Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Dilemma. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dilemma. (1688 Views)

Dilemma / My Dilemma-can I Find Love Again? / Relationship Dilemma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dilemma. by Richiy(f): 1:22am On Sep 03, 2014
Okay. A friend of mine is in a dilemma and I want to ask the good people of Nairaland to help her out.

In her words...

Before I started dating my boyfriend (Kene), I was already friends with his bestfriend (James).

Now we are dating and Kene feels insecure because of my relationship with the James.

The bestfriend's girlfriend is also a little threatened.

But James I are also business partners and spend some time together doing strictly business.

All attempts to explain the whole thing to Kene is failing as he doesn't see much reason to the explanation.

I love my boyfriend and I don't wanna lose him. What should I do?
Re: Dilemma. by Onlinebizexpert(m): 1:34am On Sep 03, 2014
Re: Dilemma. by MrCork: 1:51am On Sep 03, 2014
Richiy: Okay. A friend of mine is in a dilemma and I want to ask the good people of Nairaland to help her out.

In her words...

Before I started dating my boyfriend (Kene), I was already friends with his bestfriend (James).

Now we are dating and Kene feels insecure because of my relationship with the James.

But James I are also business partners and spend some time together doing strictly business.

All attempts to explain the whole thing to Kene is failing as he doesn't see much reason to the explanation.

....are u light skin? angry

1 Like

Re: Dilemma. by Nobody: 1:58am On Sep 03, 2014
you boyfriend is insecure.....and sadly, there is no point going through life walking on eggshell to satisfy your partner's insecurities.... give him an ultimatum and DROP HIM LIKE HE WAS HOT of he doesnt change his ways.
Re: Dilemma. by Nobody: 2:01am On Sep 03, 2014
Very dicey situation.

Try to explain to him,and make him see reasons.
Re: Dilemma. by Richiy(f): 2:05am On Sep 03, 2014
MrCork:

What does that have to do with anything?
Re: Dilemma. by Richiy(f): 2:06am On Sep 03, 2014
MRbrownJAY: you boyfriend is insecure.....and sadly, there is no point going through life walking on eggshell to satisfy your partner's insecurities.... give him an ultimatum and DROP HIM LIKE HE WAS HOT of he doesnt change his ways.

So there is no place for fighting for a relationship?
Re: Dilemma. by Nobody: 2:15am On Sep 03, 2014
Richiy:

So there is no place for fighting for a relationship?

you CANNOT fight insecurity...... you just CANT. he has to work out his issues by himself and grow out of them. this man should TRUST his lady to act right and not ENFORCE her to live a miserable life just to accommodate his low self essteem.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma. by Richiy(f): 2:23am On Sep 03, 2014
MRbrownJAY:

you CANNOT fight insecurity...... you just CANT. he has to work out his issues by himself and grow out of them. this man should TRUST his lady to act right and not ENFORCE her to live a miserable life just to accommodate his low self essteem.

Your assertion on not fighting insecurity is a quite new and insightful. hmmm.
Re: Dilemma. by Nobody: 2:34am On Sep 03, 2014
^^^ the problem is not HER, its him so why even think of changing?

1 Like

Re: Dilemma. by Tallesty1(m): 6:31am On Sep 03, 2014
The boyfriend doesn't trust his best friend(I think I understand).

How old is the relationship?
Re: Dilemma. by Missmossy(f): 6:42am On Sep 03, 2014
Incessant ranting of an insecure dude!

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma. by dahdah: 6:46am On Sep 03, 2014
ALL IS WELL
Re: Dilemma. by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 03, 2014
For every reaction there must have been an equal action.. Your friend should check her actions. The guy is not insecure. He is just protecting his territory. He may know what the gf is unaware of. Very open communication, constantly building trust, and putting herself in his shoes and acting right is the only solution. How would she feel if the guy also has a girl he constantly has things to do with and the only explanation he gives is that they are just "doing some biz together" ? A biz you don't seem to see or even understand. How would you feel?

Also her explanations to him MAY not be comprehensive enough or don't reflect the realities on ground. She also needs to act sensible and shun unnecessary familiarities with the friend.. Sort the above out and you can now say you have tried. If he is still not changing then i guess you can weigh your options. But at least you know you tried.

Also note. Communication is not just about talking and saying words. Your body language and facial expression consist at least 80 per cent of what effective communication is. She should match her words with visible actions. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma. by Benndted(m): 9:52am On Sep 03, 2014
I believe she loves James more than her BF(Kene) buh if dats not the case she should opt outta dat close relationship she has with James.
She could also show Kene how much she loves him and I think he'll feel better when he realises that.
GoodLuck
Re: Dilemma. by djeezy(m): 9:55am On Sep 03, 2014
MrCork:

Your obsession has gotten out of hand.
Re: Dilemma. by MrCork: 11:28am On Sep 03, 2014
Richiy:

What does that have to do with anything?

...madam...muss u always act like a Nigerian?...answering question wit a question...are u light skin? angry

3 Likes

Re: Dilemma. by Marcelinho(m): 9:50am On Sep 08, 2014
Richiy: Okay. A friend of mine is in a dilemma and I want to ask the good people of Nairaland to help her out.

In her words...

goodluck
Re: Dilemma. by teewai3(m): 10:04am On Sep 08, 2014
TRUST....dats d problem here
kene doesnt trust james
kene doesnt trust his girlfriend
girlfriend doesnt trust herself either

wenever a girl is in relationship,she should always let other guyz no dat she is involve, it tend to create a gap btw them..geting too close wit other guyz make d boyfriend tink otherwise

btw, always do tins dat makes u happy,life is too short
Re: Dilemma. by valmunich(m): 10:07am On Sep 08, 2014
I wonder what you actually wanted us to write
Re: Dilemma. by dechandel(f): 10:22am On Sep 08, 2014
Bestie james.. Friendzoning tinz on point grin
Re: Dilemma. by bknight: 11:15am On Sep 08, 2014
At what stage did Kene find out she was friends with James?

Did he not know of their friendship before dating?
Re: Dilemma. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2014

In her words...

Well I don't think your friend has given Kene enough reason to trust her , even James's girlfriend isn't comfortable with their friendship
Re: Dilemma. by Youngpo413: 2:15pm On May 20, 2015
Friends with benefit!
Re: Dilemma. by Sunnypar(m): 11:56am On Sep 27, 2015
Richiy:
Okay. A friend of mine is in a dilemma and I want to ask the good people of Nairaland to help her out.

In her words...

Its you not your friend.
Re: Dilemma. by Richiy(f): 3:13pm On Sep 27, 2015
Sunnypar:
Its you not your friend.
And how is it part of the matter?
Re: Dilemma. by Spikkylee: 3:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
dechandel:
Bestie james.. Friendzoning tinz on point grin

U read the game like an expert

(1) (Reply)

Tips On How To Sweep A Girl Off Her Feet / Where Is Your No-kiss Area? / Can You Help Your Babe To Carry Her Hand Bag On The Street?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.