Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? (1231 Views)

Most Ladies Dont Do Love Anymore, What They Do Is Simply Business... / How True Is This, boys Do Love To Be Raped / Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 02, 2014
Time after time - as the heart grows fonder, certain feelings cannot be denied when we come across someone we tend to connect with emotionally on a deeper level.

Whence, there comes the mind, contemplating what the consequences might be over the long-term -

Thereby, putting things into perspective : Is love instinctual or does it germinate in due season ?
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by Danhumprey: 9:44pm On Sep 02, 2014
Love take time to grow! Any 'love at first sight' bullshít is fake and don't last! Love is not instinctual! You say you are inlove with someone you just met,a total stranger probably,that's bullshìt! Real love isn't like that!
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by eunisam: 9:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
love develops like babies develops in the womb
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
Danhumprey: Love take time to grow! Any 'love at first sight' bullshít is fake and don't last! Love is not instinctual! You say you are inlove with someone you just met,a total stranger probably,that's bullshìt! Real love isn't like that!

You make valid points with a lot of sense. However, can you unconsciously develop love for someone you never notice their presence before ?
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by Tallesty1(m): 9:48pm On Sep 02, 2014
I think growing in love is better because it involves maturity. Many of us mistake love to be only a feeling. Thats why when they feel some connection to somebody they automaitcaly assume they are in love. Love to me is a DECISION. When I feel I'm connected to somebody emotionally I will first of all plant the seed of friendship and watch it grow. It is during this time that one will discover the other side of the person. If they are what you can put up with then it's time to make your decision.

1 Like

Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by djeezy(m): 9:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
The love at first sight is just an attraction of the physical beauty. An assessment of the eyes only. As you get closer to the person, the loves grows like a grain of mustard seed, growing faster and larger than unwanted weed.

3 Likes

Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by Sanchez01: 9:56pm On Sep 02, 2014
I take my cue from Andrew Marvell's poem, "To His Coy Mistress", where he described his love for the mystery lady as 'vegetable love'... The expression 'Fall in Love' is totally wrong! We don't fall in love, rather, we grow in love. We appreciate beauty, personality, similarities and the differences in others with each passing day. Love takes time, it is not arrived at. One beautiful reason why love is considered ultimate is because it is infinte; we appreciate it more with each day.

Those who fall in love fall out right back, while those who grow in it remain in it. Enough with my fantasies...
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 02, 2014
Love na for people wey nor get work

1 Like

Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by Ezibless: 10:04pm On Sep 02, 2014
To me...

Its the latter
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
Tallesty1: I think growing in love is better because it involves maturity. Many of us mistake love to be only a feeling. Thats why when they feel some connection to somebody they automaitcaly assume they are in love. Love to me is a DECISION. When I feel I'm connected to somebody emotionally I will first of all plant the seed of friendship and watch it grow. It is during that time that one will discover the other side of the person. If they are what you can put up with then it's time to make your decision.

Quite matured, pragmatic and reasonable outlook cool
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by samuelson06(m): 10:16pm On Sep 02, 2014
The point is that people seem to just mix up "LIKE" with "LOVE". They don't just know the difference. You only LIKE somebody at first sight which get you attracted to such a person and not LOVE. Love comes like months later if you are still with this person.
But then the greatest of love is the Agape love
which refer to the self-sacrificing love of God for humanity. It is the type of love found here:
You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love (agapēseis) your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love (agapāte) your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward have you?
—Matthew 5:43-46, RSV "

And this type of love is very rare in our today's world. But without this, what is love then?
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Sep 02, 2014
Sanchez01: I take my cue from Andrew Marvell's poem, "To His Coy Mistress", where he described his love for the mystery lady as 'vegetable love'... The expression 'Fall in Love' is totally wrong! We don't fall in love, rather, we grow in love. We appreciate beauty, personality, similarities and the differences in others with each passing day. Love takes time, it is not arrived at. One beautiful reason why love is considered ultimate is because it is infinte; we appreciate it more with each day.

Those who fall in love fall out right back, while those who grow in it remain in it. Enough with my fantasies...

Sound realistic cheesy
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by dmcdad: 10:36pm On Sep 02, 2014
Danhumprey: Love take time to grow! Any 'love at first sight' bullshít is fake and don't last! Love is not instinctual! You say you are inlove with someone you just met,a total stranger probably,that's bullshìt! Real love isn't like that!
There is nothing like "love at first sight". That is just a misconception a lot of people have. What we have at best is "attraction at first sight". It develops into love as time wears on. That is of course after getting to know the person. For the most part, love is sparked by an intangible value or attribute. So, the fact that a girl is beautiful and a guy is falling like WTH, doesn't mean the guy is actually in love. Love is an intangible feeling and is triggered by mostly the intangibles (those hidden/less-visible features of the person). And sometimes love is just a decision. You decide to love. You dispose yourself of loving that person and it happens that way. There is a stage in marriage (I guess that's where a lot of wrongs happen in families that brings about divorce, separation et al) where those things that triggered or enhanced the love for your spouse becomes completely wiped outta your eyes. You begin to see a lot of negativity in that person. There and then, one just have to discipline and compel oneself to love the person again. You learn to love that person all over again.

Moreso, there is a thin line between love and infatuation. Need I say the vast majority of people are not actually in love but infatuation? If people are actually in love, then there would obviously be far less problems and complications in marriages and relationships today because LOVE CONQUERS ALL

1 Like

Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
Tallesty1: I think growing in love is better because it involves maturity. Many of us mistake love to be only a feeling. Thats why when they feel some connection to somebody they automaitcaly assume they are in love. Love to me is a DECISION. When I feel I'm connected to somebody emotionally I will first of all plant the seed of friendship and watch it grow. It is during that time that one will discover the other side of the person. If they are what you can put up with then it's time to make your decision.
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by MisterLongman(m): 11:17pm On Sep 02, 2014
djeezy: The love at first sight is just an attraction of the physical beauty. An assessment of the eyes only. As you get closer to the person, the loves grows like a grain of mustard seed, growing faster and larger than unwanted weed.
You are so on point bro...... The bottomline is that love at first sight is nothing but infatuation
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by djeezy(m): 7:01am On Sep 03, 2014
MisterLongman: You are so on point bro...... The bottomline is that love at first sight is nothing but infatuation
Yea an infatuation hinged on physical beauty/appearance. You have to know someone before you really love them.

1 Like

Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by marieolae(f): 7:25am On Sep 03, 2014
What I've actually learnt about nigerian guys is that after the second date they begin to believe they are in "love". Most nigerian guys don't actually know the meaning of love. Love is normally a lifetime thing. Its not every fisayo,bolu and yinka that you fall in love with. Love takes time. It normally occurs once or twice in a lifetime. Nigerian guys are misusing this word and it sickens me.

2 Likes

Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by Deshannel(m): 8:05am On Sep 03, 2014
marieolae: What I've actually learnt about nigerian guys is that after the second date they begin to believe they are in "love". Most nigerian guys don't actually know the meaning of love. Love is normally a lifetime thing. Its not every fisayo,bolu and yinka that you fall in love with. Love takes time. It normally occurs once or twice in a lifetime. Nigerian guys are misusing this word and it sickens me.
you're reasoning beyond average IQ level. that's y I followed u.
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by marieolae(f): 8:07am On Sep 03, 2014
Deshannel:
thanks dear
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:12am On Sep 03, 2014
Deshannel:
Yea,I noticed too!
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by onstelly(f): 8:19am On Sep 03, 2014
marieolae: What I've actually learnt about nigerian guys is that after the second date they begin to believe they are in "love". Most nigerian guys don't actually know the meaning of love. Love is normally a lifetime thing. Its not every fisayo,bolu and yinka that you fall in love with. Love takes time. It normally occurs once or twice in a lifetime. Nigerian guys are misusing this word and it sickens me.
Thank you
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 03, 2014
See guys waxing lyrical cheesy cheesy

Love is like babies in the womb

Love is a decision

Love grows like mustard

Love conquers all.
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by dmcdad: 9:15am On Sep 03, 2014
Nigerian guys? Why such exclusivity? FYI it's not about Nigerian guys. It's a general misconception the world over. Nigerian girls are guilty as much. So also the westerners and the rest of the world. My point is; it's not exclusive to Nigerian guys alone, but to people (male and female) round the world.

The concept of love is no longer understood as people are kinda disorientated about what real love is. Today, infatuation and/or like is what looms around. And people even go as far as misinterpreting attraction/lust for love.

Real love is unconditional and sometimes uncomfortable(if you know what I mean). Infact, if I say make I talk about love, today go finish I go still dey on the matter. It's that broad a subject that it can NEVER be fully covered.
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by dmcdad: 9:16am On Sep 03, 2014
andromida: See guys waxing lyrical cheesy cheesy

Love is like babies in the womb

Love is a decision

Love grows like mustard

Love conquers all.
lipsrsealed
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by marieolae(f): 9:18am On Sep 03, 2014
dmcdad:
Nigerian guys? Why such exclusivity? FYI it's not about Nigerian guys. It's a general misconception the world over. Nigerian girls are guilty as much. So also the westerners and the rest of the world. My point is; it's not exclusive to Nigerian guys alone, but to people (male and female) round the world.

The concept of love is no longer understood as people are kinda disorientated about what real love is. Today, infatuation and/or like is what looms around. And people even go as far as misinterpreting attraction/lust for love.

Real love is unconditional and sometimes uncomfortable(if you know what I mean). Infact, if I say make I talk about love, today go finish I go still dey on the matter. It's that broad a subject that it can NEVER be fully covered.
no this is actually me talking from experience. I don't really think its necessary for me to mention this, but I've lived out of nigeria for some years. And I've dated some. And I've come to realise that's it actually only a trend in Nigeria.
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by nicechic(f): 9:34am On Sep 03, 2014
Quite Following
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by dmcdad: 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2014
marieolae: no this is actually me talking from experience. I don't really think its necessary for me to mention this, but I've lived out of nigeria for some years. And I've dated some. And I've come to realise that's it actually only a trend in Nigeria.
My dear, no arguments please, but on this issue, the last thing I would agree to is that it's exclusive to Nigerian men. Do you realise the concept we are talking about here? It's everywhere. I know what I am saying (typing). The problem is that; right from the get go, a vast majority of people have a wrong ideology as to what love really is or entails. Why do you think alot of Nigerian girls per se say love doesn't exist any longer? These people never knew what love was all about all the while and still don't understand the concept of love or loving.

I get where you are going, but I am just trying to let you know that as far as this topic is concerned, people everywhere (Infact, especially the so-called westerners) have got the wrong idea of love. And until people realise what real love or what love really is, then marriages, relationships et al would continue to crumble at alarming rates.
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Sep 03, 2014
dmcdad:
lipsrsealed

What is it?
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by dmcdad: 4:30pm On Sep 03, 2014
andromida:

What is it?
Nothing.
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 03, 2014
dmcdad:
Nothing.

smiley O.K.
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Sep 03, 2014

Am not buying this.
Re: Do Love Happen Outright Or We Tend To Grow In Love ? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 03, 2014
Dmcdad:

around of applause for ya !

(1) (2) (Reply)

Describe Your Current Relationship In One Word. / If Ya Homie Is Dating A Girl You Beeped Would You Tell Him Or No??? / I'm Abt To Suffocate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.