Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,746 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' (5693 Views)

Excessive Heat Kills A Farmer's Chickens: Pictured / See The Animal This Farmer Caught (pic) / Forget Banking, Become A Farmer! -jim Rogers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by popson1st: 7:46am On Oct 01, 2014
Is your farm as big as Obasanjo farm?
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by miqos02(m): 7:52am On Oct 01, 2014
himkers: I want to take farming to the next level. I need to operate the farm from highly sophisticated office. An office with split AC, TVs, good furnitures, computers and all IT accesories grin....

I shared the idea to my friend, but he gave me the laughing of my life. He said I need to own just a farm House and not an office; but I kinda disagree. Is it wise I go ahead to establish my dream office or do I just manage my yet-to-be established farm the locaL way? smiley
are u a practicing farmer?
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by bayulll01(m): 8:08am On Oct 01, 2014
himkers: I want to take farming to the next level. I need to operate the farm from highly sophisticated office. An office with split AC, TVs, good furnitures, computers and all IT accesories grin....

I shared the idea to my friend, but he gave me the laughing of my life. He said I need to own just a farm House and not an office; but I kinda disagree. Is it wise I go ahead to establish my dream office or do I just manage my yet-to-be established farm the locaL way? smiley
is not an issues if u set ur priority right,why not wait till make a name then u can put up all these ciao
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by tk4rd: 8:21am On Oct 01, 2014
Those farmers that supply Dangote flours wit wheat should have such accessories in their offices
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by Tayeni(m): 8:23am On Oct 01, 2014
felixzo1: all these are not important if you have a small farm . a farm house sound more reasonable. an office is unwanted expense and wil not inprove your out put. farming is a physical job not a mental job.you need machines not office comfort
you are right generally...except where u said farming doesnt require any brain work......why would you say that? we need to start thinking of farming beyond cutlass and hoe...
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by julioralph(m): 8:35am On Oct 01, 2014
Yes u can.
Assuming ur farm is in Ibadan or zaria or awka, uyo etc then u can open a small office in lagos to help market ur biz I think.
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by 100Cents: 9:07am On Oct 01, 2014
himkers: Wow! Very nice inputs. Two Many heads are better than one afterall.

I guess you know nothing about business yet. Do you want to run down ?

You can only sponsor your effizy from excess profit..

I know people who started big in business and later closed shop, re-strategized again and started small.

So better start small because you may never have a second chance if you fail the first time unless your drive is very high..
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by 100Cents: 9:12am On Oct 01, 2014
himkers:

I don't have a complacent mindset. I just want to bring about innovation into the business. I want to bring in a novel method into farming business smiley

Hahaha.

So you now place the cart before the horse ?
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by Tayeni(m): 9:22am On Oct 01, 2014
100Cents:

I guess you know nothing about business yet. Do you want to run down ?

You can only sponsor your effizy from excess profit..

I know people who started big in business and later closed shop, re-strategized again and started small.

So better start small because you may never have a second chance if you fail the first time unless your drive is very high..
The worst type of businessman to lend startup capital to. Putting glamour before profit maximization...

1 Like

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by acorntree(m): 9:44am On Oct 01, 2014
LAX89:

He's a typical Nigerian, that's why he's worrying about comfort first.
the guy love pleasure more than hardwork. what's the benefit of the office and IT gadgets he wants to procure in a farm settlements. Will all those lead to increase in productivity that may increase his profit margin. He is just a pleasure seeker
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 01, 2014
acorntree: the guy love pleasure more than hardwork. what's the benefit of the office and IT gadgets he wants to procure in a farm settlements. Will all those lead to increase in productivity that may increase his profit margin. He is just a pleasure seeker

Don't judge me with just one wrong move undecided

1 Like

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by funshyboi(m): 1:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
How true is this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by tonychristopher: 2:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
For what

Farming is a handson thing not an ac filled office thing and its very profitable

So jettison that office thing for a stable and ranch stuffs
Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
u dont need to ask one more tym...cuz obasanjo is a very good example, even though he iz a CRIMIN--... i dint xay notin.

1 Like

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by coolk(m): 11:14pm On Oct 01, 2014
PGA himkers, do first things first. Establish your farm first then other things will follow in due course

1 Like

Re: Can A Farmer Own A 'white Collared Office?' by timimatics(m): 3:02am On Oct 02, 2014
I knw of a farmer who employs large labour. accountants, economist, engineers, secretary, other farmers, security, communicator e.t.c. d big question is were will they stay, in a farm house or in an office. mind u, a farmer does only plant and harvest crops. bt provides farming solutions. so farming z more dan what people tink it is

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Backyard Cucumber--season 2 / Why You Must Go Into Cassava Farming Now / 3acres Of farm Land For Sale @ 150k/acre With Documents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.