Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:32 AM

'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' (3697 Views)

What A Husband Needs From A Wife Is Never Sex / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best / "My Wife Wears Sexy Dresses..but Wouldn't Let Me Touch Her" A Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by zboyd: 11:18pm On Sep 01, 2014
Why are so many women, who go to church year after year, praying to God to bring them a man worthy of marriage, still without husbands?

One of the best kept 'secrets' in Christendom is how predatory pastors and their minions, in some churches, profit from the labor and money of single women who harbor a fear of never marrying.

On any given Sunday (or Saturday), the pews of churches are filled with women -- with or without kids -- married and unmarried -- divorced and widowed. In some churches women greatly outnumber men. And sadly, for single women looking to marry, the chances of getting married get slimmer and slimmer as women grow older and older, doubly so, if children are involved.

While some women, in general, are socially conditioned to go to church, many single women attend church, because they have been brainwashed into believing that, if they're faithful enough and profess love of God with all their being, He will send them a worthy man to marry.

And who taught them these beliefs? The Robe-Clad Ones standing in the pulpit. That's who!

Some of these Robe-Clad Ones are rotten apples that have tapped into a seemingly never-ending source to enrich themselves and exploit, in the form of desperate, unmarried women, fearful of remaining unmarried and never experiencing motherhood as married women.

But, how do these greedy ones do it?

Below, are some of the most common ways the Robe-Clad Ones manipulate single women:

First, they prey on one of single women's greatest fears -- remaining unmarried and childless -- facing life alone -- knowing quite well how many societies looks down on women who remain single after their 20's and treats them as lesser humans.

Second, they make single women believe that they (the Robe-Clad Ones) are their biggest cheerleaders. They urge single women to view the church their sanctuary, a safe port in the storm of life, the only social network they will ever need and, warn them that stepping out into the secular world will risk their salvation.

Third, they counsel single women to keep themselves 'pure' for their future husbands, pray faithfully every night and wait on God to send them the man of their dreams -- the one He has chosen for them to marry.

Fourth, They cunningly convince single women that the more they do God's work, the more 'seeds they sow', the more blessings they will receive, specifically, the blessing of a man worthy enough to marry and end their singleness. And some women fall for it, working their hearts out in the church and generously donating money they can ill-afford, even when they have bills to pay and children to feed and clothe.

And what have these devout sisters received for all their hard work, nightly praying and the sowing of countless seeds?

NO HUSBANDS!

Other single women are even s-xually exploited by some of the Robe-Clad Ones and their pastoral and ministerial staff, in the guise of 'counseling sessions', sometimes involving 'instructive' teachings on how to please their new husbands s-xually and keep them happy. In reality, these master manipulators are only interested in pleasing themselves and are abusing their positions as church leaders.

Even more disturbing are those Robe-Clad Ones who prey on single mothers with children, and are nothing more than undercover cradle robbers who befriend the mothers, so as to groom these little ones and s-xually exploit them to satisfy their sick desires.

Believe it or not, some churches are well-aware of their pastors' shameful proclivities and will protect and defend them, particularly if a woman insists on pressing charges, regarding s-xual impropriety on the pastor's part. Such an action almost always turns the church against the woman, gets her kicked out and permanently mars her reputation in the community. Any defense or distress on her part falls on deaf ears. In the congregants' minds, no amount of defense or distress can make up for a shameless hussy besmirching the name of one of God's Anointed, even if she's telling the truth.

Unbelievably, when some of these Robe-Clad Ones are caught, they have the nerve to blame it on the woman whom they accuse of being a Daughter of Eve, a Jezebel, the Devil's Handmaiden, a Wicked Sorceress who bewitched them, like the biblical Eve, who was seduced by the Snake in the Garden Of Eden and persuaded Adam to sin, bringing about the Fall of Man. Yet, most Robe-Clad Ones aren't naïve, or stupid. They are well aware of the women, single and married who are infatuated with them and some will use this knowledge to financially and s-xually exploit them.

As for the women who fancy themselves 'in love' with these wolves in sheep's clothing, choose to frolic in the fields with them and worship them like demi-gods, they also risk discovery, shaming, banishment and loss of reputation from the church and community too, especially if they are married with kids.

In the meantime, the Robe-Clad Ones are laughing all the way to the bank, patting themselves on the back, deeming desperate, single women easy prey, easily duped, weak and foolish...the perfect prey.

In some churches, you have single women in their 30s, 40s, 50s and beyond who took vows of chastity, promising to keep themselves 'pure' (or so they claim) for their future husbands.

And what has staying 'pure' gained them?

NO HUSBANDS!

Some pastors have even resorted to passing out prayers to lonely single women, like the one below.

God Send Me A Husband

"Lord, I pray today that you connect me to my mate. Whatever obstacles that are preventing us from meeting, I pray that it's removed from our path I pray that our paths to each other are shortened and connected.

I pray that God send him into my life now. I pray that he's faithful, loving, generous of spirit and loving toward me, spiritual. I pray that he is faithful and caring. I pray that he would be a great man of God, and that he would love my daughter as if she was his own daughter. I pray that he would protect her, and will not bring any harm to her.

I pray that he would be the missing part in my life. God, marriage is a good thing. Let my husband find me. Let our paths cross in my everyday life. Let him find me. In Jesus's holy and precious name I do pray. AMEN."

And what have such prayers gained single women looking to marry?

NO HUSBANDS!

How long will single women wither on the vine of singlehood, never experiencing true love and intimacy with a man that fits them perfectly?

How long will they continue to wait for God to send them a man -- a lifetime?

How long will they wait for a man, worthy of being called husband, to magically appear on their doorstep -- a blessing from God -- forever and a day?

Maybe other avenues should be explored, in this matter.

If single women are fed up and frustrated about not being married, maybe they should take their future desires into their own hands and be more proactive, by availing themselves of all the secular means of meeting good marriageable men.

It's said that God helps those who help themselves.

Of course, they can always continue to work their hearts out in the church, pray faithfully every night and continue to sow seeds, in return for the blessing of a God-sent man to marry, while watching the best years of their lives pass them by.

Copyright © 2014 zboyd

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by JEITO: 12:40am On Sep 02, 2014
Guy shut your atheistic mouth up. You should concern yourself with what people like you believe in and stop dabbling in what doesn't concern you angry

10 Likes

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by SAMBARRY: 1:47am On Sep 02, 2014
JEITO: Guy shut your atheistic mouth up. You should concern yourself with what people like you believe in and stop dabbling in what doesn't concern you angry
well said. Can we now see the next reasonable thread
Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by gidjah(m): 1:56am On Sep 02, 2014
DEVILISH WRITE UP FROM AN ATHEIST.are u married?what sex are u sef?what religion do u practice?do u believe what you are told to always practice by your holy books?

1 Like

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by Nobody: 2:23am On Sep 02, 2014
Three foolish fools above me lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by gidjah(m): 3:40am On Sep 02, 2014
BananaBender: Three foolish fools above me lipsrsealed
JUST LIK YOURNAME,YOUHAVE ACTUALLYGONE BANANAS!ur reply to a post thats not your shows it! NABAL spoke foolishly in d bible just like u(1sam25;25)[i know you are another carnal churchgoer or simply an angry foolish man at God Who DoEs Not Know How God Works].so for u to generalise shows u r a one eyed man among many blind people!

4 Likes

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by Nobody: 3:53am On Sep 02, 2014
gidjah: JUST LIK YOURNAME,YOUHAVE ACTUALLYGONE BANANAS!ur reply to a post thats not your shows it! NABAL spoke foolishly in d bible just like u(1sam25;25)[i know you are another carnal churchgoer or simply an angry foolish man at God Who DoEs Not Know How God Works].so for u to generalise shows u r a one eyed man among many blind people!

You are [size=13pt]F-O-O-L-I-S-H!![/size]

1 Like

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by Truckpusher(m): 4:19am On Sep 02, 2014
gidjah: JUST LIK YOURNAME,YOUHAVE ACTUALLYGONE BANANAS!ur reply to a post thats not your shows it! NABAL spoke foolishly in d bible just like u(1sam25;25)[i know you are another carnal churchgoer or simply an angry foolish man at God Who DoEs Not Know How God Works].so for u to generalise shows u r a one eyed man among many blind people!
She has a puccy cheesy
Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by Laird(m): 4:33am On Sep 02, 2014
FAITH WORKS WITH WORKS(ACTION) and without faith it is impossible to please GOD.
YOUR WORKS ARE PART OF YOUR FAITH.
A MAN THAT WANTS FRIENDS MUST SHOW HIMSELF FRIENDLY. ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE.
A WOMAN THAT WANTS FRIENDS MUST SHOW HER SELF FRIENDLY.

A SPIRITUAL PERSON SHOULD WORK ON THEIR CHARACTER ,BE FRIENDLY AND APPROACHABLE, COURTEOUS, RESPECTFUL AND POLITE TO PROSPECTIVE SUITORS AND SHOULD NOT SAY NO WHEN THEY WANT TO SAY YES BECAUSE THE BIBLE SAYS LET YOUR YES BE YES AND YOUR NO BE NO.
IF YOU LIKE A PERSON, BE STRAIGHTFORWARD
AND GET TO KNOW THE PERSON AND DONT SAY NO WHEN YOU MEAN YES ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES.

GOD RESPONDS TO YOUR FAITH AND WORKS WHICH INCLUDE OBEYING HIS WORD.
SAYING NO WHEN YOU WANT TO SAY YES IS NOT FAITH AND IS NOT INLINE WITH THE WORD OF GOD AND GOD CANNOT FO OR DO OUTSIDE HIS WORD

ALSO PEOPLE SHOULD WORK ON THEIR CHARACTERS MANNERS AND ATTITUDES AS CHRISTIANS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by zboyd: 6:11am On Sep 02, 2014
JEITO: Guy shut your atheistic mouth up. You should concern yourself with what people like you believe in and stop dabbling in what doesn't concern you angry

WHOA!!!

First, I'm a lady - not a guy and I really don't appreciate you telling me to shut up. How rude!

Second, I'm a Christian, not an atheist.

Third, since, as a woman, growing up in the Baptist church, I was also taught the same thing. I am also quite familiar with the manipulative and immoral behavior of shameless pastors and their equally shameless cohorts, when it comes to playing mind games with women to get into their pocketbooks AND their panties.

Fourth, when I WAS single, I NEVER believed God was going to send me a husband and NEVER prayed to Him to send me one.

Fifth, I don't take orders from some faceless entity on an online forum and, wherever I choose to 'dabble', I will do so, just like you chose to respond to my post.

Lastly, your reaction is very curious - hostile even.

Did I hit a nerve?

Is the truth about the predatory nature of some pastors and their minions cutting too close to the bone?

There are NO lies being told here...just some ugly truths some have chosen to sweep under the rug.

With some issues, silence is not golden.

4 Likes

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by MisterLongman(m): 6:18am On Sep 02, 2014
Whoever is looking for a husband should stop searching for mr. Right and start being mrs.right... Though niggas of nowadays ain't really committed hence most women are wary of them especially the experienced one.... Above all, getting married is not the most important, staying married is.
Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by zboyd: 6:25am On Sep 02, 2014
gidjah: DEVILISH WRITE UP FROM AN ATHEIST.are u married?what sex are u sef?what religion do u practice?do u believe what you are told to always practice by your holy books?

What's devilish about airing dirty laundry and exposing the truth about the behavior of some predatory jackals who call themselves pastors, deacons, etc. and go about exploiting women for s-ex and money, in the name of religion?

As for the rest...

I'm female, married, have 4 kiddos (3 girls, 1 boy) and am a practicing Christian. I think for myself and discern for myself, rather than have someone spoon feed me what they want me to think, via their interpretation of a holy book or any other book designed to control my mind.

2 Likes

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by Nobody: 6:43am On Sep 02, 2014
Truckpusher: She has a puccy cheesy

Nope! Don't assume I have a puccy just because I have boobz.

3 Likes

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by pickabeau1: 9:44am On Sep 02, 2014
Some of the points raised in your post are facts however while highlighting the priblems, you are silent on a solution or a way forward
Your premise is that being religious will not help your desire to be married.

Can you provide statistics to back up your claim?

You are discarding the relevance of being chaste as being 'pure' is deemed to be wasteful venture

You mention secular means of gettig husbands.. can you talk on them

I notice you are silent on what the women bring to a marriage but rather assume that single women just need to show up to be marraigeable and that those in church are doing something wrong.

zboyd:

In some churches, you have single women in their 30s, 40s, 50s and beyond who took vows of chastity, promising to keep themselves 'pure' (or so they claim) for their future husbands.

And what has staying 'pure' gained them?

NO HUSBANDS!

Some pastors have even resorted to passing out prayers to lonely single women, like the one below.

NO HUSBANDS!

How long will single women wither on the vine of singlehood, never experiencing true love and intimacy with a man that fits them perfectly?

How long will they continue to wait for God to send them a man -- a lifetime?

How long will they wait for a man, worthy of being called husband, to magically appear on their doorstep -- a blessing from God -- forever and a day?

Maybe other avenues should be explored, in this matter.

If single women are fed up and frustrated about not being married, maybe they should take their future desires into their own hands and be more proactive, by availing themselves of all the secular means of meeting good marriageable men.

It's said that God helps those who help themselves.

Of course, they can always continue to work their hearts out in the church, pray faithfully every night and continue to sow seeds, in return for the blessing of a God-sent man to marry, while watching the best years of their lives pass them by.

Copyright © 2014 zboyd

3 Likes

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by coogar: 9:50am On Sep 02, 2014
another weird thread from zboyd!

she just can't stop with her ridiculous hubby/wifey threads. if women can't use their common sense & apply the intelligence they have garnered throughout their formal education then they deserve to be brainwashed & manipulated.

3 Likes

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by ahnie: 10:03am On Sep 02, 2014
The rascals,trust them to be sprewing gibberish.Even the awon folo folo are not left out.changing sobriquet like undies.

1 Like

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by gidjah(m): 11:16am On Sep 02, 2014
I'm female, married, have 4 kiddos (3 girls, 1 boy) and am a practicing Christian. I think for myself and discern for myself, rather than have someone spoon feed me what they want me to think, via their interpretation of a holy book or any other book designed to control my mind.

[/quote]I can authoritatively tell u that ur sense of judgement came from the kind of church u attend.if u attend a true bible allround, balanced believing church,i am so sure ur pastor will not only frown over this dark painting u've got here,he might be tempted to want to chide u bad!do u have answers to d problem of childlesness or marital spouse people go tru?have bin able to manufacture a child or husband/wife to any one person before? IF U HAD BIN ATROUBLE LIKE THIS,AM SO SURE U WON'T like this .

3 Likes

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by JEITO: 11:31am On Sep 02, 2014
zboyd:

WHOA!!!

First, I'm a lady - not a guy and I really don't appreciate you telling me to shut up. How rude!

Second, I'm a Christian, not an atheist.

Third, since, as a woman, growing up in the Baptist church, I was also taught the same thing. I am also quite familiar with the manipulative and immoral behavior of shameless pastors and their equally shameless cohorts, when it comes to playing mind games with women to get into their pocketbooks AND their panties.

Fourth, when I WAS single, I NEVER believed God was going to send me a husband and NEVER prayed to Him to send me one.

Fifth, I don't take orders from some faceless entity on an online forum and, wherever I choose to 'dabble', I will do so, just like you chose to respond to my post.

Lastly, your reaction is very curious - hostile even.

Did I hit a nerve?

Is the truth about the predatory nature of some pastors and their minions cutting too close to the bone?

There are NO lies being told here...just some ugly truths some have chosen to sweep under the rug.

With some issues, silence is not golden.
first, sorry I miss took your gender.

Secondly, you are not a christian: perhaps you grew up in the baptist church because you had no choice being under your parent. But now that you have grown, you have chosen your path...

Thirdly, back your claim with proof; give us names of pastors or churches that you know that do such.

Finally, you don't believe it, doesn't automatically make it wrong...

4 Likes

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 02, 2014
Better they remain single and searching until they finally get what they want than jump into the kind of scary relationship we read about these days.

No husbands because they haven't gotten what they need. So I dont have a problem with where they choose to find their own husbands .

Fear will always present itself but it's not everyone that can handle it. Some of them actually prefers where they are.

1 Like

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by Nobody: 3:45pm On Sep 02, 2014
hmmmm
Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by coogar: 5:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
Chillisauce: Better they remain single and searching until they finally get what they want than jump into the kind of scary relationship we read about these days.

No husbands because they haven't gotten what they need. So I dont have a problem with where they choose to find their own husbands .

Fear will always present itself but it's not everyone that can handle it. Some of them actually prefers where they are.

that's not the issue - my issue is why is it that it's only the women that cry out they have been brainwashed/manipulated into marrying someone they never wanted?

is there juju in our churches? hypnosis? abracadabra or what? when will today's women ever take responsibility for the wrong choices they make in life? i don't see how i can ever be manipulated or deceived to marry a woman i don't connect with.

that's just hard for me to believe.

3 Likes

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by zboyd: 5:47pm On Sep 02, 2014
pickabeau1: Some of the points raised in your post are facts however while highlighting the priblems, you are silent on a solution or a way forward. Your premise is that being religious will not help your desire to be married. Can you provide statistics to back up your claim? You are discarding the relevance of being chaste as being 'pure' is deemed to be wasteful venture. You mention secular means of gettig husbands.. can you talk on them. I notice you are silent on what the women bring to a marriage but rather assume that single women just need to show up to be marraigeable and that those in church are doing something wrong.

The solution to stopping predatory pastors and their minions is simple -- get rid of them -- they are poison to the church.

I have no premises or assumptions. What I have are testimonies from single women in my church and other churches who are fed up with pastors telling them that God is the ultimate matchmaker, as they get older and older. The oldest ones are past childbearing age, still chaste (so they say), still lonely and increasingly bitter. For them, God has not been the ultimate matchmaker, as they are still single and childless and, in THEIR minds it WAS wrong for them to believe their pastors who told them that God was going to send them a worthy man to marry.

And...they still have NO HUSBANDS!

Secular means venturing out of the church environment and start joining clubs, social and charitable societies and organizations for singles, volunteering, etc., so as to meet marriageable men. If no such organizations exist, then start one. Sometimes, relocation is necessary.

Marriages are like snowflakes -- no two are alike -- or work alike. What works in one marriage may not work in another.

Generally, the keys to a healthy marriage are as follows:

Friendship - Love - Intimacy - Individuality - Good Communication & Listening Skills - Fun - Happiness - Willingness To Compromise - Fidelity -Honesty - Courtesy - Respect - Unselfishness - Patience - Affection - Sound Mind & Body - Willingness To Give Each Other Space - Ability to Fight Fair - Empathy - Children - Financial Health - Willingness To Pitch In Around The House

*Statistics don't tell the full story because not all women report their ordeals. They fear retribution, so they keep silent.

Below are links and news articles that provide some insight into what some women endure at the hands of exploitive men:

Re: S-xual Misconduct By Clergy In The U.S.

*Clergy S-xual Misconduct

"Nearly 15% percent of US ministers have admitted experiencing s-xual attraction on a daily basis toward those to whom they minister and 21% admit to a weekly attraction. That is approximately 120,000 ministers who deal with lust on a weekly basis and not simply lust on the street, but sexual attraction to counselees and parishioners, people who generally have their guards down, who may have affectionate feelings for the pastor, who being in a lustful frame of mind, may misinterpret that affection for passion. Clergy s-xual misconduct knows no denominational lines and is a well-documented problem in Protestant churches. The statistics are shocking. There are around 600,000 ministers in the US, meeting the needs of 300,000 Protestant congregations; 94% of churches have a membership between 100-500 members. Ten to fifteen percent of pastors have s-xual contact with someone other than a spouse while in the ministry, over 30 % of ministers engage in s-exual behavior they consider inappropriate and over 15% qualify as functionally addicted to internet pornography.

Furthermore, when clergy s-xual misconduct is discovered in a congregation, seven women, on average, have been victimized. Following the sensational stories profiling the sexual misdeeds of several prominent evangelical pastors in the 1980s and 1990s, often lurid stories that just could not be overlooked, a plethora of books and research studies shouted from the rooftops what had been quietly swept under the rug for ages – at the same time, clergy sexual misconduct is a real problem often with dire consequences for the life of clergy marriages and for the life of the local church as well."

Source: Introduction to Clergy Sexual Misconduct: A Systems Approach to Prevention, Intervention, and Oversight
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
*Dispelling Myths: Adult Clergy S-xual Abuse

"...women must stop thinking of their abuser as clergy and a "man of God" but as a man who is a sexual predator. When the predator was manipulating and abusing he was not acting like clergy; therefore, she should not think of him as clergy. When clergy has s-x with a woman and then calls her a "LovePeddler" and the "cause of all his problems", that is not being a man of God. That is a manipulating s-xual predator who is turning the guilt to his victim and away from himself. In many cases the verbal manipulation is not that extreme but it is always there, turning the responsibility over to the woman resulting in the woman feeling dirty and like a seductress. This behavior is very common in s-xual abuse situations, the predator turning the blame to the victim so the victim will feel guilty and in turn stay silent."

Read more: http://educatingtoendabuse.com/id22.html
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
*Clergy S-xual Abuse Awareness & Prevention Day

"Clergy sexual abuse is intolerable. Religious leaders wreak destruction when they abuse their power by treating others as objects of sexual gratification rather than precious ones created in God’s image. They destroy lives of people and congregations who put their trust in their leaders to represent God. And they destroy themselves in the process. Clergy sexual abuse happens in our own congregations, and in the lives of our friends and families, but we do not see it because we have not known to pay attention. May this campaign give people language we need. A s-xualized relationship between a leader and a congregant is not an affair, and it is not private. It is abuse of power, and it affects all of us. No more."—Diana R. Garland, Ph.D., Dean, Baylor School of Social Work; Waco, Texas

Read more: http://www.clergysexualabuseawarenessday.com/endorsements.asp
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
*Poll Says 25% Of Women Have Been S-xually Harassed In Church

"A recent study shows that more than a quarter of Christian women have experienced some for of sexual harassment; one fourth of those polled also said it happened in a church or ministry setting. NationalChristianPoll.com surveyed a number of women on inappropriate behavior they have experienced in the past, such as sexual advances, touching or s-xual contact, suggestive jokes, or glances with s-xual overtones. According the survey, it noted that under the legal definition of s-xual harassment, these inappropriate behaviors need to occur in an employment setting and create either a hostile work environment for the individual enduring the behavior. However, outside the work environment, inappropriate behavior is often referred to as s-xual misconduct. The 25% is speculative, however, because it doesn't account for unreported cases because some women suffer in silence and are afraid to come forth."

Source: streamingfaith.com
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
*S-xual Ethics In The Clergy

"Clergy attending a boundaries training were asked to anonymously answer seven questions about sexual ethics. Some of the findings are the following:
⦁41% of respondents personally know someone who reports being the victim of sexual misconduct by a ministerial leader.
⦁35% of respondents believe that it is morally okay for a single pastor to date one of his/her parishioners.
⦁44% of respondents personally know a clergyperson, including perhaps themselves, who has had s-xual relations with a member, other than their spouse, of his/her congregation."

Read more: http://umc-gbcs.org/faith-in-action/how-prevalent-is-clergy-sexual-misconduct
*Churches, denominations bear responsibility for unethical clergy

"Ministers are responsible for their actions as individuals, sometimes by civil authorities and ultimately by God. But what responsibility, if any, should the local church and the denomination bear for unethical behavior of their pastors and other church ministers? That question is difficult for religious bodies that follow a congregational form of governance that emphasizes the autonomy of the believer and of the local church. That stance has become the primary basis for refusal by many groups, including many Baptist denominations, to compile lists of ministers caught in unethical or immoral behavior, particularly s-xual misconduct."

Read more: http://www.wordandway.org/content/view/3105/53/
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Re: S-xual Misconduct By Clergy In The UK

*Police investigate 169 staff over predatory s-xual behavior

"Police forces are being ordered to face up to corruption by officers who commit s-xual offences against vulnerable women and young people, as figures obtained by the Guardian reveal 169 officers and support staff are under investigation for predatory sexual behaviour. Senior officers from the 43 forces of England and Wales have held a high-level private meeting to address the problem of officers who abuse their position to make inappropriate s-xual advances or carry out s-xual assaults on members of the public, many of whom are victims of crime. The predatory s-xual behaviour of officers, ranging from molestion to voyeurism, was among the issues at the top of the agenda at the meeting in Chester, and forces have been told the service has to tackle the problem as a matter of urgency, the Guardian has been told.

Read more: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/aug/09/police-169-staff-predatory-sexual-behaviour
*Women shun find-a-husband prayers

KENYA - The Nigerian pastor who promised to find husbands for all was a dejected man on Sunday when Nairobi’s single women showed up in hundreds, and not the thousands he expected for his crusade. Pastor Chris Ojigbani immediately blamed the press for his plight. He accused them of misreporting his previous find-a-husband day of prayer which took place at the Kenyatta International Conference Centre in Nairobi last year.

Read more: http://africanculturedirect..com/2013/04/women-shun-find-husband-prayers.html
Pastor Adeboye Sends A Warning To Singles In Marriage

NIGERIA - "Those of you who go to your pastor to pray for you and tell you who to marry if care is not taken, you will become a victim of lies. You are simply lazy. No pastor or prophet should tell you who to marry. They are to pray along with you, counsel and guide you using the Word of God. If you fail to pay the price to hear from God on that matter, you may be deceived. God can use your pastor or a genuine prophet of God to confirm what He had already told you. Many homes have been established on falsehood and that is why things are falling apart and the center can no longer hold. Some pastors are seriously into match-making. They have taken over from the Holy Spirit. Match-making remains God’s prerogative and He has not delegated it to any pastor."

Source: onlinenigeria.com
*Nigerian COZA Abuja Senior Pastor in S-x Scandal

NIGERIA - Barely 48 hours after a former female congregant and worker of the COZA, Ese Walter, confessed to having had an affair with the church’s Senior Pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo, another former female member has come out with claims of her alleged encounter with the pastor in a hotel in Lagos. Ms. Walter had sent social media alight after she alleged in a blog post that she had a week-long sexual relationship with the pastor during his London visit.

Read more: http://dailynewsnigeria.com/2013/08/post-example-5/
*Naked Spinsters In Nigerian Church

A mysterious church with bizarre mode of worship is gaining popularity in Onitsha, Anambra state as many single ladies are flocking to it at night especially on Fridays for weekly prayers to hook-up young men.

According to investigations, the church known as Canaan Land Deliverance Church a.k.a Land of Miracles is located at Oraukwu hall, Fegge Onitsha & operates @ night mostly on weekend, especially on Fridays when they usually perform deliverance night. It was gathered that the owner of the “church” Pastor Ekenechukwu Chukwunyerem is an ex-drug addict, a convicted man. Investigations show that the church forces single girls seeking marriage to strip naked in an open church what they termed “breaking of marriage curses”.

These single ladies who are mostly aged forties & above, before being allowed to participate in d deliverance session are compelled to pay a consultation fee of N50,000:00 & after, miracles fees of N200,000:00 and above, depending on the caliber of husband that the lady is looking for. Those seeking wealthy & international businessmen are charged N200, 000 which will be paid on four installments depending on an individual’s financial capacity. For those seeking for an average wealthy man, you pay 120,000.

Those paying on installment are forced to take oath with the pastor using their menstrual blood which the pastor will collect & keep. If the individual refuses to pay, she will be visited with barrenness or instant death. Further investigation showed that the hallmark of these deliverance sessions is the pastor’s anointing of foreheads & private parts of these ladies proclaiming that any man who comes in contact with them that the Olive oil will glue them together, making them inseparable. The church also is said to have a fantastic prices for other spiritual services they render.

According to a prominent worshipper (a popular Onitsha transporter) who has left the church that people looking for the fruit of the womb are charged fees ranging from N250, 000 & above. While the church charged those looking for house spiritual cleansing is N100, 000 & above which must be preceded by a generous thanksgiving. He also said that those seeking for job are charged N50,000 & above depending on the nature of job. Those for prosperity in business is N100,000& above depending on the business but these are strictly on the condition under an oath that whatever proceeds from such is the property of the church.

Source: allafrica.com / August 20, 2014 UPDATE

1 Like

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by pickabeau1: 6:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
zboyd:

The solution to stopping predatory pastors and their minions is simple -- get rid of them -- they are poison to the church.

I have no premises or assumptions. What I have are testimonies from single women in my church and other churches who are fed up with pastors telling them that God is the ultimate matchmaker, as they get older and older. The oldest ones are past childbearing age, still chaste (so they say), still lonely and increasingly bitter. For them, God has not been the ultimate matchmaker, as they are still single and childless and, in THEIR minds it WAS wrong for them to believe their pastors who told them that God was going to send them a worthy man to marry.

And...they still have NO HUSBANDS!

Your response is quite long but i will endeavour to respond to your comments

You say you have no assumptions and basically report based on peoples accounts however your writeup misses those who actually get husbands

It also does not include the fact that some women are not just marriageable..

Secular means venturing out of the church environment and start joining clubs, social and charitable societies and organizations for singles, volunteering, etc., so as to meet marriageable men. If no such organizations exist, then start one. Sometimes, relocation is necessary.

Marriages are like snowflakes -- no two are alike -- or work alike. What works in one marriage may not work in another.

Generally, the keys to a healthy marriage are as follows:

Friendship - Love - Intimacy - Individuality - Good Communication & Listening Skills - Fun - Happiness - Willingness To Compromise - Fidelity -Honesty - Courtesy - Respect - Unselfishness - Patience - Affection - Sound Mind & Body - Willingness To Give Each Other Space - Ability to Fight Fair - Empathy - Children - Financial Health - Willingness To Pitch In Around The House

*Statistics don't tell the full story because not all women report their ordeals. They fear retribution, so they keep silent.

Below are links and news articles that provide some insight into what some women endure at the hands of exploitive men:

What you have written is not secular but normal element of social interactions
I expect an individual to be well rounded not only spiritually but balanced in all aspects

Any one who is so church centric has issues.

There are manipulators in the church and the aim is to get them out .. we are agreed on that

However saying that the church has no purpose in spousal selection makes you out as an alarmist
Being alarmist is not helping your crusade

1 Like

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by coogar: 6:18pm On Sep 02, 2014
zboyd:
According to investigations, the church known as Canaan Land Deliverance Church a.k.a Land of Miracles is located at Oraukwu hall, Fegge Onitsha & operates @ night mostly on weekend, especially on Fridays when they usually perform deliverance night. It was gathered that the owner of the “church” Pastor Ekenechukwu Chukwunyerem is an ex-drug addict, a convicted man. Investigations show that the church forces single girls seeking marriage to strip nakëd in an open church what they termed “breaking of marriage curses”.

These single ladies who are mostly aged forties & above, before being allowed to participate in d deliverance session are compelled to pay a consultation fee of N50,000:00 & after, miracles fees of N200,000:00 and above, depending on the caliber of husband that the lady is looking for. Those seeking wealthy & international businessmen are charged N200, 000 which will be paid on four installments depending on an individual’s financial capacity. For those seeking for an average wealthy man, you pay 120,000.

Those paying on installment are forced to take oath with the pastor using their menstrual blood which the pastor will collect & keep. If the individual refuses to pay, she will be visited with barrenness or instant death. Further investigation showed that the hallmark of these deliverance sessions is the pastor’s anointing of foreheads & private parts of these ladies proclaiming that any man who comes in contact with them that the Olive oil will glue them together, making them inseparable. The church also is said to have a fantastic prices for other spiritual services they render.

i cannot put that bolded bit beyond nigerian women. they have been gullible ever since lot's wife became a pillar of salt.

i wonder how men looking for wives are never put through such nonsense.
Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by pickabeau1: 6:28pm On Sep 02, 2014
zboyd

What is your opinion on this --- its your post

Pastor Adeboye Sends A Warning To Singles In Marriage

NIGERIA - "Those of you who go to your pastor to pray for you and tell you who to marry if care is not taken, you will become a victim of lies. You are simply lazy. No pastor or prophet should tell you who to marry. They are to pray along with you, counsel and guide you using the Word of God. If you fail to pay the price to hear from God on that matter, you may be deceived. God can use your pastor or a genuine prophet of God to confirm what He had already told you. Many homes have been established on falsehood and that is why things are falling apart and the center can no longer hold. Some pastors are seriously into match-making. They have taken over from the Holy Spirit. Match-making remains God’s prerogative and He has not delegated it to any pastor."

1 Like

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by Nobody: 6:40pm On Sep 02, 2014
coogar:

that's not the issue - my issue is why is it that it's only the women that cry out they have been brainwashed/manipulated into marrying someone they never wanted?

is there juju in our churches? hypnosis? abracadabra or what? when will today's women ever take responsibility for the wrong choices they make in life? i don't see how i can ever be manipulated or deceived to marry a woman i don't connect with.

that's just hard for me to believe.

You are right, men don't cry out because they suppress it and it manifests in beating up their wives, cheating even killing the said wife etc.
You are different cos you got your own principles and make sure you follow it.
In Nigerian society, pressure put on men involves making money. While the woman is believed to be a wife which Is to support the husband . You can see from our very own nairaland waiting for the heads to which their minds believe they are the neck. So imagine the headless being walking around aimlessly looking for the "head" grin whom they will turn.
Letme not derail, the society is too judgmental. A man struggles to make ends meet, people cursing him out, not calling him man enough blah blah blah. A woman not married, they cuss out too.

I have an aunt whom her husband is a stay at home dad. He does biz by the side but most of the money for property, feeding everything comes from the woman. The mans family has rejected him (saying he is not man enough) but always goes behind to ask him for funds. Very funny society .

Until we as an individual say what you want for yourself, nothing is gonna be done.

1 Like

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by Nobody: 6:50pm On Sep 02, 2014
Yes @op is right.

Go to d singles meetings in any pentecostal and maryleague meetings in catholics churches.
It is so bad that pastors and priests will even tell the ladies not to depart from faith(meaning they must marry from their church), meanwhile d guys can bring in ladies from other faith(see the myopic reasoning)

Assuming most ladies heed to this instructions, I tell u, majority of us will die single.

Who is fooling who?
Ladies r told to sow more, participate more in church activities cos guys will see them and churchoeus and god fearing.
no wonder after two yrs of marriage, u will still run back to ur reverend to tell him ur wife has really changed.
Did she really change or were we superficial in our selection?

And yes, single ladies do pay heavily in churches more than single men.

Infact, any church that can attract single ladies and barren women will become an instant hit.

Truth hurts

1 Like

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by zboyd: 6:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
JEITO: first, sorry I miss took your gender.

Secondly, you are not a christian: perhaps you grew up in the baptist church because you had no choice being under your parent. But now that you have grown, you have chosen your path...

Thirdly, back your claim with proof; give us names of pastors or churches that you know that do such.

Finally, you don't believe it, doesn't automatically make it wrong...

First, who are YOU to determine who is a Christian or not? You possess no such discernment. Neither are you a mind reader. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else. You can continue to believe I'm an atheist 'til the cows come home. Your opinion -- and you're welcome to it.

Second, I've posted a long page of proof. If you desire more, Google is your friend.

Third, when it really comes down to it, doesn't matter what I believe. It's what the women who are still waiting on God to send them a worthy man to marry believe...and some are in mutinous state.

Do you blame them?

I don't!

1 Like

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by zboyd: 7:02pm On Sep 02, 2014
pickabeau1: zboyd...What is your opinion on this --- its your post

Different views are fine.

However, women are withering on the vine in their 30s, 40s, 50s and beyond waiting for God -- The Matchmaker to send them a man to marry.

To date -- they still have NO HUSBANDS!!!

At this rate, they may die virgins -- unmarried and childless -- not a grandchild in sight.
Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by JEITO: 7:10pm On Sep 02, 2014
zboyd:

First, who are YOU to determine who is a Christian or not? You possess no such discernment. Neither are you a mind reader. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone else. You can continue to believe I'm an atheist 'til the cows come home. Your opinion -- and you're welcome to it.

Second, I've posted a long page of proof. If you desire more, Google is your friend.

Third, when it really comes down to it, doesn't matter what I believe. It's what the women who are still waiting on God to send them a worthy man to marry believe...and some are in mutinous state.

Do you blame them?

I don't!

so sorry ma! Guess I was a bit excessive and conclusive. My bad...
Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by zboyd: 7:27pm On Sep 02, 2014
pickabeau1:

Your response is quite long but i will endeavour to respond to your comments. You say you have no assumptions and basically report based on peoples accounts however your writeup misses those who actually get husbands. It also does not include the fact that some women are not just marriageable...What you have written is not secular but normal element of social interactionsI expect an individual to be well rounded not only spiritually but balanced in all aspects. Any one who is so church centric has issues. There are manipulators in the church and the aim is to get them out .. we are agreed on that. However saying that the church has no purpose in spousal selection makes you out as an alarmist
Being alarmist is not helping your crusade

Married women aren't the subject here. Why would they be?

If you want the true gist of something, go to the horse's mouth.

Some single women believed their pastors, when he told them to pray and wait for God to send them their future husbands...so they keep waiting...as the years keep marching by.

And...may I remind you that some men aren't marriage material either which some unfortunate women discover, only after they marry them.

As far as the secular world being a normal element of social interactions, I somewhat disagree.

Some Evangelical churches have such a tight hold on their congregants that the pastors control what they wear, what they read, what they listen to, where they can go, who they can socialize with AND who they can marry.

1 Like

Re: 'Dear God, Send Me A Husband' by coogar: 9:20pm On Sep 02, 2014
Chillisauce:
You are right, men don't cry out because they suppress it and it manifests in beating up their wives, cheating even killing the said wife etc.
You are different cos you got your own principles and make sure you follow it.

i actually believe men don't cry cos he cannot be manipulated into marrying who he doesn't want in the first place. if the pressure gets too much, he would leave the church & find another. na naija women dey carry church & pastor for head so much that anything he says is seen as the speech of their maker.

In Nigerian society, pressure put on men involves making money. While the woman is believed to be a wife which Is to support the husband . You can see from our very own nairaland waiting for the heads to which their minds believe they are the neck. So imagine the headless being walking around aimlessly looking for the "head" grin whom they will turn.
Letme not derail, the society is too judgmental.

so the nigerian society pressure the man to make money & pressure the woman to find a husband? so how come naija men don't scream out they have been manipulated to make money like the women are screaming they were manipulated to marry?

in this day & age, any woman that falls for such tricks fully deserve it. if she's college-educated, she even deserves it in multiples of 50. it's not written anywhere in the bible that a pastor can choose groom or bride for anyone. i can't remember one incident of christ choosing a husband for anyone.

A man struggles to make ends meet, people cursing him out, not calling him man enough blah blah blah. A woman not married, they cuss out too.

people must be idle there to be listening to such chitchats - when people stop listening, rumour merchants would put their mouths elsewhere. who cares about who's married & who isn't? so the pressure is what's making ladies in their 30s & 40s to strip in church cos they are looking for husbands?

such women should be put in prison for gross stüpidity!

I have an aunt whom her husband is a stay at home dad. He does biz by the side but most of the money for property, feeding everything comes from the woman. The mans family has rejected him (saying he is not man enough) but always goes behind to ask him for funds. Very funny society .

why is he listening to them? family rejection? lolololol. less responsibilities to worry about. grin

Until we as an individual say what you want for yourself, nothing is gonna be done.

i think naija men are faring better in this than the women. not everyone would marry. some people are naturally not suited for marriage. some people are naturally not suited to even raise children cos they are kids themselves. the society will always have this kinda people & people should respect that instead of forcing every tom, dïck & harry into marriage.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advise Please! My Friend's New Wife From Nigeria Is Tearing Us Apart! / . / What Will You Do, If You Discover You Were A Twin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.