Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,729 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? (38529 Views)

My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / Photos: This Lady Is Looking For Her Father / Is It True That Ladies From Broken Homes Are Not A Good Wife Material? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by msmon(m): 8:28am On Sep 04, 2014
Hey ladies and gentlemen,
I just want to ask what it meant for a lady to be a wife material because this has become a popular statement and excuse from guys nowadays.

I have seen a relationship (i.e courtship) that lasted 3 years and only to break-up because the lady isn't a 'wife material'

I was recently having a conversation with my colleagues on the essence of getting married as a young man, and you what I get. Aside the popular excuse of no job, no money bla bla bla, most ladies are not a 'wife material'.

So, what does it mean to a wife material? How can one determine which lady is a wife material. This a thread where all opinion is welcomed from both male and female.

#notimetoeditpls

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Unionised(m): 8:46am On Sep 04, 2014
Simple...

When you see the MATERIAL she's wearing, then you know.

#this book, I can judge by its cover#

FTC!!!!
#dancing kpalongo#
In line with Nairaland Time Honoured Tradition, permit me to Fool my self small...

Can't believe I made First To Comment.
This weekend go super be dat.

My sincere appreciation goes to God Almighty, my Rock and Shield.

Seun, kudos to you for providing this platform for ordinary people like me.

My dear wife, I know the past few weeks has not been easy, with the constant, relentless attention I've given my phone. No, it was not an extra - marital affair, it was Nairaland. In your bosom will I be contented all the days of my life!

Now look how my hard work has paid off.

Thanks OP for the wonderful topic.

And to those looking on in ENVY, don't worry, YOUR TIME WILL COME!

SHALOM!!!

130 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 9:18am On Sep 04, 2014
All the men that are looking for wife materials, how many of them are husband materials?

@OP, i have no idea what a wife material is but if i can see someone to tell me what a husband material is, maybe i will be able to understand....

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by perry2020(f): 9:33am On Sep 04, 2014
Unionised: Simple...

When you see the MATERIAL she's wearing, then you know.

#this book, I can judge by its cover#
Kai sum ppl and funny comments sha.
Anyways my own opinion of a wife material is
1.a lady who can submit herself(she isn't too proud,neither is she boosy,she doesn't put herself above her husband and family)
2.a very understanding lady(sum one who understands u bcoz d key to a healthy relationship is understanding,when they understand each other some quarrels can be averted).
3.a lady who supports u and completes u(sum ladies have d ideology dat "it's my husbnds responsibility to do everything dats why he is d man"its shouldn't be dis way. a wife should be a helpmate not a liability.(take her out on a date tell her u forgot ur wallet n plead with ha to pay n c her reaction)
4.a god fearing lady
5.a smart lady and a lady who is very resourceful and independent not one who at just dating level is expecting u to buy cream,pad etc f u start now just get ready to do it forever.
6.a lady who knows how to be economical and considerate
7.a lady with good morals,very contented,not much of a gossip bcoz if she is much of a gossip my dear u are in trouble ooo.
8.a lady who knows how to improvise and multi task.
9.a lady with good personal hygiene and keeps her house clean,if she doesn't keep her house clean den how will she keep ur's clean. SHE MUST ALSO CARE FOR HERSELF PHYSICALLY so it won't be a matter of blowing up after marriage and u end up saying my wife is fat and I don't love her.
10.a lady who respect her parents and listen to advice.(if she cant obey her parents forget it she cant obey u. plus if she doesn't listen to advice whats d probability that f she does sum tin wrong and u advise her she would take ur advice and change.
11.a lady who is economical and has a very good saving spirit (this is a very important factor dat a woman must have coz some men spend too much it is d duty of d woman to call her husbnd to caution and try to impact in him d saving spirit incase of raining days)not the woman who spends all her earning on Brazilian hair.
12.a tactful and smart lady that can give her husbnd good advice when he needs it and encouragement
13.a woman who is string spiritually bcoz battles will always come. a woman is d bedrock of her home,it is her prayer that keeps her husband,and kids goin.
14.dis is quite important to some men. IF I WAS A GUY.SHE MUST BE A VERY VERY GOOD COOK COZ I LOVE FOOD AND VERY GOOD FOOD.( VARIETIES OF COOKING SKILLS AND RECIPE)the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. If a lady cooks better for him babes forget ur nigga oo.
15.she MUST be ready to satisfy him sexually(dis is another thing i noticed that drives men away from home when she gives him 2 days in a week roaster AFTER Aff Pay bride price oo. And u expect him not to look out as a young man.
16.a lady who isn't promiscuous(if she starts acting bitchy while dating what's d probability she won't turn into a LovePeddler when u get married, now it's not only men that bring in hiv and stds even women do.
17. A lady who respects u,ur relationship and everything u value including ur parents and siblings.
18.a wife material must be matured aldoe age is just a number sum times,its abt maturity.Good communication is also very necessary.
19.make sure she is fun loving(picnic,games,strolls etc) if not ehennnn ur marriage will be so boring.
20.be a husband material before looking for a wife material.f u ain't a husband material don't expect to have a wife material

Hmmmm talking too much already. this ones are d basic sha,got to look out for all dis in a lady. standards and taste differ it's not compulsory she has all.

183 Likes 41 Shares

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 9:47am On Sep 04, 2014
perry2020: 20.be a husband material before looking for a wife material.f u ain't a husband material don't expect to have a wife material

Hmmmm talking too much alred.dis ones re d basic sha,got to look out for all dis in a lady
19 points and still counting shocked shocked. Okay.
Sorry to bother you but since you know about wife materials, please tell me little about how to be husband materials in other to get these wife materials.... Thank you.

14 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Sagamite(m): 9:53am On Sep 04, 2014
msmon: Hey ladies and gentlemen,
I just want to ask what it meant for a lady to be a wife material because this has become a popular statement and excuse from guys nowadays.

I have seen a relationship (i.e courtship) that lasted 3 years and only to break-up because the lady isn't a 'wife material'

I was recently having a conversation with my colleagues on the essence of getting married as a young man, and you what I get. Aside the popular excuse of no job, no money bla bla bla, most ladies are not a 'wife material'.

So, what does it mean to a wife material? How can one determine which lady is a wife material. This a thread where all opinion is welcomed from both male and female.

#notimetoeditpls

To be frank, I think I am more interested in hearing your logic of why it is important to get married as a young man.

2 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 04, 2014
This is where we get into trouble, trying to box everyone into a corner and assume we all like and must have the same thing. No 2 people in this world have the same finger prints same way no 2 people are totally alike.

This is how some men will go and marry what is defined as a wife material yet 2weeks into the marriage start cheating on her with a non wife material.

People should be bold enough to decide what they want in a partner as long as the partner makes them happy.
Some want women who work some don't. If the man who wants a non working wife now marries a working one because we have told him she is wife material and they start to have conflict same society will shout "what is wrong with him".

I have seen a case where a man dated his babe for years and because his mother said she wasn't wife material as she was career oriented he left and married a material who focused less on career and more on the home. Less than a year he began to complain and lament, the other lady being a go getter was always pushing him to do better and be better at work, always helping him check opportunities etc. The wife he married was content with a certain life style, took care of the home and always made it clean and fresh while the lady he left hardly did house keeping just the basics, the marriage didn't last 3years as good a "wife material" as the wife was as defined by the standards of others that wasn't what he wanted or needed.

You see so many men with the stepford perfect wife yet cheating with a mistress who cannot even hold a candle to their wife, they may not love or desire the women they marry but have them as wifes simply because society has defined them as wives.

There are some basic standards everyone should have eg decency, honesty etc not just for marital relationship but for basic human relationships. That aside every adult should be able to define for themselves what they want in a spouse and not what others say is a good spouse for them.

You see women pretending and struggling to fit into these boxes then immediately the ring and certificates are secure become monsters. A "wife material" who would before marriage wash her brother in laws boxers, who will cook all the delicacies the way mama in law wants it, will now start demanding brother calls her anty and suddenly. Pastor so and so will see a vision of mama being a witch and mama is banned from the house

120 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 04, 2014
This is a valid question and it should be discussed not dismissed. We just spent yesterday discussing a guy with potential and we had 10 pages of contributions.

While wife material means different things to different people, a good discussion would benefit some people - both male and female.

A wife material generally speaking is a woman whom a certain man can build a happy home, family and life with. Someone who can stand by you through good times and bad times and someone who loves and respects you.

However, what one man regards as wife material may not be wife material to another. But let's go ahead and have a good discussion!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by msmon(m): 10:21am On Sep 04, 2014
perry2020:
1.a lady who can submit herself(she isn't too proud,neda is she boosy,she doesn't put herself above her husbnd and family)
2.a very understanding lady(sumone who understands u coz d key to a healthy relationship is understanding,when they understand each other some quarrels can be averted).
3.a lady who supports u and completes u(sum ladies have d ideology dat "it's my husbnds responsibility to do everything dats y e is d man"its shouldn't be dis way.a wife should be a helpmate not a liability.(take her out on a date tell her u forgot ur wallet n plead wif ha to pay n c her reaction)
4.a god fearing lady
5.a smart lady and a lady who is very resourceful and independent not one who at just dating level is expecting u to buy cream,pad etc f u strt now just get redi to do it forever.
7.a lady wif good morals,very contented,not much of a gossip coz f she is much of a gossip my dear u re in trouble ooo.
8.a lady who knows how to improvise and multitask.
9.a lady with gud personal hygiene and keeps her house clean,f she doesn't keep her house clean den how will she keep urs clean.SHE MUST ALSO CARE FOR HERSELF PHYSICALLY so it won't be a matter of blowing up after marriage and u end up saying my wife is fat and I don't love her.
10.a lady who respect her parents and listen to advice.(f she knt obey her parents forget it she knt obey u.plus f she doesn't listen to advice whats d probability that f she does sumtin wrong and u advise her she would take ur advice and change.
11.a lady who is economical and has a very good saving spirit (this is a very important factor dat a woman must have coz some men spend too much it is d duty of d woman to call her husbnd to caution and try to impact in him d saving spirit incase of raining days)not the woman who spends all her earning on Brazilian hair.
12.a tactful and smart lady that can give her husbnd good advice wen he needs it and encouragement
13.a woman who is string spiritually coz battles will always come.a woman is d bedrock of her home,it is her prayer that keeps her husband,and kids goin.
14.dis is quite important to some men.F I WAS A GUY.SHE MUST BE A VERY VERY GOOD COOK COZ I LOVE FOOD AND VERY GOOD FOOD.( VARIETIES OF COOKING SKILLS AND RECIPE)the way to a man's heart is tru ez stomach.f a lady cooks beta for him babes forget ur nigga oo.
15.she MUST be ready to satisfy him sexually(dis is anoda tin j noticed that drives men away from home when she gives him 2 days in a week roaster AFTER Aff Pay bride price oo.n u expect him nt to look out as a young man.
16.a lady who isn't promiscuous(f she starts acting bitchy while dating what's d probability she won't turn into a LovePeddler wen u get married, now it's nt only men that bring in hiv and stds even women do.
17. A lady who respects u,ur relationship and everything u value including ur parents and siblings.
18.a wife material must be matured aldoe age is just a number sum times,its abt maturity.Good communication is also very necessary
19.make sure she is fun loving(picnic,games,strolls etc) if not ehennnn ur.marraige will be so boring.
20.be a husband material before looking for a wife material.f u ain't a husband material don't expect to have a wife material

Hmmmm talking too much alred.dis ones re d basic sha,got to look out for all dis in a lady

Your point are very insightful, informative and educative.
I hope you'd be able to provide answer to this question;
1. How long have u been married? *smile*
2. Who is a husband material?
3. Can one find a wife material with all the attributes u listed?

Looking forward to your response.

8 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by bellong: 10:28am On Sep 04, 2014
This is not a one size fits all situation.

Everyman determines what he wants from a lady and go for it. Mr A's standard is different from Mr B's.

Know what you want and go for it. However, every lady must have some basic skills and qualities before thinking of marriage.

The qualities include but not limited to homeliness, patience, calmness, humility, temperance, home management skills and industrious.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by perry2020(f): 10:34am On Sep 04, 2014
Godmystrength: 19 points and still counting shocked shocked. Okay.
Sorry to bother you but since you know about wife materials, please tell me little about how to husband materials in other to get these wife materials.... Thank you.
Husband material is almost same wif wife but u no d duties of a wife is more.
1.GODFEARING ( he has to love God,himself before he thinks of loving u.if he sincerely loves god n respect god n his commandments he is "likely" not to cheat and behave in some kinda way.
2.look at his mentor n role models den u can tell d kinda man he will become
3.check his family history while dating b4 getting to serious and how he was brought up Eg broken home history,mental illness,epilepsy,violence etc.if he is clean den he is morally up right
4.he must not be easily manipulated ie sum1 told him ur cheating he dint even find out he just jumped into conclusion or a business deal was introduced and he manipulates u n gets money n pour it all into d business.
5.looking at how he loves,treat and respect his mum is the way he is likely"most often times" gonna treat u.
6.AS FOR ME OO EXCESSIVE MOMMYS BOY AINT HUSBAND MATERIAL COZ HE WOULD ALWAYS TAKE EZ MOTHERS WISHES OVER URS AND MAY NEVER BE ABLE TO STAND UP TO HER. so his mums wish is final
7.he must have an independent mind of ez own,patient,must control ez temperament.
8.he has to be the type that listens to ur opinion n takes advice.a guy who is always boosy and wants it to me only me can run my family is not a husband material
9.there are some men that feel it's only them that must make decisions,they dont ever want decisions to be made by women bcoz they see them as lower humans is never and can never be a husband material for me.
10.he has to be responsible financially,psychologically, spiritually ,ethically. the way a guy takes his job says a lot about him.
11.what is his views about marriage?family?kids?togetherness also says alot about him
12. he has to love(let ur ride ez car instead of treking under d hot sun n f e knt let u,e should drive u),respect,adore u,provide for u,profess ez love for u,and protect u to show he is a husband material.
13.hez got to be smart and sensible to prove ez a husband material
14.a waster isn't a husband material(a matured man who would prefare to pop a casket of champagne rather than help the needy or provide for the home front)
15.a man that knows how to invest his tym and money is a husband material.
16.a man who respect himself enough to no dat he is the head and been a provider and protector is what makes him the head.
17.a guy who makes u ez best friend and diary rather than friends who aren't even there for him in times of need is a husband material(he chills out with d men n all but still knows it's only ez wife that should no ez secrets)
18.a man who knows how to create good communication,a man who is understanding is a good husband material
19.a man who tells u ez next step before taking them or talks to u,asks for ur opinion and respects it.before making decisions is a husband materials.
20.a humble man who listens to advice and can make up for mistakes e makes,who isn't too proud to apologize when has done sumtin rng is a husbnd material.
PLZ NOTE:A GUY WHO BEATS YOU WHILE U ARE DATING OVER LITTLE TINZ OR SLAPS U IN D NAME OF CORRECTING U IS NEVER EVER NEVER AND CAN NEVER BE A HUSBAND MATERIAL OOOOO
Erm dis is all I can remember for now I will modify as I remember Hope dis is helpful. wonder why ur asking sef coz I no ur married.

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by snazzylove: 10:38am On Sep 04, 2014
Godmystrength: All the men that are looking for wife materials, how many of them are husband materials?

U clearly stated my mind.

@OP, when u see pure China White, not cotton oo, 'Pauplin', that's 'WIFE MATERIAL'. And when you want to 'buy' make sure you get up to 10yards by 60'so it will be enough to cover up your ignorance.

Wife material ko, husband sewing ni undecided

9 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 04, 2014
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 10:46am On Sep 04, 2014
perry2020: Husband material is almost same wif wife bt u no d duties of a wife is mur.
Really? says who? I don't think i know. I want to know

perry2020:
wonder why ur asking sef coz I no ur married.
Maybe i want to know if hubby is a husband material abi
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nobody: 10:50am On Sep 04, 2014
Every girl is a wife material, it depends on what(type) you want. But every boy is not a husband material.

2 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by perry2020(f): 10:51am On Sep 04, 2014
msmon:

Your point are very insightful, informative and educative.
I hope you'd be able to provide answer to this question;
1. How long have u been married? *smile*
2. Who is a husband material?
3. Can one find a wife material with all the attributes u listed?

Looking forward to your response.
1.am not married n I dnt tink I wana do dat.
2.i just stated that above.(have control of ez temperament,matured,responsible,god fearing, wise,supportive and understanding.
3.it depends,there re sum characters u were born wif ryt,some ur parents helped incorcate in u,the environment also played it's role and friends also did.No1 I Repeat Noone is perfect,ppl re different my definition of wife material myt be different from urs,i just made an overview of what I felt was very important so it's left to u to pick what u want from it and look for it in ur dream lady. U myt not get all bt get close to all n then teach her d rest ryt from when u guys re frnds.we re all human n sum of dos qualities aren't glaring bt wen u c traits or traces of such qualities den work wif it and develop it.no1 is perfect even I myself.

2 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by SAMBARRY: 10:54am On Sep 04, 2014
Shikin Perry perry so you are looking for an embodiment of all of that in one woman while you will be doing what if I may ask grin

well you will see her when you go to your bedroom, sleep and dream grin grin
perry2020:
1.a lady who can submit herself(she isn't too proud,neda is she boosy,she doesn't put herself above her husbnd and family)
2.a very understanding lady(sumone who understands u coz d key to a healthy relationship is understanding,when they understand each other some quarrels can be averted).
3.a lady who supports u and completes u(sum ladies have d ideology dat "it's my husbnds responsibility to do everything dats y e is d man"its shouldn't be dis way.a wife should be a helpmate not a liability.(take her out on a date tell her u forgot ur wallet n plead wif ha to pay n c her reaction)
4.a god fearing lady
5.a smart lady and a lady who is very resourceful and independent not one who at just dating level is expecting u to buy cream,pad etc f u strt now just get redi to do it forever.
7.a lady wif good morals,very contented,not much of a gossip coz f she is much of a gossip my dear u re in trouble ooo.
9.a lady with gud personal hygiene and keeps her house clean,f she doesn't keep her house clean den how will she keep urs clean.SHE MUST ALSO CARE FOR HERSELF PHYSICALLY so it won't be a matter of blowing up after marriage and u end up saying my wife is fat and I don't love her.
10.a lady who respect her parents and listen to advice.(f she knt obey her parents forget it she knt obey u.plus f she doesn't listen to advice whats d probability that f she does sumtin wrong and u advise her she would take ur advice and change.
12.a tactful and smart lady that can give her husbnd good advice wen he needs it and encouragement
13.a woman who is string spiritually coz battles will always come.a woman is d bedrock of her home,it is her prayer that keeps her husband,and kids goin.
14.dis is quite important to some men.F I WAS A GUY.SHE MUST BE A VERY VERY GOOD COOK COZ I LOVE FOOD AND VERY GOOD FOOD.( VARIETIES OF COOKING SKILLS AND RECIPE)the way to a man's heart is tru ez stomach.f a lady cooks beta for him babes forget ur nigga oo.
15.she MUST be ready to satisfy him sexually(dis is anoda tin j noticed that drives men away from home when she gives him 2 days in a week roaster AFTER Aff Pay bride price oo.n u expect him nt to look out as a young man.
16.a lady who isn't promiscuous(f she starts acting bitchy while dating what's d probability she won't turn into a LovePeddler wen u get married, now it's nt only men that bring in hiv and stds even women do.
18.a wife material must be matured aldoe age is just a number sum times,its abt maturity.Good communication is also very necessary
19.make sure she is fun loving(picnic,games,strolls etc) if not ehennnn ur.marraige will be so boring.

6 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by bukatyne(f): 10:54am On Sep 04, 2014
Depends solely on the intending husband

4 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by msmon(m): 10:57am On Sep 04, 2014
snazzylove:

U clearly stated my mind.

@OP, when u see pure China White, not cotton oo, 'Pauplin', that's 'WIFE MATERIAL'. And when you want to 'buy' make sure you get up to 10yards by 60'so it will be enough to cover up your ignorance.

Wife material ko, husband sewing ni undecided

What if you are wrong?

This thread is created to share perspective on a popular topic among we youths and it doesn't tell that a person is ignorant.
To assume someone is ignorant here tells a lot about u.

15 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by perry2020(f): 11:00am On Sep 04, 2014
Godmystrength:

Well it won't be from my post u will no if he is a husband material or not coz u have alredi married him and of course had d knowledge that e was best for u coz f u dint u wouldn't have married him. no1 is perfect,as I said earlier it's abt individual choice,ur ideal husband material qualities myt differ from myn.dat was just a quick overview of my own opinion of a husband or wife material which any1 can pick what dey feel is useful to them from it. Tank u.

3 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by msmon(m): 11:03am On Sep 04, 2014
Floodgater: Every girl is a wife material, it depends on what(type) you want. But every boy is not a husband material.

Hmm, u seems to have another understanding of the issue at hand, can u pls clear the air on ur opinion if time permit?

1 Like

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 11:17am On Sep 04, 2014
perry2020:
Well it won't be from my post u will no if he is a husband material or not coz u have alredi married him and of course had d knowledge that e was best for u coz f u dint u wouldn't have married him. no1 is perfect,as I said earlier it's abt individual choice,ur ideal husband material qualities myt differ from myn.dat was just a quick overview of my own opinion of a husband or wife material which any1 can pick what dey feel is useful to them from it. Tank u.
Na wa for you o grin grin. So you actually took that serious? I need no post on NL to know if he is a husband material or not.

And you left my question unanswered.
Godmystrength:
Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by 5minsmadness: 11:25am On Sep 04, 2014
perry2020:

4.a god fearing lady

13.a woman who is strong spiritually coz battles will always come.a woman is d bedrock of her home,it is her prayer that keeps her husband,and kids goin.

Very nice points.

If you can find a woman who imbibes all these characters then you have found a rare gem.

But I think humans being what they are, to get all these in one person might be difficult. A lady who possesses most of this characters is a good wife material.

4 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 04, 2014
If you see her as the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with...then she is YOUR own wife material.

19 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by snazzylove: 11:26am On Sep 04, 2014
msmon:

What if you are wrong?

This thread is created to share perspective on a popular topic among we youths and it doesn't tell that a person is ignorant.
To assume someone is ignorant here tells a lot about u.
Just d way your ignorance led you to quote me.
D last time I checked, the thread is for people to air their opinion, and u are not under any obligation to accept whatever I decide to write. So face front undecided

1 Like

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by sunvick(m): 11:33am On Sep 04, 2014
A wife material conventionally is a brilliant and smart lady. She opens her mouth in wisdom, she thinks of solution to a problem, a good manager of a home. Who faces reality and not wallow in fantasies of unrealities.

Buh there hypergamous nature has usurped their wife material tendencies.

3 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 11:46am On Sep 04, 2014
iwakolewa: If you see her as the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with...then she is YOUR own wife material.
True.
You alone know whatever qualities you desire in your spouse.
Any man/woman you find who posses them is your own husband/wife material

2 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by 5minsmadness: 12:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
perry2020:
Husband material is almost same wif wife bt u no d duties of a wife is mur.
1.GODFEARING ( he has to love God,himself before he thinks of loving u.f he sincerely loves god n respect god n ez commandments he is "likely" not to cheat and behave in some kinda way.
2.look at ez mentor n role models den u can tell d kinda man he will become
3.check ez family history while dating b4 getting to crioz and how he was brought up Eg broken home history,mental illness,epilepsy,voilence etc.f he is clean den he is morally up ryt
4.he must not be easily manipulated ie sum1 told him ur cheating e dint even find out he just jumped into conclusion or a business deal was introduced n e manipulates u n gets money n pour it all into d business.
5.looking at how he loves,treat and respect ez mum is the way he is likely"most often tyms" gonna treat u.
6.AS FOR ME OO EXCESSIVE MOMMYS BOY AINT HUSBAND MATERIAL COZ E WOULD ALWAYS TAKE EZ MOTHERS WISHES OVER URS AND MAY NEVA BE ABLE TO STAND UP TO HER.so ez mums wish is final
7.he must have an independent mind of ez own,patient,must control ez temperament.
8.he has to be the type that listens to ur opinion n takes advice.a guy who is always boosy and wants it to me only me can run my family is not a husband material
9.there re some men that feel it's only them that must make decisions,they done ever want decisions to be made by women coz dey c dem as lower humans is neva and can neva be a husband material for me.
10.he has to be responsible financially,psychologically, spiritually ,ethically.the way a guy takes his job says a lot about him.
11.what is ez views abt marriage?family?kids?togetherness also says alot about him
12. he has to love(let ur ride ez car instead of treking under d hot sun n f e knt let u,e should drive u),respect,adore u,provide for u,profess ez love for u,and protect u to show ez a husband material.
13.hez got to be smart and sensible to prove ez a husband material
14.a waster isn't a husband material(a matured man who would prefare to pop a casket of champagne rather than help the needy or provide for the home front)
15.a man that knows how to invest his tym and money is a husband material.
16.a man who respect himself enough to no dat e is the head and been a provider and protector is what makes him the head.
17.a guy who makes u ez best friend and diary rather than friends who aren't even der for him in tyms of need is a husband material(he chills out wif d men n all bt still knows it's only ez wife dat should no ez secrets)
18.a man who knows how to create good communication,a man who is understanding is a good husband material
19.a man who tells u ez next step before taking them or talks to u,asks for ur opinion and respects it.before making decisions is a husband materials.
20.a humble man who listens to advice and can make up for mistakes e makes,who isn't too proud to apologize when has done sumtin rng is a husbnd material.
PLZ NOTE:A GUY WHO BEATS YOU WHILE U ARE DATING OVER LITTLE TINZ OR SLAPS U IN D NAME OF CORRECTING U IS NEVER EVER NEVER AND CAN NEVER BE A HUSBAND MATERIAL OOOOO
Erm dis is all I can remember for now I will modify as I remember Hope dis is helpful.wonder why ur asking sef coz I no ur married.

Just measured myself against this checklist embarassed embarassed embarassed

I ain't doing so bad grin grin grin

Very insightful. Well done.

3 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by bennyrazz: 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2014
like seriously, in the actual context of Godfearing, how many of you have the fear of God in all the things you do? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by msmon(m): 12:22pm On Sep 04, 2014
aisha2: This is where we get into trouble, trying to box everyone into a corner and assume we all like and must have the same thing. No 2 people in this world have the same finger prints same way no 2 people are totally alike.

This is how some men will go and marry what is defined as a wife material yet 2weeks into the marriage start cheating on her with a non wife material.

People should be bold enough to decide what they want in a partner as long as the partner makes them happy.
Some want women who work some don't. If the man who wants a non working wife now marries a working one because we have told him she is wife material and they start to have conflict same society will shout "what is wrong with him".

I have seen a case where a man dated his babe for years and because his mother said she wasn't wife material as she was career oriented he left and married a material who focused less on career and more on the home. Less than a year he began to complain and lament, the other lady being a go getter was always pushing him to do better and be better at work, always helping him check opportunities etc. The wife he married was content with a certain life style, took care of the home and always made it clean and fresh while the lady he left hardly did house keeping just the basics, the marriage didn't last 3years as good a "wife material" as the wife was as defined by the standards of others that wasn't what he wanted or needed.

You see so many men with the stepford perfect wife yet cheating with a mistress who cannot even hold a candle to their wife, they may not love or desire the women they marry but have them as wifes simply because society has defined them as wives.

There are some basic standards everyone should have eg decency, honesty etc not just for marital relationship but for basic human relationships. That aside every adult should be able to define for themselves what they want in a spouse and not what others say is a good spouse for them.

You see women pretending and struggling to fit into these boxes then immediately the ring and certificates are secure become monsters. A "wife material" who would before marriage wash her brother in laws boxers, who will cook all the delicacies the way mama in law wants it, will now start demanding brother calls her anty and suddenly. Pastor so and so will see a vision of mama being a witch and mama is banned from the house

I'm in consensus ad idem with you!

2 Likes

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by msmon(m): 12:27pm On Sep 04, 2014
Nashville: This is a valid question and it should be discussed not dismissed. We just spent yesterday discussing a guy with potential and we had 10 pages of contributions.

While wife material means different things to different people, a good discussion would benefit some people - both male and female.

A wife material generally speaking is a woman whom a certain man can build a happy home, family and life with. Someone who can stand by you through good times and bad times and someone who loves and respects you.

However, what one man regards as wife material may not be wife material to another. But let's go ahead and have a good discussion!

Good contribution!

1 Like

Re: Which Lady Is a 'Wife Material'? by Godmystrength: 1:11pm On Sep 04, 2014
5minsmadness:
Just measured myself against this checklist embarassed embarassed embarassed

I ain't doing so bad grin grin grin

Very insightful. Well done.
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Is It Good For A Husband And Wife To Have Separate Rooms At Home? / Higher Education And The Female Child / My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.