Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,691 members, 7,854,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 11:08 AM

Corporal Of Air Force On Corruption In Nigerian Military - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corporal Of Air Force On Corruption In Nigerian Military (838 Views)

Bucket Of Cash Allegedly Recovered From Wife Of Ex-Chief Of Air Staff Was A Lie / We Applied Minimum Force On Shiite Members, Says Nigerian Army / New Head Of Multinational Force On Boko Haram Appointed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corporal Of Air Force On Corruption In Nigerian Military by mikron(m): 11:26pm On Sep 03, 2014
Chris is a Corporal in the Nigerian Air Force, currently serving in Yola, Adamawa State. In his letter below he describes the reality he has to face every day and the losing fight the soldiers have to fight with the corruption in the Nigerian military.
“I write to seek help in exposing our corrupt senior officers. The corruption in the Nigerian military environs is higher than in the political sector. We lack relevant agencies to check the growing trend. The negligence and the nonchalant attitude regarding the welfare of lower ranks will soon spell doom on the security of the Nigerian state.

“In my unit, soldiers live without accommodation. In the little space available, they are being paired up two (2) and three (3) in a room.

“Still, millions are being spent on the gigantic edifice of the Airlodge located near Ribadu Square, Jimeta Yola, which is meant for senior officers. Millions are allocated to the ongoing project of the Air Chief Marshal A. S. Badeh’s golf club (along Jambutu Numan Road, Yola).
“I know that soldiers serving in 37 BSG and 75 STG, Yola (war zones), are not being paid their operational allowances. It is crystal clear to us that the funds are coming from the DHQ Abuja. But the money is diverted to the private pocket of few ‘chosen’ ones. Our colleagues in the Nigerian Army have to endure a similar fate.

“Now, let’s talk about operational efficiency. Nigerian military is too ill-equipped to combat the ravaging insurgency in the North. Forget about what the Defense spokesman is saying from Abuja. Here, it’s visible to the blind and audible to the deaf. In my unit here in Yola, despite the global technological progress, we are still using the Fabrique Nationale rifles that were used in the Biafran War! Meanwhile, the insurgents are carrying advanced weapons. They have light machine guns, new AK-47 rifles, general-purpose machine guns, to mention a few.
“It’s sad to know that, because of the same corruption in the Nigerian military, we don’t have rocket-propelled grenade launchers. All the armoured personnel carriers we use to defend our bases are outdated. Of the two outdated Mi-35M helicopters, one has crashed, and the other one was fired at by the insurgents and grounded in Maiduguri.

“The operation of archaic fighter aircrafts such as Alpha jet and F-7 fighter jet is a waste of taxpayers’ money, ranging from fueling, to armouring it with heavy missiles that are being detonated in an unknown location (best known to the pilots.) I guess it’s a deliberate action by the pilots, or a directive from upper authority.

“Those who are interested in keeping corruption in the Nigerian military regularly embezzle funds at the detriment of ground troops and the Nigeria security state in general.

“Like I’ve said, the unchecked corruption in the Nigerian military and negligence of our leaders towards the well-being of personnel troops will soon have negative consequences on the state of security in Nigeria.”
http://www.naij.com/284295-corruption-nigerian-military.html
Re: Corporal Of Air Force On Corruption In Nigerian Military by Nobody: 12:29am On Sep 04, 2014
Re: Corporal Of Air Force On Corruption In Nigerian Military by Nobody: 1:10am On Sep 04, 2014
Deep allegations there !!!
Re: Corporal Of Air Force On Corruption In Nigerian Military by focus7: 1:57am On Sep 04, 2014
Unfortunately we have a government that doesn't have the capacity to probe any allegation of corruption in his government in in its five years of administrations, every allegation of corruption in Jonathan government has been swept under carpet making it appear as if its an administration that never have a case of corruption thus making corrupt practices rising to high heaven at every sector of his government. An administration that cannot probe the allegations of corruption of the civilians in its system will be definitely incapable to confront the military personel for corruption allegations. This administration is far corrupt than IBB and Abacha administration together. I just fear for corporal as this administration may like sponsor a manhunt again u that will result to a lost of job for u for daring to raising corruption alarm, the song u should be sing is a propaganda promoting false image of a military that is well equip to d world standard and d need to TAN.

2 Likes

Re: Corporal Of Air Force On Corruption In Nigerian Military by onoja12: 1:59am On Sep 04, 2014
Nigeria which way,a great country that once put the west on there toes,has turn to a state of ridicule because of self greed.
what a pity
what a mess
everybody is guilty from the head to the last man in the village
Re: Corporal Of Air Force On Corruption In Nigerian Military by Nobody: 3:55am On Sep 04, 2014
focus7: Unfortunately we have a government that doesn't have the capacity to probe any allegation of corruption in his government in in its five years of administrations, every allegation of corruption in Jonathan government has been swept under carpet making it appear as if its an administration that never have a case of corruption thus making corrupt practices rising to high heaven at every sector of his government. An administration that cannot probe the allegations of corruption of the civilians in its system will be definitely incapable to confront the military personel for corruption allegations. This administration is far corrupt than IBB and Abacha administration together. I just fear for corporal as this administration may like sponsor a manhunt again u that will result to a lost of job for u for daring to raising corruption alarm, the song u should be sing is a propaganda promoting false image of a military that is well equip to d world standard and d need to TAN.
true; u correct
Re: Corporal Of Air Force On Corruption In Nigerian Military by Pangea: 4:08am On Sep 04, 2014
Corruption is not the problem of Nigeria!
-Goodluck Jonathan 2012-
Re: Corporal Of Air Force On Corruption In Nigerian Military by persius555(m): 5:52am On Sep 04, 2014
I am not afraid of what corruption has done to this country, but i am afraid that the president has done nothing to curb this menace that threatens the unity and progress of this country. It is so sad how we have let this cancer alter our sense of nationhood. "Mr president, this times are critical, we definitely cannot continue like this!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

A Comment On Youtube Video 'obama CIA Runs Bokoharam' / Muslim Right Concern And Pastor Ayo Private Jet Case.. / US Blocks Nigeria’s Purchase Of Chinook Helicopters From Israel....why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.