Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California (67018 Views)

4 Killed In California Shooting Spree / A Kenyan To Be Governor Of California: These Kenyans Na Waa Oh / The People Of California Have Banned Gay Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Wahala90: 11:46am On Sep 03, 2014
iceberylin: Whites being Silly since 10000AC

You made my day!
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by 9inches(m): 11:47am On Sep 03, 2014
MayorofLagos: It means sex will be preceded by a question and answer session.

Boy: do you know what i am getting ready to do you?

Girl: yes!

Boy: are you aware i have an ere.ction?

Boy: do you know what erect pennees do?

Boy: under California statute code 739 section X.X.X, do you consent to be fvckd by this penees?

Boy: to prove intent and consent in the AFFIRMATIVE grab the penees and insert it in your body.

Girl: ok.

cool cool I change my mind about relocating to California! Im going to Utah instead.

^^^ You sir are one sick funny bas7ard! grin This is hilarious.. I'm already visualizing the scenario and I'm dying in laughter. grin grin

By the way are you a lawyer?

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 11:58am On Sep 03, 2014
ebolablast: #taaaaa if konji hold me make I hear say I get time for all Dis question and answer session.. moreover Dis people get stupid laws,come see law wey u no fit put rat trap for ur house except u get hunting permit
read here. http:///Gxzp

It's those silly laws and enforcement that separates first and third worlds.

Yeah we don't whip out our Johnson's and piss away at the nearest wall in public or just lay shat on the ground just anywhere .
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Timijo(m): 12:02pm On Sep 03, 2014
nairalife2013: Women wil not like dis law. They prefare no means yes. Watch out for feminists protest. Meanwhile if dis law was alife when men where men, many of us would have smelled the bars uncountable times!
Point of correction, it is many people like you, not many of us.

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Onyenna(m): 12:11pm On Sep 03, 2014

Boy: under California statute code 739 section X.X.X, do you consent to be fvckd by this penees?

Boy: to prove intent and consent in the AFFIRMATIVE grab the penees and insert it in your body.

cool cool I change my mind about relocating to California! Im going to Utah instead.

GBAM!!!!
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by 14teenK: 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2014
Very crazY law who Cares......we are in 9ja
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by UjSizzle(f): 12:25pm On Sep 03, 2014
experimentist: Ujsizzle... Say yes pls cry

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by InvertedHammer: 12:32pm On Sep 03, 2014
/The law is stupi.d

We have "No means No"

Which one is "Yes means Yes"?

Apparently California lawmakers are running out of useful sensors in their brains...no wonder Arnold Schwarzenegger reffered to them as "girlie men"

\

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by UjSizzle(f): 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2014
Next will be acceptance in writing undecided

2 Likes

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by oweniwe(m): 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2014
na only guys full dis thread o oo o
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by wildikeman(m): 12:52pm On Sep 03, 2014
Rawani: Basically they're saying if a girl does not verbally agree to intimate activity, you cannot assume her smile/silence means she is interested, regardless of if she is high or drunk because that would count as rape_. It's all in a bid to tighten laws against sexual crime and harassment especially in schools. That's my understanding.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by wildikeman(m): 12:54pm On Sep 03, 2014
Then I hope the U.S are overhauling their prison systems...they are going to be a lot of RAPISTS in Jail...
Rawani: Basically they're saying if a girl does not verbally agree to intimate activity, you cannot assume her smile/silence means she is interested, regardless of if she is high or drunk because that would count as rape_. It's all in a bid to tighten laws against sexual crime and harassment especially in schools. That's my understanding.

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by wildikeman(m): 1:06pm On Sep 03, 2014
Dcaliphate: ppl that cant understand this how do expect to pass an aptitude test, go back to sleep joor angry
does this law apply to prostitutes too?
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by wildikeman(m): 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
Dcaliphate: ppl that cant understand this how do expect to pass an aptitude test, go back to sleep joor angry
does this law apply to prostitutes too? And even when a man is about screwing his wife...?
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by DikSin(m): 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
Nctrice: seems like a harsh one to me! In a world where ladies "No" means "Yes" when it has to do with intimacy. they add more salt to injury by saying "silence and or lack of resistance do not count as consent" waaaat?... A saying that is in contrast with the common saying that says "Silence means Consent!" I wonder who sponsor this kind of bill sef!
na Clinton grin
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Rufex07(m): 1:28pm On Sep 03, 2014

grin

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 03, 2014
EnlightenedSoul: Instead of pushing outrageous and relatively unenforceable laws, they should properly enforce the laws we already have in place.

Secondly, if they want to curb ra.pe on campus, they should transfer control from the "campus police" (glorified security personnel) to the local law enforcement. I've talked to a "campus officer" I know, and he expressly stated that his job was to make sure the university never got a bad rap. He was expected to sweep such reports under the rug when studies show that few of these crimes get reported as it is.

I know more than one girl who claims to have been ra.ped. One of them claimed that she'd reported it to the campus police only to be advised against pressing charges. Perhaps this "Yes Means Yes" BC was passed with good intentions, but I don't see it changing anything. I guess we'll see how it goes...
Which state did u attend college? In my former school, the CP were pretty much a class above the average 'security personnel'.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by deols(f): 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2014
solidman59: See this one talking as if she can answer the question if asked. All these "stop it I like it girls" in naija. They want it even more than you. In this case, I prefer Houston, Texas

Sharrap!

I aint any of those girls u know. Nothing pre or post marriage. The law does not apply with me.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
UjSizzle: Next will be acceptance in writing undecided
grin
That would be too cumbersome. It would kill the mojo between the consenting adults grin
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Archimedes9(m): 2:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
I don't even understand d meaning of dis!!!! Any way my yes means yes 2 dis rubbishI don't even understand d meaning of dis!!!! Any way my yes means yes 2 dis rubbishI don't even understand d meaning of dis!!!! Any way my yes means yes 2 dis rubbish
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Tunmi(f): 2:09pm On Sep 03, 2014
I can't believe some people actually said "No means yes". You know that makes you a r.apist or a potential one at that. If he or she does not say yes, go find one who will. Until you hear yes, your hand is available

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Mbediogu(m): 2:19pm On Sep 03, 2014
nairalife2013: Women wil not like dis law. They prefare no means yes. Watch out for feminists protest. Meanwhile if dis law was alife when men where men, many of us would have smelled the bars uncountable times!
angry[quote author=nairalife2013]Women wil not like dis law. They prefare no means yes. Watch out for feminists protest.

I will be ok if this will bring sanity into teenage male - female intimate relationship. My fear is the possibility of pushing more impatient young men into homosexuality. Be that as it may, it will be most welcome in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 03, 2014
Wow! They should also extend this to young girls coerced into p o r n.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 2:34pm On Sep 03, 2014
all4naija: Wow! They should also extend this to young girls coerced into p o r n.
I think the girls in po.rn, for the most part, aren't coerced to do it. They must be at least 18 years old, and here in California, require the male to wear a condom.
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Dayjhihannon01(m): 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2014
Ngwakwe: Other Intelligent Lawmakers are covering all loopholes with unambiguous laws while the ones in Nigeria are impeaching poultry farmers, sharing monies and virtually doing nothing except passing budgets without asking questions.

When are we getting our Judiciary up and running with unambiguous laws covering every issue in life for quick dispensation of justice with stiffer penalties?

Reproductive Organs must verbalise what they want or be kept in-cloths
The whole topic is damn hilarious..kent stop laffin o

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by onoja12: 3:03pm On Sep 03, 2014
PLEASE speak with wisdom,this is a useless law drawn by jobless lawmakers,i would not expect any Nigerian or African lawmaker to waste the countries time with laws like this,this are laws which further aid the gay right movement,a law that empowers women,tell me how come they didn't make the law both ways or don't women ask for sex.what rubbish

Ngwakwe: Other Intelligent Lawmakers are covering all loopholes with unambiguous laws while the ones in Nigeria are impeaching poultry farmers, sharing monies and virtually doing nothing except passing budgets without asking questions.

When are we getting our Judiciary up and running with unambiguous laws covering every issue in life for quick dispensation of justice with stiffer penalties?

Reproductive Organs must verbalise what they want or be kept in-cloths

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by billyG(m): 3:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
which kind uzelss law be that,a tart will even say NO,how will they know she said yes or No,do they need 4 witnesses?make dem no bring that shit come naija oo!
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by Nobody: 3:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
A VERY GOOD AND WELCOME LAW...SO THEREFORE NO MORE EXCUSES WHETHER MALE OR FEMALE !!! angry

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by optimism91(m): 3:47pm On Sep 03, 2014

Which means, that one "YES" is enough. Instead of asking her over and over. Because in the law court, sHe would be ask, "did you say YES OR NO".
Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by amodaade: 4:36pm On Sep 03, 2014
What happens if she says yes and turns around after the act that she did not say so. That means yo must hold recorder

2 Likes

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by anonymous6(f): 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2014
EnlightenedSoul: Instead of pushing outrageous and relatively unenforceable laws, they should properly enforce the laws we already have in place.

Secondly, if they want to curb ra.pe on campus, they should transfer control from the "campus police" (glorified security personnel) to the local law enforcement. I've talked to a "campus officer" I know, and he expressly stated that his job was to make sure the university never got a bad rap. He was expected to sweep such reports under the rug when studies show that few of these crimes get reported as it is.

I know more than one girl who claims to have been ra.ped. One of them claimed that she'd reported it to the campus police only to be advised against pressing charges. Perhaps this "Yes Means Yes" BC was passed with good intentions, but I don't see it changing anything. I guess we'll see how it goes...

c/s 100%

1 Like

Re: ‘yes Means Yes” The New Sex Law Of California by sage2(m): 6:04pm On Sep 03, 2014
Since I have been fvcking naija girls, none have had to say yes to me. A yes from a naija girl is not gonna happen any time soon. It is not in their character.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Putin Launches World's Longest 70 km Underground Rail Line In Russia (Photos) / Biggest US Navy War Games In 40 Years To Prepare For WW3( Pics) / This Is What The World's Biggest Nuclear Bomb Explosion Looks Like (Video, Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.