanding simple English and therefore I now understand why you will continue to actively misinform those that are unfortunate enough to look up to your guidance.  I never meant to insult you.  If you feel so, I'm sorry.  I just have to tell it like it is.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Eziachi: 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2008
PepERSprAY:

Thunder fire you there.

While I wait for the thunder that you are sending my way, may I say how disappointed I am with those two money hungry Igbos born in Ogun state called Ette and Bankole. What would the Yoruba they borrowed their names say about their love of money? Haba!!!!!!
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by PepERSprAY: 6:24pm On Nov 05, 2008
Eziachi:

While I wait for the thunder that you are sending my way, may I say how disappointed I am with those two money hungry Igbos born in Ogun state called Ette and Bankole. What would the Yoruba they borrowed their names say about their love of money? Haba!!!!!!
Foolish goat undecided
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by PepERSprAY: 6:29pm On Nov 05, 2008
while a man of bankole's age has just made history after a very hard fight as the frst black president of the united states of america,remember that they both went to ivy league schools abroad in fact they both went to havard and possibly studied at same time,the fact that bankole's intergrity has to be defended at all is a huge failure on his part because he has no excuse, remember unlike obama he had rich parents who sent him to all the best schools britain and the united states had to offer,yet while a man of his age and educational background is making history,bankole is making his own chequered history as the youngest speaker to be emmershed in corruption scandal, the fact that he has to be defended at all is a massive shame for him

Obama and Bankole didn't stand on the same pedestal. While Obama swam through a near perfect and less corrupt system, Bankole is fighting a massively corrupt govt with little or no help and a legion of backstabbers like Keyamo.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by lucabrasi(m): 7:54pm On Nov 05, 2008
@pepperspray
you r right but then again remember bankole even though he is nigerian had a more priviledged background,he never had to worry about tution fees even though he attended ivy league schools,his father spared no cost in giving him the best education money can buy so really he has no excuse for his name being mentioned in connection with controversies of these nature, while i agree with your assertions about the two systems being diffrent i would have though that he should have shown the initiative by doing things a little bit different,lets assume for a second the allegations are untrue,has he helped his credibility with the ostencious lifestyle?imagine nancy pelosi using the house of reps funds to buy a luxury car for washington and her hometown e.t.c
@bioye
first of all ill like you to read the second comment directed at me from the poster, that is a more matured and sensible way of having an intellectual discourse, throwing insults and verbal barbs cannot and will not force your reasoning on me.
you think my level of reasoning is lower to yours?congratulations,though i suggest you go through your comments and correct them accordingly, i wont give you the luxury of doing that for you, mr wole soyinka grin

seems to me you r having a bad day or you have issues and you r just on nland to rant and vent your neurotic anger on the very first person that crosses your path, like i said before you seriously need to slow your rw so you dont burst a vein in your brain,
bankole's date of birth is the 14th of november 1969,how old does that make him?secondly is he in the same AGE GROUP as obama or not,if you still persist in your crass ignorance,what age group will you classify him in?

now im withdrawing all my negative comments towards you because from the statement you made here i now get your mind set and the way you reason(THE HOUSE IS ACCUSED OF CORRUPTION IN A PURCHASE OF SOME VEHICLES IN WHICH SOME OF US BELIEVE BANKOLE IS INNOCENT"THOUGH SOME MAY BE GUILTY"winkdoes the some mayb be guilty make any sense to you?
how can the followers be guilty and you are totally absolving the leader giving the order,and signing the right contracts grin grin

all round the world is not the same as nigeria,nigeria's problems and priorities are totally diffrent from what america and the rest are facing,so while a speaker in america can have a convoy of 200 cars,bankole knowing the problems nigeria is facing and the amount of work that needs being done should actually be the last person to ride in extravagant convoys, im waiting for you to justify his purchase of a bullet proof range rover in lagos and one in abeokuta where he rarely stays, whats going to happen to the previous speaker's convoy which i understand bankole is using at the moment?
so i guess its good enough for him now but not when the brand new luxury jeeps come they will be dashed out to the pdp underlings right? grin

if you have noticed,i have a habit of always going back to my very first comment/assertions,where exactly have i mis in formed anyone?
that the buck stops at bankole's table and so is responsible/complicit in anything going on under his watch?
that he is buying luxury cars and jeeps he and the speakers do not need seeing as he has a convoy he inherited from the former speaker,same as the reps have staff cars already?
that bankole has not justified the enormous trust the younger generation had in him?
what exactly has bankole done?what are his achievements since being sworn in?
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by ajiriavae(f): 9:22pm On Nov 05, 2008
sky blue, your comments seem biased. you made an earlier comment about fiscal responsibility. you said that cars were paid for but inferior models were supplied. i quoted from punch the explanation for that. why didn't you address the issues. the truth is that most people already have preconcieved ideas about him based on the premise that "he is a politician, therefore he is corrupt". you mentioned the power probe. did you not read my comment before the one you quoted very well. have you forgotten that the papers were talking about the fact that the report was being brought before the house just before this diversion came about. was elumelu not accused of bribery in order quench the matter. after being cleared of the allegations, did agagu not threaten to sue him if the report came out( punch of a couple weeks ago). why is nobody else connecting the dots. has the house not been under pressure because of the release of this report.
as per the niger delta probe, who has mentioned it since this keyamo matter started? it might not be a concern to you but i'm from the niger delta so i want the probe to start. the child is crawling towards the fire but the adults are focusing on the fact that the room is untidy. the bullet proof car for bankole cost 52.8 million even though the tenders were for between 82 - 105 million. bullet proof cars don't come cheap. they supplied inferior models because prices for the cars went up and the house was unwilling to pay the difference. due process was followed. i can assure you that the money from the double taxation did not enter bankole's pocket. he is not part of the firs.
as for his having access to official cars in lagos and ogun states, are we saying that he seizes to be speaker when he is in lagos or ogun. or that his security should be reduced. the cars were not bought for dimeji bankole, they were bought for the speaker of the house of representatives. by virtue of his position, he needs a certain level of security anywhere he is. even when he is outside the country. he has a stipulated amount of security he can have and he has not overstepped that boundary.
he has not done anything in that regard that is beyond what he is allowed to do legally. lets not be emotional
as much as this is a digression, you talked about fraudulent elections. i know i have watched and read several interviews where bankole admitted that he came in as part of a fraudulent system but that he needed to do what he could to correct it. which member of the integrity group did not come through that same system. do you think the majority of the politicians want bankole and the integrity group to actually succeed. granted, the majority of the politicians are unsuitable. do you think they want the changed that bankole stands for. most of us here at one time or the other  have worked within organisations. we know from experience that it is human nature to resist change, especially that which will cost us immediate gratification. did he not push for a constitutional review in which different sides would contribute. was the matter not frustrated. what do we want from him. haba. lets be reasonable. it is very easy to throw stones. but like i said before, this is a digression.
let me appeal to focused people to insist on the report coming out since our attention is being diverted from it. also, this niger delta probe must happen. we must not allow the few serious minded reps be bullied into brushing issues under the carpet. as long as we are singing keyamo's praise, then tell me how will the few serious ones among them be encouraged to continue to push for change. if it were you, and the old guard is frustrating your efforts and now your integrity is being questioned, would you be encouraged to continue. nobody here can deny the fact that there has been improvement in the way the house is being run since this young man got there. if nothing else the national assembly is now independent of the executive and they take their oversight functions more seriously. i can assure you that david mark had nothing to do with it. the senate took its cue from the reps. it started with bankole and the integrity group. and as long as he is speaker for a few more years, the executive will permanently loose its hold over the legislature. amen.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Kobojunkie: 10:06pm On Nov 05, 2008
What Change does this bankole man stand for? How much of that change have we seen since he took office about a year ago? Is Keyamo really to blame for the lack of attention being paid the Niger Delta crisis today by the Nigerian media?
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by ajiriavae(f): 11:39pm On Nov 05, 2008
since we turned our attention to keyamo, please has anything been said about the proposed niger delta probe. what has been said about the report on the power probe. or how are the officers invovled supposed to concentrate on these issues at a time like this. or if it were you, would you still be going after controversial issues when this kind of scandal was hanging over your head. believe me, no matter your innocence, you would be unable to focus on work at a time like this. they are mainly focusing on less controversial bills now.
is the fact that the legislature is now independent not a change or have we forgotten that during obasonjo's time the national assembly was his personal possession. during ettehs time, was it not the property of the p.d.p. . did the opposition not constantly complain about the p.d.p hyjacking the national assemble during her time. was it not after he became speaker that the senate became more independent.  is that not why the p.d.p. has shown several times that the leadership is against him. was  it not in the dailies that during the p.d.p national convention he opposed the idea of concensus candidate and was insisting on the election still holding but was overruled by the leadership of the p.d.p. are these not examples of an independent man of change.
before now had anybody ever asked how the government was run or how resources allocated were used in line with what they were provided for. were we aware of what happened to unspent funds at the end of the budgetary year.
please lets allow ourselves to be fair. lets not turn this into a personal vendetta against the man.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by DeepZone: 12:35am On Nov 06, 2008
Kobojunkie:

What Change does this bankole man stand for? How much of that change have we seen since he took office about a year ago? Is Keyamo really to blame for the lack of attention being paid the Niger Delta crisis today by the Nigerian media?

If Keyamo wants to fight for his Niger Delta brothers, he is free to do so but not by assassinating Bankole's character. That is cowardice and clearly unacceptable by noteworthy Nigerians.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by SkyBlue1: 4:00am On Nov 06, 2008
ajiri avae:

sky blue, your comments seem biased. you made an earlier comment about fiscal responsibility. you said that cars were paid for but inferior models were supplied. i quoted from punch the explanation for that. why didn't you address the issues. the truth is that most people already have preconcieved ideas about him based on the premise that "he is a politician, therefore he is corrupt". you mentioned the power probe. did you not read my comment before the one you quoted very well. have you forgotten that the papers were talking about the fact that the report was being brought before the house just before this diversion came about. was elumelu not accused of bribery in order quench the matter. after being cleared of the allegations, did agagu not threaten to sue him if the report came out( punch of a couple weeks ago). why is nobody else connecting the dots. has the house not been under pressure because of the release of this report.
as per the niger delta probe, who has mentioned it since this keyamo matter started? it might not be a concern to you but i'm from the niger delta so i want the probe to start. the child is crawling towards the fire but the adults are focusing on the fact that the room is untidy. the bullet proof car for bankole cost 52.8 million even though the tenders were for between 82 - 105 million. bullet proof cars don't come cheap. they supplied inferior models because prices for the cars went up and the house was unwilling to pay the difference. due process was followed. i can assure you that the money from the double taxation did not enter bankole's pocket. he is not part of the firs.
as for his having access to official cars in lagos and ogun states, are we saying that he seizes to be speaker when he is in lagos or ogun. or that his security should be reduced. the cars were not bought for dimeji bankole, they were bought for the speaker of the house of representatives. by virtue of his position, he needs a certain level of security anywhere he is. even when he is outside the country. he has a stipulated amount of security he can have and he has not overstepped that boundary.
he has not done anything in that regard that is beyond what he is allowed to do legally. lets not be emotional
as much as this is a digression, you talked about fraudulent elections. i know i have watched and read several interviews where bankole admitted that he came in as part of a fraudulent system but that he needed to do what he could to correct it. which member of the integrity group did not come through that same system. do you think the majority of the politicians want bankole and the integrity group to actually succeed. granted, the majority of the politicians are unsuitable. do you think they want the changed that bankole stands for. most of us here at one time or the other  have worked within organisations. we know from experience that it is human nature to resist change, especially that which will cost us immediate gratification. did he not push for a constitutional review in which different sides would contribute. was the matter not frustrated. what do we want from him. haba. lets be reasonable. it is very easy to throw stones. but like i said before, this is a digression.
let me appeal to focused people to insist on the report coming out since our attention is being diverted from it. also, this niger delta probe must happen. we must not allow the few serious minded reps be bullied into brushing issues under the carpet. as long as we are singing keyamo's praise, then tell me how will the few serious ones among them be encouraged to continue to push for change. if it were you, and the old guard is frustrating your efforts and now your integrity is being questioned, would you be encouraged to continue. nobody here can deny the fact that there has been improvement in the way the house is being run since this young man got there. if nothing else the national assembly is now independent of the executive and they take their oversight functions more seriously. i can assure you that david mark had nothing to do with it. the senate took its cue from the reps. it started with bankole and the integrity group. and as long as he is speaker for a few more years, the executive will permanently loose its hold over the legislature. amen.

Sorry, but again it seems you are missing the issue here. You seem to be so quick to make assumptions, where did anyone say that the double VAT goes into Bankole's pocket? Please do point out or highlight when this occured because i never witnessed such. I am still surprised that you are still latching on to this idea that Keyamo should be ignored because there are "important" things going on in the house and the members of the house now suddenly care about hiding possible ills. Constitution review? Isn't there already a constituion review going on in the house now? What have you heard about it? How many weeks has this been going on? Isn't the constituion review an "important" issue? So what "distraction" has there been that has stopped the reps from releasing details or progress on what some (like me) see as a very public and national matter? Is this constituion not going to be used by all Nigerians?

Sorry but i think you are more willing than i am to receive excuses for anything. The FOI bill has not been passed and with a lot of things that you could have possibly seen as "distractions" that were occuring, i never forgot about it because it mattered to me, it was always in the back of my mind and the dates of its presentation back to the house were always on my mind. Again permit me to be so bold but you now saying that Nigerians are going to forget things because they are going to be "distracted" seems a tad farcical. So what should happen then? Fiscal irresponsibility should not be challenged because we feel we might get distracted? Issues of possible national interest should not be challenged so that we don't forget that there is a Niger Delta crises or a "probe" on the matter just like there seems to be one on every other single issue? Just listening to what seems like another endless excuse is quite infuriating because it seems we are all now saying nobody in Nigeria should ask questions of the house or if they are doing it they should check the house's timetable so that they don't "distract" the populace. What is so difficult about Nigerian leaders and responding to allegations or questions? So Bankole now giving a consice response or even asking his lawyers to do this is what is going to stop what has been happening since Nigeria's conception from happening in terms of blatant disregard by people in power for everyone else? How long has the Niger Delta probe been going on? If anyone has had more of an efffect in making this into a "distraction" is it Keyamo who made such allegations or Bankole who has refused to just respond to them and get on with his job and by so doing raised eye brows of suspicion? Instead of just dealing so decisively with the issue and getting back to the "important" things the onus now lies on online spectators to do give viable responses and defences?

Please you don't know about me so i hope you won't be so bold as to assume i am not interested in the Niger Delta probe, especially when you consider i was also initially watching it until i felt the whole thing started proving to be a circus of show and tell with no seeming action. The issue is simple, someone has provided information and asked questions about some issues, the onus is simply left on the leaders to respond appropriately, simple as. Is that so difficult or is that what is going to be the stumbling block of all other "important" bills? If at all anything is going to get people emotional do you really believe it will be another case of a Nigerian house of reps corruption scandal? What is getting me irritated is non-answering of questions when it could all be so simply and swiftly done. Are the "elected" members now above redress? So why make the issue about anything else other than what it is? You apparently addressed the issues of the cars (which i did not see in your text) but please don't point it out to me because someone else addressed this issue earlier you and i don't think this is the main point or issue here. If a lawyer can be shot down for asking questions of the reps who are meant to be a more realistic representative of the people on a national scale then what hope has the common man got in getting answers? This i can ssure you will not distract me from a lot of things the house are or in most cases aren't doing, so please don't speak for me  smiley. Thanks
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Eziachi: 6:00pm On Nov 06, 2008
PepERSprAY:

Foolish goat undecided

Ha! Have I ruffled your egotistic feathers? yesterday you are sending thunder to me and my family and today I am your goat for having an opinion on two Ogun state born hungry, corrupt bastard Igbos that love money more than their grandma?
Well, I rather be a goat than to be corrupt Igbos like Bankole and Ette. at least a goat is quite harmless in many ways and feed on his own and not on other people's misery. Take a hike if you don't like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Nov 06, 2008
DeepZone:

If Keyamo wants to fight for his Niger Delta brothers, he is free to do so but not by assassinating Bankole's character. That is cowardice and clearly unacceptable by noteworthy Nigerians.

Assasinating Bankole's Character? How so? Aren't you the same who has pointed out that these are allegations, and so we need to make sure they are factual as we do not know this for sure? How can you then claim Keyamo is trying to assasinate Bankole's xter in this? Is Bankole off limits for Keyamo?
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by PepERSprAY: 8:03pm On Nov 06, 2008

Assasinating Bankole's Character? How so? Aren't you the same who has pointed out that these are allegations, and so we need to make sure they are factual as we do not know this for sure? How can you then claim Keyamo is trying to assasinate Bankole's xter in this? Is Bankole off limits for Keyamo?

Here in Nairaland. Didn't you see your colleagues saying rubbish about the man when he is yet to be indicted over the allegation?. Stop that please because I can claim now that you are stalking me with emails and it wouldn't be pretty if some members here pick on the story to nail you to the wall even when it's false. Do unto others how you will wish them do unto you. Na Jesus talkam some place in the bible.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Builder: 8:53pm On Nov 06, 2008
When will nigeria and nigerians be free? after etteh we though gettting a fresh blood will impose some accountability and transparency to the already corupt instituition. not knwing the young british educated bankole AKA "katakata teeth like spark fire" is even an apprentice. may God help us all
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On Nov 06, 2008
PepERSprAY:

Here in Nairaland. Didn't you see your colleagues saying rubbish about the man when he is yet to be indicted over the allegation?. Stop that please because I can claim now that you are stalking me with emails and it wouldn't be pretty if some members here pick on the story to nail you to the wall even when it's false. Do unto others how you will wish them do unto you. Na Jesus talkam some place in the bible.

Oh I see them , just as I see you assassinating people's xters on here all because of tribal bias you seem to carry with you. Seriously do you think you will get a rise out of me if you accused me of stalking you via email? roflmao!

Now I know how people like to pontificate, but seriously, can you without blinking tell me that you actually PRACTISE WHAT YOU PREACH there in your last statement? Isn't this a case of frying pan calling kettle black?? Roflmao!!
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Tonim(f): 11:56pm On Nov 06, 2008
I knew as (Pepperspray has been saying) that this story is just political against Bankole

[size=13pt]Keyamo parading fake documents — Nat'l Assembly, PAN[/size]

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/21111/42/

THE Management of Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN) and the National Assembly Bureaucracy, yesterday, declared documents paraded by Lagos lawyer, Mr Festus Keyamo, alleging fraud in the purchase of 380 units of 407 ST Sports Comfort vehicles for about N2.4 billion for the House of Representatives’ Committees and its leadership, as fake.

Besides, the House resolved to write a congratulatory letter to United States President-elect, Mr.
Barack Obama. The resolution came following the passage of a motion congratulating Mr. Obama by Chief Whip, Emeka Ihedioha.

Mr. Keyamo in a presentation before the House Committee on Ethics and Privileges recently, alleged that the car deal which was handled by the National Assembly was inflated to swindle public funds to the tune of over N500 million among other under-hand deals that went with it.

According to the lawyer, the N2.4 billion was paid to PAN for a tax and discount-free delivery of 20 Peugeot Automatic 407 cars to the leadership, with collapsible side mirrors, automatic rear packing features with 3.0 capacity engines.

Other members, the lawyer alleged, were supplied lower specifications that may have varied in model with either 2.0 engine capacity or 2.10 capacity engines, but with the same price per unit of N5.1 million each (the amount he alleged had crashed from an earlier quotation by the PAN group of N6.1 million per unit).

The lawyer, who had earlier filed a petition against the purchase at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), insisted that the Management of PAN must offer explanations to Nigerians, on why vouchers issued on the purchase by the Department of Finance at the National Assembly “double-paid” Valued Added Tax (VAT) on the purchases, but the Clerk of National Assembly, Nasir Arab, had in his testimony before the panel, said the National Assembly was statutorily exempted from VAT.

The Director of Planning and Legislative Budgeting, Mr. Muhammed Kabir, told the panel that what Keyamo was “parading” as evidence of double-VAT payment, might have been the payment for delivery which was made twice on February 29, 2008 and June 9, 2008 through the Central Bank.

The Clerk’s position was buttressed by PAN, which said the transaction went with a with-holding tax and a N75 million-tax since remitted to the Federal Government.

Keyamo had also alleged that the National Assembly Management (Director of Finance Unit) issued a cheque for the payment of the contract sum of N1.5 billion in the first installment (the purchase is said to have been paid for in installments).

The Acting General Manager of PAN, Mr. Umar Kaita, who appeared earlier before the House Committee on Ethics and Privileges,

described the allegations by Keyamo as unfortunate, saying the documents “he is parading” may have been forged, as according to him, they contradicted the documents PAN held on the transaction that was sealed on May 28, 2008.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Tonim(f): 12:09am On Nov 07, 2008
[size=14pt]Keyamo’s document on N2.3b car deal forged, say PAN, N/ Assembly[/size]

http://www.thenationonlineng.com/dynamicpage.asp?id=68876

Peugeot Automobile of Nigeria and the management of the National Assembly yesterday said Lagos lawyer, Festus Keyamo is parading forged documents on the controversial Peugeot transaction by the House of Representatives.

The Acting General Manager of PAN, Mr. Umar Kaita and Clerk of the National Assembly, Alhaji Nasir Arab, stated this when they appeared before the Ethics and Privileges Committee of the House investigating the controversial 380 units of the car purchase.

Kaita, who appeared with five other senior staff of the automobile company, faulted almost all the documents tendered before the committee by Keyamo.

He gave the breakdown of the processes that led to the transaction.

He said: "You would be absolutely correct to conclude that Keyamo misled the committee and the House of Representatives in his submission."

He also said that the company did not give kickback to the Speaker, Hon. Dimeji Bankole or any member of the House and insisted that "the contract was free of corruption."

On the mode of payment, he said that contrary to the assertion by Keyamo that PAN was paid with Zenith Bank cheques, the company actually received Central Bank cheques.

Keyamo had on Wednesday, October 29 told the committee that PAN was paid with Zenith Bank cheques and mentioned some cheque numbers to buttress his claims. But Kaita said that the claim that PAN was paid with Zenith Bank cheques was part of false statements by the lawyer.

Kaita also said that the price list Keyamo tendered before the committee did not emanate from the company

On payment of Value Added Tax, he said that the PAN had automatic VAT system that is remitted automatically at the end of every month. He said that the company also paid the wthholding tax to the Federal Government as required by law.

On why the name from Sport Automatic to ST Comfort, Kaita said that they change appellation for marketing strategy. He said, "The 407 we supplied, we now call ST Sport Comfort."

Kaita said that PAN did not give the National Assembly any discount for the bulk purchase because of the time frame required for the supply of the vehicles. He explained that the company required at least 90 day from the date of letter of credit to production date and another 60 days for shipping before any buyer could enjoy discount.

National Assembly Clerk Arab said that there were marked differences in the documents submitted by Keyamo and the actual documents of the National Assembly for the transaction.

He highlighted aspects of discrepancies like difference in signature, difference in National Assembly stamp as well as audit pencil marking on the document particularly the payment vouchers.

On why there was no competitive bidding, he explained that "when you are dealing with a manufacturer, nobody can bid against a manufacturer." He also said that the National Assembly since 1999 till date banks with the United Bank for Africa and that all capital funds are usually from the CBN. He said,

"We ordered 407 ST Sport cars. This is what we agreed and that was what was supplied. There was nothing hidden. It was a transparent transaction and the documents are all there for any body to see."
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by SkyBlue1: 12:11am On Nov 07, 2008
If the report is solid then over and done with, it is just a shame that such a rebuff had to come almost a week or so since the storms gathered which simply seemed to do way more damage than good for something that could so easily have been addressed. NOW WAS THAT SO DIFFICULT?
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by ajiriavae(f): 12:14am On Nov 07, 2008
let me start by appealing to everyone to please refrain from bickering and insulting one another. we are not enemies here. we are here to learn from one another. i don't want to mention names but,please people, lets be nice.
deepzone, you seem to have misinterpreted the gist of it. keyamo is not fighting for the niger delta. like i said before, the house was scheduled to begin a public hearing on how moneys allocated to the governments of the different states in the niger delta was spent. this is to help it understand why with all the money going into the region, there is still no progress there. the proceedings that we all watched on television was not the proposed probe. it was a fact finding mission, set up by yar'adua, to determine why there are  so many community clashes in the niger delta with the purpose of resolving conflict. the house of reps probe was just supposed to start.
sky blue, i was not refering to anything you said when i mentioned the double taxation. i was addressing what someone esle had said, either on page 3 or 4, infering that bankole was corrupt because of a double taxation. i'm sorry if it seemed that i was addressing you there. concerning the constitutional review, let me remind you that when bankole first recommended it to the house, he meant it as a conference where different regions and interest groups in nigeria would be represented to agree on the way foward, which is what notable nigerians have been asking for, for years. it wasn't meant to be this drawn out, uninspireing review that it has become.
you also talked about fiscal responsibility. if after recieving tenders of between 82-105 million for bullet proof cars, the house chose to buy at 58.2 million straight from the manufactorer, has the house not practiced fiscal responsibility. or are you really asking why a bullet proof car should cost so much. if that is the case then that question should be addressed to car manufactorers and not blamed on the house or bankole. about the inferior cars being supplied, the house also addressed it. it was because the price of the cars went up and the house was not willing to pay the difference. i'm sure you don't expect pan to make a loss on sales simply because the national assembly is involved. that would be fiscal irresponsibility on pan's part.
you talked about bankole giving a consice answer. well, it could be that he felt that, no matter what he said people would still judge him? have you not had times in your life when you felt it was better to not to respond but instead allow the evidence eventually speak for itself. i know i have so i can't fault him for that. besides did he not very simply invite the efcc and icpc to investigate the matter. has he not left the matter in the hands of the appropriate authority.
you accuse me of being ready to accept excuses. i, on the other hand, think you are being too judgemental. this is evidenced by the fact that you don't want to be bothered by the fact that there are explanations for the issues keyamo raised. you are more concerned about the fact that the young man has not addressed the nation on the issue. what is he supposed to say that an efcc,icpc investigation will not clearify. if he comes out to deny it, will that satisfy most people? seriously.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Tonim(f): 12:16am On Nov 07, 2008
@PepERSprAY,

Please stop responding to the goat, abeg. Just ignore the goat.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by SkyBlue1: 12:47am On Nov 07, 2008
ajiri avae:

let me start by appealing to everyone to please refrain from bickering and insulting one another. we are not enemies here. we are here to learn from one another. i don't want to mention names but,please people, lets be nice.
deepzone, you seem to have misinterpreted the gist of it. keyamo is not fighting for the niger delta. like i said before, the house was scheduled to begin a public hearing on how moneys allocated to the governments of the different states in the niger delta was spent. this is to help it understand why with all the money going into the region, there is still no progress there. the proceedings that we all watched on television was not the proposed probe. it was a fact finding mission, set up by yar'adua, to determine why there are  so many community clashes in the niger delta with the purpose of resolving conflict. the house of reps probe was just supposed to start.
sky blue, i was not refering to anything you said when i mentioned the double taxation. i was addressing what someone esle had said, either on page 3 or 4, infering that bankole was corrupt because of a double taxation. i'm sorry if it seemed that i was addressing you there. concerning the constitutional review, let me remind you that when bankole first recommended it to the house, he meant it as a conference where different regions and interest groups in nigeria would be represented to agree on the way foward, which is what notable nigerians have been asking for, for years. it wasn't meant to be this drawn out, uninspireing review that it has become.
you also talked about fiscal responsibility. if after recieving tenders of between 82-105 million for bullet proof cars, the house chose to buy at 58.2 million straight from the manufactorer, has the house not practiced fiscal responsibility. or are you really asking why a bullet proof car should cost so much. if that is the case then that question should be addressed to car manufactorers and not blamed on the house or bankole. about the inferior cars being supplied, the house also addressed it. it was because the price of the cars went up and the house was not willing to pay the difference. i'm sure you don't expect pan to make a loss on sales simply because the national assembly is involved. that would be fiscal irresponsibility on pan's part.
you talked about bankole giving a consice answer. well, it could be that he felt that, no matter what he said people would still judge him? have you not had times in your life when you felt it was better to not to respond but instead allow the evidence eventually speak for itself. i know i have so i can't fault him for that. besides did he not very simply invite the efcc and icpc to investigate the matter. has he not left the matter in the hands of the appropriate authority.
you accuse me of being ready to accept excuses. i, on the other hand, think you are being too judgemental. this is evidenced by the fact that you don't want to be bothered by the fact that there are explanations for the issues keyamo raised. you are more concerned about the fact that the young man has not addressed the nation on the issue. what is he supposed to say that an efcc,icpc investigation will not clearify. if he comes out to deny it, will that satisfy most people? seriously.

You are providing this evidence which in a much lower scale was presented before when this thread really started going, please refer to my last post because i have stated this is not the main issue for me. Bankole should be comfortable with just letting the evidence speak for itself? Sorry but i would have to diagree with you because that to me is just more excuses for a matter that did not have to be so blown up or sensationalised knowing the very understandable distrust Nigerians habour for the government. Being quiet is in my view a very irresponsible way to act, especially since Bankole is not the head of a private organisation or some teen running an ice cream shop, he is basically the leader of the house of representatives of the federal republic of Nigeria. What does such mean? It means he is and should be completely accountable to the people. Sorry, but again i would have to say i feel you seem to be too willing to make excuses because i don't believe you would expect or accept such behaviour from leaders of other countries except in Nigeria. So why must such stand in Nigeria? Whenever anything worthy of note that gets the general populace going in "reasonable" non Nigerian countries occur, the issues are quickly addressed via a press release or something by the adequate leaders or people be it ministers or the president or prime minister himself. Nothing, not even from Bankole's lawyers, on an issue that made the national dailies? So we should expect this behaviour because it is Nigeria? Nothing at all excpet the minds of the masses who mostly don't have acess to the internet left to speculate? Is that acceptable in anyway?

For all we know Yar Adua could be (though i highly doubt it) a genius with amazing plans for the country, please ask him what keeping quiet has done for him or his reputation or his standing with the people he is meant to be leading? It seems if a hurricane were to hit Nigeria and Yar Ardua came on T.V to utter something, forget actions on his path, that alone would send some into ecstasy when it should be expected in the first place as part of the job. Is this right?
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Kobojunkie: 12:54am On Nov 07, 2008
I don't know about anyone else but I would rather we be shown the documents so we can each at least see and know for sure that this is not a coverup of some sort.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Tonim(f): 2:18am On Nov 07, 2008

I don't know about anyone else but I would rather we be shown the documents so we can each at least see and know for sure that this is not a coverup of some sort.

What if it's not a cover up but the honest truth ?

Keyamo and Newswatch magazine got themselves involved with the political games played in Nigeria.

Abi, didn't you hear about the fictitious email sent to the media regarding Yar'adua ? Didn't it turn out
to be a hoax ?
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Kobojunkie: 2:48am On Nov 07, 2008
Tonim:

What if it's not a cover up but the honest truth ?

Keyamo and Newswatch magazine got themselves involved with the political games played in Nigeria.

Abi, didn't you hear about the fictitious email sent to the media regarding Yar'adua ? Didn't it turn out
to be a hoax ?

Hey!! We could play the WHAT IF game from today till the morrow. Unless you are going to tell me next that all corruption cases in Nigeria have been verified to be hoaxes, and that the claim that yar adua has not done much are all stories made up by Nigerian lawyers and the media, I would rather see the documents, examine the data myself to be sure.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Tonim(f): 3:03am On Nov 07, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Hey!! We could play the WHAT IF game from today till the morrow. Unless you are going to tell me next that all corruption cases in Nigeria have been verified to be hoaxes, and that the claim that yar adua has not done much are all stories made up by Nigerian lawyers and the media, I would rather see the documents, examine the data myself to be sure.

I think you have already made up your mind that the guy is guilty, so no matter what evidence proves otherwise,
you'll find something wrong with it. You are just being biased.

Because, if you read my post from the same Nigerian media (Vanguard and another one), it clearly states that the true authentic documents
were given to the house committee by PAN and the NASS management.

How you expect to get these documents from Keyamo and PAN/NASS Management to determine which is fake
from your place of abode in OHIO defies logic.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Kobojunkie: 3:45am On Nov 07, 2008
Tonim:

I think you have already made up your mind that the guy is guilty, so no matter what evidence proves otherwise,
you'll find something wrong with it. You are just being biased.

How do you come to the conclusion that I think like you do? I mean do your delusions of me have to be my facts?? How can you think something and then conclude that what you think is my fact? Don't you see a problem there??

Tonim:

Because, if you read my post from the same Nigerian media (Vanguard and another one), it clearly states that the true authentic documents
were given to the house committee by PAN and the NASS management,

Actually, if you read the posts yourself, you would see it does not CLEARLY STATE anything. We just have people coming in to claim the lawyer has fake documents. No where in the articles you posted are we actually told that the court was presented with the ORIGINAL documents, to verify that the copies Keyamo has are fakes. Am I supposed to believe the articles just because you posted them? Are my to take the word of some Nigerians who I know could have been paid to say what they said? What is wrong with you?? Do you not think you may have an issue with people not seeing things EXACTLY the way you do? I have been following your reasoning from the start and it seems you can not stand me not taking the same side on this issue, as you do. Are you sure the problem here is with me??

Tonim:

How you expect to get these documents from Keyamo and PAN/NASS Management to determine which is fake
from your place of abode in OHIO defies logic.

It is none of your business where I expect to get the documents. I remain skeptical about this claim that there is no fire under all that smoke. Unlike you, I prefer investigate issues more than I am willing to just accept any excuse thrown at me, media or no media. I do not know Keyamo, nor do I have any connections with the others involved here, so I do not owe any of them my allegiance or anything. I just want to know fact and not just accept whatever is thrown at me. If you have an issue with that, I can not help you.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Tonim(f): 3:58am On Nov 07, 2008

It is none of your business where I expect to get the documents.

Okay then. Siddon there for OHIO and be expecting the documents since
you like to investigate as you said.

You don't believe the newspapers' story that the documents by Keyamo are fake, but you believe their story
that indeed Bankole is corrupt.

When the initial allegations were made, why didn't you wait to receive the documents proving he is corrupt
before believing the story ? Since you claim you like to investigate, why didn't you investigate then ?

Now that the tide is turning, you need to see documents to prove his innocence and you don become Private Investigator
all of a sudden undecided

Like I said earlier, you already have your mind made up on this issue and my sense is this is due to your bias.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Kobojunkie: 4:14am On Nov 07, 2008
Tonim:

You don't believe the newspapers' story that the documents by Keyamo are fake, [b]but you believe their story
that indeed Bankole is corrupt.

When the initial allegations were made, why didn't you wait to receive the documents proving he is corrupt
before believing the story ? Since you claim you like to investigate, why didn't you investigate then ?[/b]

Now that the tide is turning, you need to see documents to prove his innocence and you don become Private Investigator
all of a sudden undecided

Like I said earlier, you already have your mind made up on this issue and my sense is this is due to your bias.

The Problem I have with people who think as you do is that you don't actually read or care what people have to say or actually say. You are too biased and have your minds made up that anyone who does not agree with you is GUILTY of the worst. Here is a chance for you to prove me wrong. Show me exactly what line you got that statement you have above in BOld from. Where did I make such a claim?

Show me that you are not just another blind Nigerian idiot on here that I ought not to waste my time on anymore and I am serious. You have no clue how IRRITATING it is to have to deal with such people.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Tonim(f): 4:18am On Nov 07, 2008
Kobojunkie:

The Problem I have with people who think as you do is that you don't actually read or care what people have to say or actually say. You are too biased and have your minds made up that anyone who does not agree with you is GUILTY of the worst. Here is a chance for you to prove me wrong. Show me exactly what line you got that statement you have above in BOld from. Where did I make such a claim?

Show me that you are not just another blind Nigerian idiot on here that I ought not to waste my time on anymore and I am serious. You have no clue how IRRITATING it is to have to deal with such people.

Kobojunkie, if anyone is a blind Nigerian idiot, it is definitely you ! Many people have echoed this on this forum, especially
this Politics board and I believe this idiocy of yours had a lot to do with you being relieved as this board's moderator.

This is the question I need you to answer, please:

before believing the story ? Since you claim you like to investigate, why didn't you investigate then ?

Many thanks !
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Kobojunkie: 4:24am On Nov 07, 2008
Here is the problem with your line of questioning. It assumes I believed the initial stories to be true, bringing me back to the question I asked you. Where did you get that from? Show me what line in all of my posts proves I BELIEVE the ALLEGATIONS, note ALLEGATIONS, to be FACTUAL?

Lesson for you. If Mr A, Mr B, Mr C etc call you an idiot (in most cases, just them throwing a tantrum cause you do not stand on the same side as they do on issues), that in no way certify you are an idiot.  It actually shows A, B, C etc as being immature and unable to handle opposition. You are only an idiot when you SHOW yourself an idiot by your own actions. When people come on here to pretend to have MIND READING abilities and propose to to read the minds of strangers over the internet, I say, those are clear signs that these people are likely of the family idioticus. So sorry, you can not claim I am an idiot just because some bitter souls on here think I am one.

Show me where exactly your claim comes from.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Tonim(f): 5:01am On Nov 07, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Lesson for you

Thanks, but I don't need a lesson from a "Nairaland bonafide" idiot.

Kobojunkie:

Here is the problem with your line of questioning. It assumes I believed the initial stories to be true, bringing me back to the question I asked you. Where did you get that from? Show me what line in all of my posts proves I BELIEVE the ALLEGATIONS, note ALLEGATIONS, to be FACTUAL?

it is not assuming anything.

I ask you again:

before believing the story ? Since you claim you like to investigate, why didn't you investigate then
?

I think it is only fair. If you want to see documents now, why didn't you ask for documents initially when the
allegations were made ?
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Tonim(f): 5:06am On Nov 07, 2008
Again kobojunkie, I ask you:

If you want to see documents now that it is proving Bankole's innocence, why didn't you ask
for documents when the initial allegations were made ?

Why ask for documents now and not initially ?

Many thanks !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Members Of Islamic Movement In Nigeria Protest In Kaduna / 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times / 3,000 APC Youth Traders Join Sokoto PDP, Cite Neglection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 200
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.