Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,710 members, 7,831,220 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo (10350 Views)

Patricia Etteh Graduates From Buckingham University / Patricia Etteh Decamps From PDP To APC / $3m Bribery Scandal: Ex-speaker Patricia Etteh Blows Hot! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Kobojunkie: 5:08am On Nov 07, 2008
It does not matter if you think you need it or not, but since it applies, I say you be sure who the BONAFIDE idiot is in this case.

Why did I not demand to see the documents when the allegations where initially made??

1) Keyamo claimed his documents prove fraud. How do I know if his documents are fake or not? IF THE OTHER SIDE PROVIDE THE VALID DOCUMENTS SO WE CAN VERIFY.

2) If you had actually taken time to READ my posts from the beginning, you would see that I made it clear that it is UP TO THE OTHER SIDE to show PROOF of the falsehood of these allegations IF they be just that. If you were to think well, you would realize that the ONLY WAY TO KNOW a FAKE is to have access to the REAL DOCUMENT for examination. Does this help some??

Now are you going to answer my question? I remember I asked you first. How did you come to the conclusion that I BELIEVE that BANKOLE IS GUILTY OF THE ALLEGATIONS.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Tonim(f): 5:19am On Nov 07, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Why did I not demand to see the documents when the allegations where initially made??

1) Keyamo claimed his documents prove fraud. How do I know if his documents are fake or not? IF THE OTHER SIDE PROVIDE THE VALID DOCUMENTS SO WE CAN VERIFY.

Well, the other side has provided the valid documents and Keyamo's is fake !!

Both the PAN and NASS Management have provided theirs.

You said this is all you needed, it's been provided, yet you are not satisfied.

Now you have to see documents from both sides with your naked eyes in Columbus, OHIO

What does this say about you ?
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Kobojunkie: 5:26am On Nov 07, 2008
Tonim:

Well, the other side has provided the valid documents and Keyamo's is fake !!

Both the PAN and NASS Management have provided theirs.

You said this is all you needed, it's been provided, yet you are not satisfied, now you have to see
them with your naked eyes in Columbus, OHIO

Are you trying to avoid answering my question still 

The Other side did SHOW their document? WHERE did you get this news from? What Line of the articles you POSTED show this?? I mean seriously, could you at least show me one line at least to PROVE that the court itself has deemed this to be the case instead of continue to throw lines at me and expecting me to accept them just cause you say them?

Kobojunkie:

How do you come to the conclusion that I think like you do? I mean do your delusions of me have to be my facts?? How can you think something and then conclude that what you think is my fact? Don't you see a problem there??

Actually, if you read the posts yourself, you would see it does not CLEARLY STATE anything. We just have people coming in to claim the lawyer has fake documents. No where in the articles you posted are we actually told that the court was presented with the [b]ORIGINAL documents, to verify that the copies Keyamo has are fakes.[/b] Am I supposed to believe the articles just because you posted them? Are my to take the word of some Nigerians who I know could have been paid to say what they said? What is wrong with you?? Do you not think you may have an issue with people not seeing things [b]EXACTLY the way you do? I have been following your reasoning from the start and it seems you can not stand me not taking the same side on this issue, as you do. Are you sure the problem here is with me??[/b]

It is none of your business where I expect to get the documents. I remain skeptical about this claim that there is no fire under all that smoke. Unlike you, I prefer investigate issues more than I am willing to just accept any excuse thrown at me, media or no media. I do not know Keyamo, nor do I have any connections with the others involved here, so I do not owe any of them my allegiance or anything. I just want to know fact and not just accept whatever is thrown at me. If you have an issue with that, I can not help you.

Above is my response to you from earlier. How did you come up with the statement in BOLD ?? Is it that you can not actually have a debate without trying all you can to shove your own words in as the words of your opponent? Do you have to twist people's words just so you can claim your mind reading abilities are real??
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Tonim(f): 5:29am On Nov 07, 2008
Tonim:

What this says about you is, even though you might not have said explicitly that Bankole is
corrupt, you believe he is from the depth of your heart.

I asked you earlier how you are going to have access to the documents from both sides
given the fact that you reside in OHIO, you said it is none of my business how you get
the documents. Why couldn't you give a straight answer undecided
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Kobojunkie: 5:41am On Nov 07, 2008
O pari oo!!! we have another confirmed mind reader!!  sigh!!

Why in the world do you even bother asking questions of persons whom you already concluded you have ALL FIGURED OUT? Don't you think it is a waste of your time and mine if you have convinced yourself you know my thoughts and my mind, but choose to continue asking me questions for which you already seem to believe you know the answers?? sigh!!

Moving on now!!! next!!
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Tonim(f): 5:50am On Nov 07, 2008
Kobojunkie:

The Other side did SHOW their document? WHERE did you get this news from? What Line of the articles you POSTED show this??

Kobojunkie, here is the news article from the Punch

See the parts I have bolded.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200811064105971

N2.3bn car scandal: Keyamo’s documents are fake – N’Assembly, PAN
By John Ameh and Tony Amokeodo
Published: Thursday, 6 Nov 2008

The Management of the National Assembly and Peugeot Automobile Nigeria Limited on Wednesday told the House of Representatives Committee on Ethics and Privileges that the allegation of fraud in the purchase of 380 Peugeot 407 cars for House committees was based on forged documents.

The Clerk of the National Assembly, Alhaji Ibrahim Arab, who led three other senior officials in the bureaucratic arm of the legislature to testify before the panel, also said that the documents presented by Keyamo did not originate from the National Assembly.

PAN‘s Manager, Commercial Division, Mr. Umar Kaita, who also led officials from the company to testify, told the panel that Keyamo‘s documents did not come from the organisation.

The controversial vehicles were purchased at a combined sum of N2.3bn early this year.

The NASS management and PAN, being the vital links in the investigation, appeared separately before the panel and tendered what they argued to be the ”authentic documents” covering the contract for the supply of the cars.

Arab, PAN officials and members of the committee, compared their documents with those of Keyamo and found out that there were differences.

In the payment vouchers for the transaction, there were 13 differences between Keyamo‘s and the ones presented by the management of National Assembly.

On Keyamo‘s documents, it was discovered that there was no ”audit stamp” compared to the ones from the management, which had the audit stamp.

There were differences in the signatures on the two documents, while the National Assembly stamp on Keyamo‘s was also found to be forged.

The Acting Director of Finance and Supplies, National Assembly, Mr. Bukoye Lasisi said, ”The entire voucher is different because even the audit pencil on Keyamo‘s voucher is not the same as our own.

”We tick our vouchers, we do not cross them as shown in Keyamo‘s own; that is the practice in the National Assembly.”

Arab and his team also faulted Keyamo‘s claim that a Zenith Bank cheque was used to pay for the cars.

Keyamo had quoted the number of the cheque, but on Wednesday, the panel heard that the payment was made on a Central Bank of Nigeria cheque from the capital votes of the National Assembly kept with the apex bank.

PAN, which corroborated the position of the management, told the panel that the class of car specified in the contract was Peugeot 407 ST Sport Auto, adding that “ST Sport Auto was what we supplied.”

When contacted on the telephone in Lagos, Keyamo said the claims by the NASS and PAN managements amounted to an afterthought.

He, therefore, said the claim of the lawmakers was false, asking them to publish the correct contract papers for the cars.

The lawyer said, ” Before I asked for open explanation on the issue, the Newswatch magazine broke the story in its September 24 edition.

“I only took up the issue after one month of the publication. Why can‘t they respond to the publication immediately? The fact remains that cars had been supplied and contract awarded.

“If they are saying that I am relying on forged documents, they should publish the correct contract papers. In the final analysis, the defence is an afterthought. It is a white lie and false. They are just trying to deceive Nigerians.

“It is a desperate attempt by desperate people.”

The Chairman of the committee, Mr. Saleh Minjibir, said that the members would analyse the presentations of Keyamo, PAN and the management of NASS before writing its report on the matter.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Tonim(f): 5:54am On Nov 07, 2008
Kobojunkie:

The Other side did SHOW their document? WHERE did you get this news from? What Line of the articles you POSTED show this??

That's the answer to your question in the post above from Punch.

I have highlighted it in bold.

The NASS and PAN Management took the original documents to the NASS committee investigating Keyamo's claim
and showed that his documents are fake.

But I guess you need to see the documents in Columbus, OHIO to believe them. joker grin grin
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by poplural(m): 11:24am On Nov 07, 2008
Your guys are filled with Destructive Disparagement,i think its time to let these nigeria mind out of us.think on some thing constructive , which will help the nation.we know the demoraling influence in nigerian mind.so long as the nigerian condones these facets, our mind will remain corrosive and contaminated.although;a leopard does not change its skin,what a snake delivers must always be long.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by poplural(m): 11:27am On Nov 07, 2008
You guys are  filled with Destructive Disparagement,i think its time to let these nigeria mind out of us.think on some thing constructive , which will help the nation.we know the demoraling  influence in nigerian mind.so long as the nigerian condones these facets, our mind will remain corrosive and contaminated.although;a leopard does  not change its skin,what a snake  delivers must always be long.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by bioye(m): 12:35pm On Nov 07, 2008
poplural:

You guys are  filled with Destructive Disparagement,i think its time to let these nigeria mind out of us.think on some thing constructive , which will help the nation.we know the demoraling  influence in nigerian mind.so long as the nigerian condones these facets, our mind will remain corrosive and contaminated.although;a leopard does  not change its skin,what a snake  delivers must always be long.

You have said nothing. Twice. In your desperation to impress readers, you have failed to communicate. Now, can you kindly speak English, please?
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by MrCrackles(m): 12:38pm On Nov 07, 2008
Still yet to hear off or see a non-corrupt Nigerian politician!!
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by DeepZone: 6:38pm On Nov 07, 2008
@Tonim,
You are wasting your time on Kobojunkie because he derives energy only from bad news about Nigeria and the black people in general.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by DeepZone: 6:38pm On Nov 07, 2008
Car Saga: Protest Rocks N’Assembly
From Onwuka Nzeshi in Abuja, 11.07.2008
Friday, November 7, 2008

Crisis in the House of Representatives assumed a different dimension yesterday, as two groups took the National Assembly Complex by storm, distributing handbills on the allegations of fraud levelled against leadership of the House.

The first group, Coalition Against Corrupt Leaders (CACOL) arrived the National Assembly in the early hours of the morning in a chartered bus, armed with leaflets and banners denouncing the leadership of the House and demanding that Speaker Dimeji Bankole steps aside to allow for thorough investigations into the crisis.

The group, numbering about six, was however, restricted to the first gate by security operatives.Armed with a megaphone, the group said the allegations of fraud against the House must not be swept under the carpet, but must be exposed, as it was during the era of the immediate past Speaker, Patricia Etteh.

The group aligned itself with the testimony of Keyamo during his appearance before the Ethics and Privileges Committee, and challenged the House to prove the lawyer wrong. It also faulted the argument and defence of Peugeot Automobile Nigeria (PAN) that the company had the right to rename the model of its cars.

“Ït reasons to follow that the House earmarked money for a more expensive model and had an inferior quality supplied at the price of the model quoted in the offer letter by PAN and this is fraud, which the House doesn’t want Nigerians to know about, rather they engaged Keyamo in a shouting competition that we cannot help but wonder why they weren’t at the ringside of Samuel Peters when the Ukranian beat him blue black.”

This present crop of leaders in the House rode on the label of integrity, claiming to be righteous and above the murky waters that drowned Mrs Olubunmi Etteh , the first female Speaker of Nigeria. Bankole should not be a judge in his matter. He should step aside while the probe commences,” the group said in its statement. The second group, Coalition for Stable Democracy, circulated a two paged leaflet warning Nigerians against the antics of those it described as enemies of the Nigerian state and people. The group alleged that six lawmakers and members of the House of Representatives have been contracted to pull down the leadership of the House for some selfish political reasons.

It gave the names of the lawmakers as Honourables Independence Ogunewe, Festus Adegoke, Solomon Ahwinahwi, Austin Nwachukwu, Gbenga Oduwaiye and Kayode Amusan.

The group alleged that these lawmakers, in collaboration with Festus Keyamo, have been hired by Ogun State Governor, Gbenga Daniel, and some unnamed persons indicted by the Power Probe, to cause disaffection within the House and stall consdideration of the Elumelu Report on the sector.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/nov/7/202.html
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by JJYOU: 6:43pm On Nov 07, 2008
funmi, how come your 2 names are running at the same time?
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by DeepZone: 8:00pm On Nov 07, 2008
RIP pepperspray. I am now born again. grin
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by ajiriavae(f): 1:20am On Nov 08, 2008
in the punch newspaper of november 3 (monday) on page 11, i read of how note books and 17 transformers donated by bankole were rejected by his local government. when i read it, i knew that its implications were ver,very deep but i didn't want to be seen as a conspiracy theorist so i didn't mention it here. as somebody who has occasionally attended ward meetings of the different political parties in my community since 1998, in order to have a better understanding of grassroot politics, i can assure you that at the ward level, they are just plain hungry. all they do at that level is leach off their leaders. believe me, when transformers (especially) are rejected, its deep. it was obviously an order from above. from my understanding of ogun state politics, i knew that this was the mastermind of gov. gbenga daniels. maybe with the support of obasanjo. MAYBE. when i mentioned the transformer issue to a friend, he too was convinced that it was a key element in house of reps saga but i still didn't want to seem like i was making a big deal out of nothing.
from my second post, i have tried to make you guys understand that this matter is a lot deeper than we realise. i have repeatedly said that keyamo is working in concert with individuals who are trying to remove bankole in order to install somebody else and individuals trying to ensure that nigerians do not get the report of the elumelu led power probe nor get to the bottom of the niger delta allocations worth trillions of dollars.
i know that there are still some of you who have judged the bankole guy guilty and will continue to do so no matter what. that is life. there will always be doubters in this world. did thomas not doubt. however, i have lived long enough to know that this life is deep.
kayode amusan has been trying to become speaker from the begining of the 2007-2011 legislative term. to be honest, he was my main suspect as the instigator,along the lines of individuals trying to install a puppet theory, but i didn't feel the need to express that opinion because i felt it would be jumping the gun. now i know that i was right. talking about the character that is kayode amusan is beyond the scope of this discussion but let me assure you that his being tied into this matter as one of the masterminds is an understatement. he is the main tool being used by those that are determined to suppress the power probe report.
its like a game of chess. keyamo was the pawn. he made the first move by going to the press with allegations. the knight's (amusan) role is to declare war and fight, with the intent of being crowned bishop later in the game. what is still up in the air are the identities of the king and queen (those who are indicted by this controversial report).
my fellow nigerians, at this point in time, i'm done being decieved. as far as i'm concerned, if the government is really fighting corruption, then the sss needs to pick up keyamo for interogation. i'm tired of innocent people being harrased when the likes of keyamo are still on the streets. if nothing else, he needs to explain how he got the documents that he used to stir up this controversy in the first place. who gave it to him. forgery or not, persons in the house are behind him. those persons are working to protect the interest of the enemies of nigeria who were supposed to provide us with light. those of you that choose to continue to allow yourselves to be distracted can be my guest. there is too much at stake for me to fall into that group. the house needs to bring out that report. also, they need to start their investigations on what happened to the trillions of dollars that has gone into the niger delta. those of you that believe that probes don't solve anything, let me assure you that we are slowly but surely getting to a point of accountability thanks to these probes. if not, then why are they so hell bent on stopping the report from coming out. if it didn't mean anything, why bother. can you imagine the time,effort and funds spent on creating and keeping this controversy going.
also let me appeal to well meaning nigerians to pray for the members of the integrity group so that the plans of these enemies of nigeria fails. i can only imagine the pressure they are all under to suppress the report. if these enemies of nigeria can go as far as to go after bankole in this manner, can you imagine how they would have been pressurizing the others. God bless the federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by AloyEmeka9: 9:27am On Nov 09, 2008
We like to stretch our neck over nothing. Don't they have committees in the house that look into issues like this?. They want to drag us into another long battle of impeachment that may take another 4 months like Etteh's own. Are we paying them to fight each other?
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by ajiriavae(f): 8:18pm On Nov 09, 2008
my brother, may you live long. may your name remain on this earth long after you are gone. like i said in my second post on this topic, when a man with a reputation as a thief runs into the market shouting "the palace is on fire", wise men will first ask, "what can this man's intentions be". the answer most probably is that he is just trying to attract attention away, so that he can carry out his evil acts. unfortunately, most of the villagers will suffer the loss of stolen goods.
like i said, i will not be decieved. they should bring out the report of the committee. enough of this drama. let us know who the thieves are. even if you don't arrest them, give us their names. if our representatives have gone as far as to investgate, then the least we deserve is to know the result. power is too key a sector in our economy for us to allow this madness.
the integrity group has supporters out here. there are those of us that stand with them. elumelu, we are praying for you. bankole, the son of alani, make us proud. bring out their names.
do not forget us in the niger delta. explain to us how this was allowed to happen. so many trillions. how many zeros? where are all the men who have always told us that they are on the side of the common man. insist on our behalf that the report comes out. abi, were all your sweet sounding words just rhetorics? all you our freedom fighters. isn't it hypocritical that none of our elders in the niger delta is insisting on the probe.
those of you that set out to manipulate us for your personal agenda, and in so doing, sell our birthright by covering up for people who have run down our economy, putting us in pepetual darkness, repent. repent. repent.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by SkyBlue1: 8:34pm On Nov 09, 2008
ajiri avae:

my brother, may you live long. may your name remain on this earth long after you are gone. like i said in my second post on this topic, when a man with a reputation as a thief runs into the market shouting "the palace is on fire", wise men will first ask, "what can this man's intentions be". the answer most probably is that he is just trying to attract attention away, so that he can carry out his evil acts. unfortunately, most of the villagers will suffer the loss of stolen goods.
like i said, i will not be decieved. they should bring out the report of the committee. enough of this drama. let us know who the thieves are. even if you don't arrest them, give us their names. if our representatives have gone as far as to investgate, then the least we deserve is to know the result. power is too key a sector in our economy for us to allow this madness.
the integrity group has supporters out here. there are those of us that stand with them. elumelu, we are praying for you. bankole, the son of alani, make us proud. bring out their names.
do not forget us in the niger delta. explain to us how this was allowed to happen. so many trillions. how many zeros? where are all the men who have always told us that they are on the side of the common man. insist on our behalf that the report comes out. abi, were all your sweet sounding words just rhetorics? all you our freedom fighters. isn't it hypocritical that none of our elders in the niger delta is insisting on the probe.
those of you that set out to manipulate us for your personal agenda, and in so doing, sell our birthright by covering up for people who have run down our economy, putting us in pepetual darkness, repent. repent. repent.

*sigh*, pardon me but i might be done with this thread for good smiley. The continued insistence that nothing about the house's activities should be challenged because we might get "distracted" is one reasoning i continually see as laughable and i hope you don't take offence at that. I feel the huge irony here is that you seem to be the one making Keyamo bigger than he is. When i went through the thread the focus was not on Keyamo initially but on the idea of even considering that Bankole might have issues of corruption to answer and the implications of such, etc. All of a sudden the Keyamo of a person became elevated to importance by some who decided to make questions of his character the issue as opposed to wether there were any facts in his claims and allegations. That seems to me to be the typical reasoning that is one of many why progress does not seem to be made in Nigeria, always making the issues people as opposed to the issues simply being the issues.

So what exactly is this whole bruhaha going to do to other "important" issues? Is there any evidence that questioning of the activities of the house will stop the results of the probes from coming out? If in fact such a flimsy excuse is passable and could be used to deter such "results" from the probe being published then what does that say about the seriousness of the probe or the seriousness of the Nigerian people for that matter? Something that could have so easily been an open and shut case if it was just dealt with immediately as should be expected, took as much time and attention, whose fault was that really? Did such non chalant attitude over the matter and silliness in the way it was handled by Bankole and co not prolong the life span of the supposed charade?

The issue is not Keyamo but wether there was anything to answer for, if there wasn't why weren't the people just told so? Was that really that difficult? I am guessing every Nigerian had better go get a copy of the schedule of bills and presentation of the house of assembly and senate, so that we can work around the schedule of "important" bills and issues they have to address, right? We should also try and make sure that nothing serious or worthy of the house's attention does occur when they are too busy to be called to give account to those they are meant to be accountable to, right? Isn't that the issue? This is like trying to beg an armed robber who is going to rob you not to. If the house actually did a thourough job of investigating the power probe, etc and want to share that information or feel the conviction required by law to do so then they will. Stop trying to woo them to do the right thing and by so doing giving credibility to such lacklustre performance and behaviour the house seems to continuously exhibit. Have we all forgotten the delegation that took the issue of women's dressing to the UN?
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by chiwaochi: 3:49pm On Nov 10, 2008
for the fact that the head is corrupt right from the inception of it all then who is the tail to be a saint,Senator bankole is a man of intripid and integrity who cares out of the uncared and i pray they will not rob their dirty hand's of corruption on him, for Mrs Patricia Eteh she is an ungrateful mother who believe in me,myself and i methods governing.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by chiwaochi: 3:51pm On Nov 10, 2008
[b][/b]for the fact that the head is corrupt right from the inception of it all then who is the tail to be a saint,Senator bankole is a man of intripid and integrity who cares out of the uncared and i pray they will not rob their dirty hand's of corruption on him, for Mrs Patricia Eteh she is an ungrateful mother who believe in me,myself and i methods governing.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by AloyEmeka9: 7:13pm On Nov 10, 2008
The issue is not Keyamo but wether there was anything to answer for, if there wasn't why weren't the people just told so? Was that really that difficult? I am guessing every Nigerian had better go get a copy of the schedule of bills and presentation of the house of assembly and senate, so that we can work around the schedule of "important" bills and issues they have to address, right? We should also try and make sure that nothing serious or worthy of the house's attention does occur when they are too busy to be called to give account to those they are meant to be accountable to, right? Isn't that the issue? T[b]his is like trying to beg an armed robber who is going to rob you not to. If the house actually did a thourough job of investigating the power probe, etc and want to share that information or feel the conviction required by law to do so then they will. Stop trying to woo them to do the right thing and by so doing giving credibility to such lacklustre performance and behaviour the house seems to continuously exhibit. Have we all forgotten the delegation that took the issue of women's dressing to the UN?[/b]
@Skyblue, I agree with you to an extent but how else shall we continue if we don't lay off the bureaucracy involved in impeachment. That move will paralyse the house till june next year unless the speaker resigns himself. What do you suggest? We start the impeachment process amidst the bottlenecks and waste the next six months pointing fingers or set up another committee/EFCC that will look into the allegation?
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by ajiriavae(f): 2:35am On Nov 11, 2008
sky blue, i guess we are both approaching this issue from two very different points of observation. while you are looking at the allegations in isolation, i am relating it to a much larger political picture. as for your need for a press conference held by bankole to tell us if keyamo is correct in his accusations, maybe the reason why i don't seem to share your enthusiasm is that the house committee on media and public affairs has given us the side of the house leadership, pan has given us their side and the matter was under investigation by the ethics and privileges committee even before keyamo became aware of it. before you say that it is bankole who needs to address us and not the committee, let me remind you that as much as the whole thing has been sensationalised by personalising the matter, it is actually an allegation against the house leadership and its following due process. if the house was already investigating the matter, why then did keyamo sensationalise things if his intentions were good. while you may believe that his intentions do not matter, i strongly disagree. it makes all the difference.
you say you don't understand how this issue is connected to the report on the probe. let me explain it this way. when the house leadership decided that it was going to start to take its oversight functions seriously, and look into how money allocated to the differrent organisations that make up "government" was spent, let me assure you that, hardly anybody in that system was happy about it. there was a time in my life, between 1999- 2004 when i frequented abuja and hung out with civil servants. if you don't have direct contact with them in their official capacity, then you have no idea the corruption that goes on in our civil service. forget what you hear, i got to see it. so let me assure you that by questioning how moneys were spent, many toes (interests) were stepped on.
to add salt to injury, these small boys (the house) went so far as to insist on finding out where all the money spent on the power sector went. can you imagine all the people that will be fingered in the report. i don't want to believe you are naive enough to think that the interests involve will stand back and watch while they are publicly shamed. even if nobody gets arrested and no money is returned, the fact that the report is allowed to come out will forever change the way government contracts are handled. how many of these interests do you think can afford to let that happen.
the house has been under pressure not to come out with its report. the first casualty was elumelu who was accused of being bribed. that was done with the intent of discrediting him, the committee and therefore the report. when he was cleared of the charges, there were threats of law suits. obviously that did not work so now they are going after the main guy, bankole. with him out of the way and their man in, end of discussion.
before you dismiss this as being irrelevant to whether the report comes out or not, remember certain key factors. this is politics. most (if not all) of the people involved, both for and against, are members of the same political party. at times like this there will be a lot of lobbying by the different interests to infleunce which way the matter goes. every member of both the committee and the house has a political carear to protect. so my dear, its not an open and shut matter. this is a monumental matter and a controversy like this is designed to check mate the house.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by SkyBlue1: 8:55am On Nov 11, 2008
ajiri avae:

sky blue, i guess we are both approaching this issue from two very different points of observation. while you are looking at the allegations in isolation, i am relating it to a much larger political picture. as for your need for a press conference held by bankole to tell us if keyamo is correct in his accusations, maybe the reason why i don't seem to share your enthusiasm is that the house committee on media and public affairs has given us the side of the house leadership, pan has given us their side and the matter was under investigation by the ethics and privileges committee even before keyamo became aware of it. before you say that it is bankole who needs to address us and not the committee, let me remind you that as much as the whole thing has been sensationalised by personalising the matter, it is actually an allegation against the house leadership and its following due process. if the house was already investigating the matter, why then did keyamo sensationalise things if his intentions were good. while you may believe that his intentions do not matter, i strongly disagree. it makes all the difference.
you say you don't understand how this issue is connected to the report on the probe. let me explain it this way. when the house leadership decided that it was going to start to take its oversight functions seriously, and look into how money allocated to the differrent organisations that make up "government" was spent, let me assure you that, hardly anybody in that system was happy about it. there was a time in my life, between 1999- 2004 when i frequented abuja and hung out with civil servants. if you don't have direct contact with them in their official capacity, then you have no idea the corruption that goes on in our civil service. forget what you hear, i got to see it. so let me assure you that by questioning how moneys were spent, many toes (interests) were stepped on.
to add salt to injury, these small boys (the house) went so far as to insist on finding out where all the money spent on the power sector went. can you imagine all the people that will be fingered in the report. i don't want to believe you are naive enough to think that the interests involve will stand back and watch while they are publicly shamed. even if nobody gets arrested and no money is returned, the fact that the report is allowed to come out will forever change the way government contracts are handled. how many of these interests do you think can afford to let that happen.
the house has been under pressure not to come out with its report. the first casualty was elumelu who was accused of being bribed. that was done with the intent of discrediting him, the committee and therefore the report. when he was cleared of the charges, there were threats of law suits. obviously that did not work so now they are going after the main guy, bankole. with him out of the way and their man in, end of discussion.
before you dismiss this as being irrelevant to whether the report comes out or not, remember certain key factors. this is politics. most (if not all) of the people involved, both for and against, are members of the same political party. at times like this there will be a lot of lobbying by the different interests to infleunce which way the matter goes. every member of both the committee and the house has a political carear to protect. so my dear, its not an open and shut matter. this is a monumental matter and a controversy like this is designed to check mate the house.

You make a very good arguement and to be honest it is not rocket science to think that a lot of people have interests to protect that is quite obvious so there was no need to right a novella smiley. However i do disagree with your statement that i am seeing things from isolation. What could be isolating in the view that the house should be able to be accountable to the people they are supposed to be responsible for? Is this not the problem that has been reoccuring for too long? OBJ did this OBJ did that and meanwhile were people seriously making attempts to call him to order or hold him accountable? If this is meant to be a more liberal and serious house as opposed to the last administration then shouldn't things begin to change.

I think i will need a new paragraph to address the concerns raised. I once read in a Nigerian article an adage that made me laugh and i think it is adequate enough to be used here. The adage goes like this: "when your neighbour accuses you of being a thief is no time to be caught with a lamb under the guise of - you were just playing with it". If you so strongly believe that the issue being raised was due to people trying to protect their interest (which wouldn't shock me by the way) does it then make sense that it took a good few days of beating around the bush before the claims were rebuffed after they had made headlines. Of course i did not even yet throw in the fact that the lawmakers went through the efforts of inviting the Keyamo of a guy to the house, only to focus on insulting him and asking him "who are you" without giving any convincing responses. All this took how long again? And meanwhile all the hype and speculation was building up, so if any damage was being done to the credibility of the report or whatever line you tried to argue, didn't the way the house handled the matter have a huge hand in doing so? If the house is as you claim so intent on publishing the findings of the reports and they know of all the opposition that exists against such then why act guilty to the wider Nigerian masses? If the house was infact serious about being careful, etc, isn't this the time to be as open as possible? If anything wouldn't such an ethos actually help the house and solidify its credibility even more? Why act like a thief when you are accused of being one? Sorry but as much as i will admit your arguement has good reasoning, etc, some things still stand and the house should be able to be called to answer whenever, it is part of the job description. Perhaps now is the time for certain members to start considering a career change. What an irony, the house members are being callous over the handling of a probe report into accountability and are themselves trying to be beyond such accountability. I am sorry but it is simply called being professional and the house has time after time shown that is something they are not.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Cleaner: 1:10pm On Nov 12, 2008
Someone get this message to Bankole; Read Ezek. 20;33 - end 22:.
Meanwhile, human wants are unlimited but we need to reflect sometimes. The integrity group has my full support cause they are the best thing that ever happen to Nigeria at the Federal level as Tinubu/Fashola are the best thing to happen at the state level. Please if is true about the cars, lets forgive them this once so they can give us the various probe reports. POWER PROBE "who goes down?" NIGER DELTA PROBE" which was just about to commense when this car issue came up. I know Keyamo very well, from his days as a jehovahs witness in Ughelli, Govt. college Ughelli, Ekpoma, Lagos in Anthony with Gani, how he left (secret matters), how he stood at Anthony bus stop every morning in 1997 trying to survive after the Gani separation issue. How he made his big hit the famous " Lawyer blackmail Politician deal", the millions gave him a duplex in Anthony.
But we shall forgive them both as long as they who claim to be on the side of truth must live it else ,
lETS FIRST CHANGE OURSELVES BEFORE WE THINK OF CHANGING OUR SIBBLINGS, THEN FRIENDS, ETC, It all starts with ourselves. Keyamo be careful, Ibori is powerful in Abuja, yes he has the presidents ear and so he thinks he can stop the NIGER DELTA PROBE, DON'T LET HIM USE YOU FOR BLACKMAIL. The President will someday drop him when he knows Nigerian's don't take the presidency serious. "A Presidency run by a corrupt past governorof Delta State".
Bankole, those who come to equity must come with clean hands. CHANGE THY SELF FIRST, FAMILY--- THEN -- COMMUNITY, Haven forgiven you both, I hope to see some sober reflections and positive changes in the future. GOD BLESS YOU BOTH, PROTECT YOU AND CHANGE YOU POSITIVELY. AMEN
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by sowura(m): 3:45pm On Nov 13, 2008
It is still an allegation. I expect the guy to be a lot careful after the Etteh saga.[quote][/quote]

na wa 4 u o, what have you learnt all tese years, Nigerian politicians dont care about anything except money. they no the usual practice now. steal and be impeached the money still remains in your bank account. i wont be surprised to hear that he has finshed playing his set you know like after set in table tennis. he will be removed another will take over to play his own set. Nigerian politrics na after set
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by thegame(m): 1:13am On Nov 14, 2008
speaking of peugeot or no peugeot, what happened to accords and camries which would prolly cost less and perform better the peugeots.
it will also be better maintained.let's face it, ordering peugeots was partly a way of scamming.
6.1 mil for one unit
what happened to HONDA PLACE ??
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Tonim(f): 5:07am On Nov 14, 2008
[size=14pt]I Was Commissioned to Nail Bankole - Umar Farouk[/size]

http://www.independentngonline.com/news/head/article01

A human right activist, Umar Farouk, alleged on Thursday that a member of the House of Representatives, Independence Ogunewe (PDP, Imo), commissioned him with N1 million to initiate the sack of the House Speaker, Dimeji Bankole, over the controversial N2.3 billion vehicles purchase for members.

Appearing before the House Committee on Ethics and Privileges investigating the allegation of fraud involved in the said purchase, Farouk said Ogunewe had contacted him for the job through his friend, with an initial payment of N200,000.

He said he decided to own up after realising that the agitation by Ogunewe and four of his colleagues was borne out of selfishness.

The names of Ogunewe's accomplices, according to him are Festus Adegoke (PDP, Oyo), Gbenga Oduwaiye (PDP, Ogun), Kayode Amusan (PDP, Ogun) and Solomon Awhinawhin (PDP, Delta).

While the various meetings for the execution of the agenda lasted, Farouk said, Ogunewe informed participants that an unnamed state governor was behind the plot to unseat the Speaker.

In a telephone interview, Ogunnewe, explained that he was not in Abuja, and was not in position to comment on the matter at the moment.

He said "I'm in my country home and I don't know what is happening in Abuja except what you have just told me. I am aware of it now and I will make enquiry".

He failed to defend Farouk's claims, reiterating that he would react to the claims when he is back in town.

"I need to know the journalist talking to me before saying anything. I am in my village. I am not in Abuja," he continued when he called back.

The House committee probe followed a letter of complaint Lagos lawyer, Festus Keyamo, wrote to Bankole alleging fraud in the transaction.

According to Farouk, "at the resumption of the meeting at his (Ogunewe's) house in the evening, they gave me the sum of N200,000 to rally support of

the pro-democracy groups, organise press conference calling for the immediate resignation of the Speaker and also print 'Bankole Must Go' leaflets for

the purpose of circulation within strategic areas of Abuja in order to generate sympathy from the general public against the Speaker and by extension

the entire House leadership
."
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Kobojunkie: 4:15pm On Nov 14, 2008
How convenient of him . . . roflmao!!!
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by Jaytee67(m): 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2008
Quote from: QuotaSyste on October 27, 2008, 10:47 PM
Ewu awusa, why shouldn't i? Since you are quick to jump into conclusion that the rape was perpetrated by the freedom fighters, and at the same time was asking for your bankole's case to be investigated beofre your conclusion on his evil act which is rape against all nigerians.
Ewu, i have not seen where it was said that the rape in the creek was carried out by the freedom fighters, rather you came to this forum to start your masturbation that it was carried out by the freedom fighters without any atom of evidence. Until the it's proven that the rape was carried out by the freedom fighters, you should first shuut up your dirty stinking amala mouth make we hear word.

I think you are mentally sick.

I don't think anyone reasonable should engage this quotasyste or what is he called in any conversation. He seems to be an angry tribalist. He is not even worth to be on a forum for Nigerians because he is not one. Maybe, he should create a forum where himself and his fellow tribalists can be discussing.
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by slaughter(m): 10:33pm On Nov 16, 2008
smileyThere is only one way out of this curruption issue at least to reduce it to the bearest minimum, the only way out as far as i am concerned is to design our own home base political structure,i will suggest we have only 2 polical parties and each having leadership training school centre all over the countries with seasoned doctors and professors as lecturers such that b4 u can become the councellor  of a ward u must under compulsion past through this school whose calender should run 4 aminimum of 3 years from where they i.e aspiring politician will learn from the dons on  how to govern,the reason to govern e.t.c cry
Re: Speaker Bankole Is More Corrupt Than Patricia Etteh - Keyamo by ajiriavae(f): 9:34pm On Nov 19, 2008
thegame, whether we like it or not, peugots are assembled in nigeria. hondas and toyotas are not. at least that way, most of the money will remain in the nigerian economy, unlike if it was a wholely foriegn brand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rep Slaps Security Man At National Assembly / N5000 Note: Protesters Storm CBN / Navy Kills 13 Militants In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.