Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

"ROMANTIC" The Biggest Trap Ever!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / "ROMANTIC" The Biggest Trap Ever!! (1299 Views)

Is This What Girls In White Garments Now Use To Trap Men? (PICTURES) / What Is The Biggest Amount You Have Given A Girl You Dated Or Flirted With? / Do Guys Try To Trap Women With Pregnancies Too? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"ROMANTIC" The Biggest Trap Ever!! by andysnoopy(m): 3:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
I have been thinking about this a lot and i have concluded that Maybe they are right, maybe I am not a Romantic man. Off late i have been getting what i should call "Blackmailing" from ladies about how unromantic I am. For real though, I have never taken my time to check the true meaning of it and i believe most of the guys here haven't either. We grew up hearing the word romance, romantic and all that and we have been victims of these fancy words for a long time.

So today something happened between a female colleague and I and i decided to check the meaning of the word ROMANTIC. Here are My findings;

ro·man·tic
rōˈmantik,rə-/Submit
adjective
inclined toward or suggestive of the feeling of excitement and mystery associated with love.
"a romantic candlelit dinner"
synonyms: loving, amorous, passionate, tender, affectionate; informallovey-dovey
"he's so romantic"
relating to love, especially in a sentimental or idealized way.
"a romantic comedy"
synonyms: sentimental, mawkish, saccharine, syrupy; More
of, characterized by, or suggestive of an idealized view of reality.
"a romantic attitude toward the past"
synonyms: idyllic, picturesque, fairy-tale; More
antonyms: practical, realistic
of, relating to, or denoting the artistic and literary movement of Romanticism.
"the Romantic tradition"
noun
noun: romantic; plural noun: romantics
a person with romantic beliefs or attitudes.
"I am an incurable romantic"
synonyms: idealist, sentimentalist, romanticist;

Abeg Nairalanders, can anyone tell me how the definition above relates to taking a girl out for lunch, she requested Pizza, I got it for her and she requested that I carry it to the Taxi for her while flinging her pedicured fingers on my face. I got so mad at her effrontery and left both her, the Pizza and headed back to the Office. Few minutes later, I saw her walking in with the Pizza, thinking she would realize her mistake and tell me sorry for the public embarrassment. Guess what she said " You are not romantic at all Andy... Dumping a lady at a restaurant cos of a simple request" she said this where other colleagues are angry angry ... They were staring and some of the guys couldn't believe i could dump the hottest chick in the block.. I guess most of them have been "Romantic to her" cos this is actually my first time of taking her out.

Now for real, I think this "Romantic" thing is one big hoodwink for the Ladies.. they have mastered the art of using it to their absolute benefit and i think it's wrong. Most guys should really check out the meaning of "Romantic" before trying to be. I realized that we have been Mumuing ourselves all these while, while they sit among themselves and laugh at our silliness.. Ohh God!!
Re: "ROMANTIC" The Biggest Trap Ever!! by Tallesty1(m): 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
Hahahahahahahaha.

Nah so d thing vex you?
Re: "ROMANTIC" The Biggest Trap Ever!! by andysnoopy(m): 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2014
The thing pain me no be small...
Re: "ROMANTIC" The Biggest Trap Ever!! by MisterLongman(m): 7:23pm On Sep 02, 2014
Op read up on this interesting article titled Sexploytation www.nairaland.com/1881991/inconvinient-truth-female-psyche-must...... Girls have been wielding their feminist sexuality power on men since the days of eve...
Re: "ROMANTIC" The Biggest Trap Ever!! by andysnoopy(m): 10:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
Hahaha It's crazy.. They know the power of tool.. no be small.
Re: "ROMANTIC" The Biggest Trap Ever!! by Harmonyemerald(f): 11:19pm On Sep 02, 2014
After reading what the op wrote, I had to pause and go through his profile and can't seem to stop laughing. He doesn't understand romance yet all his topics are in the romance section. Na who dey deceive who?
Re: "ROMANTIC" The Biggest Trap Ever!! by badmuch1(m): 12:01pm On Sep 03, 2014
So true!!! Thumbs Up man! I don't know when washing things and buying her expensive things u can only struggle 2 afford has become a part of bin romantic!
Re: "ROMANTIC" The Biggest Trap Ever!! by andysnoopy(m): 10:19am On Sep 07, 2014
Harmonyemerald: After reading what the op wrote, I had to pause and go through his profile and can't seem to stop laughing. He doesn't understand romance yet all his topics are in the romance section. Na who dey deceive who?

Doesn't it make sense to you that i stay here alot because i do not understand the topic? I find it interesting when people write about it though and i try writing about my experiences too but it's a different story out there in the real word.. You see people trying to make you do crazy stuffs on the basis that they expect you to be a Romatic. Okay lemme go check out your profile so it'll be fair play...
Re: "ROMANTIC" The Biggest Trap Ever!! by Harmonyemerald(f): 11:39am On Sep 07, 2014
andysnoopy:

Doesn't it make sense to you that i stay here alot because i do not understand the topic? I find it interesting when people write about it though and i try writing about my experiences too but it's a different story out there in the real word.. You see people trying to make you do crazy stuffs on the basis that they expect you to be a Romatic. Okay lemme go check out your profile so it'll be fair play...

It is not about being romantic, it is just do you care enough to act like a gentleman. If you care about the person in question. I swear you would go above and beyond to make things easy for her and that is what people call being
Romantic
Re: "ROMANTIC" The Biggest Trap Ever!! by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 07, 2014
Harmonyemerald:

It is not about being romantic, it is just do you care enough to act like a gentleman. If you care about the person in question. I swear you would go above and beyond to make things easy for her and that is what people call being
Romantic
i hope you would meet him halfwaƴ?
Re: "ROMANTIC" The Biggest Trap Ever!! by andysnoopy(m): 3:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
Harmonyemerald:

Romantic

Well, read my post again. I was not dating the person, she just threw the word "Romantic" out of no where because i refused her bizarre request. And yes Gentleman is a similar word also lol.. Thanks for bringing it up...
Re: "ROMANTIC" The Biggest Trap Ever!! by Harmonyemerald(f): 10:21pm On Sep 07, 2014
satope1: i hope you would meet him halfwaƴ?

Definitely, it is called being a lady in love
Re: "ROMANTIC" The Biggest Trap Ever!! by Harmonyemerald(f): 10:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
andysnoopy:

Well, read my post again. I was not dating the
person, she just threw the word "Romantic" out of no where because i refused her bizarre request. And yes Gentleman is a similar word also lol.. Thanks for bringing it up...

Well she got it twisted what romantic gesture is all about

(1) (Reply)

Help. She's Cursed To Be A Spinster Forever / ... / Top 8 Reasons Women Cheat – This May Surprise You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.